6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

You do know that they are removing stats like 'Stun Resist' and 'Stun Penetration' (never figured out what it actually did).

So, the nerf is actually acceptable (can't say by how much, but still its ok), since they had to balance it with the removed stats.

Just think, if they didn't nerf the current 'Stun' rate and kept it as it is in 6.0 while removing 'Stun Resist' stat, then wouldn't Chanter's (and to some extent any class that has 'Stun' skills) become a broken class?

I'm not talking about the stun rate; I'm talking about the stun duration. Those 4 seconds of being in the stunned state make a huge difference, whether it's for weaving in free DPS or locking people down. Physical CC is a chanter's trump card, and they basically took that away with this nerf :( 

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Got some new info from Kelekelio on EU forums. I guess the guy has some sort of access to 6.0 database, so it's really helpful to know how Korea will work this out.

• Kinah isn't fully removed. On Wednesday (yes, this Wednesday), all kinah will be converted into icon_item_goldbar_01.png 금괴 (lit. Gold Bar), but quests still give kinah and you need kinah to buy items.
  • There will be a new UI where you can "sell" kinah for the icon_item_goldbar_01.png 금괴 and later use these gold bars to buy manastones and other related items. 
  • See https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC:837033 as it shows what will you be able to buy from it.

They're keeping 3 grades for enchantment stones like we have now (normal, shining, omegas)

icon_item_enchant_pve_a01.png 고대의 PvE 강화석

icon_item_enchant_pve_r01.png 전설의 PvE 강화석

icon_item_enchant_pve_f01.png 궁극의 PvE 강화석

Well, at least kinah won't be rendered COMPLETELY useless.

Now, about the enchantment stones.... what will players do with the ones they acquire through the collection of enchantment stone dust? Will those be usable after the update? I believe I heard we will be able to exchange items like enchantment stones and tempering solutions after the update, but it would be nice to have an idea of what the exchange rate will be.

57 minutes ago, Rinkusan-KT said:

I'm not talking about the stun rate; I'm talking about the stun duration. Those 4 seconds of being in the stunned state make a huge difference, whether it's for weaving in free DPS or locking people down. Physical CC is a chanter's trump card, and they basically took that away with this nerf :( 

Have you seen the Daevanion skills for Chanter? 2 skils with 4 sec stun duration with 12 sec CD,  and 2 stumble skills with 8 sec CD, i think that is a really good amount of CC

ch_mortalstrike_custom_a.png&key=47f712a Penetrating Ripple

Inflicts physical damage on a target within 25m radius and stuns it for 4s at a certain rate. For 5s, increases Movement Speed, Casting Speed and Attack Speed of group members within 25m radius by 25%.  12 sec CD

ch_mortalstrike_custom_b.png&key=5bb9c72Penetrating Darkness

Inflicts physical damage on a target within 25m radius and stuns it for 4s at a certain rate. If you hit this skill as a critical hit, increases the stun rate of this skill to 100%. 12 sec CD

ch_rapidthrust_custom_a.png&key=4d0fa5c9Continuous chime

Inflicts physical damage on a target and reduces its Movement Speed. If you hit this skill as a critical hit, an additional Stun effect is activated. Repeatable 2 times. 8 sec CD

ch_rapidthrust_custom_b.png&key=beece94dUnceasing Strike

Inflicts physical damage on enemies within 10m radius and causes Stumble at a certain rate. 8 sec CD

19 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Have you seen the Daevanion skills for Chanter? 2 skils with 4 sec stun duration with 12 sec CD,  and 2 stumble skills with 8 sec CD, i think that is a really good amount of CC

Inflicts physical damage on a target within 25m radius and stuns it for 4s at a certain rate. For 5s, increases Movement Speed, Casting Speed and Attack Speed of group members within 25m radius by 25%.  12 sec CD

Inflicts physical damage on a target within 25m radius and stuns it for 4s at a certain rate. If you hit this skill as a critical hit, increases the stun rate of this skill to 100%. 12 sec CD

Inflicts physical damage on a target and reduces its Movement Speed. If you hit this skill as a critical hit, an additional Stun effect is activated. Repeatable 2 times. 8 sec CD

Inflicts physical damage on enemies within 10m radius and causes Stumble at a certain rate. 8 sec CD

So I guess what I'm confused about is whether these daevonian skills share CD with existing skills (e.g. does penetrating ripple share CD with inescapable judgement?). 

