6.0 info

Kubei-DN

Please read the FAQ if you've got any questions!

Making a thread to keep everything in one place for ya'll since it seems people are still a bit confused about what's going on =)

Trailer

6.0 Intro

Asmodian Prologue

Elyos Prologue

• Items will be divided in 3 categories: Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate. This is scrapping the old Superior, Heroic, Fabled, etc. we currently have.
  • Items are divided between PvE and PvP attributes. PvE is obtained from PvE instances while PvP items are obtained from PvP instances and sieges. Materials drop in this too which is used to upgrade the items.
  • Tempering Solutions and Omegas are discarded, instead, we will get PvE and PvP enchantment stones.
  • Amplification system (leveling items past +15) is removed. Max enchantment level in 6.0 is +15. Items above that level can still be used.
  • Manastone slots have been decreased from 6 to 3. New manastones added.

620171222112413.jpg?1513909453502

• Idians, godstones, augmentation, conditioning is removed. 
  • +12 manastones are removed (possibly the +11 as well), you'll receive a new bundle with new manastones.
  • Bracelets and Plumes will be replaced.
Items Level Item
Pure Plume 5 - 6 +10 Ancient Daeva Plume
  7 +15 Ancient Daeva Plume
  8 +10 Legendary Daeva Plume
  9 +15 Legendary Daeva Plume
  10+ +15 Legendary/Ultimate Daeva Plume
Kaisinel/Marchutan Bracelet 5 - 6     +10 Ancient Daeva Protector Bracelet
  7 +15 Ancient Daeva Protector Bracelet
  8 +10 Legendary Daeva Protector Bracelet
  9 +15 Legendary Daeva Protector Bracelet
  10+  +15 Legendary/Ultimate Daeva Protector Bracelet
  • You will have a companion at the start of the game, Elyos "Roie" (로이에) and for Asmos "Cheska" (체스카). 
  • Maps are being removed. From 6.0 onward the leveling will be:

Poeta > Heiron > Inggison > Cygnea > Lakrum
Ishalgen > Beluslan > Gelkmaros > Enshar > Lakrum.

• Additionally, maps will (or should) get a graphical overhaul.
  • Lakrum is the new shared map between both races. It's for levels 75-80. Elyos entrance is on the left while Asmo entrance is on the right.

tumblr_p1n7sbH8Th1s1ts8io1_500.png

• Following maps are removed
  • Elyos
    - Verteron
    - Eltnen
    - Theobomos
    - Iluma
  • Asmodae
    - Altgard
    - Morheim
    - Brusthonin
    - Norsvold
  • Balaurea
    - Kaldor
    - Levinshor
  • Balancing of skills and all classes (no info on this yet)
  • Revamp of the leveling system 1-80. It'll be much easier and readjusted. Getting from 75 to 80 should take only few days.
  • Archdaeva system is discarded along with the skills, essences, and Essence Cores. You will receive 백민 금괴 (gold ingot) to compensate for the loss.
Essence Core +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10
Gold Ingot 11 15 23 31 47 80

[ Removed Consumables ] [ Removed Designs ] [ Removed Quest items ] [ Removed Stigmas ] + all skillbooks 

There's a lot of info about item exchange in Korea, though I'm not sure whether to post it with the NA translations. Most of Koreans have their items above +20 due to the various events they had in the past.

Courtesy of Kelekelio and Azsurance. Kudos for translations.

For anybody curious, you can still watch the original thread at Aion EU. Some info also found here.

January 3rd 2018 update

Removed instances

Instances in 6.0

Item exchange in Korea

Manstone & Master + Live server info

January 9th update

January 10th update

January 11th update

New Daevanion skills

Character Skill changesSorcerer, Chanter, Templar, Spiritmaster, Cleric, Gladiator, Ranger, Assassin, SongweaverGunslinger (Missing Aethertech)

Economy, Consumables, etc

January 17th Update

Please remember to see the English Powerbook as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

I dont understand the purpose of these tables. All the stuff they are listing was already rendered useless (practically removed), unless they are trying to list items that will be COMPLETELY wiped form the database.

