6.0 info

Kubei-DN

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

And I undertand that. I was one of the first players thinking those changes were bad ideas. I really think we need most of the things from 6.0 . But in the other hand I still do not trust so much in NCSoft devs. Even if most of the things looks like something good and needed, I remember that those devs thught that removing maps in 4.8 or archadaeva things or even to create a MOBA on servers with outdated technology were brillian ideas :P . I need to see how they do  the things first. They are really great at ruining good ideas. LOL

But about the things they are going to replace/destroy. I totally know that most of them are bad for the game. I know we need to take out them. But there are ways to do that. A gradual change is better. To make them become outdated slowly and become useless after many updates is a good idea. But to erase them all, even when they are selling those items now is so close to be illegal. Also the exp thing. Is totally wrong what we have today and leveling is annoying, but some people paid so much to be at 75 in few months. A lot of people paid some dollars to do some extra lunas or instances taking profit of the events. 

We all know how it works when you buy something. If you pay for something nobody can take that thing out. If they say is a permanent thing and you paid,it must be permanent. Is not legal to change the rules after you paid. A lot of people trusted in them about the plumes, bracelets, exp, etc....

how would I solve the exp thing? So easy. First at all I would start with permanent exp buffs like we have in events. Starting with a +100% for some time, and increasing it to 200%, 300% and maybe to +1000% in the last month. So gradually everybody will level up. And we will not have a big jump. Also I  would check the players who reached 75 in 3-4 months and give them a nice reward. To the people who reached 75 after 1 year, a medium reward. And maybe even something for players who have 73 - 74. And the reward must be something unique or rare. Maybe some old motions/emotes. An special mount faster than others. Maybe 1 year prestige or skins. But telling them one day "ok. ty for all your money, but what we sold to you does not exist anymore, and all you paid for, will be free for everyone now" is not right. Is not legal.

In terms of your last sentence about legal,id suggest you read terms of use,game company's can do anything they want,and you agree to this everytime you log in,whether it F2play model with cashsop or subscription.

And i really dont feel much sympathy for any of these player's that have gone crazy with +9/10 plumes or braclets or +20 gears,it's done for sheer advantage over other's these changes are a huge win for player's and hopefully encourage old and new alike to come back or stick around.We had the same situation with twinks  and people got annoyed with that hence FTS,people can argue all they like but most people are happy to engage in pvp on a relatively even footing,but when you have +15 gear and still be cut to shreds in 5 seconds flat by pay2wins that is not gonna make player's stay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Holo-KT said:

... to zombie infested farmlands, ... and even a swirling vortex riddled with ghosts and vampires...

Exactly my point! ;) 

8 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Tranquil corruption

You mean zombies... :/

8 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Still, probably the biggest strong point in Heiron is Stenon Bay. Filled with ruins, stories of betrayal and love, and a strong feeling of longing for the past.

...and zombies... ¬¬

22 minutes ago, Mayinne-DN said:

Exactly my point! ;) 

You mean zombies... :/

...and zombies... ¬¬

Oh you're just a zombiphobe. Hey, zombies are people too!! Zombie lives matter!!(...wait...what?!?!?)

Well, they were people, but...NO they're just different kinds of people! Though now more closely resembling animated inanimate objects...umm...but...

Whatever vampires are cool! (...as long as they dont sparkle...)

12 hours ago, Mayinne-DN said:

Heiron and Beluslan are the ugliest maps in the <50 range. Of course they have to keep these. >___>

They'd better do the graphical overhaul properly...

Why spare Beluslan/Heiron?

While not being the most diverse or visually interesting, lore or quest rich they have 2 major things going for them. 
- These maps have the highest number of lower level instance entrances. 
- These maps are part of the Housing System. The devs haven't done anything with housing since it's launch.

Basically, rather than keep maps based on lore or other reasons the devs chose the ones that would be the least amount of work.

21 minutes ago, MintyR-DN said:

Well there goes the money I spent on ALL of that....

Oh my, SO MUCH money spent on idians and Godstones... Did you sell your palace for that? 

19 minutes ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Why spare Beluslan/Heiron?

