6.0 info

Kubei-DN

1 hour ago, Vinley-KT said:

First off, success is a fact, just because people (thousands, actually) are AFKing in a game, and you find it stupid (I do too), does not mean it is not a success. Whether you like the game or not (and I am bored of it, I quit a while back) it is a success, period. Success is about player login, activity, and money. BDO is a success and my post wasn't really about that (I get it, you're a sad little boy white-knighting a video game, but keep your BS to yourself)

Secondly, you took the whole thing out of context. I could give a shit less about BDO or AION in it's current state. I was merely comparing the GOOD aspects of BDO, such as the Black Spirit questing model, which AION will be using similarly. And I stated the current problem with AIONs leveling system and why it leads to extremely bad players. I didn't say a word about AFKing.

I get that the current playerbase of AION lacks reading comprehension and critical thought, but maybe if you weren't so insecure and lonely, spending all of your (or your mommy's) money you wouldn't get so butt hurt on a simple post talking about the changes and reflecting on the game, and comparing it to others. I get it, a lot of your gear you spent thousands on will be shit and useless, but please, take it out on your beloved NCSoft, not me.

I've played every game to date and nothing I have read in 6.0 is relative to older games. And almost every NC game I have played has had bad economies. Most MMO's have bad economies in general. I was simply stating that BDO had a good economy, partly due to the lack of kinah sharing and the very limited amount of RMT that happens in BDO, versus a majority of AION players who RMT.

And if you want to call someone ignorant, at least state something outside of baseless dribble without facts or a constructive comparison or argument.

that game is a success but not in the west. in fact nc had almost similar success with other of their games in korea while they didnt get much success over here. you sure do praise that game a lot for not giving a shit about it. have you ever played bns? judging from any of your responses the answer is no. bns already has lots of these features and it's an older game than bdo. and bns still has lots of features from their previous games. therefore you being ignorant about these things is still a valid statement.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

Most new players don't know how to play smart. Returning players depending on their time of absence may not either. Aion seemed to always kind of appealed only to their current player base imo. If they want to have a chance to attract new players, doing something about the bad economy is a pretty good start. Maybe with these changes and others Aion could actually get more people to be interested again.

A question "How to make kinah" is all they need. I know asking this in LFG is... dangerous, but they should be asking a friend. And if they dont have a friend or are unable to find someone, they wont be enjoying Aion anyway. :P Just finding an active legion really does wonders.

Just now, Bryos-KT said:

A question "How to make kinah" is all they need. I know asking this in LFG is... dangerous, but they should be asking a friend. And if they dont have a friend or are unable to find someone, they wont be enjoying Aion anyway. :P Just finding an active legion really does wonders.

I guess returning players depending on their time of absence could have friends, new players probably don't. I don't know.. I can't say I have ever felt like asking questions on lfg were getting answered seriously, maybe it's a whole new world out there as I haven't exactly been all that active ? But on that aspect I remain rather skeptical. When you do get answers, it can be pretty overwhelming to newer players. People in game in my experience often just want to play the game, while there are some helpful souls out there, they aren't always so easy to find.

I suppose they could come to the forums, which actually allows them to post now since the new working forums, but it's still the minority that uses them, most people just don't.

If I were to ask in game how to make money and get answers like, sell some stuff, farm this, or save up, I'd probably still be confused if I was a new player. I guess I could resort to the cash shop...but yah.

1 minute ago, Bryos-KT said:

I really doubt anyone would be overwhelmed by being told to get Greater supplements and sell them, which you can buy from two NPCs I can link on the map. :P

I tell new players to be diligent with Luna and Arenas on as many alts as they have time for. Selling supps is okay, but you can also use them to sell enchants to players who are out of supps.

