6.0 info

Kubei-DN

11 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

A bunch of the Koreans went through two merges in a year just prior to 6.0, so, if you want it rough, they lost their houses three times. : x

(assuming they were actually lost in 6.0? I've only heard about the new servers not having auctions enabled, but little to nothing on the older servers and what happened there)

Heres the thing, we're not Korea. This games pop in NA is not exactly booming. I seriously doubt tellkng people, "

4 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Yes, the potions are just temporary things to tide people over during the transition from scrolls to transforms. They drop from mobs at like 1%-5% BUT they are always the worst tier xforms and completely useless for pvp or anything really. They last for 10mins and disappear if you die.

Transformation contracts are used to turn into the permanent transforms you get when you p2w. They also last 10mins like the potions but they are pretty cheap (~35k ea).

It's much worse than that:

IKuVVGF.jpg

• +60% attack speed
  • +45% cast speed
  • +100% run speed
  • +80 healing boost
  • +126 p attack
  • +126 m attack
  • +131 p def
  • +131 m def
  • +378 accuracy
  • +378 m acc
  • +331 p crit
  • +331 m crit

So with this transform you will already be attack speed, cast speed and run speed capped (12m/s) making all the classes that are balanced around run speed (sin, ranger, chanter) a lot weaker. The tier below 궁극, 전설 only gives +60% run speed (~9.6m/s) so if your transform is weaker than your opponent you literally can't escape them and kiting becomes an obsolete tactic. If you are running from a zerg and a single person in that zerg has a higher transform you will not be able to escape.

Getting higher tier transforms requires RNG sacrificing lower tier transforms, I'll have to find the link in my history but KR people said it costs them somewhere between $2.1k - $21k USD to obtain the top one. You have very little options as a f2p to get these contracts and you will need a ton to even reach the 3rd/5 tiers (고대). There is an event on KR with the 6.0 release that gives some free contracts and I've been taking advantage of them since day 1 and so far only have five of the tier 2 (상급) which puts me at 8.1m/s run speed which is snail-like. Once it's over mid-feb the f2p sources to get them seem almost non-existent (the only option I see is 1 per day @ 12m of the new harder to get kinah). I've seen people burn 300+ of these on stream and not even get one 4th tier (전설) transform after sacrificing.

Anyway, this is a pretty pessimistic post. As a returning player, I like a lot of what they've done but there's some really, really bad decisions made over in KR that are far too p2w for this game to be anything but a continued whalefest. 

If anyone is on poeta (포에타) elyos add me (커지) to friends if you need help or ask any questions here and I'll try to answer them.

Heh, I sorta felt hoping 6.0 would be the end of the gradual ascencion, (or descension), towards p2w would be a fools hope. These "transformation scrolls" sound like the epitome of p2w to me.

Although, there is some hoping that we don't get them. After all Korea's just going f2p, conversely we've been free to play way for years now. They may just be testing their own market to see how far they can take it. Hopefully, they're wise enough to realize items like these here would undue all the positives 6.0 brings, (and the negatives it removes, like godstones, etc.)

This could be their one chance to resuscitate Aion in NA. I truly hope greed doesn't blind them to that opportunity.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2018 at 0:23 AM, Pylinaer-KT said:

Is there not Studios anymore? You should be able to put guestblooms there. Mind you just looking at the merchants might suffice.

You can still get a studio as usual. Housing wasn't removed.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:50 PM, Bryos-KT said:

I am interested on seeing how they changed instances. I suppose most low level ones remained the same. But , Crucible Spire, BoS, CoE, DD, etc. Any videos for them?

Instances haven't really changed much, except that Bastion of Souls is 6-man with the removed time limit on rescuing Daevas and DD is 12-man in Lakrum zone, hard mode. You get through DD with campaign around level 70.

22 hours ago, Pylinaer-KT said:

Someone should probably do a 6.0 FAQ tbh.

There's a small FAQ going on but I haven't updated it much due to my limited time. See https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1388-60-info/?do=findComment&comment=15209

I'll get to it within the next few days.

