6.0 info

Kubei-DN

Pretty sure invasion was just a distraction so Beritra can somehow destroy these sealing stones. Pretty dumb if you ask me, they could have easily changed the lore where no maps got destroyed and Enshar and Cygnea simply rose from the Oceans. Clearly the real answer to the why, is Koreans can't design a good game so they had to get rid of maps to reduce server load. If the game had a good engine like the one that Guild Wars 2 have, no map should ever be destroyed.

Aion is the first MMO I have heard of that destroys old maps and other content, and justifies it with crappy lore.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand the logic behind being so adamant about keeping old maps, (at least here in NA.) Fact is, no one is using them anymore. Literally, NO ONE. So why are people so up in arms about losing them? I was leveling through Eltnen and Heiron yesterday around 9ish pm EST (US). Just on sheer whim I decided to do a /who, since it was glaring how empty those two maps were. The Eltnen report stated 13 people where on in that region at that time. Heiron...9. Theres no point in protecting little used assets, and those maps are beyond dead. Heck, Fast Track as a whole is pretty much dead and buried.

I get that people are upset from a nostalgia pov. We all have our own fond memories regarding those locales, and it will be sad to see them go from that perspective. But things change, and the population in Aion NA atm is but a fraction of what it once was. If condensing players into fewer regions, at the very least, gives the appearance of a live flourishing world, then I'm all for it. Cause as it is, Aion NA looks and feels utterly dead.

RIP old lore, we will miss you. But It's time to move on.

Of course the maps are dead!

did you see so many new players joining the game? Cause I do not. But tell me. Suppose you have to start from 0 a new account without help. Where are the places to level up your new toon? How many dead maps are you thinking about? The problem are not the maps. the problem is that we are less players everyday. So few new ones, and most of the remaining players are 69 or more. Of course we are on Illuma/Norsvold, Reshanta and Sanctum/Panda. But we want a funny game were new people comes. 

Also take into consideration than the number and size of maps required, depends so much on the population. Back in 4.0 Katalam and Danaria weren´t enought for the amount of players (remember the camps and all the people waiting for mobs). More people means more mobs required. Or more quest distributed in the maps so people can move to less populated areas. Also for PvP. In 4.0 Katalam+Danaria+Idian Depths had casual PvP in many places (even when the extension was big). Now is hard to find enemies even with so many maps erased. 

Not only that.Even the maps we use, are not alive everywhere. As an Elyo I can tell you that more than half Sanctum is deserted. Illuma now with the artifacts has a little more life. But still people are more concentrated in the city and the quick instances. There are a lot of places where the mobs can walk for the whole week and nobody is going to kill them. 

The new only 1 map in 6.0 could be good if we are thinking in a small number of players. 

and maps can be recicled. 

I think it would be great to have a list of items that are still tradable/storable across our accounts in 6.0. So many items no longer fit into that category, and it is a scary thing not knowing which items we'll have to split amongst our toons before the patch hits, and which ones to trash due to lack of space.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Belldandy-KT said:

I dont understand the logic behind being so adamant about keeping old maps, (at least here in NA.) Fact is, no one is using them anymore. Literally, NO ONE. So why are people so up in arms about losing them? I was leveling through Eltnen and Heiron yesterday around 9ish pm EST (US). Just on sheer whim I decided to do a /who, since it was glaring how empty those two maps were. The Eltnen report stated 13 people where on in that region at that time. Heiron...9. Theres no point in protecting little used assets, and those maps are beyond dead. Heck, Fast Track as a whole is pretty much dead and buried.

I get that people are upset from a nostalgia pov. We all have our own fond memories regarding those locales, and it will be sad to see them go from that perspective. But things change, and the population in Aion NA atm is but a fraction of what it once was. If condensing players into fewer regions, at the very least, gives the appearance of a live flourishing world, then I'm all for it. Cause as it is, Aion NA looks and feels utterly dead.

RIP old lore, we will miss you. But It's time to move on.

The underlying reason why AION has gone to shit is the pandering of a minority player base, a catering to P2Wers, hackers, and the endless fan boys that will support it versus protesting negative changes. The player base is always to blame for the industry normal, in my opinion, because we have the power to stop it with our wallets and time.

The care bears have been ruining open world PVP since its inception. The lack of monitoring and banning of cheaters is unreal, borderline criminal. I've never seen such blatant hacking in the 3 weeks I attempted to get back into the game. I'm a veteran and I know every skill, every animation, and have always been very resistant to crying hacks as I think most claims are unfounded; but no more. I've witnessed such disgustingly blatant hacking its no wonder I can run through the main PVP zone for 10 minutes at 8pm and find nothing but bots.

I've attempted to get numerous gamers into AION over the years, and it has always ended in their inevitable quitting. The game is rough for new players. The combat is complex, especially in PVP, and the quick garbage leveling system secluded to spamming brainless missions with huge EXP boosts, while it's great for veterans and their alts, it puts new players in a tough position. I found so many times that people I got into the game would be doing stupid pointless quests in low level areas even though they aren't "Dumb" gamers, the game simply has a lack of guidance for new players and is inefficient for progress; there's too many maps, too many useless quests, and a lack of really defining game progression. In its current state its a "Rush to 68 and spam this instance". Are we really surprised new players don't get into it? It's a joke.

