6.0 info

Kubei-DN

Hi, I loved the 6.0 when they release patchnotes but I'm a little bit worried how can ncwest and gameforge handle this patch.

Who are we lore-wise in 6.0? I mean in 5.x we became a reincarnation of Archdaeva and we became dead from saving Atreia from another Cataclysm.

Have the teleportation effect and effect when dead monster with no loot dissapear changed? I saw korean asmodians whose effect was same as elyos.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Anyone refresh me on what you can buy with the gold bars? 

a pop up menu

2 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Since we are on the topic of gear, I'd like to know, can we still loot gear from instance bosses? I really like the gear we get from Kromede's Trial for example. Are those skins still obtainable?

I did KT twice and a key never dropped. You only get a box that contains an equipment item.

10 hours ago, 1s322BC1-KT said:

Who are we lore-wise in 6.0? I mean in 5.x we became a reincarnation of Archdaeva and we became dead from saving Atreia from another Cataclysm.

They rinsed and repeated the idea: we died again to save the world from Ereshkigal and we lost our powers. We awake again in Ishalhen/Poeta but Munin/Pernos have been replaced by Marchutan/Kaisinel and a laughable assistant. It worked the first time, so better to stick on the same concept. And they didn't come up with anything better.

The player has always been easily fooled anyway. We've never been smart, so who cares about our feelings :'(

54 minutes ago, FirstEmptyPlate-DN said:

Gosh NCsoft really need to get their heads out of the dirt and come up with actual good lore as oppose to destroying regions just cause. Look a Guild Wars 2 its lore has been good for a long while.

I'm also enjoying GW2, but you pay 30$ for an expansion there (totally worth, considering not only the new maps, but also the dubbing/work). Aion is f2p, at least in NA, we can't ask for high quality contents.

At least Aion keep it simple. See how loop crazy they did with Lineage 2? i have played since C4, where you undestood the lore. From that point further it went complicated, arised more questions without answer and now, no one can follow what happened. I stop playing but kept an eye for the lore since i like very much the story, but im lost as nyerk, and even people that kept playing cant answer me nor fully understands what have been happening. So Aion and BnS are keeping it simple for the best.

22 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Since we are on the topic of gear, I'd like to know, can we still loot gear from instance bosses? I really like the gear we get from Kromede's Trial for example. Are those skins still obtainable?

19 hours ago, Kircheis-KT said:

I did KT twice and a key never dropped. You only get a box that contains an equipment item.

Did you get any armor drops from the bosses? Each boss is supposed to drop a piece of armor, for instance: Currupt Judge's Tunic.

Is the equipment box something you get each time you run the instance? Or is it a reward for completing a one-time quest?

@Cyan Hey Cyan I think it would be a great idea to Sticky this thread. A lot of player are using it for informational purpose. Also would it be possible for you to possibly put Kubei's FAQ right below her first post. A lot of work has been put into this thread and it wasnt just a lot ordinary work its well done and well put and I think it deserve to be displayed more.

Why would something like this get stickied if there is a very high chance it would not make it live to our servers, and especially if it's atleast 9 months away.

6.0 completely decimated the Korean population, you really think NA NCsoft wants to associate themselves with that. Right now the developers have to try and fix 6.0 in Korea so that it is playable, enjoyable and most importantly marketable. It's none of those, and that must be done first by a series of patches before it's even considered for overseas release.

Why you think we never got those other godstones in NA?

30 minutes ago, FirstEmptyPlate-DN said:

Why would something like this get stickied if there is a very high chance it would not make it live to our servers, and especially if it's atleast 9 months away.

6.0 completely decimated the Korean population, you really think NA NCsoft wants to associate themselves with that. Right now the developers have to try and fix 6.0 in Korea so that it is playable, enjoyable and most importantly marketable. It's none of those, and that must be done first by a series of patches before it's even considered for overseas release.

Why you think we never got those other godstones in NA?

Stupidity at its finest.