Because if they do share CD's, then the nerf basically doesn't affect us at end-game, which I think is perfectly fine.

Thank you for this thread OP! Great work in translations.

For the most part I have quit AION for a long time now. I tried to come back numerous times throughout the years, even spending some money in an attempt to jump-start the comeback. In the end, I ultimately decided that I wouldn't be able to be as competitive I once was because of the inability to gear, even through hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Every patch seemed to put people who spent the most far above the average player and it seemed there was no end in sight and they were turning this game into a disaster P2W retard-fest.

I've not gamed much since quitting AION. I have played Black Desert Online and FFXIV since, and I am happy to see that AION 6.0 is adopting A LOT of the best aspects of Black Desert Online. From what I've read, and what I experienced, I think you will all end happy about the changes. I know many people are afraid of the Kinah trading limitations, but it is a sure-fire way to prohibit RMT disproportion among players. BDO has one of the best, healthiest in-game economies I have ever witnessed in a game. The questing system that AION is introducing (A rip off of the Black Spirit in BDO) will be great for new players, providing step by step run-downs of quests and guidance. I found that people I got into AION often had no idea what was going on, rushing to end game with awful gear and no idea how to properly optimize stats for different things. Because of this, I witness players in game that have no idea how they are suppose to play their class. They are not use to using many skills, and overall lack the basic game knowledge to function in a late game environment, let along PVP. This is partly because of AION's complete breakdown of the leveling system, catering to veteran players with alts and opting new players into a "too fast for their own good" grind leaving them clueless and mechanic-less.

I am so happy to see the upcoming changes. It seems after BDO's insane asia and western success, NCSoft has decided to almost completely mimic the game's model while maintaining classic AION gameplay and PVP. I am excited to see if they can be successful in the launch and marketing to old customers.

10 hours ago, Sunix-DN said:

Reveal hidden contents

Aion 6.0
CHANTER: Class Rebalance

• New passive Skill: Boost Magic Defense
- Increases Magic Defense by 90 points

• Protection Ward:
- Cooldown reduced from 2 minutes to 1 minute
- Increased duration from 10s to 12s
- New effect: increases Magic Defense by 750 points

• Pledge of Earth:
- Nerf in Attack Speed reduction. From 50% to 20%
- Nerf in casting speed reduction. From 50% to 20%

• Chained Crush:
- Reduction of cooldown. From 30s to 8s

• Perfect Shield:
- Increased the Parry amount from 2 to 3
- New effect: Increases Magic Defense by 350 points

• Echoed Raze:
- Cooldown reduced from 30s to 16s

• Seismic Crash:
- Cooldown reduced from 30s to 16s

• Winter Circle:
- Now costs 4k DP
- New effect: Attack Power + 30%
- New effect: +500 Healing Boost
- New effect: Speed +20%
- New Effect: Atk Speed +20%

• Curtain of Light:
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 2 minutes
- Bocks a 50% of all Damages. Max. 20.000 Damage
- New effect: +300 Silence Resist
- New effect: +300 Stumble Resist
- New effect: +200 Healing Boost

• Parrying Strike:
- New range: 15m

• Numbing Blow:
- New range: 15m

• Inescapable Jugdment
- Stun duration reduced from 4s to 2s if the target is a player

• Infernal Blaze
- Cooldown increased from 24s to 1 minute
- Stun Rate is 100%

• Pentacle Shot
- Trigger Rate increased from 10% to 100%
- Cooldown increased from 8s to 1 minute

• Stamina Restoration:
- Cooldown reduced from 1 minutes to 30s

• Meteor Shot
- Cooldown reduced from 8s to 5

• Incandescent Blow
- Cooldown reduced from 8s to 5

• Blessing of Wind
- Increased duration from 30s to 1 minute
- Increased base damage
- New effect: Attack Power +12%