While not being the most diverse or visually interesting, lore or quest rich they have 2 major things going for them. 
- These maps have the highest number of lower level instance entrances. 
- These maps are part of the Housing System. The devs haven't done anything with housing since it's launch.

Basically, rather than keep maps based on lore or other reasons the devs chose the ones that would be the least amount of work.

Except that they are the most diverse and visually appealing and the most memorable questlines come from those places...

11 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Except that they are the most diverse and visually appealing and the most memorable questlines come from those places...

I find them boring and bland. Swamp/Jungle and  Snow, snow and more snow. I can't even remember most of the quests from Belu but I sure as heck remember the ones from Morheim especially the parts about Deltras.

I know everybody hates godstones, that they are pure rng and not skill based, i started to play in EU in late 3.0 so i never knew the old Aion some Grandpas here talk about :P,     

At least you can run away  or  pot away a silence gs proc and/or use some dispell skill for a blind gs, for me the real problem was Paralyze gs, and the actual para resistance and bonus gs supression from AP gear and CP passive are doing a decent job against them.
i know some of you feel this effect but to get some kind of proof of this statement you can check this video >> Pocosin vs Tsukiyumi  both are good geared and Poco is using Dual Para GS, in 18 minutes of fight his godstones were not activated even once.

I know sometimes is crazy the number of consecutive time a Silence gs procs espcially in multple strike classes like gladiator, chanter, templar. A solution could be add some kind of limiter, like an internal cooldown, let say for example 30 sec cd after a succefull proc or something like that. Because nowadays with Modor Pet, Terraskin, and some archdaeva skills is a lot harder to land a proper bury.

i guess 6.0 will be the healer/tanky Paradise, i really can't imagine a way to kill a cleric without some lucky gs (yeah call me noob all you want :() but the truth is i need to land properly at least 2 bury silence and get 1 or 2 silence gs to kill a cleric that uses some kind of defensive set, something similar happens against  chanters, templars and those pesky Songweavers with that Diabolical  500 silence resistance stigma

20 minutes ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

I find them boring and bland. Swamp/Jungle and  Snow, snow and more snow. I can't even remember most of the quests from Belu but I sure as heck remember the ones from Morheim especially the parts about Deltras.

Bollvig, Lepharists allied with your old commander (as Elyos), Krall Wars and the progressive infection of the land, Watcher Zapiel, Balaur entering the Aetheric Field. AND FORGOTTEN SORROW.

Paeru and his captured father, Kurngalfberg, the Hermit, Golden Trumpet Temple, Red Mane and Hoarfrost Mau, Balaur entering the Aetheric Field (again).

Compared to Morheim and Eltnen who only had Fire Temple and Kromede... which actually are memorable because of Kromede's Trial in Heiron/Beluslan.

Edit:

Oh, and the Boobie cutscene in the Red Mane Cavern. "Dont stand too close to them when you detonate them".

Bollvig - Spy quest, was told to nyerk off.

Watcher Zapiel - who?? never heard of them

FORGOTTEN SORROW - Deava of Song in the tavern of both Sanctum and Panda

Kurngalfberg - Ice ghosts, undeveloped storyline

the Hermit - again who??

Golden Trumpet Temple -?? Do you mean Alukina and the failed attempt at "swimming"?

Red Mane - snow globe from hell, always get turned around in here.

Why is KT even in Belu? The zone has nothing to do with Kromede.

47 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I know everybody hates godstones, that they are pure rng and not skill based, i started to play in EU in late 3.0 so i never knew the old Aion some Grandpas here talk about :P,     

At least you can run away  or  pot away a silence gs proc and/or use some dispell skill for a blind gs, for me the real problem was Paralyze gs, and the actual para resistance and bonus gs supression from AP gear and CP passive are doing a decent job against them.
i know some of you feel this effect but to get some kind of proof of this statement you can check this video >> Pocosin vs Tsukiyumi  both are good geared and Poco is using Dual Para GS, in 18 minutes of fight his godstones were not activated even once.

