6.0 info

Kubei-DN

28 minutes ago, Asmodir-DN said:

From this i assume that the crafting part of Luna will go out, just remaining the instances and the game (since gives money to NCSOFT). Actually i have suggested for them to refresh the skins and items since most of them no1 wants, but i guess this is a good alternative. I really get upset if they remove the instances part of it.

I wouldn't mind the removal of the luna crafting. The instances are a nice source of XP but as for the crafting, meh, its rare(for me) to get any good crafting options. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna make a comment about this because people have been asking me about playing on Korean servers.

Don't. Just don't.

The reason for that is that you might burn yourself out, get exhausted once 6.0 comes to the west. For me, I personally enjoy it (although I'm trying to find English speakers there lol) but I think playing this with a better ping is still more exciting. The reason I'm doing these videos and posts is so people can see what will be different and how should we prepare ourselves.

Where do we go in our capitol cities to use plastic surgery tickets now that we don't have access to the Angelic Frippery?

And why did they decide to block off 3/4 of Pandaemonium while only 1/2 of Sanctum is inaccessible? Blatant favoritism.

I sincerely hope these barricades are only temporary. Players can't even visit the libraries anymore. >:P

The removed sections of Pandaemonium and Sanctum suck.

Pandaemonium: They kept the stupid coliseum that no one ever uses. I will miss Vanahal District, but it is understandable why it would get removed.  The Port, I understand it was a waste of space. Crandale District though, access to the Temple of Knowledge is there and the NPCs are still there, so what was the reason for that? The Temple of Knowledge was a great place full of interesting lore, and I am mad they got rid of it. Would have rather they removed the stupid The Great Temple and move all the NPCs there to the capitol building.

Same deal with Sanctum. There was no need for that. If they were closed because they got partly destroyed, they should have at least added destroyed versions. They could have just copied and pasted the destroyed buildings from Dredgion Defense.

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

Where do we go in our capitol cities to use plastic surgery tickets now that we don't have access to the Angelic Frippery?

They moved the NPCs affected to the accessible sections. For instance, I think the majority of the NPCs on the north stores are across the canal in the docks.

2 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

The removed sections of Pandaemonium and Sanctum suck.

Pandaemonium: They kept the stupid coliseum that no one ever uses. I will miss Vanahal District, but it is understandable why it would get removed.  The Port, I understand it was a waste of space. Crandale District though, access to the Temple of Knowledge is there and the NPCs are still there, so what was the reason for that? The Temple of Knowledge was a great place full of interesting lore, and I am mad they got rid of it. Would have rather they removed the stupid The Great Temple and move all the NPCs there to the capitol building.

Same deal with Sanctum. There was no need for that. If they were closed because they got partly destroyed, they should have at least added destroyed versions. They could have just copied and pasted the destroyed buildings from Dredgion Defense.

They moved the NPCs affected to the accessible sections. For instance, I think the majority of the NPCs on the north stores are across the canal in the docks.

agree with that. Was unnecesary to block all those. Some of the areas blocked were just used for some quest and they still can give somo of those npcs a couple of quest to make them usefull. 

But they had so much lore and other things. Like the piano in the docks in sanctum. Or the lady in the tavern who had a nice song on some moments of the day. The only thing that wasn´t usefull anymore was the section with the craft things. And even with those, they could just delete their quest and options like they did with the stigma merchants. I think is better to replace the menu on those with just an small text and that´s all. 

The game is becoming so small. So few maps, so few lands, so few items, so few everything. It is so sad to see that. Was a huge, complex and funny game. We had so many options about what to do. Like Cheesecake said, it is becoming more like an small app in cell phones than the great game it used to be. :S 

I made another video with me exploring the broker on an older server. I won't post anything from the new servers because all that there is to find are manastones with some stigmas. I've seen some people concerned about this, so here you go.

Also, I noticed that world mobs do drop gear, but these are common grade, cannot be traded or sold, but can be used as skins. 

P.S.- Mobs don't drop kinah at all.

37 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

Can we still craft in Oriel/Pernon? I was wondering if we can craft anything at all, or if I should just quit leveling it.

Well the old crafting system is completely removed  if its for skins, you better do it now. I hope they make Aetherfoldging faster to level up.