• Word of Quickness
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes

• Celerity Mantra
- The Revival Mantra effect was fused to this skill

• Elemental Screen
- New effect: Increase Defense and Magic Defense by 1300 points

• Word of Protection
- Increased duration from 15s to 1 minute
- Nerf on Stun Resist. From 500 points to 250

• Soul Lock
- Removal of Stun and Stumble conditions to be used

• Word of Life
- Big boost in its base recovery

Removed Skills:

• Tremor
• Stilling Word
• Winged Mantra
• Revival Mantra
• Hit Mantra
• Rage Spell
• Ascencion Spell / Lucidity 

• Winter Circle:
- Now costs 4k DP
- New effect: Attack Power + 30%
- New effect: +500 Healing Boost
- New effect: Speed +20%
- New Effect: Atk Speed +20%

Chanters now have their own Mau Form.
This looks hella broken for me lol

Is there something like this for all classes? Like, a link with them all?

16 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Pffft, "insane western success", sure.

Over 8 million in sales, and in only a few months on Steam sold to over 400K players (and that was months ago) and it has maintained a top ten seller spot on Steam since release. The game is an undeniable success and the changes to the MMO industry since have proved it. Including the obvious mimics by NCSoft. I no longer play BDO and I'm not trying to "white knight" it, but, denying its success isn't healthy ^.~ . FFXIV and BDO, with the obvious exception of WoW, are the only games that are maintaining, and increasing in players. Every other game is bleeding players, and AION is quite frankly irrelevant on the scale. (Hence the massive changes)

That being said, the people completely negative about the changes make me laugh. Many of you mad about the changes are the reason this game went to shit, the unbelievable tilt towards RNG and the never-ending defending of NCWest and NCSoft's catastrophically bad changes to the game that caused a game that released with over 1 million subscribers day one to become an unsustainable, P2W, garbage mess, and even on its brink of death you defend and call the game playable, claim gearing is easy, claim leveling is easy... Some people need to get their head out of the sand, this game is utterly shit in its current state and going nowhere fast. The only people playing full time for the past few years have been getting milked dry by awful mechanics, a boring repetitive late-game and PVP that has dwindled down to who has the biggest wallet. It's sad to see a game I once cherished, turn in to this colossal disappointment.

49 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Over 8 million in sales, and in only a few months on Steam sold to over 400K players (and that was months ago) and it has maintained a top ten seller spot on Steam since release. The game is an undeniable success and the changes to the MMO industry since have proved it. Including the obvious mimics by NCSoft. I no longer play BDO and I'm not trying to "white knight" it, but, denying its success isn't healthy ^.~ . FFXIV and BDO, with the obvious exception of WoW, are the only games that are maintaining, and increasing in players. Every other game is bleeding players, and AION is quite frankly irrelevant on the scale. (Hence the massive changes)

Dude what success you're talking about..

Servers ain't even full at evening within that mystic release as it was 8 months ago. (A complete flop since they announced Ran btw)

And those who are sometimes full are actually the rookies servers.. Rookies servers where you can only stay there for 30 days.

That game is slowly dying people getting tired with the boring grinding and the crazy RNG.

Ain't even endgame on this thing.

Graphics don't make it all.

The success you're talking about is because of its release and the periodical classes release : just as it is for regular games.

The funniest part comes where the most interesting thing, the only thing that worth in this game, can be done while being afk : the jobs.

So basically : you play without playing.

This is probably the change to the MMO industry you were taking about weren't you? 

That game is a joke. Good only for trying. And afk on purpose.

----------

I haven't even pointed that these "full" servers you see on the servers list, except for rookies ones, are actually servers where people are mostly afk, due to jobs that you can do while being afk.

This is the reason why you feel alone in the maps most of the case but cities are always crowded like crazy. 

Just have a look to the fishers in Heidel and Velia and people around warehouses. 

A joke. That game is a joke.