Fine don't believe, I couldn't give two damns about people who can't pull the wool over their eyes. There is nothing good about 6.0. Messed up lore, messed up maps, messed up economy, messed up pay to win and messed up progression.

People thought 4.8 would be good, but no it screwed the game and people over. 6.0 is gonna be like that but much more worse.

The update we have right now is a very good patch.

1 hour ago, FirstEmptyPlate-DN said:

6.0 completely decimated the Korean population

(...)

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This is the first I've heard of this. Other people are reporting that the Korean reactions are mixed-to-positive. Where are you getting information that half the players have left the game?

It is too soon to see if 6.0 worked or not. We can only see if a game is succesfull after some months. If the players do not like the game, they wont left in the first month cause they will give it a chance. And even if the players really like the game we will se after some months if the game is funny (and adictive) enought to keep them playing for a long time like we saw in Aion in previous versions. 

but no matter what happens in Korea, I think we will see 6.0 here in the future. Even if that kills the game :P NA always had al the major updates and we only have small differences sometimes

14 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

They rinsed and repeated the idea: we died again to save the world from Ereshkigal and we lost our powers. We awake again in Ishalhen/Poeta but Munin/Pernos have been replaced by Marchutan/Kaisinel and a laughable assistant. It worked the first time, so better to stick on the same concept. And they didn't come up with anything better.

The player has always been easily fooled anyway. We've never been smart, so who cares about our feelings :'(

I would like to think they are trying to stick on concepts that succeded in the past (that works even for windows sometimes when coming back to a previuos backup). But they are not. They are just making a mix with old things, current things and some totally new things. 

10 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

I'm also enjoying GW2, but you pay 30$ for an expansion there (totally worth, considering not only the new maps, but also the dubbing/work). Aion is f2p, at least in NA, we can't ask for high quality contents.

They are geting more than $30 from every player in Aion. If we divide the amount of money paid in all the players, I am totally sure the number is bigger. So we can ask for nice things too :P 

Fine don't believe, I couldn't give two damns about people who can't pull the wool over their eyes. There is nothing good about 6.0. Messed up lore, messed up maps, messed up economy, messed up pay to win and messed up progression.

People thought 4.8 would be good, but no it screwed the game and people over. 6.0 is gonna be like that but much more worse.

The update we have right now is a very good patch.

I totally agree with this!

After seeing all this 6.0 info we have now - removal of many old maps, removal of almost all old crafting professions, removal of almost all old and beautiful skins or designs, removal of all mounts and skins and pet eggs from AF, rendering old armors/weapons/wings/plumes/bracelets almost useless and MOST IMPORTANTLY TOTALLY ANNOYING CHAR-BOUND KINAH system - i am pretty sure it will kill all ingame economy and trading between ppl in NA/EU. Do they even realize how many BCM skins, omegas, event items ppl sell currently each day from BCM to earn their ingame kinah and this on the other hand makes items ROTATION (not char-bound everything) possible to those who cannot or won't invest real moneys into this game. ACCOUNT WIDE KINAH and KINAH ROTATION between players and alts is what makes this game currently alive, allowing us to equip, upgrade and lvl-up our alts with much ease. Totally CHAR-BOUND KINAH system will kill everything we have been used since Aion launch. I understand that making some armors/wapons and such soul-bound or char-bound is probably a nessecity but leave our KINAH alone! I would even suggest to make all coins, medals, insignias etc earned account wide not char-bound!

Anyways 6.0 as it is now in Korea doesn't have any appeal anymore in the long run, because everything cool and hard-earned seem to be removed away! Ofc it will have certain new and old player influx when 6.0 launches but it will die out pretty fast because of this new linear progression and deep variety removal (both lore, map and item-wise).

4 minutes ago, Psyclon-KT said:

I totally agree with this!

