Forums

GOOD BYE AION

Dooky-DN

4 hours ago, Reecie-KT said:

I am also done with this, decision made before this post. I am taking a different approach as right now selling off any items of large value. After that going to open a 1 kinah shop in Panda for the remainder of items, then find a new or returning user and give all the Kinah to said player. I will determine which so no begging lol. Might as well try to help someone who is still playing or wants to try the game. Character will be deleted after that.

All my friends left a long time ago, and I came back a year ago. I do like the game,but not going to contribute time for someone's ego. hacking in this game is rampant and there is legions full of them. I play two other games and yes maybe there is hackers but not in the quantity that I have seen here. By no means should that be a reason to justify cheaters. Everyone cheats so it's okay? Players that are 8k miles from server and can hit 5 skills in 2 seconds? lol okay.  There is other reasons such as ridiculous grind, but don't want to derail the thread.

Personal opinion of these people is, if you cheat in a game you will cheat in life. Therefore you really can't be trusted as having any moral value whatsoever. Not the game for me anymore and I only see this getting worse.

And I am sure you will be missed, Reecie. Your maturity makes me happy.

Hopefully you will check back in when 6.0 hits. Pretty sure the hackers will still be everywhere, but with the limit to enchantment and the elimination of the leveling grind, perhaps Aion will become what we all loved when we started playing. 

23 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Ask that to 1 of the 2 million people who have been banned from PubG so far.

It seems to me that the legit players are becoming a minority in gaming now days. All the cheaters i know from Ark who play Pubg  for every 1 of them banned 4 of them are not banned. Companies do not care because for games like PubG its more money and for games like Aion it means the paying player will pay more to stay competitive. 

Yes, but one big difference between Aion and PUBG is that in Aion you need to create an account, make the toons, level up, get the gear and use a lot of time just to start playing and if you get a ban here you lost a lot of time and effort and will take you a lot of time to be able to start doing the same again. In PUBG you just need an account and thats all. Is really fast to start playing and even if they ban you, you will need just few mins to be playing again (of course with another IP). So for them is harder to keep away the cheaters. Maybe they will need something like in LOL with an evolving account or a way to make the accounts and the time used there something important. 

In Aion we have cheaters cause nobody really pursues them. And the penalizations are really small compared with the action. Like those players who cheated in FP to get lvl 75 in few days and got bans from 2 weeks to 1 month? So they get the exp from 4-6 months in few days and they only lost 1 month in exchange and they even keep the level? Looks like a good  deal to me! where do I sign? Players hacking in open world pvp for months or even years and if they finally ban them, are just some days. And they had all the time to use hacks and create an ingame economy in another account just in case they get a ban and need to create another account. Or so much better! Do you remember that event where the players with more kills in open world PvP got the fire dragon skins (so rare and expensive on that time) and a lot of the winners on that list were famous cheaters? That was like giving a "businessman of the year award" to thiefs and corrups politicians cause they raised their money so fast. :P 

Pubg is amazing. Anyone who honestly hates it sucks at it. Only bad thing about pubg is the hacking but sadly nothing will ever be done because PC gaming is a rough gaming choice. 

Honestly I wouldn't recommend aion to anyone. And people should quit and leave this game and not let ncsoft ruin everything. You're the community, the players... They don't listen or care... So why give them money or time, or log in to show the game is active? I respect hime and cyan as people but man screw the company. I love aion, it was the best PvP I have had since I got banned on cabal. Nation war was the shit!

10 minutes ago, Techlord-KT said:

Just look at the NCsoft reviews (as a company) and compare it with another company like Blizzard. 

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/NCSOFT-Reviews-E23242.htm

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Blizzard-Entertainment-Reviews-E24858.htm

Aion is a fantastic game, perhaps one of the best MMO's, but NCsoft is a terrible company.

I don’t think you can compare between those two. NCWest is a direct subsidiary of NCKorea, and whatever Korea says is what NA does. While NA could’ve done better job at dealing with hackers, EU does a terrible job in keeping the game free to play. Blizzard is a US company if I’m not wrong.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I don’t think you can compare between those two. NCWest is a direct subsidiary of NCKorea, and whatever Korea says is what NA does. While NA could’ve done better job at dealing with hackers, EU does a terrible job in keeping the game free to play. Blizzard is a US company if I’m not wrong.

It really doesn't matter if a company is Us,korean,british or any nationality for that matter.If you wish to build a successful game with millions or hundreds of thousands of player's you have to treat their concerns with some integrity,honesty and desire to improve the relations between publisher and playerbase.