The rest of skill changes for Cleric, Assassin, Ranger, Templar and Songweaver. Also wanna add a few extra deleted skills to gladiator that I didn't notice in my previous post. No gunner or AT because nyerk those two. Again, I based this entirely on the skill lists provided by powerbook, none of it is final and / or officially released. Note also that stats and damage calculation has been largely reworked.

Cleric
Skill Changes:
⦁    Power Smash: Now costs MP.
⦁    Electro Bolts: CD 2s (previously 14s)
⦁    Blessed Shield: Creates a protective shield that has a 100% chance to absorb up to 5900 damage for 20s. Boosts the effects of all healing-type skills by 256%% while in effect. CD 1m (previously 2m)
⦁    Punishing Earth: Inflicts 893 magical earth damage on a target within 25m radius.CD 2s (previously 16s), cast time 1.5s. (previously 2.5s)
⦁    Immortal Shroud: Creates a protective shield that has a 10% chance to absorb up to 9500 damage for 4s. Increases resistances to Stumble and Silence while in effect. CD 1m30 (previously 3m)
⦁    Divine Spark: CD 14s (previously 16s)
⦁    Chastise: CD 12s (previously 16s)
⦁    Infernal Blaze: Inflicts 902 magical wind damage on a target within 25m radius, and there is a chance of stunning the target temporarily. CD 1m
⦁    Amplification: Increases Magical Attack and Heal Boost by 708 and 1100 respectively for 10s.
⦁    Retribution Lightning: CD 14s (previously 30s)
⦁    Chain of Suffering: cast time 3s (previously 2s)
⦁    Call Lightning: Inflicts 5960 magical wind damage on a target within 25m radius. cast time 2.5s, CD 1m
⦁    Sacrificial Power: Increases Magical Acc and Magical Attack by 1500 and 500 respectively and decreases Heal Boost by 150 while active. Active Skill.
⦁    Impervious Veil: CD 2m (previously 3m)
⦁    Benevolence: Heal Boost increases by 700, and 10% more MP is consumed while the skill is in use. Active Skill.
⦁    Remove Shock: CD 30s (previously 1m)
⦁    Sage's Wisdom: CD 1m (previously 3m)
⦁    Smite: Skill removed.
⦁    Flashbolt: Skill removed.
⦁    Slowing Hammer: Skill removed.
⦁    Hallowed Strike: Skill removed.
⦁    Flash of Healing: Skill removed.
⦁    Aero Snare: Skill removed.
⦁    Storm of Vengeance: Skill removed.
⦁    Life Curtain: Skill removed.
⦁    Penance: Skill removed.
⦁    Healing Wind: Skill removed.
⦁    Stability: Skill removed.
⦁    Salvation: Skill removed.
⦁    Brilliant Protection: Skill removed.
⦁    Splender of Flight: Skill removed.
⦁    Light of Rejuvenation: Skill removed.

