Forums

6.0 info

Kubei-DN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rikimaru-KT said:

@Kubei-DN Can the master harvester exchanged item, in 6.0, be upgraded by purifying it or enchanting  master harvester till +infinite is a must to get the highest tier?

If you have it at specific tier, you get a box containing a specific grade item depending on its enchantment level (basically I'm trying to say all current gear prior to 6.0 goes bye bye and is replaced by the new 3 grade type of gears). I don't think you lose the gear in itself, but I know some people just kept the weapons on because of the godstones.

Right now the closest info I can give you is both Korea's exchange list (as seen here → https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1388-60-info/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-13769) and Russia's exchange list (https://aiondb.ru/news/updates/261.html)

You can see the minimum levels you'd need to have it exchanged. Right now Russia's list seems to be closest to home to give us an idea what to think and/or expect.

Hi there OP or anyone else who may know the answer,

Thank you for the mountain of information.

I saw that Aethertapping is removed from the game, but does this make Aether worthless now or will it be still relevant?

I am talking about aether powder, aether crystals, aether gems, aether, magical aether. 

If it still has value, can you advise what use it may have for the future?

If worthless, what do you advise I should do with the aether pre-6.0?

I have ... a lot. 

Thank you for your help. 

One more question @Kubei-DN, (forgot to tag you in the post above)

The main source of my income was through alchemy and I currently have tons (I mean literal tons) of alchemy foods. From pots, elemental scrolls, other scrolls, serums, etc.

The google spreadsheet you provided that had the list of removed consumables. Greater Running/Courage/Awakening etc. were not part of that list. However, I was looking through 6.0 video footage and it seems that scrolls (all types) are just completely removed from the game.

Can you confirm if scrolls are obsolete in 6.0?

Do you know what happens to potions, serums, scrolls, (consumables) if they remain on the characters and 6.0 hits?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, PassionTea-DN said:

I saw that Aethertapping is removed from the game, but does this make Aether worthless now or will it be still relevant?

I am talking about aether powder, aether crystals, aether gems, aether, magical aether. 

If it still has value, can you advise what use it may have for the future?

If worthless, what do you advise I should do with the aether pre-6.0?

If Aethertapping is removed, it’s clear Aether will be worthless as soon as 6.0 hits, and I mean all of it. There’s no use since Aetherforging will take the cake for all the crafts. I’m not sure what you can do with it, just make sure to use it up or sell it beforehand.

1 hour ago, PassionTea-DN said:

One more question @Kubei-DN, (forgot to tag you in the post above)

The main source of my income was through alchemy and I currently have tons (I mean literal tons) of alchemy foods. From pots, elemental scrolls, other scrolls, serums, etc.

The google spreadsheet you provided that had the list of removed consumables. Greater Running/Courage/Awakening etc. were not part of that list. However, I was looking through 6.0 video footage and it seems that scrolls (all types) are just completely removed from the game.

Can you confirm if scrolls are obsolete in 6.0?

Do you know what happens to potions, serums, scrolls, (consumables) if they remain on the characters and 6.0 hits?

It’s mentioned that running/courage/awakening are removed (and I’m sure it’s on that list or in one of my posts). I believe players keep the scrolls until they run out, I’ve seen it on some templar dude still having them but at a very low quantity. So yeah, they become obsolete.

I’m guessing same will be with the potions and serums, at least for the Aetherforging ones.

Any video showing 6.5 daevanion skills? I couldn'd find any. :( (i really want to see daevanion Weaken Spirit new animations. *__*)

BTW, below is daevanion versions of WS.

정령 쇠약 

- Deals 2157 wind magical damage to a target within 25m

- Deals 665 additional damage if the target is a spirit

- Cast time: 2s

- If the skill delt critical damage, the next skill you use will also deal critical damage

- Consumes 8 shards

정령 속박

- Deals 1778 magical damage (no elemet) to a target within 25m and enemies 3m nearby. Immobilize them up to 3s (PVP duration 50%)

-Deals 665 additional damage if the target is a spirit

- Cast time: 1s

- Consumes 8 shards

3 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

They could give sins a type of stun that isnt removed by remove shock :D:D

That's how Aion worked in our first release.. Our first major patch, if I remember correctly, brought in remove shock.

Getting ganked by some sin without remove shock  is  gone forever, thankfully.

On 11/07/2018 at 6:17 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

She can step on me any time. :P

I am now a member of Ereshkigal's army; nyerk everyone else.

Thats why my Legion is called Ereshkigal is Rising.  She is the rightful queen of Atreia. The best balaur you will ever face in this game. 

