6.0 info

Kubei-DN

On 1/16/2018 at 1:34 AM, Bryos-KT said:

No, stigma charging benefits are determined by total values. They will definitely adjust that. :P A Cloaking Word at +5 with 1 min cd would be 57s, I think.

They didn't adjust it. The streamer below has all stigmas at 10+. Cloaking Word is at 24sec CD and it now only reduces your speed by 40%, he can stay in hide indefinitely. His Infernal Blight CD is only 16.8sec same for Spirit's Empowerment. Imagine being able to keep that buff up at all times:S Gib me now pls!

48 minutes ago, Warlyx-KT said:

any stream of SM? , new spirits at 76 right?

Korean SM Stream here no new spirits, i jotted down some SM info here

The new HP pools are huge, clothies hit 30k+ with quest gear. A streamer who leveled up in the new server went from 1-80 in less then 14hours.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, in my view, 6.0 is quite concerning. I'm going to quote something from Aion EU. 

First Livo.

I started playing 6.0 on Aion KR yesterday. They removed half maps, blocked access to half Sanctum, closed half of the doors. Poeta is 5min tutorial. They even made shorter that cave at the end of Poeta and Haramel. You make 3lvl by auto-attacking training dumies at spawn location. It's more like 'Clicking NPC simulator'. I feel like playing some nyerking demo game.

Then mrcl

After also playing for a while, I realised my expectations were way too high, the whole system, they have deleted 80% of the game if not more.

It hurts to say but all the instances that I would spend countless hours doing before in previous patches such as 1.5 have all been made Solo Instances and all take around 5 minutes to complete in the slightest. They merged, Minions, Scrolls, Food, and seems like "buffs" into a Transformation, which you get some at your own choice during levelling, then when you hit closer to max level, you can acquire them and use them. Each transformation is acquired permanently and they are "popped" or "used" by the activation of a Scroll in your inventory that costs 35,000 Kinah in the integrated in game shop using all in game currencies.

I'm not sure. The only good thing about this patch were probably class and skill re-balance, but even Koreans despise it. One Gold Bar is 1.3mil kinah, and kinah is bound, so if you want to buy good stuff from the new market, you'll need a lot of them. Here's a screenshot also posted on EU.

5bf3f212418c584ad90c2818c1fb1b81.png

Yesterday while watching a Korean native stream the game (he also speaks very well English), I asked him to show us the maps. My goodness, it's like 6.0 isn't Aion anymore. Upper and Lower Abyss cannot be clicked anymore, on Asmodae you see only Ishalgen, Beluslan, Pandaemonium and Pernon. It's just very, very sad to see.

15 hours ago, Ashtar-KT said:

They should have just rolled the servers back to 4.8 and made this Aion 2. 

I couldn't agree more with this.

The amount of changes are beyond a simple x.0 update. Considering how much effort players put into contents that are going to be removed (if they also remove the old quests from my history of completed quests, they can really go ****), it was better to start a new game on a new server.

- The new function to resurrect immediately has a Quna icon in it, AKA, p2w users will insta ress, the others can wait.

- Putting some skills (not skins, stones, but SKILLS, something quite mandatory to have) on the store is a bad idea. Same for transformation scrolls, that seem quite OP.

- Essencetapping/crafting unlockable with gold... this is another insult and it won't make the game more casual friendly imo. Just remove the leveling completely at this point, and make the crafting available through some NPCs, like in other games. It wouldn't be "funny" as level up something by yourself, but neither paying kinah to unlock stuff, is.

- Equipment can be purified with special mats... Again? I thought they were going to remove the purification. Maybe they mean something different?

- Quna to unlock additional entries. Yeah, rejoice farmers. From the pictures, you can buy skills, manastones, scrolls, minion, enchantment stones and weapons/gears too (?)

They could already rename the Golden Sank Market to Golden Sink Market (or sunk, if you like it better).

The only good news is the "ability to run only 1 client" (finally) and "stonespear sieges removed". Let's all cry for this loss.