I believe it's wiped from the database. With so much removal, the client is prone to be lighter in size.

8 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Any mention of how the abyss is being changed?

No new info on that yet, but I assume it's going to remain the same. If you're wondering about the Core (Divine Fortress), that's part of 5.8, which is coming January 10th.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

No new info on that yet, but I assume it's going to remain the same. If you're wondering about the Core (Divine Fortress), that's part of 5.8, which is coming January 10th.

Nah, I just figured since they're removing so many maps, they'd either revamp the abyss as well or remove portions of it. I'm wondering how it will fit in with the leveling changes being made, if at all. Thanks for posting all this.

1 minute ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Nah, I just figured since they're removing so many maps, they'd either revamp the abyss as well or remove portions of it. I'm wondering how it will fit in with the leveling changes being made, if at all. Thanks for posting all this.

I know they're currently have testing going on their Test server, however they're not permitted to leak any information out. If you remember seeing this video, it was an invitation for players to submit a form and be chosen for the testing. I guess we'll have to wait and see what else has changed. 

Gosh didn't these Koreans learn anything from their mistake of 4.8. Removing game content and thinking it'll make the game better is just insanity. You can't just go do the same thing over again and expect different results.

What we have now is good and 5.8 will be better. I mean whats gonna happen we start out at level 1 and we extract a plant and its gonna be considered ancient, as oppose to common grade, see the problem?

Everything about 6.0 is wrong, the Danuar saga is the best storyline of this game and its being removed. The archdaeva storyline is alright but removing well designed maps of Norsvold and Iluma while keeping Enshar and Cygnea is just dumb. No one liked Enshar or Cygnea it had dead spaces from its first existence and a crappy siege village system with Stonespar siege which no one did.

There is a problem with Aion and that's content and it all started with 4.8. 6.0 will not remove this problem but only exacerbate it.

Korea is going overboard and should just add Lakrum and not touch any of the old maps. No other MMORPG is this retarded to do what they plan to do, they should take a look at Guild Wars, as none of its updates in terms of content are highly controversial.

Thankfully 6.0 is in Alpha stage and with more testing they'll realise the error of their ways cause I tell you removing things like godstones and kinah and dumbing down the game is gonna nyerk a lot of people off.

Finally a step in the right direction by korea,Capped gear and godstone removal will be one of the best things to happen to aion pvp.No more losing due to RNG procs of stupid godstones when you should of won,no more having to face pay2win losers in +20 or higher gear cause they dont want fair and competitive pvp.Pity these awesome changes arent coming in 5.8 at least they seem to be listening to player's.

Keep up the goodwork korea,you might actually breathe life back into the game if you make it fun again.

We've been asking for the removal of godstones since launch. That's probably the best part of the whole patch.

I understand being pissed that you and other people have dropped $$$$ and time into this game for your +20+ gear with +11 manastones and nyerk, but that was the risk you take with every patch. RIP to those who dropped hundreds of dollars on the treasure box luna shit for the 65 mythic gear only to have it largely (not completely) invalidated by 5.3 and 5.8. At least you now know ahead of time that investing further may be a bad idea. Or it might all be fine. Too soon to tell.

This game is huge and overly complex with a steep gear, leveling, and learning curve, which contributes to the lack of new players or players who stick around for any length of time. Most of the maps are nearly completely unused, designed around a style of gameplay they haven't used in years, difficult to navigate if you're a nubstick, and might not be worth the time to be prettified (like Poeta/Ishalgen) and updated for 2018. As is, they're dumbing down the game to make it attractive to new players for their move to f2p in Korea. Do I agree with the removal of all the maps? No, but I'm curious to see what they do to make up for it.

We'll see if it's the end of the world or not in a couple weeks. Panicking now is unwise. We don't have all the information on what the patch entails. It could be Aion's saving grace, or it could be the final nail in the coffin that has been the decline of the game since 4.8 and the 5.X series.