7 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

That being said, the people completely negative about the changes make me laugh. Many of you mad about the changes are the reason this game went to shit, the unbelievable tilt towards RNG and the never-ending defending of NCWest and NCSoft's catastrophically bad changes to the game that caused a game that released with over 1 million subscribers day one to become an unsustainable, P2W, garbage mess, and even on its brink of death you defend and call the game playable, claim gearing is easy, claim leveling is easy... Some people need to get their head out of the sand, this game is utterly shit in its current state and going nowhere fast. The only people playing full time for the past few years have been getting milked dry by awful mechanics, a boring repetitive late-game and PVP that has dwindled down to who has the biggest wallet. It's sad to see a game I once cherished, turn in to this colossal disappointment.

I understand why plenty of players dislike these changes. Aion's pvp is plagued by trashy mechanics in recent patches. Lately winning in pvp has become more about abusing sets, having high level minions and high level accessories/armor/plume/bracelet/stigmas/essence cores/whatever else. Skill is nonexistent when you do 50% more damage than your opponent while tanking their entire rotation like it's nothing, but in the eyes of the current 'competitive' pvp community it doesn't matter because winning is winning, fair competition be damned.

Just look at the rampant set abuse going on between all the 'top' players these days. Every 'good' cleric/chanter/templar has a will +10 set or a health +10 set to switch to. You have rangers with +10 agility sets, bards and SMs with msupp sets and the list goes on and on. Many of the "competitive" players abuse gear pretty hard and have multiple sets to switch between. The Archdaeva system on top of other things such as being able to enchant armor to +20 and obtain broken skills, being able to level up your minion for a whopping 3k hp and take off a huge chunk of a geared player's hp with 1 skill, or being able to enchant accessories past +5 and now even purify them has all devolved this game's pvp further and further. This rampant stat abuse is absolute cancer and only serves to increase the gear ceiling/requirement for everybody. Instead of just having a simple MB set or simple attack/crit set and winning based off skillful gameplay you have to make multiple sets just to counter this idiocy. A large part of Aion pvp in recent patches has become more about rotating gear than having proper skill rotations. 

Everything that prevents Aion's pvp from being remotely competitive has been buffed again and again each patch. From minions to godstones to stat abuse to stigma enchanting etc etc. Now imagine you're one of these players who rely on shit mechanics to win, then you hear about 6.0 removing all of this. No more godstones? No more 6-manastone slotted gear? No more archdaeva transforms or archdaeva stats? Enchant levels are limited? No more tempering? Scary! Thus the resistance to 6.0. This next patch got these shit players shook. 

6 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

I really doubt anyone would be overwhelmed by being told to get Greater supplements and sell them, which you can buy from two NPCs I can link on the map. :P

Maybe, but if things were so "easy" they probably would have left it alone and keep things the way they are. You'd assume something isn't working as intended. I mean, It could just be me though.

Anyway, I guess we just disagree! It's nice to not shit post for once, it's been too long.?

so they are removing so many skills... In cleric are almost the half of them. :/

People talking about the success on other games but in Aion´s forums....

Some games are so new and had a great advertisement. Bt that does not make them success. The thing I like to see just to know if a game is really good or not, is how much the players stay there and how much it becomes their main game.I know a lot of players who played BDO. But most of them just left the game some months ago. Vinley. You also say that BDO is prob one of the best games you played, but you are here complaining about a "bad game". Why you are wasting time here if that game is so great? The quick answer is because it isn´t really good or attractive. 

Let me tell you about my experience. I tried Revelation Online like a year ago. My first impresion about the game is nice. There are so few bad things I can say about RO. I liked how they manage the enchantments and gear. I liked the graphics. I liked how we can "move" our enchantments and manastones to the new gear. I like how we can fly everywhere or the mounts thats allow you to take friends with you.... If you ask me for a descritpion you will think RO is awesome, but yet I am playing Aion and no RO. Why? because RO obviously lacks those elements required to keep the players interested and to make them to want to login back every day. I have some theories about wich ones are those elements, but it is so obvious that RO, Tera, BDO, B&S do not have them or at least no in the same way that Aion, WoW or some older games have them. All of them are similar in one thing: A lot of people wants to try them, most of them love the game at first, but after some weeks or months, most of them leave the game and come back to their old games.