EDIT: thanks Kubei for the previous post. Very useful to have some feedback from people who are already playing it.

14 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

I couldn't agree more with this.

The amount of changes are beyond a simple x.0 update. Considering how much effort players put into contents that are going to be removed (if they also remove the old quests from my history of completed quests, they can really go ****), it was better to start a new game on a new server.

- The new function to resurrect immediately has a Quna icon in it, AKA, p2w users will insta ress, the others can wait.

- Putting some skills (not skins, stones, but SKILLS, something quite mandatory to have) on the store is a bad idea. Same for transformation scrolls, that seem quite OP.

- Essencetapping/crafting unlockable with gold... this is another insult and it won't make the game more casual friendly imo. Just remove the leveling completely at this point, and make the crafting available through some NPCs, like in other games. It wouldn't be "funny" as level up something by yourself, but neither paying kinah to unlock stuff, is.

- Equipment can be purified with special mats... Again? I thought they were going to remove the purification. Maybe they mean something different?

- Quna to unlock additional entries. Yeah, rejoice farmers. From the pictures, you can buy skills, manastones, scrolls, minion, enchantment stones and weapons/gears too (?)

They could already rename the Golden Sank Market to Golden Sink Market (or sunk, if you like it better).

The only good news is the "ability to run only 1 client" (finally) and "stonespear sieges removed". Let's all cry for this loss.

EDIT: thanks Kubei for the previous post. Very useful to have some feedback from people who are already playing it.

How is running 1 client only good. Some people need to run dual client and it should be up to them if they want to and not NCsoft.

8 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Caught a glimpse on @Sidik-DN's stream, and this is how Ishalgen looks in 6.0. You start in Aldelle village right away (and not the basin)

hB9pR8oFT6_kUwUHLNeoLg.png

You can watch the video here for yourself. People level up on training dummies.

there are leveling in guides in the aion kr web 

http://aion.plaync.com/guide/home

1-10

20180116134018-fxCszEnTIyaExV4Ic0YC0-v4

11-40

20180116210037-1DaigGIB5IJsqhanvhsN0-v4

5 maps only , plus main city (that its cut in half btw)

Need? Why need? To farm more than the others?

Several players use to multibox to kill themselves on different accounts, that's not fair. You can use one faction, spy the opposite if you like, but then log back to your previous faction if you want to play. Even many private servers have this limitation.

But this is something that could be easily changed by GF/NCWest, if they want to allow 2 clients per IP (in case you really have someone to play with in the same house). But no one plays Aion with a friend on the same pc/laptop, be realistic.

Some new video, about the new transformations:

less space for cute skins during tough contents.

They also mention that you can buy one of the new locked skills with 200 gold (for 1 random skill book).

4 hours to level up from 62 to 77

Other info from mrcl: The best transformation, you get one of either Kaisinel/Marchutan, and these are the stats for Kaisinel. I have no idea how you obtain them two transformations, but I feel like it will be heavy P2W or insane luck.

And the % stats are:
+60% Cast Speed
+45% Movement Speed
+100% Healing Effect.

38 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

Unlocking gathering has always been done through kinah. The fact that they removed that annoying master quest. And you ended up needing to pay with kinah anyway even after completing it.

And, one of the very first articles stated they intended to make emphasis on upgrading/purification instead of getting brand new gear because it is easier that way so you dont have to start all over. And I dont see anything wrong with that.

Just now, KallSu-KT said:

Need? Why need? To farm more than the others?

Several players use to multibox to kill themselves on different accounts, that's not fair. You can use one faction, spy the opposite if you like, but then log back to your previous faction if you want to play. Even many private servers have this limitation.

