Forums

6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a lot of content int he 5.0-5.8 patches a lot more than 4.8 + 4.9 combined by a long shot, and the reason why we had breakable gear was because of massively increased success rates on enchanting gear as well as big enchant crits of +2, +3 and +4 and post amplification rates were increased. You could dump 200 omegas on level 65 and not see +20, but on archdaeva gear you could do it in 2 shots if you were lucky.

When 5.6 came however enchantment stones including omega and enchant crits took a nerf while greater supplements got buffed somewhat, noticeable when used on manastones but more important there was a server setting that applied to items where a combination of omega + greater supplements was 100% success rate which means no chance of failure meaning gear won't break and this is most significant starting at +6 enchant level. Post amplification got buffed success rates but no more crits.

Leveling became less important and more easier with each subsequent 5.x patch, with 5.8 where so many people have 6 +10 essence cores they only need to be what level 71 to use 75 skills, and the refurbished 3 man instances give a lot of easy XP to make getting to 75 significantly much less of a grind. Level reductions stones also help close the gap in level difference and the advantages of 75 are much less notable in 5.8 than they were in 5.1-5.3

What I enjoy about Aion the most is the lore, and 5.x lore is quite beautiful. I enjoy Iluma and Norsvold maps more than anything, but it's overshadowed by other complex things mentioned before. Now with 6.0 coming, it says the Archdaeva sacrifices himself (yet again) to save Atreia, meaning the first sacrifice was a prophecy of his actual death. If we have to follow the lore, it means the game itself is set in the past just few years after the Cataclysm and 6.0 is the true followup and "present" of the game (look at me make any sense lol).

Tbh I will miss Iluma/Norsvold the most, I just love those maps a lot and the music that comes with it.

But... if the current time is just a prophecy (if I understood you well), then it would mean that Tiamat (and other bosses we killed in this first after-cataclysm) could be still alive. Right? It could mean that all the lands that Beritra sunk... don't let me finish, you know where we could go starting with this.

It's all Munin's fault I know. That guy disappeared. He casted a spell on us (with Marchutan and that other perv of Kaisinel probing our mind). Aion knows who we really are.

At the first cataclism Siel protected the powers or essence of the archdaeva, but didnt protect the body. She enclosure those powers on a time/space bubble that only the worthy would be able to get (Fissure of Oblivion). If the actuall game is "few years after the first cataclism" also theres alot of info ingame that proves that wrong on timeline. Example: The elyos character wakes up with amnesia from an event passed AFTER the fist cataclism, since it was linked with Lord Lephar (Israphel). The Lepharists lore set them after the cataclism as response to it (humans lost confidence and respect by daevas). On asmodeans side, Munin was enclosured because talk and think too much, and the shadow court was built to stop and control that liberty (pretty much like we signing a contract with Karun and empyrean lords to never revel that Israphel was a traitor and lord Lephar). All this happened after the first cataclism and have indication of at least 1000 years after it.

As far i could see from videos of gameplay from 6.0, while making missions, not only that girl that walks with us as the lord that will be after doing the same, will take you to remember what happen till that point. Yes looks alot of a flashback since we see mentioned mirror of the past, memory rift, etc connected with those missions (Tiamats death, Beritra's..) in a way that says: we had a second almost cataclism and we may got a rock that knock us out and we need to recover from amnesia (for elyos is the second) to move foward.

the first "timeline" (1.x > 5.8) isn't a prophecy.
Due to the lack of ideas, NCsoft just did the same "sacrifice plot" nyerk again.

Firstly the Archdaeva protected Atreia against the possible destruction of the Tower of Eternity. And now (6.0) because Ereshkigal destroyed Reshanta.

I really dislike the way the Lore is going on 6.0 but lets wait and see. Threre are L O T S os redundancy points and lack of good content. 5.x was fine lorewise

1 hour ago, Sunix-DN said:

I really dislike the way the Lore is going on 6.0 but lets wait and see. Threre are L O T S os redundancy points and lack of good content. 5.x was fine lorewise

Yeah, it was fine til 5.x, but in 6.0, it feels like they tried to discard the whole lore from 5.x and make it anew, so it's either too hard or almost impossible to connect the pieces altogether. They should've just continued the lore.

I really enjoyed 5.3 to 5.8. The whole elaboration of the Ereshkigal saga was really fun. :P The Archdaeva story filled the gaps created as "suspense" for the original storyline. It just was not my main interest because Balaur > Everything.

I suppose it might be difficult to know, but will I be able to redo campaigns in an old pre 6.0? Or will it be the same deal as other times they have changed campaign storylines?

I love Ereshkigal's  lore. To be honest, I WANT MOREEEE

I would like to see more about Ereshkigal's past. Like the reason she's the "chosen" one, i think there's something Aion-related on it (not sure) cause she found one powerful piece of the Tower. 

