aioncodex.com introduction (ex aiondatabase.net)

Kiriak-KT

Hi, guys! I'm Kiriak, the main developer of the http://aioncodex.com (ex aiondatabase.net).

I'm writing this post to let you know, that i'm no longer working on the aiondatabase.net and moved the site to the new domain: http://aioncodex.com.

If you are wondering, why the name of the site was changed, here what's happened.

My partner, with whom we were running our sites, decided, that he will run them without me. In the very beginning, when we were making this and other our sites, i was too busy making the site's engine and let him to register the domain names of the sites on his name. This was a big mistake. A few days ago he kicked me out by changing the passwords everywhere. However, i'm the actual coder of the site's engine and all the tools related to the parsing of the game data, while he was only making the site's design and doing some miscellaneous tasks i was giving him. Honestly, i don't know, what he was thinking, because without me he can't update or develop the sites further. But that's in the past now.

I've registered a new domain name aioncodex.com, got myself new powerful server and moved the site here. Everything was copied here from the old site, with the exception of the forum and it's user names. The passwords were changed unexpectedly and i didn't had a recent copy of the database. Sorry about that, guys. Everything else was located on my development PC and now is here on this new server, including the comments, screenshots and skill builds.

As usual you can expect from me updates, fast response on your bug reports and further development of the site!

If you have doubts or questions about this situation, please see this thread: https://redd.it/7lki7o

I've explained everything there in more details in regards of my other site, but this is true for all of them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the best way to support your site(s)? I assume turning off ad-blockers is one method, but contributing directly via Patreon is probably preferred. Are you able to divulge upkeep costs?

Thank you for all your work on these databases, they are invaluable.

Also, you obviously have your side of the story, and your former partner has his. The site news on Codex and Database conflict, but if I'm understanding everything correctly from the Reddit post, you two are at odds over how the revenue was split? If everything was 50/50 up until the very end, I think you should clarify this on Codex so that all viewers will understand what happened without the need to track down the Reddit post to get the full story.

In any case, a lesson learned; have everything written out on a contract in the future. 

Cheers and best of luck to you in the coming year.

Thanks, guys!

The best way to support would be, just to spread the word and visit my site. As for the revenue he always was getting his 50% share until the end, but i'll be on the loosing side from now on until the sites under new names will build big enough user base. Basically he can just do nothing now and get all the money.

I really didn't wanted to bring all the drama up, but the guys on reddit asked, so i've explained everything in details. It really pains me to think it over, he was my friend, you know. so i just want to tell the people about the new site and move on earning the respect and trust by continuously improving and updating my sites.

I'm very sorry to hear this, especially during holidays now. Been using your webiste for years and years for various games. I hope you two figure it out after all... I know this might not something you might consider, but maybe it's worth a thought. I'll follow up on Reddit about the details. Anyway wish you all the best and hope it works, spread the word! :3

18 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I'm very sorry to hear this, especially during holidays now. Been using your webiste for years and years for various games. I hope you two figure it out after all... I know this might not something you might consider, but maybe it's worth a thought. I'll follow up on Reddit about the details. Anyway wish you all the best and hope it works, spread the word! :3

Sorry for the double post, just linked it into various Discords to help ya out! <3

15 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

@Kiriak-KT I know advertisement is very important for you to keep the site working. Just want to point that there were like the worst ads you could ever imagine so plz, if you can make it somehow to not display those ads would be quite nice. I'm talking about the blinking one "you win something" etc if you understand me.

I understand how you feel and i hate those ugly ads myself! The situation with ads is following. I have a main ad provider, which shows good quality ads but, mostly for NA/EU regions. For all other countries, i'm using the Google Adsense as a filler. And those bad ads are usually come from google, when the main ad provider finds no good ads to show.

Unfortunately, due to the change of the domain names, my main ad provider has to build the ad portfolio again from nothing by approving my sites in the various ad networks. This process takes some time usually and now, during the holidays, it will take even longer than usual. So i guess i can expect more quality ads no earlier than second week of the January.

Sorry, but i can't do anything about it right now. :(

8 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I've tried to contact the guy and talk with him, but he refused. So i'll just move along and will continue to support and improve my sites to win the trust and respect of the visitors.

7 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Sorry for the double post, just linked it into various Discords to help ya out! <3

Thank you very much for your support!

16 hours ago, Kiriak-KT said:

I've tried to contact the guy and talk with him, but he refused. So i'll just move along and will continue to support and improve my sites to win the trust and respect of the visitors.

Thank you very much for your support!

Yeah, understandable. I read all of it as I mentioned I would and the situation is much clearer now. Just keep up the good work and I believe you'll gain their trust quite quickly especially since your expartner doesn't seem to know how to update his own website, it will die very quickly and you'll gain back your visitor in a heartbeat. :3

So sorry to hear about the fallout. I used the site often to plan ahead on what gear I wanted to put my characters in; it really is the only site that gives us great images. I had noticed recently that the images for the gear were not all correct, or missing, and thought perhaps this was because of the abrupt change in style to the Asmodian clothes (goodbye toe claws). Do you plan on updating the images on the new site so that they match correctly? I really liked the old format where we could get an accurate image of what the gear looked like (color etc.). Now we have to scroll through ten plus images and it is hard to tell which image is which.

I just didn't updated the images of the gear for a while. The whole process of making those images was quite complicated and it's only possible to do manually.

I'm certainly not planning to redo all images from the beginning, but i'll take a look if i can find a way to make them for the new gear.

You can always use the PowerBook to get some stuff done (be the English one or Korean). It’s unfortunate what happened to you but I’m glad you’ve decided to continue with the project and provide us with this useful information. I’m always on the website exploring. Best of luck mate.

I always use a combination of AionCodex and AionDB (the russian one). What I have always appreciated about AionCodex/Database is that they are the easiest ones to look up stuff, how they actually show skill pages, crafting recipes and more. Will definitely keep using this service.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 2:08 PM, Kiriak-KT said:

I just didn't updated the images of the gear for a while. The whole process of making those images was quite complicated and it's only possible to do manually.

I'm certainly not planning to redo all images from the beginning, but i'll take a look if i can find a way to make them for the new gear.

Yes I suppose when I stop and think about it, uploading every variation must be tiresome. I noticed you added the Default Color blocks though that had been removed from the old site, so that is extremely helpful. Thanks for that.

• 1 month later...

Site news (from aiondatabase.net)

09-12-2017: Our server engineer left the team. He was caught on advertising on the site without my knowledge, in their own interests. He changed the passwords on the server and put forward conditions if I do not re-register the domains and the server, he will separate and work himself, because he has everything he needs. Fortunately, we managed to quickly restore access to the server and prevent him from cleaning up with him. Now he tries to justify himself and pour mud on my name. We are updating the site. And we will continue to work. Stay with us.

469.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.02.2018 at 8:47 PM, Gallium-DN said:

Within the last three days I have been unable to use the site. I keep getting a white page that says "502 Bad Gateway".

There was a ddos attack on the site for almost two weeks. It's fixed now.

On 25.02.2018 at 7:06 AM, knee-DN said:

Site news (from aiondatabase.net)

I've explained everything regarding that message in this (very long) Reddit post if you are interested.

As you can see, almost 3 months have passed and there were no updates to the old site.

1 hour ago, Kiriak-KT said:

There was a ddos attack on the site for almost two weeks. It's fixed now.

How fixed is it supposed to be? For me it takes roughly a full minute to load (I timed it) and when it does, it doesn't display properly, rendering it not very useable.

Archived