But this is something that could be easily changed by GF/NCWest, if they want to allow 2 clients per IP (in case you really have someone to play with in the same house). But no one plays Aion with a friend on the same pc/laptop, be realistic.

in 6.0 i wont care , since leveling u will play mostrly 1 man instance , and another way is to let players go inside dungeons w/o need to be in group

So, basically 6.0 is following the same path as the typical mobile games. It's one single path with no exploration whatsoever, just follow this path and you'll get quests along the way. The same thing happened to Rohan Blood Feud once they added a new class that gives you insta lvl 50 (and class change) effortlessly and the cash shop was purely p2w. That game now remains dead. They went to that original "classic" server, but its follows one path, talk to this NPC, kill few mobs, go to next NPC, rinse and repeat. No one is ever in there.

Exploring Aion is what made the game fun. Now they're making it "just follow this easy road to level 80 with no effort while we take away what you love the most"

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

So, basically 6.0 is following the same path as the typical mobile games. It's one single path with no exploration whatsoever, just follow this path and you'll get quests along the way. The same thing happened to Rohan Blood Feud once they added a new class that gives you insta lvl 50 (and class change) effortlessly and the cash shop was purely p2w. That game now remains dead. They went to that original "classic" server, but its follows one path, talk to this NPC, kill few mobs, go to next NPC, rinse and repeat. No one is ever in there.

Exploring Aion is what made the game fun. Now they're making it "just follow this easy road to level 80 with no effort while we take away what you love the most"

yup , there is still open zones windstreams and whatnot , but they removed tons of maps , now leveling is a joke the starting zone last 5 min , 3 maps for leveling 10-75.....

and the last zone looks like a huge PVPE zone

left half is elyos , right side is asmo

20180116190440-srByC26qLvVPy6NtjcPv0-v4

Eh, it really seems like you said, Kubei. Smaller maps, linear quests, fast grinding but powerful scrolls/skills that you can buy from the shop. Also the "we'll make sure that while you progress you won't miss any quest" seems like you have few choice to derail. Idk, we should play it first hand, it's still early, but that seems the path indeed.

Crafting had to be unlocked with kinah, Bryos, you are right, but after you reached that level (100 new points) by crafting stuff/working orders. It actually required some dedication/time. It's wasn't just "pay to be master crafter". You may say that the new aetherforge is almost completely pay2unlock though, and I would agree on that. The old crafting was different though.

Either way, we'll have to sit back and wait the next few months and see what kind of changes will they be making. Sure, leveling is done easier for new and maybe returning players, it feels like something's missing.

Also, there will be a scroll to hide the transformations that reveals your character's true appearance.

Aion huge maps were relevant back when there were people playing in lower levels, rifts open, spy quests, aethertapping for crafting. It was alive back then, it is deserted now. No point in keeping all those quests on huge empty maps. You can level by following the simple campaign quest line and running a few, boring, non-challenging dungeons. Hell, you can solo them and they still won't be challenging, so I don't see the problem with them wiping empty maps and turning the dungeons to 1 man runs, as they already are. Aion has no activity on anything but endgame.

I personally highly disagree with the people spreading the speech : they deleted 80% of the maps.

I rather totally agree with these people from EU servers :

These posts make me laugh, "they deleted 80% of the game!!"

You mean dead content nobody was doing? lmao

Leveling is too easy now? Damn, well I guess people can never be satisfied, it's either too hard, too easy.
However I prefer too easy, since leveling is the smallest part of the game, that thing you have to do to reach end game.

P.S I agree with all the deleted areas, except eye of tiamaranta, I still miss that.
The rest were filler areas, imagine if we had kept all the zones. Would be so bad, and dead, empty, confusing to new ppl.

The new levelling is actually so much better, you get to go through every region and follow a nice and simple questline, while being rewarded during levelling with gear and other items. Was grinding BT , FT and steel rake better? From what I've seen, to get from 1 to 80 takes a while, esp if you're a new player.

And you guys are hating for the sake of hating. " removed 80% of the game hurr durr" crafting was dead, most regions were redundand and the transformation system is alright if you can opt to keep your original form.

Obviously we do not share the same point of view.

Yet until now, I'm still super hype about changes they have made and I love it all.

