6.0 info

Kubei-DN

36 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

What do our characters get upon creation in 6.0? I was planning on making one or two new characters after the update to check out the new leveling system, but there are a few things I'd like to give them that will likely become untradable after the Patch. Can we please have a list of goodies we are given at character creation so I (and others I'm sure) can debate on whether to wait or not? Also, do you think that creating a character ahead of time (and basically hibernating them until after the patch hits) would affect the story/questline? Will it mess up our progression if we start out on level 1 rather then starting fresh?

Well, it's important to remember that there's no more New Player or Returning Player status, those are removed. My personal recommendation would be creation after 6.0 hits, mainly because that activates the new cutscene and places you in a different starting point (much closer to the town). So, doesn't matter if you're new or old player, you receive a survey containing an administrator's boon that lasts approximately 3 days. Upon leveling, you get a box you can open every 5 levels that has tons of goodies, like temporary mounts, gear and skins.

Items (according to Korea)

1. [이벤트] 로이에와 체스카의 이동 혜택권 (3일)

2. [이벤트] 로이에와 체스카의 모자

3. 로이에와 체스카의 10레벨 보상 상자

First and second are received from the angel NPC in town, and third is received upon ascension to level 10. You keep opening that box until you're level 75.

If you'd like to, you can also check their Guide page and explore a little.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

http://aion.plaync.com/board/tazz/view?articleID=353&page= 

At the bottom you get the info. They're doing website maintenance right now so it may crash a couple of times.

Yes, sadly, when I was in Lakrum, the lack of players compared to 6.0 was quite depressing to see. Of course, now being f2p, they will players come and go, but it still doesn't look too good. The competition in Korea is strong among gaming community and Aion is being overshadowed by new, modern and better games. Overwatch and League of Legends are on top of their favorites, I think Fortnite and Pubg right after.

League of legends is from the 2009. So is not actually a modern game. But the difference is that Riot makes a good job with their game and NCSoft are just a bunch of useless people who have no idea. :P 

Kubei. Someboy posted there that using real money people can have a real great advantage over the others. Is that true? Even when they said all those things about limitations to make the game more similar than older versions, the continued with the P2W tendency that started at the half of 4.X?

1 minute ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Kubei. Someboy posted there that using real money people can have a real great advantage over the others. Is that true? Even when they said all those things about limitations to make the game more similar than older versions, the continued with the P2W tendency that started at the half of 4.X?

Well, from my point of view, I believe Quna prices went up with 6.2 and they also removed the weekly/daily free stuff you could get from there. While Quna can be farmed in game, buying it directly from BCM still gives you a higher advantage in the game. I'm not so sure about these limitations, but the game can feel extremely slow, tedious and dull.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Well, from my point of view, I believe Quna prices went up with 6.2 and they also removed the weekly/daily free stuff you could get from there. While Quna can be farmed in game, buying it directly from BCM still gives you a higher advantage in the game. I'm not so sure about these limitations, but the game can feel extremely slow, tedious and dull.

Mobile freemium game model ftw. /s

Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. It sucks that this is what my favorite game has turned into, but it is what it is. :(

Yeah, same. I love Aion for what it is, but the company keeps on ruining everything possible about it. It's overshadowed by their greediness and that joy of the game has faded away. 

It has. It really has. They're not even trying to be subtle about it. They haven't been trying to be subtle about it.

I really can't describe how disappointed I am, lol. :< Going to come back and play a bit in 6.0, but it's just not looking good at all. I used to be super excited to come home from work/school and play Aion, and that really hurts that my game has been turned into this madness. AION IS LYFE.

Thanks for keeping us posted on what's going on over there. It's nice to know how hyped I should be over something.

So, I managed to translate a few pages from the Korean game guide using google translate. I noticed under one of the headers on the main page that they have a link to a "trading agent". It appears to work much like the broker we have now. Interestingly, the following choices appear under the search bar: weapon, armor, wing, accessories, skill related, building decoration, furniture, making, expendables, and etc. Does this mean we can still trade these items to other players, and presumably our own characters through this agent? o.O

We have been over this. :P You can trade stuff all you want just like you can do now. The difference is that after 6.0 it doesnt include kinah and armour (back to the old ways).

The one thing I am still not sure and Kubei doesnt answer is how broker works now. :P

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Unfortunately there is no way to farm Quna in game. You can get about $1 worth from one time quests but that's about 2 instance resets worth of quna.

41 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

So, I managed to translate a few pages from the Korean game guide using google translate. I noticed under one of the headers on the main page that they have a link to a "trading agent". It appears to work much like the broker we have now. Interestingly, the following choices appear under the search bar: weapon, armor, wing, accessories, skill related, building decoration, furniture, making, expendables, and etc. Does this mean we can still trade these items to other players, and presumably our own characters through this agent? o.O

The trading agent is just an out of game access to broker like most modern mmos have. Weapons, armor and wings will only be tradeable skins no actual gear. Skill related = stigmas and stigma strengthening stones which are tradeable. Manastones, enchant stones from the cash shop and new crafting mats are tradeable. 

The new broker is essentially people trying to sell tradeable cash shop items at a premium. You can buy kinah directly from the cash shop but if you sell p2w only items on the broker you can fleece the f2p for a little bonus.

