6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me which crafting mats I should hold onto and which ones I should sell in preparation for 6.0? Since the crafting professions are all being removed, does that mean ALL of the mats I've gathered from various regions are worthless after the update? I read somewhere that crafting materials and scrolls could be exchanged, but haven't seen anything to confirm this.

Also, I know there is a new system called aetherforging, which I thought was taking place of crafting moving forward. Now it seems they are removing aetherforging from the game as well. The patch notes do mention something called "magical crafting", a skill that can be learned at lvl 76. Is there any information on what that is? If so, does that mean I no longer craft anything until I reach level 76?

Just now, Vessttemona-KT said:

Now that 6.0 is out, whats the story now there are no more archdeava?? whats the story?? i mean, our memory was erased ?? was a dream?? NCSOFT gave some explanation in the history of Atreia?

There’s a trailer about that in the first post on this thread. Basically Ereshkigal gets pissed at the Daevas and brings down the whole Abyss upon Asmodae and Elysea, destroying multiple areas (Abyss included, except the core), so the Archdaeva sacrifices himself in entirety along with his powers to prevent the complete destruction of Atreia. Ereshkigal then retreats to Lakrum to hide.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

There’s a trailer about that in the first post on this thread. Basically Ereshkigal gets pissed at the Daevas and brings down the whole Abyss upon Asmodae and Elysea, destroying multiple areas (Abyss included, except the core), so the Archdaeva sacrifices himself in entirety along with his powers to prevent the complete destruction of Atreia. Ereshkigal then retreats to Lakrum to hide.

That makes no sense, if the abyss pieces fall then they go towards Elysea why would Asmodae be affected. The abyss pieces would have to go against gravity to go up.

26 minutes ago, TradedKatForSam-KT said:

That makes no sense, if the abyss pieces fall then they go towards Elysea why would Asmodae be affected. The abyss pieces would have to go against gravity to go up.

Gravity doesn't pull toward Antarctica; it pulls toward the center of the Earth.

So apparently gravity pushes away from the center of Atreia though? (Because people walk on the inside of a planet, and now these abyss pieces go away from the center, too...)

NCLogic®

2 minutes ago, Shadowslip-DN said:

So apparently gravity pushes away from the center of Atreia though? (Because people walk on the inside of a planet, and now these abyss pieces go away from the center, too...)

NCLogic®

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suppose the thought of someone lifting a pebble defies the laws of gravity. :P Ereshkigal pushes the islands in Reshanta towards the affected regions, she is too stronk, so, yes, pieces of land now go away from the core of the planet.

In any case, the Core of Reshanta is hollow in the inside. It was only like this after the Cataclysm. So, what if Asmodae and Elysea act as two separate planets with their own gravity. And the fact that they haven't drifted away or crashed into each other is because of the Aetheric Field by Siel? Would actually make sense.

40 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suppose the thought of someone lifting a pebble defies the laws of gravity. :P Ereshkigal pushes the islands in Reshanta towards the affected regions, she is too stronk, so, yes, pieces of land now go away from the core of the planet.

In any case, the Core of Reshanta is hollow in the inside. It was only like this after the Cataclysm. So, what if Asmodae and Elysea act as two separate planets with their own gravity. And the fact that they haven't drifted away or crashed into each other is because of the Aetheric Field by Siel? Would actually make sense.

k, but Elysea & Asmodae are hollow, so their centers of mass/gravity would be above the middle of each (relative to someone standing on/inside each) :3

ereshkigal stronk

21 minutes ago, Shadowslip-DN said:

k, but Elysea & Asmodae are hollow, so their centers of mass/gravity would be above the middle of each (relative to someone standing on/inside each) :3

No, they arent. Ancient Atreia was hollow, because the Tower of Eternity was in the middle and they all lived in Elysea (or whatever they called it other than "inside the Aetheric Field"). Then the Cataclysm happened and the two sections of the planet got separated leaving two pieces of ground floating around the original Core of the planet.