7 hours ago, Cosmos-KT said:

Forgot a few removed Spiritmaster skills:

⦁    Spirit Wrath Position
⦁    Spirit Erosion
⦁    Blade of Earth
⦁    Disenchant
⦁    Divine Spirit Armor
⦁    Spirit Absorption

And a small error under Templar; Howl of Wrath has to be Battle Call, additionally Empyrean Chastisement and Empyrean Shield have also been removed.

Other SM changes:

Soul Torrent looks like it was also removed. (bummer)

Backdraft cd was reduced from 24s to 18s but it seems that the damage regained as hp/mp was nerfed from 100% to 30%

Aegis Breaker cd reduced from 30s to 24s.

Maybe this is an error on power book BUT Fear: Ginseng has a cast time of 2.5 seconds (which both fears are at now) and a higher mp cost of 687 while normal Fear is listed as 2 seconds and 550mp! This doesn't make sense as the ginseng is just suppose to be a skill skin for the normal fear.

cloaking word cd reduced from 3mins to 1min...wow. Considering that leveling the stigma reduces over 3 seconds off the cd already per enchant I would wonder if that will be nerfed too otherwise many Sm's with and enchanted cloaking word will have like a 30-40 second cd or even less lol.

Withering Gloom cd is 90 seconds not 60 but upping the debuff from 1500 to 4000 might make this stigma a lot more attractive to players.

Will miss soul torrent and blade of earth and disenchant for sure. Disenchant could actually be very nasty with 12 target ae damage especially if you had multiple sm and other ae classes to coordinate with.

14 minutes ago, Mayinne-DN said:

...but... muh mana... :( 

Every class seems to be losing a mana regain skill, 1 or 2 DP skills, a remove shock activated skill and their detaunt. Also fight time recovery skills too since no more Reshanta.

36 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

cloaking word cd reduced from 3mins to 1min...wow. Considering that leveling the stigma reduces over 3 seconds off the cd already per enchant I would wonder if that will be nerfed too otherwise many Sm's with and enchanted cloaking word will have like a 30-40 second cd or even less lol.

No, stigma charging benefits are determined by total values. They will definitely adjust that. :P A Cloaking Word at +5 with 1 min cd would be 57s, I think.

2 hours ago, Mayinne-DN said:

...but... muh mana... :( 

Life Curtain and Penance get merged into Blessed Shield:

• Blessed Shield: Creates a shield that blocks 5900 damage for 20sec also instantly restores 4574mp and restores 459mp every 2sec. The effect of healing is increased by 100%.
2 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Other SM changes:

Soul Torrent looks like it was also removed. (bummer)

Backdraft cd was reduced from 24s to 18s but it seems that the damage regained as hp/mp was nerfed from 100% to 30%

Aegis Breaker cd reduced from 30s to 24s.

Maybe this is an error on power book BUT Fear: Ginseng has a cast time of 2.5 seconds (which both fears are at now) and a higher mp cost of 687 while normal Fear is listed as 2 seconds and 550mp! This doesn't make sense as the ginseng is just suppose to be a skill skin for the normal fear.

Withering Gloom cd is 90 seconds not 60 but upping the debuff from 1500 to 4000 might make this stigma a lot more attractive to players.

Will miss soul torrent and blade of earth and disenchant for sure. Disenchant could actually be very nasty with 12 target ae damage especially if you had multiple sm and other ae classes to coordinate with.

Every class seems to be losing a mana regain skill, 1 or 2 DP skills, a remove shock activated skill and their detaunt. Also fight time recovery skills too since no more Reshanta.

Backdraft also becomes instant cast so the nerf to the leech is ok.

Soul Torrent is removed but if the powerbook/mouseclic are correct Ritual Push is a separate skill again with 0sec cast time and 12sec cd. Weaken Spirit is learned at lvl 27 while Ritual Push is learned at lvl 25, meaning Weaken Spirit can't be its starter chain anymore. If this is true Soul Torrents removal is understandable.