12 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

A bunch of the Koreans went through two merges in a year just prior to 6.0, so, if you want it rough, they lost their houses three times. : x

(assuming they were actually lost in 6.0? I've only heard about the new servers not having auctions enabled, but little to nothing on the older servers and what happened there)

I don't think players lost their houses if they paid the maintenance fee in advance. In 6.0, you can pay in advance 8 weeks instead of 4. This is to give players time to get enough kinah to pay the fee I guess.

1 hour ago, Holo-KT said:

Heh, I sorta felt hoping 6.0 would be the end of the gradual ascencion, (or descension), towards p2w would be a fools hope. These "transformation scrolls" sound like the epitome of p2w to me.

Although, there is some hoping that we don't get them. After all Korea's just going f2p, conversely we've been free to play way for years now. They may just be testing their own market to see how far they can take it. Hopefully, they're wise enough to realize items like these here would undue all the positives 6.0 brings, (and the negatives it removes, like godstones, etc.)

This could be their one chance to resuscitate Aion in NA. I truly hope greed doesn't blind them to that opportunity.

Contracts can be bought with Quna only, and Quna can be farmed through quests and instances, or if you want a quicker way, with NCoin. 6.0 will be butchered to oblivion with Gameforge, but I'm hopeful NCWest gives us the same treatment as Korea, otherwise no matter how great 6.0 looks if the publishers just shred it to pieces.

Currently uploading a video about Oriel on one of the older servers (Sanctum, it's called Elysium in Korea) so I'll post it once done.

2 hours ago, Holo-KT said:

Heres the thing, we're not Korea. This games pop in NA is not exactly booming. I seriously doubt tellkng people, "

Had to repost since I realized I didnt finish my initial thought. What I was gonna say, is I doubt telling people, " so sorry but you're losing your houses, AGAIN, but good luck bidding!", would be a sure fire way to retain already disenfranchised players.

I just checked out a few videos of the new versions of the instances. :P

Changes to BoS:

• (As mentioned by Kubei) 15-minute timer for the Prison was removed.
  • Golmir: Lunacy Explosion (short-range AoE) isnt a threat anymore, and no fire circles. Adds are still dangerous.
  • In the healing section, Exploding Bugs no longer spawn. You can now apparently outheal the damage dealt by adds on the NPC. Not sure if the buff has tiers anymore.
  • Harvesters are the same, but now you can just assign one person per witch. Apparently the strategy is to place the main healer in the centre of the platform instead of the sides. You dont have to kill them at the same time either anymore (they still rage, but it is manageable). Not sure if you even get affect by Frozen Curtain anymore at all.
  • Opel/Shurak: Still uses its skills, but max amount of targets was drastically reduced. Boss doesnt disappear if the group wipes (the fence is still active, but then deactivates, or something?). I think they removed Hideous Cold.

Couldnt find anything about CoE. :P

6 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

6.0 will be butchered to oblivion with Gameforge, but I'm hopeful NCWest gives us the same treatment as Korea, otherwise no matter how great 6.0 looks if the publishers just shred it to pieces.

are you sure about that? played both versions and ncwest is alot more greedy and p2w. ncwest runs a more customized version of real aion just like ru. btw on gameforge you can buy absolutely anything with kinah unlike here and have anything even if you dont pay a dime. prices are much cheaper in kinah but more expensive in rl tho. thats the difference. here not many are complaining cuz i see everyone buying from the shop and asking for more.

30 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

are you sure about that? played both versions and ncwest is alot more greedy and p2w. ncwest runs a more customized version of real aion just like ru. btw on gameforge you can buy absolutely anything with kinah unlike here and have anything even if you dont pay a dime. prices are much cheaper in kinah but more expensive in rl tho. thats the difference. here not many are complaining cuz i see everyone buying from the shop and asking for more.

Yeah, let's nerf Tower of Challenge (Crucible Spire) because players should put "effort" into stuff. Let's nerf Luna weekly because +15 bundles is too much for players. Don't even dare to compare Aion EU with Russia, knowing that Russia has actually a similar system that works, you can still use LFG and broker because there's no such idiotic restrictions as on EU. I can see why people defend things like Gold Pack because veteran rewards, but in the long run, it's not even worth it. Once you activate it, you feel (at least how I felt) forced to keep playing the game even though you don't want to anymore. I know people who haven't spent a single dime on this version and yet are far more geared than the buyers.

You're basically telling NCSoft Korea "I play your game because my gold pack is activated for the next 12 months even though I hate it". How do you expect them to improve the game then?