I know sometimes is crazy the number of consecutive time a Silence gs procs espcially in multple strike classes like gladiator, chanter, templar. A solution could be add some kind of limiter, like an internal cooldown, let say for example 30 sec cd after a succefull proc or something like that. Because nowadays with Modor Pet, Terraskin, and some archdaeva skills is a lot harder to land a proper bury.

i guess 6.0 will be the healer/tanky Paradise, i really can't imagine a way to kill a cleric without some lucky gs (yeah call me noob all you want :() but the truth is i need to land properly at least 2 bury silence and get 1 or 2 silence gs to kill a cleric that uses some kind of defensive set, something similar happens against  chanters, templars and those pesky Songweavers with that Diabolical  500 silence resistance stigma

They are overhauling classes so hopefully they allow for that,there are game's like World of warcraft where a single player can take down a healer class if they time their skills properly and dont go ham with burst at start,but instead pressure the healer to blow all Cd's then wait for a burst window.

As to para stone's not proccing,they are lower rate than silence and blind,i wish i could find a video of ribborn showing him pvping and a glads Silence Gs procs 5 time's,as someone who plays a caster class silence GS procs way too much and 8 secs silence is pure overkill,if ncsoft give's all classe's a silence or some form of interrupt's thats fine but there's many fights you should win but didnt cause lol back to back silence godstone procs.

2 hours ago, zikira-KT said:

They are overhauling classes so hopefully they allow for that,there are game's like World of warcraft where a single player can take down a healer class if they time their skills properly and dont go ham with burst at start,but instead pressure the healer to blow all Cd's then wait for a burst window.

As to para stone's not proccing,they are lower rate than silence and blind,i wish i could find a video of ribborn showing him pvping and a glads Silence Gs procs 5 time's,as someone who plays a caster class silence GS procs way too much and 8 secs silence is pure overkill,if ncsoft give's all classe's a silence or some form of interrupt's thats fine but there's many fights you should win but didnt cause lol back to back silence godstone procs.

Sure let's give all classes a silence, including chain, if you give me the ability to dispel. Oh hey..that would kind of make sorcs into..like..songweavers.

vipnjb.jpg

19 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Sure let's give all classes a silence, including chain, if you give me the ability to dispel. Oh hey..that would kind of make sorcs into..like..songweavers.

vipnjb.jpg

Well Wow pvp is far more balanced and competitive than Aion has ever been,so yes even though nearly every class in Wow has stun or interrupt or silence,for the most part the pvp is far more balanced than pure RNG of silence godstones that can give classes back to back silence on all casters or any class that is affected by silence,id rather see skill based silences on shorter durations with diminishing returns than the utter randomness of the godstone system.

And it isnt a silly place at all,and when Aion has Arena events and pvp competitions on the scale of WOW then maybe you can call aion pvp successful and really competitive.

1 hour ago, zikira-KT said:

Well Wow pvp is far more balanced and competitive than Aion has ever been,so yes even though nearly every class in Wow has stun or interrupt or silence,for the most part the pvp is far more balanced than pure RNG of silence godstones that can give classes back to back silence on all casters or any class that is affected by silence,id rather see skill based silences on shorter durations with diminishing returns than the utter randomness of the godstone system.

And it isnt a silly place at all,and when Aion has Arena events and pvp competitions on the scale of WOW then maybe you can call aion pvp successful and really competitive.

Does Aion necessarily need to copy Wow's PVP mechanics and/or balancing? 

If you have played other games where literally every class had a stun, interrupt, slow, mezz, etc then the PVP was horrendous (SWTOR is one such example).

I'm sure that there are people who really enjoy wow's pvp, personally, I don't need to necessarily copycat wow.

Note that there is a big difference between giving silence to all classes and removing godstones, including silence godstones.

Lakrum screenshots

miZ_3jQ6TTSMRmA6boqXSA.jpeg

dtExnin2Sx_Z1N5EygIB8Q.jpeg

Direct links in case images don’t work (I’m on phone so it may be buggy):

https://prnt.sc/hvcj7j

https://prnt.sc/hvck2n

Images appeared first on Aion EU forums by Driolin, but were quickly taken down as the admins thought images are from a private server. Maybe it’s from their test server? No one knows.

Thank you @Neleth-KT for providing the images. 

Lakrum looks like Norsvold mixed with Aetherion part from Iluma, but that could be just me lol. Still pretty, the graphical changes can be noticed. 

Ninja Edit: It’s still uncertain whether this is Lakrum. Wait until there’s more info!

Archived