If 6.0 goes well, this is a masterful opportunity for NA/EU to capitalize on the simplification and streamlining of the game to advertise to new players. Not that NA probably will if the word-of-mouth advertising method is still popular after the MXM debacle.

tl;dr:

Just take a deep breath and a step back. We don't have all the information. We don't know what all of 6.0 and the following mini-patches will entail. We're two and a bit weeks out from release in Korea, and things may change between launch and the time NA/EU get the patch, the way there were changes to 5.0 before we got the 5.0 patch, as well as all the other patches.

54 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

Gosh didn't these Koreans learn anything from their mistake of 4.8. Removing game content and thinking it'll make the game better is just insanity. You can't just go do the same thing over again and expect different results.

What we have now is good and 5.8 will be better. I mean whats gonna happen we start out at level 1 and we extract a plant and its gonna be considered ancient, as oppose to common grade, see the problem?

Everything about 6.0 is wrong, the Danuar saga is the best storyline of this game and its being removed. The archdaeva storyline is alright but removing well designed maps of Norsvold and Iluma while keeping Enshar and Cygnea is just dumb. No one liked Enshar or Cygnea it had dead spaces from its first existence and a crappy siege village system with Stonespar siege which no one did.

There is a problem with Aion and that's content and it all started with 4.8. 6.0 will not remove this problem but only exacerbate it.

Korea is going overboard and should just add Lakrum and not touch any of the old maps. No other MMORPG is this retarded to do what they plan to do, they should take a look at Guild Wars, as none of its updates in terms of content are highly controversial.

Thankfully 6.0 is in Alpha stage and with more testing they'll realise the error of their ways cause I tell you removing things like godstones and kinah and dumbing down the game is gonna nyerk a lot of people off.

Agreed with not liking the Cygnea map but the new map looks great, it looks like a return to the Katalam/Danaria maps, which most people liked.

5 minutes ago, zikira-KT said:

Finally a step in the right direction by korea,Capped gear and godstone removal will be one of the best things to happen to aion pvp.No more losing due to RNG procs of stupid godstones when you should of won,no more having to face pay2win losers in +20 or higher gear cause they dont want fair and competitive pvp.Pity these awesome changes arent coming in 5.8 at least they seem to be listening to player's.

Keep up the goodwork korea,you might actually breathe life back into the game if you make it fun again.

Agree completely. I much preferred Aion when the cap to enchantments was 10, I could live with 15, then they introduced plumes, bracelets, breakthrough,  etc- not really as mechanisms to add to player enjoyment, but to add to cash shop AND to artificially  add to the grind.Players are always grinding and everything is RNG based.

This new system where people will have no godstones, where there is a sensible cap to enchantment  and everyone will earn their gear by participation sounds like the Aion we used to have, which sounds like a big improvement.

To be honest the first info some days ago was really nice to me. But now I see some things that I´m not sure if are good ideas. 

First at all, I do not like the idea of removing maps. And are so many maps they are going to remove and just 1 new map. Yes. the new map will be like the old Katalam and that is great. And I know that most of the maps removed are almost unused and so few players go there. But is sad to see more maps destroyed. And actually I´m not so sure if the devs knows how to replace maps. In 4.8 they made a huge mess with that. Not only cause they erased important maps that we liked. Also cause Cygnea and Enshar were so small and with so few content and quest to compensate the lost. The quest from those new maps were insuficient to give us all the experience required to go from 55 to 65. We lost on that update so many quest and ways to level up. I am worried with the 6.0 and all those maps removed that we wont have enought sources to get experience, items and learning how to play (for new users). And also, with the maps lost in 4.8 we also lost so much of the storyline and campaings that were so interesting. I think is better to keep those maps as they are and maybe in the future if the game recover the old population, they can recicle them adding new quest and instances there. just my opinion.

The other thing that I do not like so much is what they are going to do with plumes, bracelets, essences, etc. 

