aioncodex.com introduction (ex aiondatabase.net)

Kiriak-KT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10.03.2018 at 4:09 AM, Rakesh-DN said:

How fixed is it supposed to be? For me it takes roughly a full minute to load (I timed it) and when it does, it doesn't display properly, rendering it not very useable.

Same here. The site loads quite fast for me. Which browser are you using?

On 10.03.2018 at 5:28 AM, Rakesh-DN said:

Possibly, but I have cache refreshed it and have had no issues with anything else - this is the only site that's been like that ever since it got ddosed.

Maybe it's cloudfare's thing though.Are you located in the US? Also, do what do you see while the site is loading? Can you upload some screenshots of the pages with errors?

2 hours ago, Kiriak-KT said:

Same here. The site loads quite fast for me. Which browser are you using?

Firefox 58.0.2. and Chrome 65.0.3325.146, there's no difference with either.

2 hours ago, Kiriak-KT said:

Maybe it's cloudfare's thing though.Are you located in the US? Also, do what do you see while the site is loading? Can you upload some screenshots of the pages with errors?

I'm in Latvia. The site just takes a while to come up for me, with the good old "Waiting for aioncodex.com...". The browser check notification that used to be there quite a while ago (as part of the ddos prevention I presume) is gone. I was going to screenshot the awkward load state for when the site shows up but curiously it loads up normally today - when it does, that is. All pages on the site still load very slowly for me (around 15s between clicking an item link and seeing the item's page, for example).

10 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Firefox 58.0.2. and Chrome 65.0.3325.146, there's no difference with either.

I'm in Latvia. The site just takes a while to come up for me, with the good old "Waiting for aioncodex.com...". The browser check notification that used to be there quite a while ago (as part of the ddos prevention I presume) is gone. I was going to screenshot the awkward load state for when the site shows up but curiously it loads up normally today - when it does, that is. All pages on the site still load very slowly for me (around 15s between clicking an item link and seeing the item's page, for example).

My only guess here is since Cloudfare doesn't have their servers in Latvia, it routs you via some remote/slow server maybe.

If you don't mind, we can test it, please write me in the Discord (Kiriak#5590) and we'll try to figure it out.

I've used the Latvian VPN and saw this problem myself. Even got some 502 errors from the cloudfare. So the problem is definitely related to your IP address. I've flushed some IP blocklists, which were applied during the ddos attack and the site began to work normally on Latvian IP. Please let me know if the problem still exists on your end.

16 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

It appears to be running smoothly now. Thank you very much for going through the trouble of looking into it!

I'm very glad to hear that! Thank you for letting me know, that the problem is solved on your end. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I are having some problems with your website as well. The 502 error keeps popping up periodically and preventing us from viewing. I got a message saying to contact the administrator, so here I am. Hopefully you can fix the problem or give us some direction on how to work around it.

Thanks

On 26.03.2018 at 10:13 PM, Azeriah-KT said:

My sister and I are having some problems with your website as well. The 502 error keeps popping up periodically and preventing us from viewing. I got a message saying to contact the administrator, so here I am. Hopefully you can fix the problem or give us some direction on how to work around it.

Thanks

Thank you for letting me know about this! 

The ddos attack is still ongoing and even though it's usually subdued by the protection, sometimes the 502 error pops up for a short time.

Please write me in PM the IP address from which you are trying to access the site and the day/time when you've encountered or will encounter this problem.This will help me to fine tune the protection to avoid such problems in the future.

@Kiriak-KT I appreciate that you are willing to try and help me overcome the 502 error, but the truth is, I don't feel comfortable sharing my IP address at this time. The weird thing is, as of right now, I am unable to access the website at all. It doesn't seem to matter what time I try to access it, it just constantly gives me the message that the reason behind the error is either: A) the website doesn't answer the request in time, or B) the server where the website is located is unavailable.

It really is a shame that the ddos attacks keep happening. I guess I am just going to have to deal with not using the site until either the 502 error clears up, or I become so frustrated that I can't take it anymore. lol

14 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

@Kiriak-KT I appreciate that you are willing to try and help me overcome the 502 error, but the truth is, I don't feel comfortable sharing my IP address at this time. The weird thing is, as of right now, I am unable to access the website at all. It doesn't seem to matter what time I try to access it, it just constantly gives me the message that the reason behind the error is either: A) the website doesn't answer the request in time, or B) the server where the website is located is unavailable.

It really is a shame that the ddos attacks keep happening. I guess I am just going to have to deal with not using the site until either the 502 error clears up, or I become so frustrated that I can't take it anymore. lol

I understand your concern regarding your IP address. Could you at least share with me the error screen you are getting? It should contain some session related data, which will help me to identify the problem. There were no downtimes for the site during this week, so there is a clearly some routing problem between you and the server.

1 minute ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Yes! I just clicked on the website to see if anything had changed and I have access again! :D

Thanks for being kind enough and taking the time to look into the problem. I am very relieved!

Glad to hear that! :D

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Kiriak-KT said:

Site update:

- Russian, Japanese and Taiwanese sections of the database updated up to the version 6.2.
- Korean section updated up to the version 6.5.
- Added the "Added in patch" sub menus for Items and Quests.

I love you forever!

On 8/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, Kiriak-KT said:

Site update:

- Russian, Japanese and Taiwanese sections of the database updated up to the version 6.2.
- Korean section updated up to the version 6.5
- Added the "Added in patch" sub menus for Items and Quests.

Could someone who can translate Korean better than google, please tell me if any of the construction craft recipes were converted into Luna shop recipes?  I know I saw plenty of couches and beds on the Korean list, but I can't be sure which ones they are. Shoot me a PM! Thanks!

13 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Could someone who can translate Korean better than google, please tell me if any of the construction craft recipes were converted into Luna shop recipes?  I know I saw plenty of couches and beds on the Korean list, but I can't be sure which ones they are. Shoot me a PM! Thanks!

All types of traditional crafting were removed entirely in 6.x. As well as gathering. They still have the recipes in the client, but they are not available anymore in the game. Luna shop recipes were cut down from 7k recipes to a little more than 200 recipes.

What hit me personally is that all types of scrolls (attack speed/running speed/casting speed) were removed as well and you basically don't get ANY compensation for them. So be sure to not have big stacks of scrolls on your characters/warehouse, when the update comes to the west.

• 2 months later...

Archived