Was watching a stream this guy was doing random things and he was queued in IDL. At the end of the game, he was on the losing side and you get material for upgrading pvp item. I didn't take a screenshot or w.e but he only got one.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item:152080000

used to upgrade ancient to legendary

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item:110150034

example(theres another set that only has enchantment,no manastone)

Aion lore does not make sense anymore. Land keep appearing and disappearing out of and to nowhere. There is so little of the planet that its gravity should not be enought to keep itself together, nor any life in it. Magic? but of course. Magic strong enough to keep the planet working as a planet, not even flying away from its own sun. 

Logic? the Shugo took it many nyerks ago, and morphed it into money.

Some regions got destroyed by islands crashing against them, others (like Iluma, as seen on the cinematic) were engulfed by giant waves caused by the fall of those fragments. Levinshor and Kaldor are directly on sea level (like Iluma!), Silentera Canyon is underground (either crumbled down or filled with water), boom. Inggison and Gelkmaros are in a huge valley in the middle of the main island, Enshar and Cygnea are protected by Tiamat's spell.

The new region is in Balaurea as well, so, Ereshkigal probably wouldnt like to harm her citadel. Maybe the destruction of Balaurean regions was a side-effect, or calculated revenge against Tiamat and Fregion. :P

Edit:

Lore theorising is my field. I can keep going all night.

6.0 science in a nutshell:

1.) Balaurea is NOT on the ''Outside'' of the planet. It's on the OUTER EDGE of both halves of Atreia.  It's in the parts of the planet were the once strong Aetheric field did not reach.  Go in Gelk/Ingg and look at the sky. You'll see the edge of the world and the aether in the sky flowing towards the Tower Of Eternity, fun fact... the tower is slanted in the sky due to the curvature of the planet. Or think of a bowl and in the  middle of the bowl is Asmodae/Elysea and where the bowl starts to curve upwards, is Balaurea. 

2.) Atreia is Tidal Locked(a real phenomenon in the known universe) with the help from  Lady Siel and the High Daeva draining Aether from their bodies. They stopped the momentum of the separating two halves of the planet in time (Lady Siel's Specialty manifested in form of Music. Furthermore masted by the Bard Class): http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Siel   -  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

3.) If you fly high enough you will eventually reach zero gravity in the abyss due to gravity from both halves of the planet pulling on you equally. Go EVEN  further up and you'll start to fall towards the other half of the planet: Starts at 3:55

..::Edit::..

4.) If you make a big enough crater in a land mass, it can fall below sea level and flood over, which explains the missing lands in 6.0. 

I read through all the info (or most of it) in this forum and links. I have invested a ton of effort in the past and some money along the way just to have it all ereased in 6.0.

Its really a kick in the nuts to read most of it.

Can somebody tell me anything that should keep you playing this game untill 6.0 comes out? (and dont give me the 'play with friends' excuse) since I am talking about the game itself not the social activity it is (or was).

5.8 came with a lot of fuss.. yet its gone alrready after a week or 2 (the hype).

I even notice that the merge to 2 servers already lost its effect...

I dont care what people reply i just wanted to vent my opiniion about what I read and see. And no .. I am not a new guy... been around since beta day 1 so I know PERFECT what this game was and how it is now.

:)

If anything you said was true, then we are not playing the same game.

But seriously though. Two different realities. I have invested as much as you have (in shape of time and effort in my case), and 6.0 will take part of that away. However, I dont feel robbed or anything. I have made all my objectives worth it, and I dont regret it. I have had lots of fun working towards them, and I will remember them because they matter to me. I will keep playing to finish up the stuff I need before 6.0, I will  build up my gear stronger because it is just as beneficial in the long run as much as in the short run.

Still, much of the "ranting and venting" I see in-game and forums are based on misinformation or lack of it, and they are too stubborn to realise we have yet to see the entirety of the patch, because they are mad about stuff we might not even get or just because they need to complain about something.