WTF is wrong NC Korea? Why are they removing everything from Aion old times....

It seems  best thing about this patch is that you can level really fast(aside from removed godstones, archdeava system).....

55 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

Can we still craft in Oriel/Pernon? I was wondering if we can craft anything at all, or if I should just quit leveling it.

Old crafting system is removed therefore those areas are probably inaccessible. 

43 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

^

That makes me think... I wonder what Oriel and Pernon look like now? Is everything in the main village shuttered?

Because all kinah got changed into the gold bars, everyone lost their house. I tried visiting the houses in Beluslan but the doors are closed and I don’t even see the notice board to see auctions. I think they disabled for a while.

25 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

Well the old crafting system is completely removed  if its for skins, you better do it now. I hope they make Aetherfoldging faster to level up.

WTF is wrong NC Korea? Why are they removing everything from Aion old times....

It seems  best thing about this patch is that you can level really fast(aside from removed godstones, archdeava system).....

Because no one is playing with the old stuff. Old stuff must be replaced and new stuff must come to attract players. 

Fast leveling is least of the concerns, in fact, it’s actually very fun. I imagine myself being the beginner, completely new to the game, the quests are simple to understand and straightforward, the tutorials for stigmas, profiles and other stuff is very much detailed and much thought put into. And I don’t even speak Korean yet.

You cannot keep living in the old. It’s time to move on.

Their objective is to get rid of all the useless stuff. And, yes, unfortunately old crafts are useless, all removed maps are useless, and so on (except the libraries in capital cities, still bummed about it).

And here is a bit of trivia. At some point last year, Devs were proposing the idea of certain maps being removed. However, it was only Brusthonin/Theobomos back then, and moving Adma/TL to Gelkmaros/Inggison. Looks like they elaborated on that. :P

I think I forgot to mention this, but the libraries aren’t exactly removed. When you start in Poeta or Ishalgen, there’s a big tent with Pernos/Munin standing, and you have a couple of books there you can read. Some of them are part of the quest like. I know I’ve read the Femme Fatale about Kromede out of curiosity (felt like foreshadowing lol).

I’m not sure if all books are there but I can investigate.

23 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Because all kinah got changed into the gold bars, everyone lost their house. I tried visiting the houses in Beluslan but the doors are closed and I don’t even see the notice board to see auctions. I think they disabled for a while.

NOOO!!!! 

:(  why? so much sadness... why they need to do something with the houses?  :( 

21 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Their objective is to get rid of all the useless stuff. And, yes, unfortunately old crafts are useless, all removed maps are useless, and so on (except the libraries in capital cities, still bummed about it).

And here is a bit of trivia. At some point last year, Devs were proposing the idea of certain maps being removed. However, it was only Brusthonin/Theobomos back then, and moving Adma/TL to Gelkmaros/Inggison. Looks like they elaborated on that. :P

Actually even when is useless for most of the players, those aren´t really useless. Even in the past, so few people were using time on the crafting, but everyone bought things from crafters on the broker. Since 4.0 the crafting system suffered so much. The recipes from that update were not so good. So many items were so expensive, the gear was almost impossible to get by crafting (4 or 5 noble results is not really common), but yet they were usefull in some other things. 

A lot of old crafts are still usefull in some way. There are lot of skins that are rare and some people like. Even the food can still be used. Temporal stones, the bike from handicraft (if you like that one and you don´t want to wait to have it on the Luna, and actually I am not sure if you can get from luna both options like in handicraft). I still do some crafts. Not like before, but I am also too lazy. The siege weapons are probably usefull now (in 6.0 I think they are removed). 

IMO the old crafting system was way better than aeterforging. AF is totally incomplete and the recipes are unbalanced in many cases. AF was just another crappy idea from 5.0. If they have to remove something is AF. They should rework the old proffessions to distribute the recipes from AF and the new ones on  those. 

Even the maps aren´t useless. Ok. maybe you have a lvl and needs that do not require them. But I was helping a friend to level up a toon in elten some days ago. The dummies from elten are also good to practice dps. So few players on that map so the lag is lower. Verteron has a lot of nice places to try enchanments and some RNG things (A lot of people still think that lag can modify your RNG results, even if there are no profs). In Elten we have all the story about Sataloca. Theobomos has a lot of lore too. Some of those maps provided many places and instances to start practicing an learning how to play. FT, the old Adma and Theo Labs. And is much better to have options. Nobody want to do the same 3 instances all the time. 