Other changes

• Root of Enervation is instant cast now
  • Sandblaster now reduces the targets Magical Defense by 400
  • Sigil of Silence/Body Root are merged
  • Magma/Tempest Spirit is learned at lvl 10

SM Daevanion Skills HERE

While I appreciate all the talk about BDO here, that's not a topic to be talked about in this thread. I'm going to stress it again, but I made this thread for the sole purpose of keeping all the 6.0 patch information in one thread, where everyone can ask questions and discuss it too.

If you wish to talk about BDO and its economy and other things, that's a topic for private messages and not in Aion community.

Thanks for understanding.

6 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Life Curtain and Penance get merged into Blessed Shield:

• Blessed Shield: Creates a shield that blocks 5900 damage for 20sec also instantly restores 4574mp and restores 459mp every 2sec. The effect of healing is increased by 100%.

Backdraft also becomes instant cast so the nerf to the leech is ok.

Soul Torrent is removed but if the powerbook/mouseclic are correct Ritual Push is a separate skill again with 0sec cast time and 12sec cd. Weaken Spirit is learned at lvl 27 while Ritual Push is learned at lvl 25, meaning Weaken Spirit can't be its starter chain anymore. If this is true Soul Torrents removal is understandable.

Other changes

• Root of Enervation is instant cast now
  • Sandblaster now reduces the targets Magical Defense by 400
  • Sigil of Silence/Body Root are merged
  • Magma/Tempest Spirit is learned at lvl 10

SM Daevanion Skills HERE

Reading the updates on powerbook with the added 5.8 changes in Korean it seems backdraft is now repeatable x5 so soul torrent merged with backdraft? (Gives the target within 25m a 421 firebreaking magic strike, absorbing 30% of your health and 30% of your strike chance. Repeat 5 times) I hope that means mp regained cause with with spirit absorption gone and sw getting their dragon song mana drain charge skilled merged with harpist pod we are gonna need a way to get mana back.

12 hours ago, Miles-KT said:

I understand why plenty of players dislike these changes. Aion's pvp is plagued by trashy mechanics in recent patches. Lately winning in pvp has become more about abusing sets, having high level minions and high level accessories/armor/plume/bracelet/stigmas/essence cores/whatever else. Skill is nonexistent when you do 50% more damage than your opponent while tanking their entire rotation like it's nothing, but in the eyes of the current 'competitive' pvp community it doesn't matter because winning is winning, fair competition be damned.

Just look at the rampant set abuse going on between all the 'top' players these days. Every 'good' cleric/chanter/templar has a will +10 set or a health +10 set to switch to. You have rangers with +10 agility sets, bards and SMs with msupp sets and the list goes on and on. Many of the "competitive" players abuse gear pretty hard and have multiple sets to switch between. The Archdaeva system on top of other things such as being able to enchant armor to +20 and obtain broken skills, being able to level up your minion for a whopping 3k hp and take off a huge chunk of a geared player's hp with 1 skill, or being able to enchant accessories past +5 and now even purify them has all devolved this game's pvp further and further. This rampant stat abuse is absolute cancer and only serves to increase the gear ceiling/requirement for everybody. Instead of just having a simple MB set or simple attack/crit set and winning based off skillful gameplay you have to make multiple sets just to counter this idiocy. A large part of Aion pvp in recent patches has become more about rotating gear than having proper skill rotations. 

Everything that prevents Aion's pvp from being remotely competitive has been buffed again and again each patch. From minions to godstones to stat abuse to stigma enchanting etc etc. Now imagine you're one of these players who rely on shit mechanics to win, then you hear about 6.0 removing all of this. No more godstones? No more 6-manastone slotted gear? No more archdaeva transforms or archdaeva stats? Enchant levels are limited? No more tempering? Scary! Thus the resistance to 6.0. This next patch got these shit players shook. 

^ This.