Templar (there are some very odd "100000%"s here, those might by errors)
Skill Changes:
⦁    Aether Leash: CD 20s. (previously 30s)
⦁    Entangling Chains: CD 50s (previously 1m)
⦁    Body Smash: CD 5s (previously 12s)
⦁    Blood Pact/Bloodwind Slash: CD 5s (previously 8s (12s through Body Smash).)
⦁    Berserker's Rage: Increases your Movement and Flight Speed by 60, Immobilization Resist by 500, and Reduce Speed Resist by 500 for 10s. Advanced Charge Skill. CD 1m50. (previously 3m)
⦁    Ferocious Strike: CD 5s (previously 10s, applies to Robus Blow and Wrath Strike as well.)
⦁    Bodyguard: CD 1m, effect duration reduced to 15s. (previously 2m, 30s respectively)
⦁    Judgement: CD 1m30
⦁    Rage: Skill removed.
⦁    Slash Artery: Skill removed.
⦁    Divine Blow: Has a 100% chance of activating Judgement.
⦁    Holy Punishment: Skill removed.
⦁    Prayer of Freedom: CD 2m (previously 3m)
⦁    Iron Skin: Removes all debuffs from you and reduces the damage inflicted on you by 10000000% for 10s. CD 2m. (previously 3m)
⦁    Howl of Wrath: Skill removed.
⦁    Holy Shield: For 30s, reflects 584 damage to enemies within 20m when attacked.  CD 1m.
⦁    Eternal Denial: Decreases the damage received by 50000%% and significantly reduces movement speed for [[e1.snare.RemainTime]]. The protective shield blocks up to 50000 damage. CD 3m.
⦁    Prayer of Victory: Increases HP of the caster and up to 5 additional Alliance members within a 30m radius by 2600 for 3m. CD 5m
⦁    Empyrean Providence: Creates a protective shield for 10s that has a 10% chance of blocking damage each time caster and up to 6 allies within 30m radius receive all attack, and also increases Stun, Knock Back, Stumble, Spin, and Aerial Thrust Resistance Values by 1000. (The protective shield blocks 10000000% of the damage received per attack.) CD 7m. (previously 10m)
⦁    Panoply of Protection: Shields party members for 8s, creates a shield with a 10% chance to block 5000 damage per attack up to a total damage of 5000. Party members within 25m are shielded each time they receive all attack. CD 30s.
⦁    Barricade of Steel: Increases Immobilization Resist by [[e2.Statup.value]], Reduce Speed Resist by [[e2.Statup.value2]]%%, Magic Resist by [[e2.Statup.value3]], and Fear Resist by 200, and reflects 1500 damage back to an enemy within m radius who uses s. Can't jump while the skill is in effect and using another skill deactivates this skill. Requires a shield. Active Skill. CD 30s. (previously 6s)
⦁    Courageous Shield: After a successful shield defense or magic resistance, increases your [] by 100%, [] by [] , and [] by [] for 00s. [Buggy stuff, from the looks of it, it might increase defensive stats now rather than offensive.] CD 8s
⦁    Aether Armor: Increases Magic Resist by 2200 for 30s. CD 3m.
⦁    Unwavering Devotion: Effect duration 30s, CD 1m (previously 1m30, 3m respectively)
⦁    Empyrean Fury: Increases Physical Damage, Magical Acc, and by 15%, 1000, and [], respectively, for 30s. CD 1m30.
⦁    Empyrean Armor: Heals you for 20% and increases your HP by 50%, and Natural Healing by 50 for 1m. In addition, you receive less damage when you are attacked by an enemy player. CD 3m.
⦁    Stubborn Spirit: Skill removed.
⦁    Reroute Power: Skill removed.
⦁    Refresh Spirit: Skill removed.

Spiritmaster
Skill changes:
⦁    Aetherphase Contract: CD 1m30 (previously 3m)
⦁    Backdraft: CD 18s (previously 24s)
⦁    Infernal Blight: Decreases Magical Defense, Physical Defense and Magic Resist of a target within 25m by 470, 800 and 700 respectively for 30s. CD 1m
⦁    Spirit's Empowerment: Increases your Magical Acc by 1080, Magical Attack by 520, and Magical Defense by 480 for 2m. Also increases HP by 30%, Speed by 10%, and magical attack by 10%. These buffs disappear when you summon a Spirit. CD 1m.
⦁    Curse of Water/Fire: CD 3m36s (previously 5m)
⦁    Cloaking Word: CD 1m (previously 3m)
⦁    Fear [Ginseng]: CD 22s (previously 30s)
⦁    Summoning Alacrity: CD 30s (previously 1m)
⦁    Vengeful Backdraft: Skill removed.
⦁    Withering Gloom: Reduces the maximum HP and maximum MP of a target within 25m by 4000 for 1m. It can be dispelled. CD 1m
⦁    Command: Spirit Barrier:     Commands the spirit to use its barrier skill. The spirit creates a protective shield to protect the caster and nearby allies (the shield blocks a total of 7200 damage). CD 1m30
⦁    [All Spirit Summons]: !COULD BE WRONG! No more cooldown, Cast instantly
⦁    Wing Root: Skill removed.

