6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Between character/account-bound main currency and bots, I would rather have bots. Find a different way to combat them that doesnt change the core of the game. But to be fair, we have got used to having them around. Or rather lack of them, after they nerfed open world drops. That is a change I would be willing to go with; avoid normal mobs giving really good crap, stick valuable items to elites or something like that.

Off-topic, but did anyone notice a drastic increase of drops from open world mobs since 5.8? Might just be the returning player status though.

well no idea about gear drops but indeed they touched open world drops-

Patchnotes, Item section, point 22

22. Increased the drop chance for some crafting materials dropped by monsters.

7 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well... unless the translation is wrong or i'm really bad at english what i understand is that the Trade function will be completely removed, correct me if i'm wrong plox. Mi ingles no es muy bueno

I think trading between players is disabled, but it doesn't specifically say broker is also limited. That's my take on it though.

On 1/10/2018 at 0:14 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Either redesigned crafting system or we're sticking with Aetherforging.

Looks like all the Aetherforging mats are being deleted as well. 341 - 420 on the Crafting Materials List are most of the Aetherforging mats. So both systems are being scrapped.

So no Crafting system or a whole new one. I dunno.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Only 3 manastones max per equipment is available, and all 3 will be sealed.
  • They will introduce "Manastone Slot Expansion" and this item will allow you to open the sealed slots.

This sounds a whole lot like "Socketing Rods" common in Browser based games.

The inability to trade with other players and "Bound" currency are also frequently found in Browser games. That NCSoft has adopted them for AION makes me cringe.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:19 AM, Kubei-DN said:
  • Bracelets and Plumes will be replaced.
Items Level Item
Pure Plume 5 - 6 +10 Ancient Daeva Plume
  7 +15 Ancient Daeva Plume
  8 +10 Legendary Daeva Plume
  9 +15 Legendary Daeva Plume
  10+ +15 Legendary/Ultimate Daeva Plume
Kaisinel/Marchutan Bracelet 5 - 6     +10 Ancient Daeva Protector Bracelet
  7 +15 Ancient Daeva Protector Bracelet
  8 +10 Legendary Daeva Protector Bracelet
  9 +15 Legendary Daeva Protector Bracelet
  10+  +15 Legendary/Ultimate Daeva Protector Bracelet

I really hope that those who have normal Plume (below +10 enchant) or Pure Plume (below +4 enchant), or Bracelet (below +4 enchant) do also get to exchange their older ones with the newer ones.

6 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Looks like all the Aetherforging mats are being deleted as well. 341 - 420 on the Crafting Materials List are most of the Aetherforging mats. So both systems are being scrapped.

Aetherforging being possibly removed is expected, as its something specifically related to the Archdaeva System, which they are scraping (same would possibly apply on that Archdaeva Morphing System mechanic as well).

But i doubt they would remove the Crafting Professions mechanic (considering that not all designs have been deleted from Crafting Professions, like for example the Mount Design from Handicraft, i didn't see it in that listing of deleted designs), instead maybe they would reform it.

Maybe they would fuse Aetherforging with existing Crafting Professions, and make it more streamlined and less complex.

12 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Only kinah is bound, I presume some gears will be too, but other than that, items, consumables, mats and skins should still be tradeable.

The amount of bound stuff is also quite interesting for another reason: GameForge's model. If the best stuff will be account bound, there will be no reason to pay for a Gold Pack in the EU version, and since the 6.0 is quite a revolution (fast level up, a lot of items removed), many non US players could leave the NA servers. At least, I expect some transfer.

Also, they could give up their monthly fee and become really f2p (now or at some point in the future), to gain more players. We already passed to the f2p model, so we can't play this card anymore. Be careful NCWest.

EDIT: Thanks Kubei for keeping us updated

So, from what i understood, Ereshkigal destroys Abyss/Reshanta, and the fragments from there destroys alot of the land (this is the reasoning for removal of some of the areas).

In the meantime, the Archdaeva tried to protect the land from destruction and used up all of its power in order to save Atreia (thus the removal of the Archdaeva system).

I'll wait for subtitles from @Sidik-DN, thank you for posting that. I'll also add it to my first post =]

3 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

The amount of bound stuff is also quite interesting for another reason: GameForge's model. If the best stuff will be account bound, there will be no reason to pay for a Gold Pack in the EU version, and since the 6.0 is quite a revolution (fast level up, a lot of items removed), many non US players could leave the NA servers. At least, I expect some transfer.

Also, they could give up their monthly fee and become really f2p (now or at some point in the future), to gain more players. We already passed to the f2p model, so we can't play this card anymore. Be careful NCWest.

EDIT: Thanks Kubei for keeping us updated

While I agree and actually hope for that change, I mentioned before (in another post I think) that the developers usually have a deal with the publisher. The whole Gold Pack thing was an excuse by Gameforge to "prevent bots" however they lifted some restrictions in 5.0, meaning they had to by request, otherwise they'd still keep the same model as before. If 6.0 is going to make lots of things account/character bound, it'll mean the whole Gold Pack nonsense will have to disappear. Why?