I can definitely already see some groaning, squirming and fidgeting going on amongst the so callled "elite" crowd. Will be interesting to see just whom stays up on the upper echelons once 6.0 lands.

*(Assuming, of course, HACKS are finally monitored and violaters dealt with in a manner befitting its egregiousness. Otherwise, all of 6.0's positive changes will be deemed moot.)

18 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

The character-bound currency is not perfect either. Maybe you will give RMT a fight, but they could just move to account selling or something like that, especially considering how being "truly geared" is meant to be easier than before.

Not really. Back in the day being trully geared took A LOT of effort. Either by crafting your heart out or being smart at the market game, which you could do 'cause there was no inflation, 'cause valueable items didn't drop from events suddenly lowering prices and ruining your stock. 

How does account selling affect economy? RMT is what is affecting not only the economy, but every aspect of the game. Untradeable kinah seems great. Make people work for their gear again. If they don't want to grind maybe they should consider playing a moba.

Back when it was sub-based there were only a few pvpers running around in full +15s, yet you had one of the best PVP chanters out there, Cruellia, running around in +3/+4 gear and kicking asses. When almost everyone is running around in the same gear, you force the playerbase to step up their skill game. Now you have uber geared unskilled players who win shit by pressing a nuke skill on a p2w minion. 

7 minutes ago, Aislinng-DN said:

Not really. Back in the day being trully geared took A LOT of effort. Either by crafting your heart out or being smart at the market game, which you could do 'cause there was no inflation, 'cause valueable items didn't drop from events suddenly lowering prices and ruining your stock.

Not sure what you are trying to say. In 6.0, gearing is extremely easy, so...

6 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Reading the updates on powerbook with the added 5.8 changes in Korean it seems backdraft is now repeatable x5 so soul torrent merged with backdraft? (Gives the target within 25m a 421 firebreaking magic strike, absorbing 30% of your health and 30% of your strike chance. Repeat 5 times) I hope that means mp regained cause with with spirit absorption gone and sw getting their dragon song mana drain charge skilled merged with harpist pod we are gonna need a way to get mana back.

The Backdraft translation says "spiritual strength" so yes it is mana.

SMs seem to have new chains. Vacuum Choke is showing as a stage 1 chain, Erosion is a stage 1 Chain, Ignite Aether is a stage 2 chain. Also Ignite Aether and Magic Implosion now only remove 2 buffs/debuffs instead of 3.

My guess for chains is

• Erosion > Backdraft (repeat 5 times)
  • Vacuum Choke > Ritual Push
  • Dispel Magic > Ignite Aether

6 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

The Backdraft translation says "spiritual strength" so yes it is mana.

SMs seem to have new chains. Vacuum Choke is showing as a stage 1 chain, Erosion is a stage 1 Chain, Ignite Aether is a stage 2 chain. Also Ignite Aether and Magic Implosion now only remove 2 buffs/debuffs instead of 3.

My guess for chains is

• Erosion > Backdraft (repeat 5 times)
  • Vacuum Choke > Ritual Push
  • Dispel Magic > Ignite Aether

I noticed this is a well. Also Summon Wind Servant (the 2 energy balls) is listed as stage 2 chain. Also if summon wind servants and all pets are instant cast what is the point of summon alacrity now? Again too how can Fear Ginseng be different mana and cast time from Fear unless Ginseng was just not updated in which case no one would use that skill skin anymore.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, 2s105714-DN said:

that game is a success but not in the west. in fact nc had almost similar success with other of their games in korea while they didnt get much success over here. you sure do praise that game a lot for not giving a shit about it. have you ever played bns? judging from any of your responses the answer is no. bns already has lots of these features and it's an older game than bdo. and bns still has lots of features from their previous games. therefore you being ignorant about these things is still a valid statement.

