6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class balance doesn't matter much in 6.0 since "balance" will completely revolve around transform contracts. Hopefully ncsoft fixes it because not only have they killed the lore/rp/carebear(<3) side of Aion they've made the pvp side no different than your typical p2w mobile game. It's your typical ncsoft 1 step forward 2 steps back but this time its 10 steps forward 20 steps back.

25 minutes ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Class balance doesn't matter much in 6.0 since "balance" will completely revolve around transform contracts. Hopefully ncsoft fixes it because not only have they killed the lore/rp/carebear(<3) side of Aion they've made the pvp side no different than your typical p2w mobile game. It's your typical ncsoft 1 step forward 2 steps back but this time its 10 steps forward 20 steps back.

Are transformation contracts different to the potions you get while leveling up?

The stats for the final transformation are:
+60% Cast Speed
+45% Movement Speed
+100% Healing Effect.

On the long run, I expect that everyone into competitive PvP would be able to get this transformation, but it's no doubt that in the meantime, a fight between someone with such a boost and someone without, would resolve pretty easily with the first one as winner (and you can buy them on the shop).

If this transformation will be very easy to get, there would be no reason to add it as separate boost. (also, you can't craft mounts anymore with the new crafting, but I guess no one will need them anymore, since you can run as fast on foot). Good luck trying to catch someone with 45% speed boost or to counter someone with such a high cast/atk speed.

They are very OP, but simplified into 1 single boost rather than separate running/atk/cast/crit ones. I wonder though what will happen with the sm/sw skills that currently eat our scrolls.

On 1/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, Pylinaer-KT said:

@Kubei-DN I'm interested in housing stuff. As I understand, everyone lost their house. Have any other changes gone through Oriel? Something specific I would like to know is how Guestblooms are working right now, or if they even still exist. I have the wingfeather guestbloom and there is a 0% chance it's getting completed before 6.0 hits NA, and I have various other guestblooms that will be invalidated by 6.0. (e.g. Godstone Guestbloom). Should I aim to have them all done before the patch hits, or will I be good?

There's no Auction board, meaning there's no housing yet, so I can't tell whether that's kept or not.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:18 AM, Feral-DN said:

You have a 6.0 account right? I was wondering if you could test something for me on a lvl 80 glad or templar. Could you check the skill damage differences between a 1h sword and greatsword of the same physical attack (the new attack stat), then the same for a greatsword and polearm with the same physical attack as well? Any 6.0 weapons will work as long as they have the same physical attack stat. If weapon damage isnt accounted for in skill damages then 1h swords should in theory should have the same skill damage as an unfused greatsword or polearm of the same tier.. which means the faster attacking weapon would have higher dps, 1h sword potentially being the highest dps of them all assuming it still has a higher critical hit multiplier.  

If I get the time to level up another toon then I can check. It took me a week to level the sorcerer since I'm too busy lately.

Just leveled a characters from 1-80 on KR servers to a solid 10 hours. No one can complain about XP when 6.0 hits which is nice.

The biggest surprise i got once i got to the new area and looked at my gear is manastones slots. Even tho their is only 3 manastone slots every item has 3 slots this includes plumes/bracelets/accessories and wings. Dunno if that is just on the free junk they give ya or not tho.

10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

There's no Auction board, meaning there's no housing yet, so I can't tell whether that's kept or not.

If I get the time to level up another toon then I can check. It took me a week to level the sorcerer since I'm too busy lately.

No worriers, I bought a KR account already haha. Should add me up if you want help with testing or my help for yours. 

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Just leveled a characters from 1-80 on KR servers to a solid 10 hours. No one can complain about XP when 6.0 hits which is nice.

The biggest surprise i got once i got to the new area and looked at my gear is manastones slots. Even tho their is only 3 manastone slots every item has 3 slots this includes plumes/bracelets/accessories and wings. Dunno if that is just on the free junk they give ya or not tho.

That means in overall we should have more manastone slots if not the same as pre6.0, just that it will be evenly distributed throughout all your gear now. It looks like accessory slot gear are more relevant now and influences your stats more than before. Overall a nice change.

So if they keep the same housing prices and the BS of the gold ingots HOW PPL WILL BE ABLE TO BUY A HOUSE? No sense for me, really. And as i said before, is no excuse to remove the houses from ppl. they only need NOT  to transforme all kinah on gold ingots and make just half of the character kinah normal. (its just transform 50% and leave the rest, and ppl can pay fees)

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Is there not Studios anymore? You should be able to put guestblooms there. Mind you just looking at the merchants might suffice.

