Jump to content
Kubei-DN

6.0 info

Recommended Posts

Sunix-DN   

Anyone knows where I can find the promotional picture of ereshkigal's dragon form that NC West used as thumbnail for this video?

 

@Cyan is it even possible to post this image for us?

I WANT TO MAKE A WALLPAPER OF IT

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

Update January 3rd 2018

Lakrum, the Jotun's homeland. New dynamic field with windstreams and various locations. "Stop Ereshkigal from obtaining secret relics!"

field1_layer_img1.jpgfield1_layer_img2.jpgfield1_layer_img4.jpgfield1_layer_img5.jpg

Fortress + Camps

  • New 6 man instance named Prometon Workshop. Frigida's army base.

Additional information

  • Daevanion Skill appearance (Roman shown) -- You will now have the ability to convert existing skills into powerful ones with additional effects.

skill1_img1.jpg

  • Transformation System -- New transformation system that allows you to experience different appearances and powerful abilities.
  • Items -- New grades and higher phase equipment. Ancient + Legendary + Ultimate.

item1_layer_img1.jpgitem1_layer_img2.jpgitem1_layer_img3.jpgitem1_layer_img4.jpgitem1_layer_img5.jpgitem1_layer_img6.jpgitem1_layer_img7.jpgitem1_layer_img8.jpgitem1_layer_img9.jpgitem1_layer_img10.jpgitem1_layer_img11.jpgitem1_layer_img12.jpg

  • Easier Item Customization
  • Simpler enchanting and manastone system

item2_img.png

  • Character stat reorganization. Complex stats now integrated into main ones, user-friendly UI design. Each class will have distinct characteristics that can bring clear features of each profession.

grow2_img.png

  • Quna, new item to obtain rare goods. It can be traded with Shugos.

quna_obj.png

Reorganization of fields

Quote

As previously mentioned, fields in Aion have been greatly reorganized. Areas that have been divided into multiple locations have been reduced to 4 race-specific maps and one common map, Lakrum.

 

Level Field
1 -- 10 Poeta/Ishalgen
11 -- 40 Heiron/Beluslan
41 -- 55 Inggison/Gelkmaros
56 -- 75 Cygnea/Enshar
76 -- 80 Lakrum
  • Quest lines have been rearranged to fit the new style.  
  • After starting a quest, you will move to the next area to finish it. As you move along with the quest, you will navigate around the area to make sure nothing was left unfinished.
  • Lakrum area is for players above level 76. It has both artifacts and camps scattered all over the map.
  • The way camps work will work the same way in 5.8 -- more captured = more additional rewards. (We still have to see that in 5.8)
  • For more convenient way to move, there will be teleports between the camps.
  • Thanks to this, you will be able to move to the base where battles are in progress much faster. Additionally, there are windstreams and geysers that are not only helpful to move between locations but also in battle.

ex4-Wi9SS5_KjQDlo_4s5g.png

(Camp occupied by Elyos)

  • In Lakrum, special monsters appear every day and every week. There are the Ereshkigal’s Army patrolling the fortress. It's also called Raid.
  • Named monsters that appears 3 times a day can be attacked with 6 players. Named monsters that appears twice a week can be attacked with 48 players. They will appear in various places of Lakrum and will drop new Manastones, PVE Enchantment Stones, and Stigma Enchantment Stones. Face the new raid challenge with a group or alliance.

vDszaqWHQYqSBzJVFMgQcQ.png

(Raid monster)

  • Divine Fortress goes under siege every Sunday at 10pm, and can be accessed through a portal at each race’s base in Lakrum. Divine Fortress hasn’t been changed.
  • Depending on your contribution during Lakrum sieges, you will be awarded with PVP upgrade items, PVP enchantment stones, Ultimate production materials, Glory Points and Abyss Points.
  • For smooth matching and progress, existing instances have been reorganized. After the REFLY update, there will be 3 Dredgions, Idgel Dome and Evergale Cannyon.
  • In case of arenas, there will be 3. Arena of Discipline, Arena of Harmony, Arena of Tenacity.
  • Other instances, arenas, and training arenas will be removed.

Instance reorganization and new ‘Prometon Workshop’ dungeon

  • Drakenspire Dephs, Divine Tower, Cradle of Eternity, Mirash Sanctuary, Bastion of Souls will be moved to Lakrum along with the new instance.
    Crucible Spire will now be a time-attack instance with 20 floors, and the difficulty will increase with each floor you pass.
  • Prometon Workshop’ is a new group instance that has been hidden for a very long time. In order to deal with prisoners using powerful ice arrows, cooperation and communication among the group members will be more important than ever.
  • Eternal Bastion, Infinity Shard, Archives of Eternity and instances for levels 65+ that have not been moved to Lakrum will be removed.
  • The difficulty of Drakenspire Depths will be increased, Cradle of Eternity will now be for 3 players, and Bastion of Souls for 6 players.