4 hours ago, Sunix-DN said:

Thats why my Legion is called Ereshkigal is Rising.  She is the rightful queen of Atreia. The best balaur you will ever face in this game. 

Ereshkigal is the only one worth worshiping in this game.

3 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Tiamat is bae though.

But does Tiamat have ice powers, Bryonce??

Could someone please tell me if they have added the construction crafts (tables, couches, beds, etc) to the Aetherforging system yet? I want to know whether I should stock up on those crafts now, or if I will be able to purchase or craft them using the new system in the future.

Thank you!

Also, I read recently that all soulbound items in my possession predating 6.0 will become tradable across my account. If this is true, does that include all skins/gear I have acquired for completing missions, even if they say untradable in the description? What about coin gear I have purchased from npcs? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated! :)

tl;dr: A salty vet's long-ass rant welcoming the apocalypse.

"And I saw a new heaven and new earth. For the first heaven and first earth were gone..mourning, nor crying nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away."

I've read this entire thread and 6.x can't come soon enough. The wailing and gnashing of teeth from the chicken-little's have been delicious. I've come back to the game from a very long break and I'm so happy for these changes. The game has become more bloated than a week-old corpse in a pond.

With all of the different methods, kinah-sinks, time-gates to acquire and tinker with your gear, it doesn't just seem convoluted to a new player, it is. I understand keeping your playerbase interested through gear advancement, but it's turned into a carrot on a stick to keep you chasing the dragon. Especially once I learned gear can go poof, LOL. Welp, better keep popping in quarters and farm it up again or buy it off someone who has; at least it's "tradeable". Oh wait, you guys bitched about that too. 

And call it p2w or whatever, but I think paying customers deserve something (good) above players who want something for nothing. Paying customers' time isn't any less valuable. "I put in a lot of time and effort into grinding and farming for my gear. They shouldn't be allowed to have it and I demand new gear for free when the patch comes!" Stop being elitist dicks. ("Grinding" and "farming" aren't words typically synonymous with "fun" This is a GAME, remember?). They put a lot of time and effort into their jobs, and not only are they helping feed the families of the employees and provide a reason to turn the servers back on every Wednesday, they're also being productive members of society. And I know the type, the ones that spend large amounts of time standing at the <insert player market npc here> with the gear no one else should be allowed to have because inspiring envy in others gives their empty lives meaning. Plus I think it would be hilarious to see someone who got the Kaisinel transform roflstomp a bunch of overgeared chickenhawks. They're no longer the apex predator and they're scared and it's funny af.

You want the game worthwhile for you? Make it worthwhile for NC and kick them a few dollars.

Gear is like a cell phone; it has it's day and eventually becomes obsolete. That's been the incentive for moving to the new content for the past 20 years. Everyone take a deep breath and let go of your 5.8 RAZR gear and embrace the 6.x iphone gear. "But what about-" Nope. "But can I-" Shhhh. Everything's gonna be ok. There will always be better gear. You're fearing the one thing that can combat the massive chasm in "geared" and "not geared" caused by stat bloat. You want balanced PvP? Start there. Getting one-shot by a minion is broken and unfair yet getting two-shot by someone in gear and upgrades you'll never hope to see in the next year of playing is fair? Whatever. 6.x could delete my entire inventory and it wouldn't really matter because after a couple quest lines i'll have better gear anyway. Instead of worrying what they'll get in trade people should be happy they get ANYTHING for their old gear. Never before have I seen a free expansion in any mmo I've played hand out new gear for old.

Good riddance for removing empty, barren content and Hallelujah for streamlining the leveling arc. Seriously, how much shit opens up at 65? Most of it meant for PvP that never happens. Hmm, is Kaldor the next questing area? Nope. Ok how about Levinshore? Nope. Panseterra? Nope, try again. It's a waste of drive space for us and server resources for them. Anyone remember what happened to 90% of the content in EQ when PoP released? Instant ghost town. I saw maybe two other players going from 1-55 and maybe 10 players from 55-65. Let's face it, every mmo is about getting gear. The best gear is at the highest level. The game doesn't really start until you reach the level cap. And the vast majority of players are 70+. There are four kinds of new characters: 1. Alts, where you've done everything before and would rather just get to the gearing. 2. Returning players who would actually like to play with other people, hence getting to the cap. 3. Players whose high level friend(s) convinced them to get the game and play with them, and 4. Actual new players who will forget Aion is a multiplayer game until level 66. 

They removed legion and account warehouses, good. You'll actually have to play your alts rather than go afk and funnel them crap. Plus, gear is so easy to get does it really matter? Converting kinah to gold bars and starting over is a good way to stop the inflation and having new kinah character bound is a good way to control inflation. But having yet another form of currency seems redundant to me. (NCoin, Kinah, Abyss Points, Luna, and now Gold Bars? Really?) But I am happy for the removal of the 82 different kinds of medals, coins, marks, letters, etc. It became the very definition of "convoluted". 