Also you probably saw that if the maps are lesser, and the mobs are lesser too, is more difficult sometimes to do your quest. All the people needs the same mobs and you have to wait a lot. Remember the first months on Katalam and Danaria camps. Sometimes were like 30 mins just to wait for the respawn to complete the quest. All the people needed the same mobs! With more maps, you have more options. 

Aion was a huge and complex game. You had a lot of options about what to do. And just cause the popular things is to be a PvP lover and to not waste time on other things, is not excuse to say that all the other things are useless. I did IDL just once I do not care about nothing from there, so that instance means nothing to me. I do not say is useless just cause for me it is. Aion was the game it was cause we had options. Everyone had something to do. Were a lot of different ways to play the game and to get things. They are not removing "useless things" they are removing "options" and making the game smaller. 

The old crafting system was a pile of nyerking garbage, and Aetherforging is far far FAR superior, even in its incomplete state. No need to worry about failure, not having to go back to a desolate alleyway to craft, no recipes requiring stupid expensive procs from other recipes, no nyerking recipes to hunt for, no limitations with mastering and expertise, no limitations on what to craft because you needed to level up one profession instead of the other, and I can keep going. The only reason Aetherforging is limited is because it was only added a few patches ago, and (most) old professions have been around since day 1. The only stuff that may be worth from old crafting were consumables, but they are useless after 6.0, so why keep them?

As for maps, I too lament the removal of lore and beautiful scenery, but I will say it again, they were barely used for what they are worth. Without having a steady guide on how to level, new players will get lost on what quests to do and such, leaving them confused as to where to go and quitting due to "boring levelling". They needed this, and they did it.

Lets then evaluate this. New players are rushing through this content, old players have done this a thousand times, one or two people per server does that stuff. This all translates as a waste of space. And what happens when a business realises waste of space? They get rid of it to become more effective. Less server load because of needing to keep those channels open, more space in client for new stuff, etc.

So, yes, 6.0 is about removing USELESS stuff.

- BY Korean AION community  -

It is stated in the Korean dictionary that " goods are  money or valuables, and can be paid for ."

We pay NC $ 20 for the ticket price we  have set, and we invest our time, effort, and a little stress (?)

I got the in-game "Kina", and I also got PVP items and PVE items.

Now this patch is for users to ignore the amount of time, effort, and effort they have paid.

As we have said before, goods are "the goods that are paid for by money or value-for-money" .

By the way, I changed the "Kina", which is a commodity, into a "gold bullion", which has no value forcibly.

Without any personal consent. And "the rise of the value of goods!" I have put up with an unreasonable word in the notice.

This patch is a patch that NCsoft  can use for its own personal use "kina"

It was forcibly taken away.

The Supreme Court also ruled that "VAT is equivalent to goods ."

If you conclude these two things together, you can get a clear answer.

NCsoft has forcibly extorted personal property.

This is a criminal act that should never happen in Korea, a democratic country and a law enforcement agency .

"The possession of all items and goods in the game is owned by NCsoft, and users can not claim it"

These terms were created prior to the Aion Open Beta, or the Supreme Court's ruling.

It would not make sense to proceed with this patch without first getting the individual's consent.

Let's find our rights. User rights. Can not you just live for a long time?

Please participate in petition campaign of request government. Let 's enjoy the time and effort that we invest all together. 

Many AION korean user angry this patch... I think ..

Game change mobile style... NC love only money 

10 hours ago, Pylinaer-KT said:

Can I get a confirmation on this? Apparently a GM mentioned that new Kinah would be obtained from monster hunting? (if you could do a video of that it would be nice.)

Ask and ye shall receive

12 minutes ago, Dream-DN said:

Wait, if aetherforging is changed to 76+ do we still get to keep our aetherforging lvl now or do we have to start over at lvl 1?? 

All the current designs and mats in Aetherforging change in 6.0, you keep the proficiency level.

Take my advice and get it to 300.

Archived