I get it, your reading comprehension is terrible. First off, I've played BnS. Like I said, I've played every game developed and published by NC in recent history. I've at least tried virtually every F2P and P2P MMO released since FFXI. Some more than others, obviously, as typically I have no patience for bad games. BnS's economy is NOTHING like BDO's. BDO's economy is regulated, with item and gold trading completely blocked aside from potions. BnS gold is tradeable, hell, at one point they were selling gold items with nccoin, I don't know if that still happens or how long it lasted. BnS questline is not linked to anything Black Spirit-like. Those are the two points I compared AION's changes and BDO to in my original post (Learn to read). So again, explain to me how they are related to the points I made? They're not, move along child.

Lastly, I get that you're too braindead to understand how money is made. But money is made by sales, profit, and players. Like I said, I could care less, I'm not defending a dead game like you. But the bottom line is BDO is one of the top 5 grossing MMOs in America with one of the highest player bases in both NA and EU. AION is lucky to have 1000 people logged in on any server. BDO on Steam ALONE has 15,000~17,000 people DAILYhttp://www.githyp.com/black-desert-online-135178/player-count/

You are talking out of your ass and know nothing outside of the hole you crawled out of to defend a game dying so badly they have to revamp it from almost scratch (Thankfully). If you actually read my original post I am nothing but happy for AION's changes and can't wait to play but people like you (ignorant as hell, lack proper grammar and reading comprehension) can only spew nonsense and start flame wars probably because you're mad all your money was spent on literal digital garbage and now you have to beg your mommy for more. Sorry kid, but I don't have the patience for stupid.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, Miles-KT said:

Exactly my point, AION has dwindled down to pure P2W garbage. Not to mention the short week I tried playing again I witnessed a small handful of the most obvious animation hackers I've ever laid eyes on. Luckily I stream and record almost everything so I did report numerous people with video evidence but I highly doubt anything ever came from it.

@Vinley-KTDon't waste your time with people like this, they obviously don't really know anything. I played Black desert online and I can vouch for everything you said. The game is great and is nothing like Aion in its first days, I mean aion merged server after a year only and they removed channels after just a few months after release. 

Although I'm happy with the new changes I don't think untradeable kinah is the only solution for a better economy, like BDO I think aion should adopt a monitored auction house meaning that there should be a minimum and a maximum registered market price for every item and not be able to see the player who posts the items on broker alongside only being able to purchase the lowest price registered on broker . That way its not possible to purchase items on broker to bypass the kinah trading restriction .

Also to counterpoint the dude who said BDO is dead cause people AFK ... lol BDO has afk mechanics , its part of the game. There is a lot to do in that game and one side of it is micromanagement. You manage workers and other things and while you afk you're making profit with how well you manage your resources in the game.  Also another fact that BDO is a great success ... they have the resources to push content and hotfix quick and efficiently they also are pushing mobile game super quickly .... Games are not made while being AFK ... 

@Dreaming-KT Wow they really upgraded the forums to allow for this instead of quoting. Color me impressed!

...Yeah, I probably shouldn't respond to trolls but I never turn down a chance to discipline children. I got triggered from the trolling. I've loved AION since beta, I've played more and longer than the majority of people left. Sad being forced to quit due to the insane P2W changes to the game. I've defended P2W in the past when it wasn't extreme; stating that some people do work insane hours, like myself; some form of P2W can offset their lack of playtime. But right now, in its current state, its to the point that you cannot truly be top tier without spending tons of money.

I was skeptical of gold restrictions and market limitation in MMO's. I thought for sure it would be garbage, but from my experience it has been surprisingly wonderful. I felt it prevented the RMT gap in player's gear and overall made the game less bot-filled garbage. Last time I logged on AION to PVP I saw more bots than people on most days, was pretty sad.

18 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

While I appreciate all the talk about BDO here, that's not a topic to be talked about in this thread. I'm going to stress it again, but I made this thread for the sole purpose of keeping all the 6.0 patch information in one thread, where everyone can ask questions and discuss it too.

If you wish to talk about BDO and its economy and other things, that's a topic for private messages and not in Aion community.

Thanks for understanding.

This ^^

Archived