6.0 info

Kubei-DN

21 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Inevitable? Yes. "Necessary?" Absolutely not. For once, it would be nice if NCsoft didn't do their one step forward, two steps back approach.

I mean.. those two words are synonyms so I don't see your point there. 

NCsoft didn't really take a step forward it just looks like that tbh. I don't know how much info NA players get but the minion nerf was always known to be temporary: http://aion.plaync.com/board/tazz/view?articleID=346&page=

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

I mean.. those two words are synonyms so I don't see your point there. 

*snip*

No they aren't. 

What Van is saying is that because Minions have been handled so poorly and with so little foresight, what we are seeing now was inevitable.. was certain to happen. But that none of his was necessary.. required. That if minions had been better planned out, no adjustments would have needed to be made. As per usual, Korea puts something out, buffs it hugely, makes players angry, nerfs it too much, makes players angry and so they buff it again.

Korean devs suck, they actually don't plan ahead and what they should have done is have focus groups to see how certain updates would be received 4.8 was a mistake. The real reason Katalam, Danaria and the other regions were deleted was cause of the server load which was a problem because of Enshar and Cygnea being poorly optimised. They try and hide this with crappy lore, when better game developers like those for Warframe would be able to keep all those regions.

Now they're gonna pull the same rubbish and its gonna wreck the lore.

Minions let me tell its not easy getting the growth points for xp and then there's the minium. Atleast with the current system minion skills could be countered and had cooldowns and were even for each class, but toggle on affects its gonna benefit faster attack classes, but more importantly if you have one you will essentially have another godstone.

6.0 is a joke, the bigger joke is the community thinking its gonna be Aion's salvations when its not. People also need to understand our 5.8 is different to Korean 5.8, and people need to sync in with that reality.

I suppose we will see their Aion earnings for Q1 around May. It seems NCSOFT just doesn't want to listen to their playerbase when it comes to balancing or fixing stuff. The game is already on a heavy decline in the West due to cheating and hacking, and in Korea it's due how much money you need to throw in again for the minions. What I don't understand why did they remove 5.x patch, but kept the minions, which are part of said patch. I guess they know it's their only income so far.

Not to mention, PvE is heavily unbalanced right now in 6.0. Lakrum is a constant zerg vs zerg and factions camping each other, going out to do quests is near impossible and exhausting. I know it's gonna be a big problem here for us since Asian Express keeps camping Iluma and the Tower entrance nonstop, imagine them camping the bases. All it takes is 1 person to lure guards away to kill the weaker players.

6.0 is all about PvP. Minions and their godstone-like abilities, the 2 sieges that remains, there's really nothing to do in the game again once you hit end-game.

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

No they aren't. 

What Van is saying is that because Minions have been handled so poorly and with so little foresight, what we are seeing now was inevitable.. was certain to happen. But that none of his was necessary.. required. That if minions had been better planned out, no adjustments would have needed to be made. As per usual, Korea puts something out, buffs it hugely, makes players angry, nerfs it too much, makes players angry and so they buff it again.

Google contains a vast wealth of information and it's only a click away: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/necessary

Inevitable is literally in the definition.

4 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I suppose we will see their Aion earnings for Q1 around May. It seems NCSOFT just doesn't want to listen to their playerbase when it comes to balancing or fixing stuff. The game is already on a heavy decline in the West due to cheating and hacking, and in Korea it's due how much money you need to throw in again for the minions. What I don't understand why did they remove 5.x patch, but kept the minions, which are part of said patch. I guess they know it's their only income so far.

Not to mention, PvE is heavily unbalanced right now in 6.0. Lakrum is a constant zerg vs zerg and factions camping each other, going out to do quests is near impossible and exhausting. I know it's gonna be a big problem here for us since Asian Express keeps camping Iluma and the Tower entrance nonstop, imagine them camping the bases. All it takes is 1 person to lure guards away to kill the weaker players.

6.0 is all about PvP. Minions and their godstone-like abilities, the 2 sieges that remains, there's really nothing to do in the game again once you hit end-game.

Their Q1 earnings in Aion will likely be pretty high. The average KR player doesn't like P2W but there are a lot of whales who are going ham with the micro transactions right now. Kaisinel transforms are a cash cow and they've done cash shop events where people can indirectly swipe for pvp armor. 