Frigida, the final named boss

HPdvzqM.jpg&key=0a8a325dd3edce1c0656a7c1

Courtesy of Kelekelio. Thank you @Neleth-KT as well.

Edited by Kubei-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zhynn-DN   

a) no new class in patch 6.0 ?

b) confirmed new level cap to level 80 in patch 6.0.2 being able to reach it in 3 weeks playing?

c) will Fissure of Oblivion be truly removed and erased from the game?

Edited by Zhynn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   
6 minutes ago, Zhynn-DN said:

a) no new class in patch 6.0 ?

b) confirmed new level cap to level 80 in patch 6.0.2 being able to reach it in 3 weeks playing?

A) No, no new class so far.

B) Yes, level 80 is the new cap. A previous article mentioned how 75-80 can be done within 2 or 3 days.

Edited by Bryos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:
  • Transformation System -- New transformation system that allows you to experience different appearances and powerful abilities.

 

Did he just transfor into... Kaisinel? o.O Are we going to transform into Empyrean Lords, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, Bryos-KT said:

Drakenspire Depths, Frozen Monolith, Cradle of Eternity, Mirash Sanctum and Bastion of Souls will be moved to the new shared map. Meanwhile, Eternal Bastion, Illuminary Obelisk, Danuar Reliquary, Linkgate Foundry, Infinity Shard, Archives of Eternity, Adma's Fall, Theobomos Test Chamber, Drakenseer's Lair, Fallen Poeta and Trials of Eternity will be removed.

And, so, for battlegrounds, means Grand Arena of Tenacity, Arena of Chaos, Arena of Glory, Iron Wall Warfront, Kamar Battlefield, Ophidan Warpath, Idgel Dome Landmark, Engulfed Ophidan Bridge and the training arenas will be out. Leaving us with Evergale Canyon, the Dredgions and the original Idgel Dome.

Wow, that's a lot of stuff removed.

I wish they kept all the old instances accessible somewhere, for example using a portal/time machine/using "a mysterious drug pot", so that they don't have to justify their presence in the current story. Even without updated loot, to not drive too many players in playing these old instances rather than the new ones. Still a pity when so many old contents are wiped all at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   
9 hours ago, Zhynn-DN said:

c) will Fissure of Oblivion be truly removed and erased from the game?

Knowing that Archdaeva system is completely removed, Fissure of Oblivion is part of it, therefore I think it'll be removed as well.

I added @Bryos-KT comment about instances in my first post since it's much more detailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, zikira-KT said:

In terms of your last sentence about legal,id suggest you read terms of use,game company's can do anything they want,and you agree to this everytime you log in,whether it F2play model with cashsop or subscription.

...

Well... even if we accept the terms everytime we log in. There are laws in many countries. And laws are more powerfull than any terms of use. So they can not break the laws just cause we accepted the terms (and more if everybody knows that nobody read those terms, and most of the players do not understand completely what is said there. And.... a lot of the people accepting those terms involving money, are under 18/21 years old and are not legally allowed to accept some things). 

In some countries the goverments are starting to think about legal pressure on many games like this one. Cause if you can pay real money to buy something with a random reward, and you can sell that reward to other players ingame, the game is entering in a different area including gambling with real money. And there are a lot of laws involved on those activities similar than casino´s activities. So If we can gamble with real money, the game must not be allowed to be played by people under 18/21 years, and there are more taxes involved and restrictions... So is not going to be really profitable for some games. 

So, as an example, you and me can make a legal contract to have a real duel with fire weapons. But that contract won´t save the winner to go to the jail for murdering the other one. Laws > terms of use.   


And about the news from 6.0. Those are so many maps and instances removed. I think that will produce so much sadness in most of the players. I know some of them are almost useless now, But I do not think that keeping them just in case that somebody wants to use them for a while could do some harm to the game. 

Looks like the are just turning the game smaller, really smaller, and restoring te style it use to have. Fewer things to worry about, fewer places to check bugs.... I just hope that they will start puting back some of those removed things if the population start growing up again like in the past. 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Please don't compare an RL duel to the death with firearms to a video game ToS. That's even steeper than an apples to oranges comparison.

ok. so you want an example closer to what happens in many MMORPGs....

lets say that you open a park with trees and ways so kids and adults can ride their bikes and bring their dogs to take a walk, and after that you put some poker tables on the middle so the childrens can gamble their lunch´s money with the adults (and sometimes they can pay in other ways too, that happens too), and... you get some money from that, of course. You can make all of them to sign a "terms of service agreement" at the door. But tell me how fast you will run if the police comes to see what do you have there. 
hahahahaha

laws are laws. :P 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Well... even if we accept the terms everytime we log in. There are laws in many countries. And laws are more powerfull than any terms of use. So they can not break the laws just cause we accepted the terms (and more if everybody knows that nobody read those terms, and most of the players do not understand completely what is said there. And.... a lot of the people accepting those terms involving money, are under 18/21 years old and are not legally allowed to accept some things). 

