6.0 info

Kubei-DN

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Agree with all that @Rakesh-DN said, and also...

I'm guessing no one has informed you that using omega enchantment stones and greater mythic supplements 100% guarantees that your gear will not break except on Master Harvester and 80AP gear (which don't break to begin with).

I spend money on this game -- not a lot, around $40-50 a month. I also have "p2w" friends; they are wonderful people and very helpful in game. So I agree with you that they are unfairly vilified a lot. However, you must recognize that not everyone has a lot of money to spend on games every month. That's just how life is. There has to be a limit to what people can buy. If the casual, free-to-play players leave the game, then the game just continues its steady descent into death.

I'm aware how to get 100% success but that wasn't always the case. It's an arbitrary means to fulfill players' desire for more stats with yet another add-on stat boost (which has gotten way out of hand) metered by money/time sink or even the destruction of the item (which is ridiculous, imo). It's a way for RNG to kick you down the ladder to keep you grinding and I just don't agree with that mechanic and I'm glad to see it go.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And thank you for spending your money and helping to keep a game I enjoy alive. I spend about the same, and the vibe I've gotten from many posts in this forum is that you're either f2p or p2w there's no in between. I've seen people on Aion and other f2p games boast about how they've never spent a cent on the game. Proud of what an eMooch they are.

@Blyte-DN the objection regarding minions is in part because devs made a point to (mostly) get rid of godstones with 6.0. This idea was well received. However, they then decided to reintroduce the function, but now in the form of minions. This made players unhappy because minions had already been criticised for being very strong and the back and forth made them such again, but in a way that involved an additional layer of disappointment.

As for storage - Aion doesn't let you unlock all that much of it. I personally enjoy keeping my stigmas, skins, crafting nonsense and other types of things on separate characters. My storage spaces are cleaner for it, and I know where to find what without having to root through 12 pets. The awkward trading restrictions are going to make moving trivial things around more cumbersome. One can argue in favor of paying for convenience, but one should also take into account that there's really not that much storage space we can buy with real money either (for characters that aren't newly created, that is).

The thing about RNG... Aion always has some RNG involved in progression. What changes is how it manifests. Used to be that manastones would explode, this changed. Instead, enchanting got harder. Then skill boosts. Then enchanting, but differently. Same jello, different mold.

45 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I'm kinda worried about AP farming from what i see to purify a ultimate weapon you need like 20 million AP (plus another 5M from ancient to legendary), is like 5 times the current necesary ammount. So my question is what will happen with AP relics? should i hoard them or exchange them now?

Since xp amounts are getting changed to be less grindy I'd think AP values will follow suit so it may not be as expensive as it seems. Just my guess.

22 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

@Blyte-DN the objection regarding minions is in part because devs made a point to (mostly) get rid of godstones with 6.0. This idea was well received. However, they then decided to reintroduce the function, but now in the form of minions. This made players unhappy because minions had already been criticised for being very strong and the back and forth made them such again, but in a way that involved an additional layer of disappointment.

As for storage - Aion doesn't let you unlock all that much of it. I personally enjoy keeping my stigmas, skins, crafting nonsense and other types of things on separate characters. My storage spaces are cleaner for it, and I know where to find what without having to root through 12 pets. The awkward trading restrictions are going to make moving trivial things around more cumbersome. One can argue in favor of paying for convenience, but one should also take into account that there's really not that much storage space we can buy with real money either (for characters that aren't newly created, that is).

The thing about RNG... Aion always has some RNG involved in progression. What changes is how it manifests. Used to be that manastones would explode, this changed. Instead, enchanting got harder. Then skill boosts. Then enchanting, but differently. Same jello, different mold.

My guess is that they want people to play their alts to gear up and also sell more cube expansion tickets/coins. I know the warehouse can only have so much space but that can easily change.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I'm kinda worried about AP farming from what i see to purify a ultimate weapon you need like 20 million AP (plus another 5M from ancient to legendary), is like 5 times the current necesary ammount. So my question is what will happen with AP relics? should i hoard them or exchange them now?

Just to give you an idea, winning Evergale Canyon after 6.0 gives you a crap load of AP. Basically, the value of AP has changed. 

