6.0 info

Kubei-DN

1 hour ago, Furby-KT said:

Can't agree with that at all.

Do you really think NCsoft would have spend so much money and time to create the hundreds of daily and weekly quests in the end-game maps if it were not intended to be used?

Get real.

I have been playing Aion since 2009 and questing end game maps has always been popular. What's changed is this flood of infiltration and spy quests that encourage you to go gank questing players in the opposite faction maps. That's whats ruining it.

They make lots of money off of instance scrolls with berdin's stars. And now Adma/Theo/DL/FP are, like, 3 man instances that give butt-tons of XP. FoO still exists and even got boosted (in Korea pre-6.0). Luna XP got buffed out the ass. Luna = more $$. Duo CoE gives a crackton of XP. All of these are much more rewarding than quest grinding in Norsvold/Iluma, even before ganking.

I've been playing since 2009, too. There were few quests in 1.5-1.9. Between it and the ganking that existed by December on some servers after launch, it sucked. It took me longer to grind 33-38 than it did 43-50, and I'm sure you remember how steep a grind that was, don't you?

2.0-4.8 offered the questing for leveling, but, in later patches, it was so much more efficient to run BTNM from 53-65 than to quest. Iirc, 4.X had gank players quests, too. It was just we had shared maps rather than rifting.

5.0 (launch 5.0) tried to do the end-zone grind mobs/quests in open world thing (the origin of a lot of those quests), and it failed horribly for similar reasons as to 1.5 and 1.7...ganking and shit XP from quests with instances that weren't rewarding or easily doable with a legit stupid grind.

The game model is geared toward instance leveling now. 6.0 brings back a lot of world quest grinding (and ganking...), but it's instances at the moment.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Furby-KT said:

Can't agree with that at all.

Do you really think NCsoft would have spend so much money and time to create the hundreds of daily and weekly quests in the end-game maps if it were not intended to be used?

Get real.

I have been playing Aion since 2009 and questing end game maps has always been popular. What's changed is this flood of infiltration and spy quests that encourage you to go gank questing players in the opposite faction maps. That's whats ruining it.

If you've been playing since 2009, then you should recall that we've always had infiltration and spy quests. On the Elyos side, they started as early as Eltnen, infact that's one of the funniest one since they ported the player onto a mountaintop onto Morheim. At around level 40, one of the best weapons in the game was only available through a long quest chain that required infiltration quests. I was extremely happy when I got my Xenophon's tome. I think this has been nerfed, but this quest in A-stronghold and the whole chain took quite of bit of work, and usually some PVP to finish and the whole story line was really well done.

That's just one example, but the quests were sprinkled through other levels. 

I remember the one quest that I never got to complete in Morheim, the one in which you literally had to go below Eltnen Fortress and kill 3 mobs to get the items. Never completed it, because Elyos were camping that place fiercely. Then I abandoned it. Then when I decided to complete it, I was way too high level for it. I hated that quest and still hope it burns in lava slowly and painfully. >_>

23 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Ah the pve qq is beginning. It's gonna get a lot saltier when they realize the 5.x patches were a pve paradise and a fluke mainly due to the KR master server. If you don't like getting ganked while taking pretty screenshots under a waterfall you might want to quit before 6.0.

PVE'ers have been leaving the game in droves around the time they made Sarpan into a disputed map, it started of only a certain times then they went overboard. Most of my legion left to play GW2. Nowadays if I am doing the daily quests and get ganked by a sin or ranger which are the most common (I deleted my own Sin and Ranger in disgust of the classes), I just log off and go and do something else. Come back the next day. I use to play Aion about 20 hours a week now it's more like 4-5 because I see no progress since the Archdaeva concept was introduced. I use to like doing the camps in Katalam but they screwed that. Counting on 6.0 to put some fun back into the open world play.

