SERVER TRANSFER

GenericUser9657

I just emailed them (1/3/18) about when it would be up again, and they said:

"As of the moment we do not have any updates regarding the availability of server transfer. Server transfer was off due to Holiday Break."

In another email from the same day:

"The server transfer is currently unavailable. Kindly wait for any news and announcement regarding this on our website and forums."

Hopefully you guys get more information than this.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Probably not reenabled until a couple weeks or so after 5.8 launch :(

Why even ? Nobody's mass transferring items to purposefully disrupt economies on either servers (if this was their plan, they did so during the months of free transfers with unlimited kinah/GP features and the economies stabilized since then) while giggling demonically. Transfers have been closed since December 13th. The least they could do is reopen them for a short time just before the update hits or for the week after the 10th, then close them to "stabilize" (or whatever other half-baked reason they can come up with this time).

But, to be honest, they should keep them disabled... forever.

Just because it's not your problem doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Because all the people who handle transfers are barely back from holidays, if they are at all. Transfers on update day never go well (which is what activating transfers this week would be).

It could be the week after the update, for all you or I know. I was throwing out a guesstimate of when they've opened transfers in the past.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, Cyan said:

Hello there!

The holiday period and the update next week has postponed the character transfers for a bit, but the queueing will be available once again on January 17!

Thanks!

Hello!

Will we be able to request server transfers starting tomorrow? I have a question about that... I'm a returning player and got really and absolutely confused when I saw my name being changed to random letters like 'ASFFSA'. Last time I really played this game was maybe in 2016 and because of that I didn't know about the servers being merged and lost my previous name (which I loved). It's totally dumb but when I started the game and it asked me to choose a server I just clicked on 'Katalam' (not knowing about the names being gone)... I would've checked e.g. if my name was available if I had known about the name issue. It's really frustrating. I actually just checked and saw that both my names (I have two characters) are available on the other server (my nyerking luck tho). I already used one of my name tickets to a 'fake' name (Meleth = the l is a capital i ¬¬) I forgot that we even have the option to request a server transfer (I bit my 'behind' when I remembered that). This basically means if I want to transfer both my characters and buy one name ticket (because my dumba** used one) I have to pay 4640 Ncoins, right? Jeeesus...  is there a chance that both my characters (or, well, my account basically) can be moved to the other server at once? So that I at least have to pay for only one transfer + the one name ticket? :(  (Side question: Does it matter if we already made characters on the other server? I obviously made 2 characters to save my names... I'll delete those when my characters are on the server)

I just really want to play on the other server with my main Chanter - with its "main name". I've done sooo many quests, earned hard to get titles and it's highly skilled in essencetapping, aethertapping, etc... And I have to move both my Elyos characters because I always wanted to check out the Asmo story... so my Songweaver (which I also invested a lot of time in) automatically has to move to Danaria, too... I know it sounds stupid but this really bugs me. Aahh... this is frustrating. :(

Yes, I actually did that after reading the requirements for the transfer again... if the name is taken my character will receive a free name ticket... then I can delete the fake and saved one and give my character the name I want it to have. Kinda complicated but it makes sense. This will save me at least the 1440 ncoins for a name ticket. I also wrote a ticket to the support, maybe they can help me out, too. Thanks for your reply :)

15 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Create a character named MeIeth (same spelling as your Katalam character) on Danaria. A transfer will then reset the transferring character's name when they arrive on Danaria.

That's how it used to work, but a friend that transferred back in december tried that same trick to get a new name upon arriving on KT (transferring character named X, created new character with name X on KT) and instead, they changed the new (KT) character's name and gave the transferred char their old (DN) name back (while renaming the new char to gibberish).

Can't say if it would be better to ask help from Support before or after transferring though.

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Zoe-DN said:

Where is a transfer ?? It was not day 17?

Give us a cyan answer!!!!

We ran into a last minute issue with the Character Transfer process. We are working to get it fixed and it should be done here within the next few hours. I will update again when they are live.

• Aion Team

As an update for everyone, we're still tracking down the cause of the issue. Estimated time for Character transfer queueing is tomorrow. I'll give another update when things are ready to go!

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Cyan said:

As an update for everyone, we're still tracking down the cause of the issue. Estimated time for Character transfer queueing is tomorrow. I'll give another update when things are ready to go!

Thanks.

^^^^^^

34 minutes ago, Zoe-DN said:

Transfer, where are you??? ?

Reading is hard.

Archived