I am personally loving many of the things 6.0 is doing.  I see this only benefitting NA with lots of it.  Getting rid of maps almost no one uses especially on the non fast track server is a great idea.  Will things need to be relearned yup but you know what it will be like learning a new game at part which can be exciting.  Will their be cash shop things in game and people will want to buy of course but as long as we have a way to farm things in game to then it is fine, A free to play game still has to have cashshop's and ways to make money as they are a business.  Even if you don't like them without them you wouldn't have a game.  The key to what I said is there has to be a way to get things in game so not 100% pay to win.  After 1 day of 6.0 in Korea I doubt people can honestly make a true honest opinion of the whole patch.  Will there be some things you don't like yes always is, but I bet will be things you do like to.  With the way gearing works now and leveling I think will be a huge benefit to NA.  Alot of NA players do not play games 10 hours or more a day and with 6.0 making leveling easier and easier to gear I think could bring back the more casual players who have jobs, school, families etc and may only play a few hours at most a day.  This patch makes them not be as far behind in the gear curve or leveling curve and imo a game with more people is more fun.

I will reserve my full opinion on 6.0 until the patch has been played for a lot longer then 1 day.  The people flying off the handle after 24 hours of a patch and not knowing all the details yet kinda makes me /shrug and /laugh.  Have some patience and wait and see how things play out for more then a day.  Also Thanks @Kubei-DN for all the work you have done in translating and giving people an idea of what is coming I appreciate it.

I think the main concern (at least for me) about 6.0 will be the Quna system. NCSoft said it can be farmed in game, yet so far you need to purchase it. They also have a VIP, which in a way similarly might work as gold pack/prestige pack currently seen in both EU and NA. Really wonder how will NCWest handle this.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

I think the main concern (at least for me) about 6.0 will be the Quna system. NCSoft said it can be farmed in game, yet so far you need to purchase it. They also have a VIP, which in a way similarly might work as gold pack/prestige pack currently seen in both EU and NA. Really wonder how will NCWest handle this.

yeh the Quna system is interesting maybe not turned on yet in game and will be in next week or 2 as maybe they stagger in the full patch to minimize bugs I dunno, this feature imo must be able to be got in game somehow.  As for the vip system I think it is similar to prestige and maybe their will be a prestige overhaul and paying 15$ a month for prestige or whatever new vip price will be will be similar to paying a monthly sub to support the game you enjoy which I have no issue with.  The quna system though is what I want to watch to see how plays out as the game itself changes weather gained or lost stuff like skills, maps etc don't concern me as much as either way you wil have to learn things in any new patch so this is no different.

Updated my current post with more detailed information as according to Powerbook.

To avoid confusion:

• Flight is not removed, you can glide and fly in limited areas (Cygnea/Enshar or Heiron/Beluslan)
  • Because Lower and Upper Abyss are no more, flying in the Core is not possible
  • Fixed some typos and mistranslations

I'm disappointed most of the complaints lead to this. I actually like everything 5.0 has except enchanting past 15.

One thing I would like to see is at level 80, when xp bar is full, should be able to trade the xp for some consumable, like in 4.8 with the purified essence.

Well, from what I see in this stream, you get a lot of consumables through rewards and surveys, tons of transformation potions and much more. Broker isn't removed, but there's almost nothing in it. So far I've seen some stigmas in there, but that's about it. Keep in mind the player on this stream is on the new server, so it's normal not to see too much.

The fact you can level up in the first region by simply attacking training dummies -- rather than by completing actual missions or exploring the region -- is entirely insulting to me. Who is NCSoft catering to these days? Children with short attention spans? People were already complaining about how everything is handed to them on a silver platter, well how does this make things any better? NCSoft claims they listened to their player-base, but I am really beginning to wonder who exactly they were talking to. It seems the Koreans have lost all interest in the game and are now trying to make it into something it was never meant to be.

10 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

The fact you can level up in the first region by simply attacking training dummies -- rather than by completing actual missions or exploring the region

Do you realize that most people just kill mobs to get to lvl 10 so whats the difference?

Archived