Aion was design as a PVE/PVP game so the logic should be ever a fair amount and balance between the 2. The problem of ganking is not from the game but from the disrespect players have between ourselves. Do you know the "dont do to the others what you dont like to be done to you" thing? Well thats the issue. I dont like to be ganked, so i never ganked. I had situations when I as a high level saw a lowbie, and just ignored him and go away to my business, and later on see the same character but now on same level, and he/she just turn away as i did before. So players and faction just need to respect one another. If it is a place for pvp, if the idea it is to pvp ok then, ppl are there for it, but on a map you know you have ppl leveling up, just jump on them cause "they are there and i dont fuking care" or " im a pro pvp so i get lowbies and ungeared ppl eating dirt, ahahahh" shits just is disrespectful. 

Some years ago, Lineage 2 was a open world pvp in all the map, and high lvls used to ganked lowbies for the spot (its a grinding game even now). Korea changed drastically the pk punishment to allow ppl to level up or no one would ever reached the end game. They dont do it here because it is a faction game, and L2 isnt. But the problem was exactly the same.

I didnt like much katalam and danaria when it first came because of the zerg on camps but i adapted my movements on those maps because of it and now i miss them. Same with Sarpan and the medals quests. But i hate Illuma/Norsvold. I just hope that Lakrum can bring a bit of joy like katalam/danaria in 6.0, but as far as ive seen leveling up is not a grind fest nor an instance fest, and seems alot fun.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

How about they are empty and unused? What a strange thing to be upset about.

And they aren't doing any harm, are they? It's nice to have them around for nostalgia purposes. The content is still there to be done IF someone chooses to use it. My friend and I still do. They're still fun to explore, it's fun to run through old instances and some old quests. There are a lot of memories in these maps and removing them does not benefit anyone, but it can be enough to make some players leave.

The same can be said of all the items and skins they are removing for no reason.

Right now leveling makes little sense. When I started playing in 2009, you -had- to go to every area and do every single quest. In fact, you had to grind mobs in between areas to finish a level or make another one so that the next area's quests would open up. Since '09, leveling has just gotten easier in easier. Before this, the Korean devs have tried to streamline leveling by redoing the gold quests to try and have them make sense.. and they haven't been that successful. They added the dark blue quests. The light blue quests were all optional. With 6.0, the devs are -finally- redoing the leveling areas. Finally they have stopped trying to pour a cup of water in a gallon's worth of areas. Finally the storyline will match the break neck pace of leveling.

You are your friends may actually go to those areas but that's because you are leveling your 47th character. It's nostalgic for you, but even you can admit it wasn't essential and actually could confuse and perhaps frustrate someone who was leveling their first. (i.e. "Why haven't I gone over there? Why is that area there? Did I miss something?")

This was so needed.

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Right now leveling makes little sense. When I started playing in 2009, you -had- to go to every area and do every single quest. In fact, you had to grind mobs in between areas to finish a level or make another one so that the next area's quests would open up. Since '09, leveling has just gotten easier in easier. Before this, the Korean devs have tried to streamline leveling by redoing the gold quests to try and have them make sense.. and they haven't been that successful. They added the dark blue quests. The light blue quests were all optional. With 6.0, the devs are -finally- redoing the leveling areas. Finally they have stopped trying to pour a cup of water in a gallon's worth of areas. Finally the storyline will match the break neck pace of leveling.

You are your friends may actually go to those areas but that's because you are leveling your 47th character. It's nostalgic for you, but even you can admit it wasn't essential and actually could confuse and perhaps frustrate someone who was leveling their first. (i.e. "Why haven't I gone over there? Why is that area there? Did I miss something?")

This was so needed.

Easily solved by simply asking where to go in LFG (as new players do) or providing direction to the player in game. I'm sure new campaign quests or whatever will lead them to the next zone anyway.

OMG.OMG I'm so desperate for my beautiful items that I took years to get!

... I'm reading about so many things, but and the crafty skins? Are they going to disappear? Oh, my skins!!
And remodels, is it still possible? The items we have remodeled, how are they? Are they still remodeled or will they disappear?
Will the petal dye fade!!! And the items dyed how are they going to stay?