In some countries the goverments are starting to think about legal pressure on many games like this one. Cause if you can pay real money to buy something with a random reward, and you can sell that reward to other players ingame, the game is entering in a different area including gambling with real money. And there are a lot of laws involved on those activities similar than casino´s activities. So If we can gamble with real money, the game must not be allowed to be played by people under 18/21 years, and there are more taxes involved and restrictions... So is not going to be really profitable for some games. 

So, as an example, you and me can make a legal contract to have a real duel with fire weapons. But that contract won´t save the winner to go to the jail for murdering the other one. Laws > terms of use.   


And about the news from 6.0. Those are so many maps and instances removed. I think that will produce so much sadness in most of the players. I know some of them are almost useless now, But I do not think that keeping them just in case that somebody wants to use them for a while could do some harm to the game. 

Looks like the are just turning the game smaller, really smaller, and restoring te style it use to have. Fewer things to worry about, fewer places to check bugs.... I just hope that they will start puting back some of those removed things if the population start growing up again like in the past. 

As you said, you accept the terms every time you log in - not reading them is not an excuse for not being bound by them, the user agreement already states, in more than one area that the game is not intended for minors. If a minor does play, an adult must grant their permission, and it is the adult who will be held accountable for all of the minor's actions.Don't forget that these terms also explicitly forbid activities that promote or involve money and in-game currency.

In addition, under the current agreement, while you are not supposed to violate  your  local laws, you also agree to have any arbitration held under a specific US jurisdiction. 

No one forces you to agree upon the terms of use, however it is a legal contract signed in good faith. You're not under any duress and no one forced you to sign up. Good luck proving that t is in any way illegal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

As you said, you accept the terms every time you log in - not reading them is not an excuse for not being bound by them, the user agreement already states, in more than one area that the game is not intended for minors. If a minor does play, an adult must grant their permission, and it is the adult who will be held accountable for all of the minor's actions.Don't forget that these terms also explicitly forbid activities that promote or involve money and in-game currency.

In addition, under the current agreement, while you are not supposed to violate  your  local laws, you also agree to have any arbitration held under a specific US jurisdiction. 

No one forces you to agree upon the terms of use, however it is a legal contract signed in good faith. You're not under any duress and no one forced you to sign up. Good luck proving that t is in any way illegal.

yes. and that is great, but who controls that? :P 

If you go to a casino you will find somebody at the door who probably will require your ID before you can enter (if you look too young to be there). The terms are fine, but nobody is taking control of who plays or press the "agree" button. And again, your terms of service agreement can not go over the current laws in a country. Just take a look on how many pages and people faced legal issues with internet sites to share archives or even with adult content. A lot of them have "terms of agreement" . All the internet things are quite new and lawmakers move so slow. But they are starting to put their eyes on online games. And what I say is not that crazy. Just check and you will see that in some countries are talking about this and how the games will have to change this. 

You can not offert adult content if you can´t control who enters. You can´t offer gambling features with real money if you can´t control who use that. Your "terms" can sound really amazing, but laws are laws. 

And yes, we, the adults playing here and using money, could be violating some laws too by selling "gambling" items to people under age (or unknow age). I´m not sure, laws aren´t my area. 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

I thought I made this thread for 6.0 info, not whether the company is doing something legal or not. Let's not argue over that here =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I thought I made this thread for 6.0 info, not whether the company is doing something legal or not. Let's not argue over that here =)

you are right. Sorry. :(

so coming back to the topic.... I´m not happy with all those maps and instances that will be erased :P 

And they said that our 5.8 or previous gear will be keeped and we are going to be able to use that, but the new gear will be better even with fewer manastones and a limit in the enchantment level. So, do you have some stats for some item from 6.0 so we can compare and to see how much better could be, lets say, a new weapon from 6.0 than a harvester +20 full of +11 manastones? I am really courious about that. 

Also, somebody said that we will have new manastones. Do you have an example of one of those just to see the stats they can improve and how much? Maybe 3 new manastones can be so much better than 6 +11 or +12 current manastones or maybe they will come back to the old composites but a little stronger (like 35 MB/ 20 MA). And if is something like that, it is hard to me to see how a new weapon can be stronger than a current one :P. Or maybe they will just nerf so much the stats provided by each point of power, knowledge, etc, so will be better to replace those for old ones. 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

Currently there's no info on the new manastones yet, but I know the +11 and +12 are being replaced in Korea. Koreans will be able to exchange their outdated gear with new ones that's also depending on level, however most of those are above +20 in enchantment level. NCWest will have to adjust to our levels upon its release, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 7:25 AM, Shadowslip-DN said:

So...what will happen to essencetapping/aethertapping & leveling them? Will the nodes just be condensed into the 3 remaining zones? (3, not 4, because I'm assuming they won't add them to Poeta/Ishalgen.)