I won't miss tradeskills. I have max armorsmithing and weaponsmithing from when they were useful and it was just a pain for me. MAYBE you might get the print. MAYBE you might get the fluxes. MAYBE you might get the greater item if MAYBE the combine doesn't fail. The amount of RNG just pushed it from rewarding to frustrating. Remember getting ganked farming a node? No more being a sitting duck.

Lastly, I hope armor starts to look like armor again and I really hope you can turn off the appearance of the transforms. If I wanted to kill pokemons in a 3-piece suit I'd go play Final Fantasy.

@Blyte-DN a couple of nit picks. "Getting one-shot by a minion is broken and unfair yet getting two-shot by someone in gear and upgrades you'll never hope to see in the next year of playing is fair?" I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, to be honest, because gear gap can be caused by both the aging of a game and p2w. You seemed a lot more okay with one of those than the other.

As for legion and account warehouses... ah... have you heard of the phrase 'storage space'? It comes up in Aion sometimes.

I hope my wailing and gnashing of teeth wasn't too intense here, and I apologise if it was.

I agree that paying customers should get something free players don't get. We should have a choice, farm and grind for it for free, or pay for the good stuff.

As for storage, I can see no legion but, I don't see a reason for no account warehouse All that's going to do is make us have to mail items to alts. better would be keep the account warehouse and, make 90% of gear account bound, no way to unbind it. Then we'd farm up the lower level stuff since we could pass it on to alts of the same class.

Agree with all that @Rakesh-DN said, and also...

3 hours ago, Blyte-DN said:

Especially once I learned gear can go poof, LOL. Welp, better keep popping in quarters and farm it up again or buy it off someone who has; at least it's "tradeable".

I'm guessing no one has informed you that using omega enchantment stones and greater mythic supplements 100% guarantees that your gear will not break except on Master Harvester and 80AP gear (which don't break to begin with).

I spend money on this game -- not a lot, around $40-50 a month. I also have "p2w" friends; they are wonderful people and very helpful in game. So I agree with you that they are unfairly vilified a lot. However, you must recognize that not everyone has a lot of money to spend on games every month. That's just how life is. There has to be a limit to what people can buy. If the casual, free-to-play players leave the game, then the game just continues its steady descent into death.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:12 PM, Sunix-DN said:

I was reluctant to accept that the minions would be the new godstones. But they will be. Koreans did not like it, this is something really bad but they won't change

5 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

@Blyte-DN a couple of nit picks. "Getting one-shot by a minion is broken and unfair yet getting two-shot by someone in gear and upgrades you'll never hope to see in the next year of playing is fair?" I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, to be honest, because gear gap can be caused by both the aging of a game and p2w. You seemed a lot more okay with one of those than the other.

As for legion and account warehouses... ah... have you heard of the phrase 'storage space'? It comes up in Aion sometimes.

I hope my wailing and gnashing of teeth wasn't too intense here, and I apologise if it was.

What I'm getting at is the hypocrisy of complaining about minions being unfair under the guise of p2w, when grinded gear, which is a-ok, provides the same net result. But it's the minions that are ruining PvP... Really these detractors just have a problem with the method of attainment, hence the outcry to make high end gear untradable.

And yes, I'm aware of storage. It's Aion's and many other mmo's way of metering the accumulation of crap that takes up code or as a pay-gate. It's the only thing in Warframe you must use bought currency to unlock. However, if the account warehouse is to be removed for the sake of slowing accumulation/gear trading then so should the legion warehouse. The only other option is for only the BG have access which would make everyone have their own legions for the sake of storage space. Which is just silly and sidesteps the entire purpose of having a legion.

4 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

I agree that paying customers should get something free players don't get. We should have a choice, farm and grind for it for free, or pay for the good stuff.

As for storage, I can see no legion but, I don't see a reason for no account warehouse All that's going to do is make us have to mail items to alts. better would be keep the account warehouse and, make 90% of gear account bound, no way to unbind it. Then we'd farm up the lower level stuff since we could pass it on to alts of the same class.

Why would anyone pay to unlock warehouse space when they could just make another alt and funnel stuff to their warehouse? NC obviously wants more control over this and to close this loophole.

I'm kinda worried about AP farming from what i see to purify a ultimate weapon you need like 20 million AP (plus another 5M from ancient to legendary), is like 5 times the current necesary ammount. So my question is what will happen with AP relics? should i hoard them or exchange them now?

Archived