I was dedicated to making beautiful skins, beautiful accessories, beautiful furniture, to beautify all. Now I do not know what I'm going to do.

And the guestbloons? I know it's still the same, but will they be updated? Will the guestbloons of manastones give the new manastones? Why does not it make sense to give us old things out of use, or are they going to disappear too?

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

This was so needed.

Before you can continue with this "those maps are useless" thing

With all your wisdom, tell me please how can I, level up a new toon I made. Is level 1 now and I want to go all the way to 66. Please tell me how to level it without using any of the maps that are going to be removed or the instances there. And no. Luna is not the answer cause I will need like a month leveling only with lunas. 

And no. "In 6.0 the quest will be redistributed in the remaining maps" is not the answer either, cause you are saying that NOW those maps are useless and no needed. So now. at 5.8 give a good way to level up without going to Verteron, Eltnen, Teobomos and the others that will be deleted. (please in less than a month)

And now. It is not posible that the problem here is that we have so few new players and is not that the maps are useless? Our community is decreasing every day even after the merge (And a lot of people here was totally sure a Merge was the solution to attrack new players). So few new players are coming. All the content related with new players is almost deserted. But the problem is not the content. The problem is that we need new players to stay alive. 

And the other issue we had here, is than since 4.X NCsoft is destroying slowly a lot of periferic content reducing the things we can do ingame. Craftings outdated and soon destroyed, housing never updated in years, gathering materials nerfed, low level instances totally nerfed, doing missions and dailies to get tokens and medals, devalorized now that we can just buy and sell them on the broker, the only objetive now is to get our endgame gear +20 or more and get GP in all the possible ways. And that can be sintetized in Kinah + GP. Nothing else. But the problem is the old maps. Just like all the new players who came to fill our servers after the promissing merge with more open world PvP, a lot more will just join Aion if we remove the old maps... ¬¬ 

Another great idea to solve our problem about no new people?

We've beaten this to death, and we will never reach an agreement. You have your opinion, and we have ours. Rehashing it again and again isn't going to change anything. The maps are leaving. The leveling system is being revamped. Things are changing, whether we like them or not, and getting endlessly frustrated over it (something that cannot and will not be changed) isn't going to accomplish anything. The maps are dead and gone. RIP.

To requote myself from another thread on the subject of no new people/failing to retain new people:

Game is old with no advertisement, is highly complicated, in a saturated market, and has a hostile playerbase. Kind of difficult to attract and keep new players with just that, let alone the other problems.

The game has to be simplified if we want to have even a chance of retaining people (though I think it's going too far toward mobile-level simplification). It has to be advertised. It has to hook new players. IT HAS TO HAVE A FREAKING NEW WEBSITE, WHAT THE ACTUAL TRUCK, NCSOFT.

The game isn't at all fit for new players in its current iteration, and saying that asking questions is the best way to get information doesn't work in practice. There are few people on the FTS these days who can answer questions, and the ones left tend to be assholes (hostile playerbase). People don't know to come to the forums and ask questions. You don't have to do that in other games, which makes them way more accessible than Aion. Aion's big, confusing, and a huge, disgusting mess.

Nostalgia isn't going to give the game a chance. Maybe they'll rework the old zones back in in the future, but, for now, making the game smaller just might be their best bet for the new player base, the old, crusty players be damned.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

[...] and the ones left tend to be assholes (hostile playerbase).

I like your explanation of the term "assholes" in brackets :)

Thanks 1s2CC931-KT for the minion's update. It seems that they have been nerfed in power and became more as godstones indeed, with these para/silence random activations. It sucks to still have these random alterate states, but they will be probably less OP than now in the end. So.. half win?

10 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Before you can continue with this "those maps are useless" thing

With all your wisdom, tell me please how can I, level up a new toon I made. Is level 1 now and I want to go all the way to 66. Please tell me how to level it without using any of the maps that are going to be removed or the instances there. And no. Luna is not the answer cause I will need like a month leveling only with lunas. 