My only real comment to people worried about these changes, or crying about it, is do your best to embrace it. I think deep down we all know this game is dying. The bleeding player base in Korea and these changes are a sign they've recognized a lot of their problems, and while I don't think this is a magic wand and an end all great solution to everything, if you truly love AION, you need to recognize what is good for growing population, and how we can attract new players. The key is about bridging the gap between P2Wers and the less "paying" and F2P players, because at the end of the day in order to be a successful PVP game, you can't have a gear discrepancy as big and blatant as there currently is in AION, it's disgusting.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the rant.

8 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

The underlying reason why AION has gone to shit is the pandering of a minority player base, a catering to P2Wers, hackers, and the endless fan boys that will support it versus protesting negative changes. The player base is always to blame for the industry normal, in my opinion, because we have the power to stop it with our wallets and time.

The care bears have been ruining open world PVP since its inception. The lack of monitoring and banning of cheaters is unreal, borderline criminal. I've never seen such blatant hacking in the 3 weeks I attempted to get back into the game. I'm a veteran and I know every skill, every animation, and have always been very resistant to crying hacks as I think most claims are unfounded; but no more. I've witnessed such disgustingly blatant hacking its no wonder I can run through the main PVP zone for 10 minutes at 8pm and find nothing but bots.

I've attempted to get numerous gamers into AION over the years, and it has always ended in their inevitable quitting. The game is rough for new players. The combat is complex, especially in PVP, and the quick garbage leveling system secluded to spamming brainless missions with huge EXP boosts, while it's great for veterans and their alts, it puts new players in a tough position. I found so many times that people I got into the game would be doing stupid pointless quests in low level areas even though they aren't "Dumb" gamers, the game simply has a lack of guidance for new players and is inefficient for progress; there's too many maps, too many useless quests, and a lack of really defining game progression. In its current state its a "Rush to 68 and spam this instance". Are we really surprised new players don't get into it? It's a joke.

My only real comment to people worried about these changes, or crying about it, is do your best to embrace it. I think deep down we all know this game is dying. The bleeding player base in Korea and these changes are a sign they've recognized a lot of their problems, and while I don't think this is a magic wand and an end all great solution to everything, if you truly love AION, you need to recognize what is good for growing population, and how we can attract new players. The key is about bridging the gap between P2Wers and the less "paying" and F2P players, because at the end of the day in order to be a successful PVP game, you can't have a gear discrepancy as big and blatant as there currently is in AION, it's disgusting.

Agree 100%. The game feels like its on its last legs and 6.0 might just be its last chance, at least in this region. Lots to clean up and time is running out. 

On 2/16/2018 at 6:38 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Grind was harder pre 3.0 and you see some players still here from when the game was released. If you stress yourself over the grind, you're missing out the actual fun.

100% agree with this. Aion grinding was so much harder back then, but it was so much more immersive and fun than 5.X. Fast track servers and the exp nerf that we got in 4.X was a huge blow on early-content immersion.

On 2018-02-20 at 1:20 AM, Vinley-KT said:

Hey Vinley! hope to see you around soon ! im going to make a cleric soon so its ready for 6.0. Maybe you and I can get ready together !

On 2018-02-16 at 7:38 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Grind was harder pre 3.0 and you see some players still here from when the game was released. If you stress yourself over the grind, you're missing out the actual fun.

I remember when I played aion it was 1.5 I think and I was grinding my last level at theobomos killing mobs hahaha it was a pain. 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:25 AM, Belldandy-KT said:

I dont understand the logic behind being so adamant about keeping old maps, (at least here in NA.) Fact is, no one is using them anymore. Literally, NO ONE. So why are people so up in arms about losing them?

"No one" and "Everyone" are very subjective words. Senior players who make new characters go there to meet new people. High level players go there to mentor new players. I agree that the biggest outcry of their deletion is for nostalgic reasons, but there are SOME legit purposes to visiting low level regions.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:56 PM, Dreaming-KT said:

I remember when I played aion it was 1.5 I think and I was grinding my last level at theobomos killing mobs hahaha it was a pain. 

It is much worse now! Then it was fun now levelling up is not just a pain it's a nightmare and no fun at all. I did not mind PvP when the game started in 2009, but now if I try to level up in Illuma (there are no other place for a lvl-70 plus), I get killed in less than 10 minutes of me leaving the city. I know this is a PvP/PvE game but it looks more as an only PvP game. :) I know I should find another game, all my friends have left a long time ago and I'm alone and still, here I' am not ready to leave yet. :) Tried many new games but Aion is still the one I like the best. <3 If anyone knows a game similar to Aion or better please let me know. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You're not supposed to level on the end-game maps. You're supposed to do instances. : x

And I need that new motion.

So true. Killing mobs in open world is almost useless now. You will be doing Adma, TTC, DL and FP as your main task every week. Lunas, some AoE, CoE and something of your choice can complete your time leveling. 

And I also want that motion.... and some of the old ones (like the ones that failforge has and we do not  ¬¬ )

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You're not supposed to level on the end-game maps. You're supposed to do instances. : x

And I need that new motion.

Can't agree with that at all.

Do you really think NCsoft would have spend so much money and time to create the hundreds of daily and weekly quests in the end-game maps if it were not intended to be used?

Get real.

I have been playing Aion since 2009 and questing end game maps has always been popular. What's changed is this flood of infiltration and spy quests that encourage you to go gank questing players in the opposite faction maps. That's whats ruining it.

Archived