Ranger [A lot of skills removed here, some might be errors...]
Skill Changes:
⦁    Blessing of Nature: Increases HP by 3528, Natural Healing by 400 and Natural Mana Treatment by 150. Recovery effect increased by 10% Active Skill. Advanced Breath of Nature Skill
⦁    Nightmare Trap: CD 1m (previously 1m30)
⦁    Holy Arrow: CD 24s (previously 1m)
⦁    Feint: CD 1m30s (previously 3m)
⦁    Lethal Arrow: Cast instantly.
⦁    Dodging: For 1m, your Evasion increases by 1005.
⦁    Light Arrow: CD 1m (previously 1m30)
⦁    Speed of the Wind: Increases your Speed by 18%, Crit Strike by 1002, and the Attack of Bow by 10% for 30s. CD 1m30s
⦁    Strong Shots: Increases Attack of Bow by 10% for 1m.
⦁    Nature's Resolve: CD 1m30 (previously 3m)
⦁    Bow of Blessing: CD 2m30s (previously 3m)
⦁    Advanced Eye: CD 2m (previously 5m)
⦁    Poisoning Trap: Skill removed.
⦁    Spike Trap: Skill removed.
⦁    Spike Bite Trap: Skill removed.
⦁    Hunter's Eye: Skill removed.
⦁    Aiming: Skill removed.
⦁    Dizzying Arrow: Skill removed.
⦁    Propelling Trap: Skill removed.
⦁    Fighting Withdrawal: Skill removed.
⦁    Spread Shot: Skill removed.
⦁    Calming Whisper: Skill removed.
⦁    Fleshcutter Arrow: Skill removed.
⦁    Manaleech Shot: Skill removed.
⦁    Misery Arrow: Skill removed.
⦁    Arrow Storm: Skill removed.
⦁    Heal Wings: Skill removed.
⦁    Tactical Retreat: Skill removed.

Assassin
Skill Changes:
⦁    Slayer of Darkness: Transforms you for 40s into a Slayer of Darkness. While you are transformed, your Magic Resist increases by 707, Magical Acc by 1000, and HP by 5000. Your weapon's shooting range increases by 2m and your MP recovery more quickly. Additionally, for 15s, the skill you use can carry out a critical effect 1 time(s). CD 2m
⦁    Flash of Speed: CD 1m30s (previously 3m)
⦁    Swift Edge: CD 5s (previously 7s) (applies to chain skills as well.)
⦁    Dash and Slash: CD 1m30 (previously 3m)
⦁    Blinding Burst: Blinds enemies within 15m and decreases their Magical Acc by 505 for 7s - 12s. CD 1m30
⦁    Flurry: Increases your Atk Speed by 20% and Crit Strike by 1500 for 30s. CD 2m
⦁    Oath of Accuracy: Increases your Accuracy by 1500, and Magical Acc by 1500 for 20s. CD 3m
⦁    Apply Deadly Poison: Removed cooldown.
⦁    Blind Side: Skill removed.
⦁    Signet Silence: Skill removed.
⦁    Divine Strike: Skill removed.
⦁    Triniel/Vaizel's Dirk: Skill removed.
⦁    Blood Rune: Skill removed.
⦁    Cyclone Slash: Skill removed.
⦁    Evasive Boost: Skill removed.
⦁    Killer's Eye: Skill removed.
⦁    Weakening Blow: Skill removed.
⦁    Searching Eye: Skill removed.
⦁    Crashing Wind Strike: Skill removed.
⦁    Spelldodging: Skill removed.

Songweaver
Skill Changes:
⦁    Mvt. 1: Spring: Increases Stun, Knock Back, Stumble, Spin, and Aerial Thrust Resistance Values by 1000 for 7s. If attacked by a PC, less extra damage is suffered. CD 1m
⦁    Song of Ice: CD 8s (previously 12s)
⦁    Song of Fire: CD 8s (previously 10s)
⦁    Mvt. 2: Summer: Increases Fear Resist by 400, and Sleep Resist and Paralysis Resistance by 500 for 5m. CD 30s
⦁    Mvt. 4: Autumn: Increases Stumble Resist and Knockback Resist by 300, and Silence Resistance by 500 for 5m. CD 30s
⦁    Stinging Note: Inflicts 696 magical earth damage on a target within 25m radius, and decreases the target's Magic Resist by 130 and Magical Defense by 1300 for 8s.
⦁    Delusional Dirge: Decreases Physical Attack and Magical Damage of a target within 25m radius by 170 and 1200 respectively for [[e1.Statdown.RemainTime]].
⦁    Requiem: CD 22s (previously 30s)
⦁    Freestyle: CD 22s (previously 30s)
⦁    Dragon Song: Skill removed.
⦁    Minstrel's Flair: Skill removed.
⦁    Soaring Sonnet: Skill removed.
⦁    Chorus of Fortitude: Skill removed.
⦁    Ode to Friendship: Skill removed.
⦁    Resonant Counterpoint: Skill removed.
⦁    Composer's Bar: Skill removed.