After seeing all this 6.0 info we have now - removal of many old maps, removal of almost all old crafting professions, removal of almost all old and beautiful skins or designs, removal of all mounts and skins and pet eggs from AF, rendering old armors/weapons/wings/plumes/bracelets almost useless and MOST IMPORTANTLY TOTALLY ANNOYING CHAR-BOUND KINAH system - i am pretty sure it will kill all ingame economy and trading between ppl in NA/EU. Do they even realize how many BCM skins, omegas, event items ppl sell currently each day from BCM to earn their ingame kinah and this on the other hand makes items ROTATION (not char-bound everything) possible to those who cannot or won't invest real moneys into this game. ACCOUNT WIDE KINAH and KINAH ROTATION between players and alts is what makes this game currently alive, allowing us to equip, upgrade and lvl-up our alts with much ease. Totally CHAR-BOUND KINAH system will kill everything we have been used since Aion launch. I understand that making some armors/wapons and such soul-bound or char-bound is probably a nessecity but leave our KINAH alone! I would even suggest to make all coins, medals, insignias etc earned account wide not char-bound!

Anyways 6.0 as it is now in Korea doesn't have any appeal anymore in the long run, because everything cool and hard-earned seem to be removed away! Ofc it will have certain new and old player influx when 6.0 launches but it will die out pretty fast because of this new linear progression and deep variety removal (both lore, map and item-wise).

Mmm. 

now that you say that. From many years the game had a balance and interaction between people who use money and people who farm kinah and items. The first group buys important items on BCM like instances pack, te old merek, scrolls for instances, some skins and expensive event items (temperings, omegas). The last group usually spend a lot of time farming kinah, stones, materials, gear, cheap event items (snowballs, cards, nutrients...) and they trade those things. In that way both get what they need. 

would be nice to see if that interaction is still there or not. If both groups still depends on the other one. 

13 minutes ago, Psyclon-KT said:

MOST IMPORTANTLY TOTALLY ANNOYING CHAR-BOUND KINAH system - i am pretty sure it will kill all ingame economy and trading between ppl in NA/EU.

Dude the new currency trade system is the best thing to happen to Aion since release of the game. Trading between people means listing it on the market place so no more 1 to 1 trading everyone has a chance at the item. This ruins the bots HARDCORE. The cheaters get nyerked over  HARDCORE. This is why the system is amazing. It will take max  1 month to adjust but its going to be the thing that Aion has needed since release.

Most new games seem to be adopting this BDO style system because it nyerks the cheaters out of RMT.  Random example

RMT player goes to bot website and wants to buy cleric stigmas. Full set 70 dollars. Currently RMT player can trade directly with the botter and GG.

RMT player goes to bot  website wants to buy cleric stigmas Full set 70 dollars. New system stigmas listed other players snipe them instantly GG charge back on the bot company.

WINNING. Equal opportunity is what it is called and the cheaters needs to get cucked for once in Aion.

Oh NCsoft can actually get good and create better software to beat the bots. Game should be designed around players and not bots. I'd rather have bots which has absolutely minimal impact in the game right now than go to the stupid system Korean has. Better off buying ncoin items and reselling for better kinah value anyway vs bots, and you would be legit as well.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

5.8 is a big piece of shit patch whose entire existence is based upon p2w'ing out the ass, just like the entire 5.X series. :|

6.0 is scarcely better, looking like a fancy mobile game for computers.

But it's too early to say if 6.0 is a flop.

People dumping 200 omegas on level 80 AP armour and still +15 you call that pay to win? This power up event closes the gap between whales and non-whales. I'm free to play and I have a +9 levle 80 AP earring and I have to agree to what someone said earlier about this 5.8 being a good patch.

The only true pay to win is the minion system but thats only because they're not heavily featured in events and wouldn't be a problem if it was more available in game. Pay to win on for 80 AP gear or master harvester, well they have to grind purification materials just like everyone else which takes time and effort. If paying to win means someone gets a single +10 level 80 accessory compared to a non paying player who did it to +8 and +9, where the paying player had to have spent hundreds more on temperings, thats not really signifant of a difference.

+10 essence cores, easy non- whales can catch up to whales and be on easy footing there.