Ok. those are P2W items and we all know how much those things damaged the game. But people used so much money and time there. And some of them are not going to be removed, they are just replacing for new ones. So if somebody paid a lot to get a plume, now that will be lost (replaced for a minor item) and we will have to pay again for the new plumes and bracelets? They are just erasing old P2W items and adding new ones? That´s the same thing! But is not so respectfull with the people who paid them for their salaries the last 2 years. Also. If i have some plumes on my alts (farmed with many events and time), I will lose them just cause they are not pure +5 al least? I wont get a thing? But i will just have that empty place to start farming a new one from nothing? Yes. I know we need a solution for all the bad ideas after 4.0, but "destroying" our effort and money is not the solution. I think is better to nerf those old items, gradually with  2 or 3 updates, so we still have something for a while and giving us the chance to get the new things. Remember what happened with all the changes in stigmas. A lot of people were really mad and complained a lot. And were just stigmas. But if they erase a plume or a bracelet after some players wasted hundreds of dollars there, will be a real problem, and maybe is illegal in many countries. (also is totally dishonest for them to make an event about enchanting plumes and bracelets buying temperings now, if they know they are going to erase all that in some months. At leats they could say that will be lost money)

the real lesson here is to not trust anymore in NCSoft. Giving money to them is a bad idea. They do not respect the people who pay and makes possible to them to keep their jobs. If they want to work for free.... ok then. (like what they did with cyber monday offering some items as a limited offert for one day and lot of people rushed to buy those things and few weeks later the items are back. We saw that) 

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:
  • Maps are being removed. From 6.0 onward the leveling will be:

Poeta > Heiron > Inggison > Cygnea > Lakrum
Ishalgen > Beluslan > Gelkmaros > Enshar > Lakrum.

• Additionally, maps will (or should) get a graphical overhaul.

Heiron and Beluslan are the ugliest maps in the <50 range. Of course they have to keep these. >___>

They'd better do the graphical overhaul properly...

25 minutes ago, Mayinne-DN said:

Heiron and Beluslan are the ugliest maps in the <50 range. Of course they have to keep these. >___>

I dunno, I like Beluslan and Heiron. Heiron especially has so many varied landscapes. I mean you go from ancient ruins, to deep jungle, to barren wastelands, to zombie infested farmlands, to ocean shoreline, and even a swirling vortex riddled with ghosts and vampires...and thats just one map. Beluslans winter landscapes are varied and quite pretty to look at. I wonder how many new players have bothered to actually take time and explore Heiron and Beluslan thoroughly. Probably not many considering most just head to Kromedes trial, spam that, then move on to the next map.

I'd be interested to see just how expansive said graphical revamp is for both those maps. (In fact, wouldnt mind if they somehow made them bigger, (to make up for losing the other vistas.)

@Azzmaria-KT while I understand you’re upset about the exchange rate for bracelets and plumes, remember that table applies to KOREA only. Both NA and EU versions will have to adapt to what we have. I mentioned this before, but very few people have a +5 essence core, which is why NCWest will have to change things. For the same reason, I won’t be posting the rest of item exchange because their gears apply to +20 or more only. 

For me personally, the 6.0 update is very exciting and new. When 5.0 launched I got extremely overwhelmed by the leveling system and quit the game for like three months before rerolling to Asmo. That’s not how a game should work, or any MMORPG for that matter. All we can do is wait and see the next few weeks.

Shut the nyerk up, Mayinne. :P Dont you dare dis on the best areas of that level range, though Brusthonin is still on the first place.

The starting area, sure, I will give you that, but the rest of Beluslan, despite being the same theme (snow), it changes styles in every section. Tranquil corruption, deep sorrow, the highest point in the region, a cursed city unable to move in time, the betrayal of the Hoarfrost tribe, etc. Even the Lepharist area has a very neat touch at night.