Gladiator

More deleted skills: Empyrean Blessing, Daevic Fury, Tumultous Surge, Roiling Hack, Mocking Blast, Whirling Advance, Rage, Rupture, Ferocity, Crashing Blow.

Forgot a few removed Spiritmaster skills:

⦁    Spirit Wrath Position
⦁    Spirit Erosion
⦁    Blade of Earth
⦁    Disenchant
⦁    Divine Spirit Armor
⦁    Spirit Absorption

And a small error under Templar; Howl of Wrath has to be Battle Call, additionally Empyrean Chastisement and Empyrean Shield have also been removed.

4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

the first 2 skills you mentioned is just only one skill. you can choose one or another but not both. as you  saw on the lvl 80 skills list there are about 6 listed for each class but they are in fact 3 skills and 2 variations of each. btw this penetrating skill is the old ij nothing new.

3 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

Thank you for this thread OP! Great work in translations.

For the most part I have quit AION for a long time now. I tried to come back numerous times throughout the years, even spending some money in an attempt to jump-start the comeback. In the end, I ultimately decided that I wouldn't be able to be as competitive I once was because of the inability to gear, even through hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Every patch seemed to put people who spent the most far above the average player and it seemed there was no end in sight and they were turning this game into a disaster P2W retard-fest.

I've not gamed much since quitting AION. I have played Black Desert Online and FFXIV since, and I am happy to see that AION 6.0 is adopting A LOT of the best aspects of Black Desert Online. From what I've read, and what I experienced, I think you will all end happy about the changes. I know many people are afraid of the Kinah trading limitations, but it is a sure-fire way to prohibit RMT disproportion among players. BDO has one of the best, healthiest in-game economies I have ever witnessed in a game. The questing system that AION is introducing (A rip off of the Black Spirit in BDO) will be great for new players, providing step by step run-downs of quests and guidance. I found that people I got into AION often had no idea what was going on, rushing to end game with awful gear and no idea how to properly optimize stats for different things. Because of this, I witness players in game that have no idea how they are suppose to play their class. They are not use to using many skills, and overall lack the basic game knowledge to function in a late game environment, let along PVP. This is partly because of AION's complete breakdown of the leveling system, catering to veteran players with alts and opting new players into a "too fast for their own good" grind leaving them clueless and mechanic-less.

I am so happy to see the upcoming changes. It seems after BDO's insane asia and western success, NCSoft has decided to almost completely mimic the game's model while maintaining classic AION gameplay and PVP. I am excited to see if they can be successful in the launch and marketing to old customers.

saying something like this and that is a rip off of bdo and other new games is proving ignorance. ncsoft already had lots of these ideas implemented in their older games and lets not forget their first online game came out in 1998, they are not new and inexperienced with game economies.

2 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

That sucks that they are removing Traps. That was the only variation from shooting for Rangers.

Damn i like Traps ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now seriously with so many skill removed i have no idea how i will be able to do a Bury

⦁    Poisoning Trap: Skill removed.
⦁    Dizzying Arrow: Skill removed.
⦁    Fleshcutter Arrow: Skill removed.