Lakrum is too small for the KR population but I don't see it being as claustrophobicly zergy here. OWPVP has existed since the game's inception which is expected from a open world pvpve game. 

As for endgame, you are right - the content is thin and relies on gear progression and pvp for replayability. That's why handing out gear to vets and not fostering the new/returning players into a healthier population will keep this game dead. Hopefully NCwest realizes this.

I read on EU forum they said crit strike and crit spell have minor affected crit of skills,somehow I think crit going to affected on auto attack at least.
Which I think anything that's not dual wield going to pump physical attack with manastones.
Still curious as now if spear will be better than dual wield when using against boss or not.

7 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Lakrum is too small for the KR population but I don't see it being as claustrophobicly zergy here. OWPVP has existed since the game's inception which is expected from a open world pvpve game. 

As for endgame, you are right - the content is thin and relies on gear progression and pvp for replayability. That's why handing out gear to vets and not fostering the new/returning players into a healthier population will keep this game dead. Hopefully NCwest realizes this.

When I played on the 6.0 launch, it was pretty packed, but I have yet to see how’s it like now. I don’t mind zergs, I keep saying they’re part of the game, but Lakrum seems to be over the top on it. It’s true that it might be different for us here in the West.

It feels like the developers aren’t really playing their own game. Maybe they are, and think adding this kind of thing will keep the game up and running, but it’s not what the players want. Until NCSOFT learns listening to playersbase is a good thing, the game will eventually shut down as there’s a lot of competition now on the market, which has superior mechanics for combat and play style. They should take a look on Path of Exile, it’s free to play and their shop only has skins for skills and characters, and the game is striving fairly well.

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

http://aion.plaync.com/events/2018/180221_delivery?keywd=AO_delivery_1920x640_20180221&logger_kw=AO_delivery_1920x640_20180221&source=logger_kw&_C_=3746

Anyone speak Kr translate this looks to me like they put the enchantment stones through quna or w/e its called.

The purple enchants (middle tier) are always in the quna shop 24/7 on KR.

This cash shop event is what I mentioned above where people can swipe for pvp gear. The asura's giftboxes they list there gives everything you need to get pvp gear without playing the game except AP for going to next tier. The people that have whaled out full +15 purple pvp sets are about 4-5 months ahead of a very active f2p now.

There's also 2x drop rate for the instances, double AP rewards for the pvp instances. And you get points for success/fail of enchanting to get some crap rewards during event.

I'm trying to stay optimistic D:

The game itself is better imo which is good because NCwest has no say in that aspect. Cash shop is a bit more regional so maybe they won't shoot themselves in the foot? KR did just go f2p so they are still "learning"... their mobile games over there are printing money so they are heavily blinded by the $$'s in their eyes right now.

Can someone explain to me why they made Panda and Sactum smaller? Whats the point of that? I dont really play  elyos but like  to walk in Sanctum sometimes.....

So far, reading all the things about 6.0, my optimistic meter keeps going down .... Why doesnt Ncsoft Korea listen to their playerbase? Are they that greedy?They dont realize  that their keep upsetting their playerbase....

It's not 6.2. It's basically additional information regarding 17th March update, which I will be translating. Just by looking at it, I can see they're buffing Minions even more. That additional instance is what we have, it looks like a revamped area of the Luna weekly instance.

4 hours ago, Heuo-DN said:

Can someone explain to me why they made Panda and Sactum smaller? Whats the point of that? I dont really play  elyos but like  to walk in Sanctum sometimes.....

The areas that have been removed (or maybe I should say locked down) contained NPCs and services that were useless/removed in 6.0 (for example the crafting area, the NPCs to buy skins or modify your appearance). It will be weird to walk all along that long hall at the entrance of Pandaemonium just to arrive to 1 single square, and nothing more, but that's it. And no one cared about that far tavern in Sanctum anyway.

I'm not playing the 6.0, so idk if they really removed these parts to make the game lighter, for example. But I doubt it. Probably it will be still possible to use the current glitches to bypass the gates and reach the old areas from below (I hope). They just closed them to avoid that stupid kids (us) rampaged around the city, aimlessly. Where did they think to be, in a kindergarden/videogame?

Archived