38 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

The one thing I am still not sure and Kubei doesnt answer is how broker works now. :P

I gotchu fam B)

45 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

They have an online web-based and app-based broker system which is only available in Korea. Similarly, they have in game VoiP which we don't have, sparing them from using Discord or Teamspeak most of the times. They have many fancy features, like a TV popup that's all Aion related, and an in-game notification setting that syncs your account directly with the app/website.

The whole broker thing, as I mentioned before, allows:

1. Tradeable skins from Golden Sand Market or Quna shop
  2. Manastones, you get those from quests, mob drop or bosses
  3. Stigmas and skill skins
  4. If you're on the older servers, everything pre 6.0 is tradeable (every single mythic/eternal/etc piece) and can be sold

There's certain items which have "can be sold at broker" going on, and the Powerbook explains it fairly well. Example. Apparently even Quna can be sold at broker but I haven't seen that happen yet.

@Okie-DN also explained it fairly well too.

Look at Fire Emblem Heroes. That is one of the highest grossing Gacha mobile games on the market. They give out plenty of orbs (equilvant to Qunas in Aion) through log in bonuses and in-game activities, so that even F2P can summon units regularly through the Gacha too and be reasonably competitive in the arena.

However there is no trading of any kind between players at all, just like most mobile games in the market.

@Kubei-DN @Okie-DN Google translates gone confused me again I guess, lol. Thanks for clearing up the trading agent for me.

If I understand everything correctly, I should have no problem trading items from one toon to another in 6.0, so long as it is not actual armor, weapons or wings. Literally everything else currently in my inventory will remain tradable. I guess there is no point in creating any toons pre-6.0 then as they will be getting all new gear anyway.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:39 AM, Brisson-KT said:

With the removal of the Illuminary Obelisk instance, I wonder what will happen to the Brazen Aegis set. Can't get it anywhere else currently, as the gear is not tradable.

Some friends and I actually ran this instance last week to get this skin. It's very easy to run now, so you should do it while you can. :) 

On 3/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Brisson-KT said:

With the removal of the Illuminary Obelisk instance, I wonder what will happen to the Brazen Aegis set. Can't get it anywhere else currently, as the gear is not tradable.

Since it's a 5-piece, it's probably gonna drop from mobs but I dunno which ones.

31 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

For Fissure of Oblivion wing skin, is that obtainable in 6.x or not?

I believe I saw them in Quna shop.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, Kubei-DN said:

So, doesn't matter if you're new or old player, you receive a survey containing an administrator's boon that lasts approximately 3 days. Upon leveling, you get a box you can open every 5 levels that has tons of goodies, like temporary mounts, gear and skins.

First and second are received from the angel NPC in town, and third is received upon ascension to level 10. You keep opening that box until you're level 75.

@Kubei-DN Are the gift boxes in 6.0 replacing the Twins Gift boxes we currently get through leveling? If so, will we be unable to claim the Twins Gift rewards after the update?

Also, will higher level toons (toons that have already hit lvl 10 and completed the ascension ceremony) be eligible to collect these new boxes or not? You said everybody regardless of lvl will get the free survey, but I'm under the impression that the gift box is tied directly to the ascension quest. Will existing toons above lvl 10 be able to acquire the boxes as they level as well?

Thanks

On 3/26/2018 at 9:04 PM, Azeriah-KT said:

@Kubei-DN Are the gift boxes in 6.0 replacing the Twins Gift boxes we currently get through leveling? If so, will we be unable to claim the Twins Gift rewards after the update?

Also, will higher level toons (toons that have already hit lvl 10 and completed the ascension ceremony) be eligible to collect these new boxes or not? You said everybody regardless of lvl will get the free survey, but I'm under the impression that the gift box is tied directly to the ascension quest. Will existing toons above lvl 10 be able to acquire the boxes as they level as well?

Thanks

Yeah, these boxes replace the Twin's Gift in 6.0. Different rewards of course, but it still helps the players. Pretty sure everyone receives it at lvl 10 too. However I'm not sure if existing lvl 10 characters will receive it, it's hard to tell since my toons are all from 6.0. Easiest way to tell would be to wait and see what happens.

Speaking of which, today I read their new hot issue. One of their older servers, Dredgion, has faced a significant playerbase loss to the point where PvE and PvP is nonexistent. They're giving to all players (from that servers) free character transfers to other servers except Ishalgen, to which afterwards they will merge servers (AGAIN!). I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'm pretty sure after launching those 2 new servers, the veteran players just went there to start anew, and many probably have quit too.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yeah, these boxes replace the Twin's Gift in 6.0. Different rewards of course, but it still helps the players. Pretty sure everyone receives it at lvl 10 too. However I'm not sure if existing lvl 10 characters will receive it, it's hard to tell since my toons are all from 6.0. Easiest way to tell would be to wait and see what happens.

Speaking of which, today I read their new hot issue. One of their older servers, Dredgion, has faced a significant playerbase loss to the point where PvE and PvP is nonexistent. They're giving to all players (from that servers) free character transfers to other servers except Ishalgen, to which afterwards they will merge servers (AGAIN!). I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'm pretty sure after launching those 2 new servers, the veteran players just went there to start anew, and many probably have quit too.

6.2 killed most of the 6.0 hype. Also people figured out that 6.0 wans't THAT good patch.

Things tend to get better in future patches like happened on 5.x 

I would like to see some balance on the transformation system, this (as it is) is just bullnyerk

Archived