I would love to know what they are doing with essencetapping as well. As you suggested, they will either have to transfer everything from the removed maps to the remaining ones, OR, knowing how little NCSoft cares about the crafting system, they will probably just remove the nodes entirely and adjust the level of nodes they do keep to fill in the gaps. Of course, that would mean an awful lot of recipes and craft materials will be rendered completely useless. Whatever happens, I do hope they have brains enough to keep the nodes that give you free dye petals.

On 1/3/2018 at 0:10 PM, Silmarie-DN said:

What will happen to those items we currently have ? Will the superior etc. items be deleted ? I am wondering what happens to my skins that I have stored on some normal or superior items, will I loose them ? 

As someone who shares your love of skins, I too lament about the loss of lower level gear. I think Kubei-DN is right in assuming they will re-rank the low level items to fit the new gear classifications. Personally, I think it is a shame that they are going to make it impossible for players to acquire any of the old skins. What they should do, is take all of the armor/weapon skins from the maps they plan to remove, and add them to the armor merchants in town. It would at least pacify those of us who have an affinity for the older style gear.

 

Edited by Voltric-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

I am 90% sure all old armour will still be around, and that the "reduced amount of grade for items" is only for items from this point on. Or so I recall to having heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 5:44 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Reorganization of fields

Level Field
1 -- 10 Poeta/Ishalgen
11 -- 40 Heiron/Beluslan
41 -- 55 Inggison/Gelkmaros
56 -- 75 Cygnea/Enshar
76 -- 80 Lakrum

 

So now all level players between 11 and 40 just get dumped together? That is going to be incredibly boring and monotonous. I don't want to be stuck in one stinking region for 30 levels. All the beautiful scenery: gone. Story-lines: gone. Unique creatures: gone. Thanks Korea for showing us that you could give two Shugo turds about the new/low level players. I really don't see any point in making new characters. Which in turn is bad for business because that means buying less items off the BCM.

Not to mention the potential PVP noob carnage.

Edited by Kemana-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The whole changes are to the benefit and design of brand new players.

They say that, but all they are really doing is pushing us to rush level so they can eventually get rid of even more low-level content. How is deleting regions of game content and lore an improvement? Its just boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirei-KT   
8 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

I don't want to be stuck in one stinking region for 30 levels.

Those 30 levels you speak of will probably equate to less than one hour of quests.

I too will miss those maps, but let's be fair. An Eltnen or Morheim with 3 players and an afk bot in the starting fortress is not going to promote the idea that Aion is an active and vivid game, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're a brand new player, the game is too big and too empty at the lower levels that it feels...bad and confusing. The maps were designed around a style of gameplay that is no longer used in Aion, and are big, underutilized, and, really, pointless. Streamlining the game to make it compact and friendly to new players is one of the ways of getting new players to bother to level to endgame without getting confused and discouraged by maps that are just slightly smaller than Texas and just as empty.

They're also updating and renovating the remaining maps, making them look less 2008, hypothetically.

The game has been endgame-focused for years. This isn't new. Now it's making the path to endgame cleaner, clearer, and easier to understand for nubsticks.

I understand people don't like the removal of maps and lore, and, tbqh, I don't entirely agree with it, but I can understand why they're choosing that route. Part of why I can't stand WoW is because it's gotten so big and confusing with all of its maps and lands and everything to where I don't know what to do without a guide and so many of the maps are empty anyway. Aion is like that right now, and it needs to be...crunched down a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have felt better if they were removing two regions instead of six. Deleting one per faction (or even two) instead of three would have gone down easier. If it was split between levels 11 - 25 and 26 - 40 it would feel less like being dumped off a waste management truck.

I actually like doing quests, so long as there is a story involved (the repeatable quests are pointless).

Edited by Kemana-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

I too will miss those maps, but let's be fair. An Eltnen or Morheim with 3 players and an afk bot in the starting fortress is not going to promote the idea that Aion is an active and vivid game, is it?

Pretty much this. I spend most of my time now leveling alts and lemme tell you those lower level maps right now are graveyards. Spend 3 hours in any one of those zones and maybe run into 3 other people that entire time. Not to mention watch 5 whole messages posted on LFG, (fast track.) 4 of which came from the same guy spamming for "hold group to solo". It quite literally feels like a solo rpg most of the time, at least until you visit your home capital.

If you're a brand new player, how could you not think the game was utterly dead?

6.0 couldn't possibly get here fast enough for my tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×