4 hours ago, Cosmos-KT said:

Assassin

Skill Changes:
⦁    Slayer of Darkness: Transforms you for 40s into a Slayer of Darkness. While you are transformed, your Magic Resist increases by 707, Magical Acc by 1000, and HP by 5000. Your weapon's shooting range increases by 2m and your MP recovery more quickly. Additionally, for 15s, the skill you use can carry out a critical effect 1 time(s). CD 2m
⦁    Flash of Speed: CD 1m30s (previously 3m)
⦁    Swift Edge: CD 5s (previously 7s) (applies to chain skills as well.)
⦁    Dash and Slash: CD 1m30 (previously 3m)
⦁    Blinding Burst: Blinds enemies within 15m and decreases their Magical Acc by 505 for 7s - 12s. CD 1m30
⦁    Flurry: Increases your Atk Speed by 20% and Crit Strike by 1500 for 30s. CD 2m
⦁    Oath of Accuracy: Increases your Accuracy by 1500, and Magical Acc by 1500 for 20s. CD 3m
⦁    Apply Deadly Poison: Removed cooldown.
⦁    Blind Side: Skill removed.
⦁    Signet Silence: Skill removed.
⦁    Divine Strike: Skill removed.
⦁    Triniel/Vaizel's Dirk: Skill removed.
⦁    Blood Rune: Skill removed.
⦁    Cyclone Slash: Skill removed.
⦁    Evasive Boost: Skill removed.
⦁    Killer's Eye: Skill removed.
⦁    Weakening Blow: Skill removed.
⦁    Searching Eye: Skill removed.
⦁    Crashing Wind Strike: Skill removed.
⦁    Spelldodging: Skill removed.

Interesting. Lots of keybinds saved (***Looking at you; shift+alt+1/2/3/4)

Here is my thought about the kinah and trade changes, after some long time thinking about it.

First of all, I dont really like it. It is just too different. It seems like a change too drastic to implement on a game that has been around so long and its players have based their playtime around on the thing they are trying to remove. They are tying to "fix the economy", and this might just be me, but, it is more like a non-issue. Who cares if there is inflation or whatever in-game? Unlike real life, you can farm everything. Dont feel like doing it? Save up, by selling supplements, selling materials, selling gear (or at least until gear becomes untradeable again), selling stigmas or event items. The only ones affected by a "bad economy" are new and returning players, and they can catch up fast with others if they play smart. So, yes, I really dont see a problem with that. More so, to my eyes, it is not a bad economy, it is a changing economy.

Then the other reason is fighting RMT. While I do see this as an effective method against them, there are way less game-changing ways, such as what we had made to us. Kill all drops from open world and see bots die of starvation. Or maybe not killing it completely, but kinah and special drops to only comes form mobs bots cannot kill repeatedly, like bosses. The character-bound currency is not perfect either. Maybe you will give RMT a fight, but they could just move to account selling or something like that, especially considering how being "truly geared" is meant to be easier than before.

The only good side I see of this system change is that if they make items character bound, then the reason to get kinah is reduced a lot. Maybe only restricted to the fees for transportation and enhance gear. But this also comes with another problem. With how the current events work and acquisition of some items; for instance, a skin from an instance that I cannot complete and that other person can, or from an event in which I had no luck, or a material that is too grindy and not my cup of tea to farm for, or an item crafted from a profession I have not even touched. That would require a MASSIVE change.

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

Here is my thought about the kinah and trade changes, after some long time thinking about it.

First of all, I dont really like it. It is just too different. It seems like a change too drastic to implement on a game that has been around so long and its players have based their playtime around on the thing they are trying to remove. They are tying to "fix the economy", and this might just be me, but, it is more like a non-issue. Who cares if there is inflation or whatever in-game? Unlike real life, you can farm everything. Dont feel like doing it? Save up, by selling supplements, selling materials, selling gear (or at least until gear becomes untradeable again), selling stigmas or event items. The only ones affected by a "bad economy" are new and returning players, and they can catch up fast with others if they play smart. So, yes, I really dont see a problem with that. More so, to my eyes, it is not a bad economy, it is a changing economy.

Most new players don't know how to play smart. Returning players depending on their time of absence may not either. Aion seemed to always kind of appealed only to their current player base imo. If they want to have a chance to attract new players, doing something about the bad economy is a pretty good start. Maybe with these changes and others Aion could actually get more people to be interested again.

Archived