Because Korea is going free to play. They will have to (better said, should) remove it otherwise people will question "why every other region has f2p but not Aion EU". I understand how the GP works and why people defend it now, however knowing the prices of those on EU servers are between 150m-180m kinah on broker, it does make very, very difficult for beginners to farm enough kinah to buy it, especially after I experienced sharp elitism on there. In their bcm, it's about 99 coins, which is like 10 euros. Aion EU shop is far more expensive than NA, that's for sure. Even if they want to keep GP, they should lower the price.

3 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

I really hope that those who have normal Plume (below +10 enchant) or Pure Plume (below +4 enchant), or Bracelet (below +4 enchant) do also get to exchange their older ones with the newer ones.

That will depend on how NCWest plans to make the exchange list, which they should announce before 6.0 hits and not after to avoid rage from players. Most Korean players have their stuff above +20 in gears and plumes/bracelets above +5.

10 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

This sounds a whole lot like "Socketing Rods" common in Browser based games.

The inability to trade with other players and "Bound" currency are also frequently found in Browser games. That NCSoft has adopted them for AION makes me cringe.

Probably merged crafting, because they mentioned "materials and designs can be traded through an agent", so we know it'll be there, but don't know how it'll look like. A lot of people from my legion are commenting how Aion 6.0 is starting to look like Blade and Soul.

5 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

Is this a good or bad thing? Honest question, I only played it for few days, not enough to make an opinion about that game.

I haven't played it much either (until lvl 17 until I got bored) but apparently the character/account bound is also part of BnS, same for gearing up, slots, etc.

2 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

In the meantime, the Archdaeva tried to protect the land from destruction and used up all of its power in order to save Atreia (thus the removal of the Archdaeva system).

I wonder if this means that "you", the player/Archdaeva, canonically died at the end of 5.X and that you are in fact playing as a new/other Daeva starting 6.0.

New prologues are nice, basically a recap of what happened between 3.0 and now. Beritra destroys 4 maps, Ereshkigal destroys an entire region, what is next? Fregion nukes Atreia and we start over from scratch on another planet? (hello Aion 2)

56 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

Is this a good or bad thing? Honest question, I only played it for few days, not enough to make an opinion about that game.

40 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I haven't played it much either (until lvl 17 until I got bored) but apparently the character/account bound is also part of BnS, same for gearing up, slots, etc.

In my opinion, (i have 6 characters on max lvl in BnS) it is good and bad, since the economy is kind of balanced there, for a good point at least. But what isnt tradable is ACCOUNT BOUND meaning you can pass it between the chars of same account. But gold is TRADABLE, and you even can buy gold with nccoins and can sell gold and get hongmoon coins wich allow you to buy from the store (like BCM). Also, you never were able to trade equip or soulshields (soulshileds are like armor on aion) not even within your characters, and its fairly easy to upgrade stuff.

Well analyse it from your point of view. And if you have any question, since you dont know BnS, Im happy to answer :)

It doesn't seem bad then. I've never liked that you can buy/farm exclusive gear with your main (especially pvp one) and then pass it to another alt. People should learn how to play a class, and farm it with that class imo. On the other hand, it's good to use the money that you earned playing the game, with any character you like (to buy skins, stones and minor equipment that doesn't require medals), so as I said before, the account bound for gold would be a good idea.

I know that GW2 allows the trade $ <-> gold, without any middleman, player to player. But there, there are no bots because the game is not f2p, and free accounts cannot sell almost anything. If the trade $ <-> gold works also for f2p games like BnS, that's interesting. How's that the game is not filled with bots if people can freely trade currency?

29 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

It doesn't seem bad then. I've never liked that you can buy/farm exclusive gear with your main (especially pvp one) and then pass it to another alt. People should learn how to play a class, and farm it with that class imo. On the other hand, it's good to use the money that you earned playing the game, with any character you like (to buy skins, stones and minor equipment that doesn't require medals), so as I said before, the account bound for gold would be a good idea.

I know that GW2 allows the trade $ <-> gold, without any middleman, player to player. But there, there are no bots because the game is not f2p, and free accounts cannot sell almost anything. If the trade $ <-> gold works also for f2p games like BnS, that's interesting. How's that the game is not filled with bots if people can freely trade currency?

Theres a detail that helps answer this: mobs dont drop money, tho you win like 1 cent each kill; they dont drop anything on free world. Drops are from bosses/instances and quests!!! thats why no bots. It isnt a grind game on open world.

Plus i have a question for Kubei: Korea mentioned deleting all of our gear to replace? I mean, you are using a harvester set. when you login on 6.0 you will be naked? loosing even the skins??? i see alot stuff being said and i cant filter what will go for sure. Wanna know if im spending my few time on stuff just be loosing it in 6 months....

Archived