Heiron is surely not for everyone, considering its dead land for the most part. However, Vaizel's Peak and Heironopolis accomplish the ancient city ruins style extremely well. Poya Jungle is the only forest-heavy area we have, trying to show how whatever is inside lurks behind the trees is ready to eat you up. Still, probably the biggest strong point in Heiron is Stenon Bay. Filled with ruins, stories of betrayal and love, and a strong feeling of longing for the past.

Assuming that they are going to remove maps, I would say I am glad they are removing Morheim and Altgard. They were both such a cluster of biomes randomly linked together. The ones I am deeply sad about are Brusthonin, Verteron, Kaldor and Theobomos.

23 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

@Azzmaria-KT while I understand you’re upset about the exchange rate for bracelets and plumes, remember that table applies to KOREA only. Both NA and EU versions will have to adapt to what we have. I mentioned this before, but very few people have a +5 essence core, which is why NCWest will have to change things. For the same reason, I won’t be posting the rest of item exchange because their gears apply to +20 or more only. 

For me personally, the 6.0 update is very exciting and new. When 5.0 launched I got extremely overwhelmed by the leveling system and quit the game for like three months before rerolling to Asmo. That’s not how a game should work, or any MMORPG for that matter. All we can do is wait and see the next few weeks.

And I undertand that. I was one of the first players thinking those changes were bad ideas. I really think we need most of the things from 6.0 . But in the other hand I still do not trust so much in NCSoft devs. Even if most of the things looks like something good and needed, I remember that those devs thught that removing maps in 4.8 or archadaeva things or even to create a MOBA on servers with outdated technology were brillian ideas :P . I need to see how they do  the things first. They are really great at ruining good ideas. LOL

But about the things they are going to replace/destroy. I totally know that most of them are bad for the game. I know we need to take out them. But there are ways to do that. A gradual change is better. To make them become outdated slowly and become useless after many updates is a good idea. But to erase them all, even when they are selling those items now is so close to be illegal. Also the exp thing. Is totally wrong what we have today and leveling is annoying, but some people paid so much to be at 75 in few months. A lot of people paid some dollars to do some extra lunas or instances taking profit of the events. 

We all know how it works when you buy something. If you pay for something nobody can take that thing out. If they say is a permanent thing and you paid,it must be permanent. Is not legal to change the rules after you paid. A lot of people trusted in them about the plumes, bracelets, exp, etc....

how would I solve the exp thing? So easy. First at all I would start with permanent exp buffs like we have in events. Starting with a +100% for some time, and increasing it to 200%, 300% and maybe to +1000% in the last month. So gradually everybody will level up. And we will not have a big jump. Also I  would check the players who reached 75 in 3-4 months and give them a nice reward. To the people who reached 75 after 1 year, a medium reward. And maybe even something for players who have 73 - 74. And the reward must be something unique or rare. Maybe some old motions/emotes. An special mount faster than others. Maybe 1 year prestige or skins. But telling them one day "ok. ty for all your money, but what we sold to you does not exist anymore, and all you paid for, will be free for everyone now" is not right. Is not legal.

3 hours ago, Mayinne-DN said:

In all fairness there is merit to keeping those. Those maps are actually pretty diverse, spacious, and have a good deal of story associated with them, nearly 15 mins' worth of cutscenes for each region. I can see it working out, though it'll feel weird fighting supposedly tougher and more evil looking enemies at a lower level. Unless they change and replace some of the mobs as well, e.g. the Lepharist NPCs in Heiron following the events of the original Eltnen/Heiron campaign and Lephar's demise.

Every map has some merit to it but let's be fair, some have more of that than others. What is there to Eltnen besides the fortress and nice starting area? Not to mention Altgard which instantly invalidates all effort they put into revamping Ishalgen.

How these changes will play out, we don't know. But at least they are trying. They could have chosen to just let the game slowly burn out like a candle and shift the focus to L2:M which is reeling in the big bucks, but with the new Poeta/Ishalgen they went for a graphical update of all things. And now they are undoing everything they put into 5.X and try to bring back that 3.X/4.X vibe. I don't think they have given up on Aion just yet.

Archived