Aion as iv'e always stated had and still does have great potential but is ineptly run and manged by korea,although eu and na must follow korea's directions,there action against known hacker's and cheater's is utterly deplorable,and the sheer hide of them expecting player's to police their game is ridiculous.

Nc korea should truly do a internship at Blizzard and learn how to develop relationships between them and their paying player's and how to take effective action against known cheater's and hackers or any other game exploit,not just slap some little ban on said player because they spend money.

@Bryos-KT now youre getting it.

@Aly-DN first off I'm not a potato... I'm hash browns. Everyone loves me. And I don't want people to quit aion. I want people to make a stand if they are really that upset with how things are going. Sorry but that game gives nothing in return now. Wish aion didn't die to me, loved it a lot. I was even a fan of the gear breaking. Finally something to work toward. Now the game can be played by potato's because it's dumbed down. I'm not gunna keep doing the same thing over and over on multiple toons to barely gain an inch anywhere. Pve got lame to me idk what happened, pvp got to stressful for the p2w and cheaters so I am done trying to keep up. Rng wasn't very nice so I just won't play it's game anymore! 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:24 AM, Techlord-KT said:

Aion is a fantastic game, perhaps one of the best MMO's, but NCsoft is a terrible company.

You haven't had the misfortune of being acquainted with Nexon, Gameforge or AeriaGames among others, I see.

There is always room for improvement, but trust me when I say that even with the issues Aion faces NCsoft is still a mediocre company at worst.

• 3 months later...

Furthermore, Cyan and Hime are human beings and deserve to be treated with respect regardless

That really frustrates me, arent all who play aion/ work for NCsoft human beings? yet you defend this Cyan & Hime like if you don't, the NC boogie man will nyerk you in the night, WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS, so how about all you Nyerking idiots take this invigorating advice Vantheria-DN has given us & start treating all (Including the OP) the proper god dam respect.

Kind regards 

On 4/21/2018 at 0:19 PM, BlackMumba-DN said:

Furthermore, Cyan and Hime are human beings and deserve to be treated with respect regardless

That really frustrates me, arent all who play aion/ work for NCsoft human beings? yet you defend this Cyan & Hime like if you don't, the NC boogie man will nyerk you in the night, WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS, so how about all you Nyerking idiots take this invigorating advice Vantheria-DN has given us & start treating all (Including the OP) the proper god dam respect.

Kind regards 

I... I'm not sure if I'm being attacked here lmao.

But kind regards, guys. Kind regards.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:37 AM, Kubei-DN said:

The "While NA could've done better job at dealing with hackers..." is the part that I fault NCsoft for.  Because let's face it, we're not talking about an NC that is valiantly trying to stop hackers but is constantly being outmaneuvered or outsmarted because the hackers move faster using some technical wizardry.  No, we're talking about a company that, aside from relying on automatic systems like XIGNCODE... does not appear to put a single ounce of effort in stopping hackers.  And if a player tries to report hacking, the onus or burden of proof appears to be on the reporter to "prove" the hacking when a support ticket is written.  That's why nothing gets done.  That's why NC's lack of effort is so infuriating.

We've heard in the past about how helpless NCwest is with respect to the ability to update the servers to address the cheating.  Apparently NC Korea doesn't really support NCwest much on the technical side.  That's fine, that's the reality of it.

But what NCwest could EASILY do, but do not appear to be doing, is HIRE GMs that watch and patrol the game.  (No technical server or code mods needed, no technical assistance from Korea needed!)  Have GMs watch major game events.  If multiple players report possible cheating, have a GM invisibly and silently watch suspicious players for a while.  See what the suspects do in things like igdel or dredgion, or evergale, or sieges.  Because that's all face it---so much of the hacking occurs openly.  Suspicious teleporting or move speed hacks.  Ani-speed hacking.  Moving to places that players are not supposed to be able to reach.  Supposed invulnerability or instant healing.  If the cheaters are known by the player base, any real effort by NC's part to put GMs to simply put some due diligence and monitor the players should be able to spot it too.  (For some of these hacks, we're not talking about super stealthy and subtle stuff here.)  Any suspect behavior and the GM is empowered to give a temp-ban on the spot, with one chance of appeal via tech support before a perma ban happens.

And we only have two servers now, NC does not need an army of GMs to watch the game.  Once the bans for open cheating start happening, then the cheating might get more subtle but at least it would represent some honest effort to get the low hanging fruit.   But instead we get NO effort, no GMs monitoring the game.  And THIS is where I blame NC and rightfully so.  Apparently, even hiring a few GMs to interact with the player base, monitor suspicious players, and get in-game feedback about events (and otherwise showing some care to the players) is too expensive.

Archived