P.S.- Since the Luna nerf, the Gold Pack prices on broker are above 180+mil kinah. If you tried to farm kinah, you won't reach it because the "starter" kinah limit is like 80m. 

12 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Contracts can be bought with Quna only, and Quna can be farmed through quests and instances

Do you have more info on this? The only quests I know of are 50 solo arena wins, 50 3v3 arena wins and 200 dred wins which give about $1 USD worth of Quna total.

2 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Do you have more info on this? The only quests I know of are 50 solo arena wins, 50 3v3 arena wins and 200 dred wins which give about $1 USD worth of Quna total.

Thank you 1s2CC931-KT for the more detailed info. The stats that I found on the EU forum have been wrongly translated. If 100% wasn't the healing boost but the running speed, this is far worse indeed.

Iirc, on the EU forum they say that you can have 1 daily transformation card for free, but if you want them more, you must buy them from the shop.

4 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

I believe I picked up few quests for instances in Lakrum, specifically Frozen Monolith and Bastion of Souls. I know one of them gives 50 Quna for completion and it should be repeatable.

This guy made some very good video about Guild Wars 2, where he talked about classes, and gave very good hints. But after watching this last video, I don't think that he actually played Aion in the last 3 years. He wet his pants for a new gear (OHMYGOD, RED! A new gear with red names! Yes!) and described common stuff way overexcitedly (basic gear and you can change the stats with stones? ok, so? you need to buy the basic gear twice and using 2 different stones if you want again pve and pvp gear. It doesn't sound so mindblowing to me).

The last part he just talked bad about GF and NCWest (totally understandable and I agree with him, especially the part about the events and the poll, it was funny), but just to catch more likes. There are still too many question marks. The chance to make it p2w are quite huge, but we must wait and see first.

17 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

There are still too many question marks. The chance to make it p2w are quite huge, but we must wait and see first.

^ This.

The "Honest Thoughts" video was a steaming pile of poop. (To use this guy's own metaphor.) It's another one of those "Hey, GIUZ! Listen to meeeeeee! I used to play Aion so my opinion totally matters!!!! Teehee!" Korea is -divine-! It's a delicate baby! Look at that redish color! The background is red! ZOMG! RED! *barf* This guy, aside from just rolling out of bed (his floppy, stretched out tshirt drove me nuts), just wanted to make a video to bash Gameforge because they messed up a game he liked. He just added NCWest to deflect from his hatred of Gameforge.

We have no idea how 6.0 will be changed (if at all) for us. We may have all the other shops closed and this new one be the only one in game. We just don't know and we won't know. Hey! We could even get a better version of 6.0. If we make our voices known loud enough maybe some of the unpopular changes won't come to us. I am thinking about things like not being able to run two clients at once.

On 04/02/2018 at 4:41 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Yes they did. With the exchange of kinah to gold ingots they didnt have to pay the fees. It was one of the things that made korean players rise and NC droped the ration of the gold ingots (previous was 30m-1ingot and passed to 1.3m - 1 ingot) and they had to replace to each player some kinah. Plus, ppl on older korean server show the auction board recently. All houses available to auction with the old prices what will be insane since the kinah is hardly get now. For me that means that korea still need to figure it out about how the housing will be or at least match the prices for bid and fees.

Also get in mind that when 6.0 comes to NA it will be the final form of it, and korea still is adding, removing, changing, upgrading stuff. Korean players are the guineapigs of NC so just be happy we arent. Lets see how this will go.

IF we were to get changes to housing, I would LOVE the following:

• Make houses across all regions have different shapes, other than just a single square, or two squares for palaces.
  • Add the option to move furniture through axis/arrows.
  • Remove the stupidly big collision boxes furniture has. Either make them a lot smaller or remove them completely.
  • Remove indoor/outdoor furniture limitation.
  • Up the furniture limit a bit...

After the 3-5 days i have spent on KR just exploring and figuring out if they have delivered on things they have said. Which one of the biggest things they wanted to achieve in 6.0 was gear having meaning not just go to cash shop buy items and enchant the game lost all meaning when that was the case. I honestly feel like they have achieved that the meaning and personal gear progression is back. It is early days so i could be wrong but so far it feels that way.

Archived