On 2018-08-03 at 0:32 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

There are a lot less group pvp instances with the removal of OW and Kamar, however they all give ridiculous amounts of AP. 728k for idgel win, and forgot the numbers for harmony/discipline but they're very high compared to now, too. Even losing gives you tons more AP than any wins now.

Keep in mind you won't be purifying a whole set from gold to red (245M AP) the first day... it will take a long, long time to farm and, on top of that, to enchant to 15.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I cant stop  laughing. 

So the lesson we've learned today is that you can't run around in +0 gear because every single enchant level on every single item gives your character both pvp atk and pvp defense (and it's something like double after +10). Carry on.

Also the sw forgot power shards which make up for a looot of your dmg and heals in 6.x when they're turned on but yeah, gold tier with no hp, no socketing and no enchants vs purple with hp and enchanted... you're just asking for it. Must be why returning korean players who quit pre-5.8 or early 5.8 preferred to roll a character on one of the new servers, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

So the lesson we've learned today is that you can't run around in +0 gear because every single enchant level on every single item gives your character both pvp atk and pvp defense (and it's something like double after +10). Carry on.

Also the sw forgot power shards which make up for a looot of your dmg and heals in 6.x when they're turned on but yeah, gold tier with no hp, no socketing and no enchants vs purple with hp and enchanted... you're just asking for it. Must be why returning korean players who quit pre-5.8 or early 5.8 preferred to roll a character on one of the new servers, I suppose.

If we get gear handouts and no new server all the returning/new players are going to get slaughtered and quit week 1 never to return to this game again. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Disregard-DN said:

so they're essentially soft-resetting AP by making the amounts we earn 20x what we're used to?  lol I wonder if pvp AP will be increased a lot too...

It's not which is dumb because it disincentives world pvp outside of pvp mark dailies. Instead, on KR people p2w instance resets like dredge and gain millions of AP during the queue window.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Rakesh-DN said:

I can't tell you how upset I am about the trading restrictions. No matter how hard I try to stay positive  -- and I've come a long way since first reading about 6.0 -- I just can't get on board with it. It's bad enough I won't be able to trade any items between my storage account and my main account, but even after I trade all of my goods to my main account, I will still not be able to distribute them how I wish. Don't get me wrong, I understand the reason why they are getting rid of player-to-player transactions, but limiting what we can trade on our own accounts is a terrible inconvenience that is going to hurt a lot of players. I just think ncwest would be doing us a huge favor if they kept our account warehouses restriction-free.

I recently read that armor types (cloth, leather, chain and plate) are going to be class specific in 6.0 -- for example, Clerics can't wear cloth armor.  Is chain still considered an armor option for Templars and Glads, or is that armor now designated only for Chanters, Clerics and Aethertechs?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

I recently read that armor types (cloth, leather, chain and plate) are going to be class specific in 6.0 -- for example, Clerics can't wear cloth armor.  Is chain still considered an armor option for Templars and Glads, or is that armor now designated only for Chanters, Clerics and Aethertechs?

Thanks!

Chain can only be worn by clerics, chanters and aethertechs. Templars can only wear plate. All classes lose their first (for example, aethertechs who had leather proficiency due to being technists until level 10; gladiators who had chain proficiency due to being warriors until level 10) armor proficiency if their class after level 10 doesn't mainly wear that type of armor.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:23 PM, Capa-KT said:

Chain can only be worn by clerics, chanters and aethertechs. Templars can only wear plate. All classes lose their first (for example, aethertechs who had leather proficiency due to being technists until level 10; gladiators who had chain proficiency due to being warriors until level 10) armor proficiency if their class after level 10 doesn't mainly wear that type of armor.

thats awful. I have other gear skins on my templar for wearing as townwear. this is tragic news.

@Capa-KT Thank you so much for answering my question! Because they are removing so many of the old armor skins, I was planning on storing quite a few chain sets for my Templar to wear after the update. Now that I know for sure he won't be able to wear them, I won't waste my time.

@Disregard-DN It really is! I always hated the fact my Mage could only wear cloth armor while my other characters had more options. I realize stats are necessity when it comes to armor, but I'm not pvping all the time so it is nice to dress up in something different once in a while! I am very disappointed.

• 5 months later...

Archived