I think the person who created this thread should update it with things that were assumed but found out to be not true just to keep everyone up to date. Like people said that all items were untradable and I watched a korean glad on twitch who is currently streaming go to the broker and players had various items on sale. And also there still is a broker and a warehouse as he went to put items in it. I asked him if he liked 6.0 updated and he replied " 6.0 very fun but difficult". I proceeded to ask him what about it is difficult and if he meant getting gear and he typed "Yes gear is very hard to get. More difficult than before". Every class still seems ok as I watched him and other pvp and it looked a lot more balanced in terms of damage. Only skill that I saw that was kind of broken was Armor of Arrition for glads. It seems from how it looked for a few seconds every damage you take is transformed into healing. A bunch of people including him was killing a glad and the glad used the skill and his hp went back to full while them kept attacking him. Right now the patch has been out for 2 days so could people stop shouting "OMGERD THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" and it's only snowing.

4 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

I think the person who created this thread should update it with things that were assumed but found out to be not true just to keep everyone up to date. Like people said that all items were untradable and I watched a korean glad on twitch who is currently streaming go to the broker and players had various items on sale. And also there still is a broker and a warehouse as he went to put items in it. I asked him if he liked 6.0 updated and he replied " 6.0 very fun but difficult". I proceeded to ask him what about it is difficult and if he meant getting gear and he typed "Yes gear is very hard to get. More difficult than before". Every class still seems ok as I watched him and other pvp and it looked a lot more balanced in terms of damage. Only skill that I saw that was kind of broken was Armor of Arrition for glads. It seems from how it looked for a few seconds every damage you take is transformed into healing. A bunch of people including him was killing a glad and the glad used the skill and his hp went back to full while them kept attacking him. Right now the patch has been out for 2 days so could people stop shouting "OMGERD THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" and it's only snowing.

I'm sorry, but what? How are these things "assumed" when it's translated from NCSoft official website? Even the Powerbook has the correct information, and I keep telling people to look there for that reason.

You didn't seem to have read this whole thread at all (I mean, it's 22 pages after all), but items are untradeable, with the exception for maybe crafting mats, stigmas and other stuff. What is exactly not traded is the gear and most consumables. Gear is meant to be difficult to get, because you have to put effort into it, not get it off broker and holla leggo pew pew. In a certain way it does help people gear up a tad faster, but I'm mostly speaking here about PvP sets.

If you think the information here is inaccurate, feel free to simply watch the Powerbook.

On 2018-01-17 at 1:48 PM, Kemana-KT said:

Are you suggesting that items able to be listed on Broker have a set price range? (perhaps based on grade) I could get behind that... It boggles my mind when people list a "white" item for billions of Kinah... Are they just trying to throw away Kinah because they reached the cap?

P.S. Only one client? But I have more than eight characters on a server.... Am I supposed to just delete my other account??? If they added more character slots then that wouldn't be so bad. However, if you are like me and want to have a character in each sub-class offered by the game then you need twelve character slots.

Well black desert has adopted this mechanic and it works very well. If you post an item on the auction house , lets say a potion for exemple you will have a max and a minimum price of listing and these prices changed with supply and demand. Another cool feature that is nice is that for exemple you wanna buy greater healing potions , when you select the potion then you have another menu that apears with all the greater healing potions that are curently listed . Then you can only purchase the lowest price registered without knowing the player who posted it.

These changed would prevent many things

RMT through item selling (posting worthless items for crazy a mount of kinah)

Massive undercuting (since you can only buy the cheapest price , there is no reason to undercut because you can only post your items 1 kinah cheaper)

and lastly it prevents to have massive gap in the economy.

@Kubei-DN Please don't bother replying to people who arent greatfull for the work you're doing. I don't play aion anymore because I don't have a pc anymore but your thread made me wanna come back so once I get back from vacation (im actualy waiting at the airport for my flight to Cancun !!! ) I will be buying a new pc to start getting ready for this amazing new patch ! 

My question is what happens to all our costumes and skins??? Can we put them in account warehouse still to give to alt or they also become char-bound?

It is concerning since some my alts are gathering costume sets and i don't know if i can give them to my alts then anymore.

Does anyone knows what happens to our old costumes/skins???

Archived