Stigmas, a lot drop from in game means I am actually surprised people would feel the need to buy stigmas off BCM. Its more an all of nothing case here, where its valuable if you unlock a 7th stigma slot, but if you are at full +8 stigmas not that much difference compared to +0 stigmas since the upgrades aren't that good.

Omegas well? Level 80 AP armour and weapons is just a bait and omega sink, and just a big troll to paying players. Master harvester is better value since it has good rates and can get to +25, but someone having better PvE gear by paying well that doesn't fall on the 'pay to win' category as what exactly are they winning that's causing other players to lose more?

I can build a strong case why 5.8 is very good of a patch, and why 6.0 will kill the game but I'm busying getting +9 stigmas through non-whale means. :D

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Dude the new currency trade system is the best thing to happen to Aion since release of the game. Trading between people means listing it on the market place so no more 1 to 1 trading everyone has a chance at the item.

that sounds like communism to me :P 

But talking seriously. Sometimes I REALLY want to give something to a friend for free. And sometimes they give things for free to me. Is our effort and our items and I do not want to EVERYONE to have a chance on MY things. 

This ruins the bots HARDCORE. The cheaters get nyerked over  HARDCORE. This is why the system is amazing. It will take max  1 month to adjust but its going to be the thing that Aion has needed since release.

Most new games seem to be adopting this BDO style system because it nyerks the cheaters out of RMT.  Random example

And again we are talking about how great is BDO..... ¬¬

that game is not so great if you have time to post here instead of have fun there. 

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

5.8 is a big piece of shit patch whose entire existence is based upon p2w'ing out the ass, just like the entire 5.X series. :|

6.0 is scarcely better, looking like a fancy mobile game for computers.

But it's too early to say if 6.0 is a flop.

yeap. still too soon to see how it goes. 

Oh NCsoft can actually get good and create better software to beat the bots. Game should be designed around players and not bots. I'd rather have bots which has absolutely minimal impact in the game right now than go to the stupid system Korean has. Better off buying ncoin items and reselling for better kinah value anyway vs bots, and you would be legit as well.

Sometime sthe prices listed on BCM are not balanced with the prices ingame. And some items (like skins or mounts) have an outdated price if we think that we can get them in Luna for free. 

I can Imagine many better ways to get rid on the RMTs. 

We just need to think about what are RMTs. How they work. What they can do and what they can not. RMTs works with multiaccount killing everything using a simple software to decide how to play on open world maps. But bots can not take complex decisions. They relly on large number of toons collecting cheap items but in large quantities. Some of them also works (or used to work) with fake CCs to buy items and sell them before being banned. 

But they never do instances. Making our trade amounts dependant on our activity in instances, PvP, enchantings, gear improvement, social interactions will make really hard for RMTs to trade something between their toons. Having to spend all the time to play and do things on every toon to be able to trade, is not worth for them. 

But now we have a cap selling things on NPCs no matter what. A player who have endgame +15 and do 30 instances each week has the same limit than a bot who has the basic gear and never did an instance. And both has no limitations to trade between players. Making imposible to a player who spended 30B on his soulbounded gear to trade 100M to a friend is not the solution. Creating a limit for everyplayer to trade kinah depending on how many instances they did, sounds better. 

10 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

"5.8 is a good patch"

Says the last 1000 people playing this game lol. 6.0 can bring new players which is what this game needs. No one new wants to play a game with so much power creep and minimal catch up mechanics.

Actually is a good patch. Maybe the version still is not good. But the patch partially solved many of the bad things we had with 5.0. 

- Leveling was really hard and people complained a lot, but now with the new exp from easy instances is much faster.
- People hated the new breakable and tradeable gear, but now the top gear is none of those things. 
- Minions were a hard to get,  and was a huge difference between people who pay and people who play for free. Now we can get them in many easy ways (and in large quantities).
- We have Divine Again. Is the first map that we have back into the game after a long time being deleted. 

I am agree that the game is not on his best moment, but the patch included good things. 

Archived