4 minutes ago, Holo-KT said:

I dont really feel like browsing through 30 pages so quick question. Do the crafting changes mean we lose current already earned (non aetherforging, like armorsmith, etc) skills and recipes as well?

Yes all the crafting and recipes except Aetherforging are being removed.

11 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

We are literally months away from getting 6.0. You have plenty of time to enjoy your house before no one will have the kinah to buy 16 houses for their alts.

It isn't a question of people buying houses for their alts, people will always find a way to do that. It's people who just lost lost them, who may or may not have been fairly compensated in their minds, and now going thy'll probably go through the same process in fairly short order  { around a year?].  The change in the game economy didn't really look like it was well thought out,  perhaps Koreans didn't mind losing there housing although they too went through a merge- but ours was too recent to go through this again. 

A bunch of the Koreans went through two merges in a year just prior to 6.0, so, if you want it rough, they lost their houses three times. : x

(assuming they were actually lost in 6.0? I've only heard about the new servers not having auctions enabled, but little to nothing on the older servers and what happened there)

On 2/2/2018 at 0:14 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Are transformation contracts different to the potions you get while leveling up?

Yes, the potions are just temporary things to tide people over during the transition from scrolls to transforms. They drop from mobs at like 1%-5% BUT they are always the worst tier xforms and completely useless for pvp or anything really. They last for 10mins and disappear if you die.

Transformation contracts are used to turn into the permanent transforms you get when you p2w. They also last 10mins like the potions but they are pretty cheap (~35k ea).

On 2/2/2018 at 3:21 AM, KallSu-KT said:

The stats for the final transformation are:
+60% Cast Speed
+45% Movement Speed
+100% Healing Effect.

On the long run, I expect that everyone into competitive PvP would be able to get this transformation, but it's no doubt that in the meantime, a fight between someone with such a boost and someone without, would resolve pretty easily with the first one as winner (and you can buy them on the shop).

If this transformation will be very easy to get, there would be no reason to add it as separate boost. (also, you can't craft mounts anymore with the new crafting, but I guess no one will need them anymore, since you can run as fast on foot). Good luck trying to catch someone with 45% speed boost or to counter someone with such a high cast/atk speed.

They are very OP, but simplified into 1 single boost rather than separate running/atk/cast/crit ones. I wonder though what will happen with the sm/sw skills that currently eat our scrolls.

It's much worse than that:

IKuVVGF.jpg

• +60% attack speed
  • +45% cast speed
  • +100% run speed
  • +80 healing boost
  • +126 p attack
  • +126 m attack
  • +131 p def
  • +131 m def
  • +378 accuracy
  • +378 m acc
  • +331 p crit
  • +331 m crit

So with this transform you will already be attack speed, cast speed and run speed capped (12m/s) making all the classes that are balanced around run speed (sin, ranger, chanter) a lot weaker. The tier below 궁극, 전설 only gives +60% run speed (~9.6m/s) so if your transform is weaker than your opponent you literally can't escape them and kiting becomes an obsolete tactic. If you are running from a zerg and a single person in that zerg has a higher transform you will not be able to escape.

Getting higher tier transforms requires RNG sacrificing lower tier transforms, I'll have to find the link in my history but KR people said it costs them somewhere between $2.1k - $21k USD to obtain the top one. You have very little options as a f2p to get these contracts and you will need a ton to even reach the 3rd/5 tiers (고대). There is an event on KR with the 6.0 release that gives some free contracts and I've been taking advantage of them since day 1 and so far only have five of the tier 2 (상급) which puts me at 8.1m/s run speed which is snail-like. Once it's over mid-feb the f2p sources to get them seem almost non-existent (the only option I see is 1 per day @ 12m of the new harder to get kinah). I've seen people burn 300+ of these on stream and not even get one 4th tier (전설) transform after sacrificing.

Anyway, this is a pretty pessimistic post. As a returning player, I like a lot of what they've done but there's some really, really bad decisions made over in KR that are far too p2w for this game to be anything but a continued whalefest. 

If anyone is on poeta (포에타) elyos add me (커지) to friends if you need help or ask any questions here and I'll try to answer them.

Archived