And no. "In 6.0 the quest will be redistributed in the remaining maps" is not the answer either, cause you are saying that NOW those maps are useless and no needed. So now. at 5.8 give a good way to level up without going to Verteron, Eltnen, Teobomos and the others that will be deleted. (please in less than a month)

And now. It is not posible that the problem here is that we have so few new players and is not that the maps are useless? Our community is decreasing every day even after the merge (And a lot of people here was totally sure a Merge was the solution to attrack new players). So few new players are coming. All the content related with new players is almost deserted. But the problem is not the content. The problem is that we need new players to stay alive. 

And the other issue we had here, is than since 4.X NCsoft is destroying slowly a lot of periferic content reducing the things we can do ingame. Craftings outdated and soon destroyed, housing never updated in years, gathering materials nerfed, low level instances totally nerfed, doing missions and dailies to get tokens and medals, devalorized now that we can just buy and sell them on the broker, the only objetive now is to get our endgame gear +20 or more and get GP in all the possible ways. And that can be sintetized in Kinah + GP. Nothing else. But the problem is the old maps. Just like all the new players who came to fill our servers after the promissing merge with more open world PvP, a lot more will just join Aion if we remove the old maps... ¬¬ 

Another great idea to solve our problem about no new people?

There really isn't a need to get snotty about this, Azz. Believe it or not, I will also miss those maps. Hell! I really hated that they added all those dark blue quests that gave such good rewards that it made it so people didn't have to do the light blue ones.. some of which are not only iconic but funny! But rather than clinging to my own nostalgia, I am thinking of the health of the game.

You answered your own question, but then refused to believe it. The quests will be consolidated on the maps that are remaining. This does two things. It makes the leveling flow better, using all of the maps that remain -and- allows the lore and story of the game to be told in a seamless manner without missing pieces that are currently hidden in light blue quests that are typically ignored because a new player outlevels them. 

I think you are getting caught up on the word "useless". So let's start again.

Leveling is much much quicker than it was when I started in 2009. With the Fast Track Server and the dark blue quests giving so much xp, most of the light blue quests on all maps are optional. To streamline the leveling process so that players will do all the leveling quests (and thus enjoy -all- the leveling content and get a chance to read all the lore told), the Korean devs redid all the leveling quests. So let's say that the number of quests (gold, dark blue, pink and light blue) is being reduced by 50%. The new quests will flow from one to the other with no optional ones and no holes. So now we have half as many quests but still the number of areas that was filled with twice the number of quests. So you can see the problem. With half the quests, the Korean Devs needed to reduce the area they were in by half as well. They made the decision on which areas would go and which would stay, but the bottom line is that they only need half as many maps. I don't know how they picked which maps would stay and which would go. As the people that created those maps, imagine how hard that was for them. It isn't that those particular maps are -useless-. It's that with the streamlining and revamping of leveling in 6.0, the amount of maps wasn't needed. It's not anything personal against those maps! It just needed to happen.

You bring up some of the other changes that 6.0 will bring and you are seeing them as individual things. Perhaps trying seeing them as their total. The point of 6.0 is a total re-do of Aion. Korea called it "Re-fly". The name could be translated as "Re-LAUNCH". Aion is getting a do-over. When we login on 6.0 day, we will be logging into a new game. It's scary. I get that. But it is also exciting.

2 hours ago, Rommie-DN said:

I hope this zone removal is only stupid joke..

NCSoft almost killed aion by 5.x update, major of people left this game (not flame, just fact, result is this server merge), and now they wanna finish it as i se.. Sad how they screwed this game last years...

How can anything in 5.x be worse than 4.8? Gear breaking isn't a legitimate reason as the trade off for massively improved enchant rates had to come with item destruction balance. Now in 5.8 its easier to start off as a new player, gear up and get gear. I did a Drakenseer run and 5 omegas dropped in there, before 5.x it was hard to enchant gear and most of the time you had to spend kinah on supplements.

As for what you said about server merge, Aion was tanking ever since 4.8 then later the introduction of Beritra server, had nothing to do with 5.x.

Archived