I don't like the first cutscene she appears on Lakrun. Like she wanst powerful enough to unseal the arctifact. SHE IS FKIN ERESHIKAL AND SHE CAN DO ANYTHING SHE WANTSS AAAAAAAAAA

This almost seems like a remastering of the lore, which replaces the Cataclysm with Ereshkigal assaulting Atreia, and the Archdaeva sacrifices himself to stop it. However, we could still interpret this as being in line with the other lore if we say that the Archdaeva in question will actually be us, but we somehow survived sacrificing ourselves to stop Ereshkigal's attack.

I've always kept up with the game's lore, but even I gotta say that the lore was thrown in the garbage years ago. Nezekan and Triniel supposedly reunited and saved Kahrun, but now he's gone/dead or something. First we hear that the Cataclysm was the result of Zikel attacking Beritra during the peace talks, but now we hear that it's because Fregion randomly saw the Archdaeva's plot with Lady Siel to betray the Balaur during the peace talks, so Fregion just destroyed the Tower. First we hear that Siel and Israphel sacrificed themselves during the Cataclysm (Israphel faked his own death), but now we hear that The Archdaeva sacrificed themself, and then his power was preserved within the Archives Of Eternity by the Leibos. 

The devs stopped caring about the lore years ago; that's why "The Story of Ereshkigal - The Chosen Drakan" still calls Ereshkigal 'he', and that's just one example.

17 minutes ago, Raxu-KT said:

I've always kept up with the game's lore, but even I gotta say that the lore was thrown in the garbage years ago. Nezekan and Triniel supposedly reunited and saved Kahrun, but now he's gone/dead or something. First we hear that the Cataclysm was the result of Zikel attacking Beritra during the peace talks, but now we hear that it's because Fregion randomly saw the Archdaeva's plot with Lady Siel to betray the Balaur during the peace talks, so Fregion just destroyed the Tower. First we hear that Siel and Israphel sacrificed themselves during the Cataclysm (Israphel faked his own death), but now we hear that The Archdaeva sacrificed themself, and then his power was preserved within the Archives Of Eternity by the Leibos.

If I recall right, in 6.0 Kahrun has a much major rule around Cygnea/Enshar until player hits lvl 76. The game feels very much the same from lvl 1 to 75 (something like 4.9), but after that, Lakrum feels like it doesn't even belong there. It does give Kata/Dana vibes according to some, but it's just bizarre and out of place.

I agree with the saga of Kahrun and the Reians ending too fast and remaining as a dead point, but I wish to clarify some stuff. :P

ec2c994f6beff6636f30955ad4c0a5e2938dd570

10 minutes ago, Raxu-KT said:

First we hear that the Cataclysm was the result of Zikel attacking Beritra during the peace talks, but now we hear that it's because Fregion randomly saw the Archdaeva's plot with Lady Siel to betray the Balaur during the peace talks, so Fregion just destroyed the Tower.

No, the story behind the Cataclysm behind has always been "Some Daevas attacked a Dragon Lord, so the Balaur launched an attack on the Tower as revenge". Then we later found out Israphel and Beritra were working together with that conspiracy. Then in 5.0, we found out that as part of Israphel's plan, he fouled the Archdaeva into doing what he did, launching the attack against the Dragon Lord (might have been Beritra? Its been years. I remember this was a hot discussion for a long time).

18 minutes ago, Raxu-KT said:

First we hear that Siel and Israphel sacrificed themselves during the Cataclysm (Israphel faked his own death), but now we hear that The Archdaeva sacrificed themself, and then his power was preserved within the Archives Of Eternity by the Leibos. 

Israphel and Siel did their best, and so did the Archdaeva. The Archdaeva was nearly dead, so what she sealed inside the Tower was his memories of him being the reason behind the Cataclysm (which wasnt true, because Siel didnt know about Israphel's plot), and he was erased from history. Then Siel also sacrificed herself leaving behind the famous relics.

23 minutes ago, Raxu-KT said:

The devs stopped caring about the lore years ago; that's why "The Story of Ereshkigal - The Chosen Drakan" still calls Ereshkigal 'he', and that's just one example.

As a fanatic for Balaur lore, I always love when people point this out. This is a point which is somehow so ignored among people.

In the past, before 5.x, it can be assumed referring to Dragon Lords as males was based on the fact that Daevas had never seen the true gender of theirs, only big ass threatening Dragon forms. So, all Dragon Lords were assumed males as default. Then Tiamat and Ereshkigal received their genders as we got closer to them to know their Drakan forms. Tiamat was also a "him" for some time.

Time passed and the developers finally addressed this point at a certain point in 5.x when they released Ereshkigal's story, the comic which showed a bit of Ereshkigal's origin and the events that led to her escaping Drakenspire Depths and the addition of the Incarna/Sakraphes. Part of it showed several Drakan chanting at a Balaur egg, from which Ereshkigal was born. One of the Balaur there said "Its a male!". So, this basically implies that all Dragon Lords (not at that time) were born as males, then when they awakened into Dragon Lords, they gained their Dragon form and the shapeshift ability. So, that means they either choose their gender or (as SJW as it sounds) they identify as females. The texts they are referred to as males are ancient, going on par with the paragraph I posted above.

