6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gripe is that right off the bat they are encouraging players to skip over content and level their toons the easiest way possible. People who level by standing in one place and button-mashing the nearest target instead of immersing themselves in the lore are not really playing the game, imo. When you level so fast that you skip 80-90 percent of the material in front of you, then you are not really playing the game. When you would rather stand in front of a training dummy to level your toon, instead of going out and exploring the map, interacting with the npcs and actually playing the game, you are effectively defeating the purpose of the rpg.

You are of course, more than welcome to disagree with me on this. I just feel strongly that the new player-base is missing out on everything that made this game worth playing in the first place.

51 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

The fact you can level up in the first region by simply attacking training dummies -- rather than by completing actual missions or exploring the region -- is entirely insulting to me. Who is NCSoft catering to these days? Children with short attention spans? People were already complaining about how everything is handed to them on a silver platter, well how does this make things any better? NCSoft claims they listened to their player-base, but I am really beginning to wonder who exactly they were talking to. It seems the Koreans have lost all interest in the game and are now trying to make it into something it was never meant to be.

I agree with this but I am also one of those people who really enjoy doing every single quest and really taking their time in every map. I also realize not everyone is like that and they just want to hurry up and get to endgame. There must be more people who are like my second statement than there are the first. I know NcSoft can't make everyone happy no matter what they do short of opening a server with an earlier version of the game (which I wish they would do) and even then someone is going to complain about something.  We will all just have to sit back for the next few months and see what happens. Take some time and level a couple characters to enjoy all the old content before it's gone. 

So instead of nyerking up the RPG experience for all of us why not just make it a option for the nyerking end game hard on's to just make a new character level 80 with descent starting gear and throw them into the game and play to their little hearts content. SO sick and tired of the only nyerking mmorpg I could ever play and like and get into is now a nyerking rushed, cut content, no RPG ANYMORE just a nyerking sad RPG fail rip off and another COD and that's sad to nyerking say. RIP Aion  you're now an endgame only game with nyerking PVP only hard on's so good job. Ncsoft should just go join Call Of Duty and make a new game with them. No more role play, linear maps, nyerk pve, max level within a day and you call this fun ? Might as well be an end game pvp only game Or better yet just another nyerking shooter. GG NCFail

1 minute ago, 2s105714-DN said:

don't know who is spreading misinformation but there is still auction house mail and acc. warehouse.

Account warehouse is still there, but you can't trade anything.

No one said broker is removed, but because everything is character bound, there's almost nothing in it. So far I've seen stigmas.

8 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

@Kubei-DN

What about legion warehouse? Any word on that yet? I need to know if I should clean house ahead of the update.

Also, how does an account warehouse work if you can't share what's inside it? Or am I misinterpreting?

Because everything is character bound, there's no legion warehouse (confirmed by Mogi Goong, the Korean streamer I watch)

I think they either intend to keep account warehouse for something else, and change it, or maybe add stuff that's at least account WH tradeable. So far I've seen it there, right under the personal warehouse, but you just can't store anything in it, not even kinah.

Which also a remainder, you can't send kinah through mail anymore either.

2 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

My gripe is that right off the bat they are encouraging players to skip over content and level their toons the easiest way possible. People who level by standing in one place and button-mashing the nearest target instead of immersing themselves in the lore are not really playing the game, imo. When you level so fast that you skip 80-90 percent of the material in front of you, then you are not really playing the game. When you would rather stand in front of a training dummy to level your toon, instead of going out and exploring the map, interacting with the npcs and actually playing the game, you are effectively defeating the purpose of the rpg.

You are of course, more than welcome to disagree with me on this. I just feel strongly that the new player-base is missing out on everything that made this game worth playing in the first place.

If you would watch more careful then notice that you get XP from Dummy ONLY for certain amount when started 1 of Yellow quests, after that amount quest is completed  and you get 0xp from Dummy (hit as much you want).

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Because everything is character bound, there's no legion warehouse (confirmed by Mogi Goong, the Korean streamer I watch)

I think they either intend to keep account warehouse for something else, and change it, or maybe add stuff that's at least account WH tradeable. So far I've seen it there, right under the personal warehouse, but you just can't store anything in it, not even kinah.

So far noticed that in Account WH can put some looted materials, i think will be same with crafted mats and old tradable stuff (can any check last one?).

20 minutes ago, Svaite-DN said:

So far noticed that in Account WH can put some looted materials, i think will be same with crafted mats and old tradable stuff (can any check last one?).

It could be that mats for crafting could be tradeable (account wise only) because you can still have like 8 characters per account. I'll see if I can get more info about this tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, SkidMark-KT said:

Can you tell me what's needed to upgrade the gear? People saying they are making a fresh start for gear and anything pre 6.0 is useless. Do we need an upgraded 75ap set to get the new 6.0 set?

That's incorrect. Remember that in 6.0 there's 3 new grading system: ancient, legendary and ultimate. In Korea, they had a table listed of items that will be exchanged, old > new. I posted the table here because people were curious, so feel free to check it out. NCWest will probably have a different exchange rate. In Korea you needed the Prime Commander set +20 or more, but it will be different here in the west.

In fact, if you wish to have a good exchange rate for you PvE and PvP gear, now's the good time to start making them. 

BUT!

We need a confirmation from NCWest, we need to know whether we will get the same treatment (as in, item exchange)

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

So they removed legion warehouses, but didn't think to expand our personal ones? Great. There goes 3/4 of my items in the trash because I can't hold everything on a single character. Absolutely perfect. I needed a reason to throw out all of my possessions.

17 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

So they removed legion warehouses, but didn't think to expand our personal ones? Great. There goes 3/4 of my items in the trash because I can't hold everything on a single character. Absolutely perfect. I needed a reason to throw out all of my possessions.

I have yet to see if personal warehouse is actually expanded or not. 

And now, how do we auction a mansion? how do we buy a house? 
The main focus of some about the gear is not only the stats but its also the skins: with the exchange idea on mind, trade bacon for eggs is not good for some ppl. they want bacon loking like bacon even if the stats and the name of the gear is diferent (usually when upgrading gear i tend to search for the same skin on broker to re-apply). Thats one of the things im worry too.

You can still trade items, so you can most likely trade skins as well. That does not really worry me anymore.

Edit:

As for housing, I am imagining, since they are upping how much ahead you can pay for maintenance, that you will still pay with kinah or ingots but with a lower value than now, or an amount that is less worth that its current value, if that makes sense.

Archived