15 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

If I recall right, in 6.0 Kahrun has a much major rule around Cygnea/Enshar until player hits lvl 76. The game feels very much the same from lvl 1 to 75 (something like 4.9), but after that, Lakrum feels like it doesn't even belong there. It does give Kata/Dana vibes according to some, but it's just bizarre and out of place.

So, Reians fully established in Cygnea and Enshar? That is dope and I like it.

giphy.gif

Me whenever @Bryos-DN talks about lore because pretty sure we both would be talking about it for days to no end (and I'm lovin' it)

6 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

I don't think it's "fully established" but yeah, you definitely follow the Reian story in there a lot. There's a "special" NPC that leads you through the lore until you hit lvl 76 (and I know who those NPCs are but I ain't spoiling the surprise ;)) 

3 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I don't think it's "fully established" but yeah, you definitely follow the Reian story in there a lot. There's a "special" NPC that leads you through the lore until you hit lvl 76 (and I know who those NPCs are but I ain't spoiling the surprise ;)) 

Actually i was about to answer him about it without spoilers as well, but you beat me to it :P

Plus about Ereshkigal we had some books on library thet give a nice view. They mention beluslan fall with the frozen city, why Eres froze it and how she fast moved to the position of high drakan. I dont remember well, long time i red it, but she felted special enough to be a dragon lord, so she started doing "big" things for Fregion notice her. I need to search that again :P

Just now, Asmodir-DN said:

Actually i was about to answer him about it without spoilers as well, but you beat me to it :P

Let's not ;) I myself was caught by surprise and I enjoyed that.

1 minute ago, Bryos-DN said:

Damn, cannot believe I will be saying this but... I will definitely enjoy my stay in Enshar/Cygnea.

I actually always loved Cygnea and Enshar (especially Enshar) during 4.9. Good stuff.

Story went to crap ever since they made Ereshkigal a full on human, as oppose a to Drakan with you know a tail and other traits that make her a different species to humans. I guess sex sells in Korea.

Oh and also when they decided to destroy regions as oppose to leaving them be like other MMORPGs. Actually don't see why they actually needed to delete regions as a lore stand point, when they could have just easily kept them. Who cares if for some they barely see use, its okay to have some empty maps.

35 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

No, the story behind the Cataclysm behind has always been "Some Daevas attacked a Dragon Lord, so the Balaur launched an attack on the Tower as revenge". Then we later found out Israphel and Beritra were working together with that conspiracy. Then in 5.0, we found out that as part of Israphel's plan, he fouled the Archdaeva into doing what he did, launching the attack against the Dragon Lord (might have been Beritra? Its been years. I remember this was a hot discussion for a long time).

One of the early cutscenes/movies we have for Aion mentioned that Beritra "fell" (i.e. he was the target of the widely debated assassination attempt). Later we learn that this was most likely a ruse or theatrical performance he put up to trick the other Balaur into attacking, seeing as he was in on it with Israphel.

5.x was largely fine in terms of lore. It did end up tie up some long-present loose ends in Aion lore; my only complaint is that the ways in which it does so are often a bit murky. It's almost a retcon at times.

58 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

This would be nice to see. With all these same antics supposedly still going down years later it is pleasant to see at least some concrete evidence of the advancing of time in the game (e.g. the finished re-construction of Heiron Gate in 6.0. Or how about gliding down from Sanctum and checking out the buildings on the land underneath it, which later became Oriel in 3.0?). Just a pity we'll never see the renovated Impetesium now.

8 hours ago, Asmodir-DN said:

we need to recover from amnesia (for elyos is the second) to move foward.

The third time, to be precise. The Elyos player first lost the memories of his Archdaeva life. Then he lost the memories he gained in his early second life (Brigade General of the Mirage Legion), along with his Daeva status as he reverted back into a human. Then, after finally remembering both of these pasts, he sacrifices himself once more (pre-6.0) and starts over once again (players created after 6.0). This will be the third time the Elyos player has to recover from amnesia, or arguably even the fourth if you count Kaisinel's fancy brainwashing program during the 4.x campaign.

Tl;DR - The fate of you, the (Archdaeva) player, is alluded to the first time you did the Fissure of Oblivion via campaign quest. The catch is that what the orb at the end told you doesn't just apply to your present life/incarnation (Aion 1.0- 5.8) -- it applies to your very existence as a whole.

In other words, your fate is to be reborn into the world of Atreia over and over, to start from scratch and slowly regain the memories of your past lives each time, and then to throw it all away again once more to protect the world -- all in repentance of your past sin of allowing your pride to lead to the Tower of Eternity's destruction.

The never-ending story.

cvQemnk.png

Archived