Server Merge

I think Ncsoft should consider resetting all GP as not only have you stripped the game from all competitive values over the years. The sieges are PVE however the Tenacity is PVP. Your new server merge cripples those from the new servers hence why they quit progressing when you made the announcement prematurely in december. Those who dont have the resources for lvl 75 archdaeva gear are screwed as they will never use there general gear even short term for merger. It is hard to compete in a environment of where people have played for many years for those who are new or took on a new beginning on Beritra. Its poor management to have so many players quit or lose interest.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how the merge will "cripple those from the new servers" when there are no new servers being added.  IS, TM, and KR are merging into AZPHEL REBORN.  SL and BR are merging into ARIEL REBORN.  NCsoft has not announced any new servers.  You may be confused with Gameforge, who is adding 4 new servers with their 5.6 patch launch.

2 minutes ago, Lumin-IS said:

I don't understand how the merge will "cripple those from the new servers" when there are no new servers being added.  IS, TM, and KR are merging into AZPHEL REBORN.  SL and BR are merging into ARIEL REBORN.  NCsoft has not announced any new servers.  You may be confused with Gameforge, who is adding 4 new servers with their 5.6 patch launch.

I took it to mean the newst servers on NA - Kahrun and Beritra. Both servers are small, their economies are nothing like Siel or Israphel (TM as well, I assume?) and the inflation on Siel in particular is going to upset a lot of people from BR. Especially when a whole bunch of people on BR rerolled to get away from Siel (and IS, but that point is moot.)

4 minutes ago, Lumin-IS said:

Lumin use your brain people 4+ years GP compared to those 1 year GP system very large gap those who are productive players will maintain rank but rank means nothing now aside from holding your gear

3 minutes ago, SwordNBoard-BR said:

Lumin use your brain people 4+ years GP compared to those 1 year GP system very large gap those who are productive players will maintain rank but rank means nothing now aside from holding your gear

But by your words. Rank means nothing now, so why take away the GP earned from years of dedication for something, that by your words - mean nothing. 

It's more so about the transformation skill than the rank. Rank doesn't mean anything aside having access to those AP Xform skills. I use my transform a lot on Israphel (I know we don't siege, weird right?) but xforming at siege solo out of coalition for PVP is still way more fun than most things in this game.

4 minutes ago, SwordNBoard-BR said:

Ok but you're completely wrong here.  Glory Points were introduced in 2014, so it's been around 3 years total.  Beritra was introduced in 2015, so there is a less than one year lag behind implementation of Glory Points and the advent of the Beritra server.  Also, gear is not based on rank anymore.  If you are still using Rank-based gear, you are undergeared and need to actually play the game and get Spinel gear.  

I wouldn't mind a GP reset, but it's not going to happen.  But you should at least try to make sense with the things you say.  I know that's hard for you though, CPD.  It's ok.  No one's judging you.

I think is more of a personal issue for you, Sword. You made a fresh start on BR and you will be losing your rank.

I think far more players will be upset by a reset of GP than will be if GP is left alone. Just my opinion, though.

1 minute ago, Nyinu-KR said:

I think is more of a personal issue for you, Sword. You made a fresh start on BR and you will be losing your rank.

I think far more players will be upset by a reset of GP than will be if GP is left alone. Just my opinion, though.

Agreed. I'm not much of a GP fanatic like most people, but I don't agree with "punishing" long-term players in favor of making things easy for "newer" characters. 

21 minutes ago, Scooopz-IS said:

It's more so about the transformation skill than the rank. Rank doesn't mean anything aside having access to those AP Xform skills. I use my transform a lot on Israphel (I know we don't siege, weird right?) but xforming at siege solo out of coalition for PVP is still way more fun than most things in this game.

the same people who hold rank and xform will continue to do so those mediocre may fall 

14 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

my concern is not my rank i gave that up freely it's the X amount of the general population who had given up progressing in december players had returned to TM KR IS SL as they had been informed they would be wasting there time on beritra. The fact Beritra was a very strong server to nothing should tell you the numbers in limbo here. I still play but im speaking for those who do not have the interest.

2 minutes ago, Tetsuya-IS said:

So people will continue doing what they do, so what was the point of bringing this up? Lol. 

current ranking of the merger is nothing but a number let the active generals commander governor be on top again competing a million GP could soon be 100k fact of the matter is they will still be ranked without shorting the other players of the oppertunity

BR was a strong server because most people wanted a fresh start, or if you were a new player the chances of getting a rank high enough to transform (the main draw of the long haul) was basically inattainable.

The GP system was screwed up since day 1 where anyone with enough AP could buy rank and make it impossible to catch up (you can see who it is on your server because the gaps are HUGE). The 1450 monthly requirement was a nice start but that system needs work as well. 1450 is too small a number IMO. Anyone can get that in a single day if they do arenas/instances/siege.

Wait. So you are saying that BR has a low population because there was going to be a merge? Not because people got bored or decided to return to their home servers for some other reason? Again.. I think you are jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on your own personal feelings.

But let's say you are correct. BR died because of the merger announcement and rerolls returned to their home servers in order to keep their ranking. How does taking away their ranking and giving it to the few left on BR help that?

1 minute ago, SwordNBoard-BR said:

my concern is not my rank i gave that up freely it's the X amount of the general population who had given up progressing in december players had returned to TM KR IS SL as they had been informed they would be wasting there time on beritra. The fact Beritra was a very strong server to nothing should tell you the numbers in limbo here. I still play but im speaking for those who do not have the interest.

Yes I'm bored...

I understand where you're coming from. The server merge announcement might have discouraged people from playing on BR for a time and convinced others to go back to the main servers. But if you're trying to speak for their benefit, then resetting the GP is just punishing them as well. Wouldn't you say? 

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

BR population tanked well before the merge announcement, man. :/

Many of the server populations tanked way before merge announcement.... hence the merge announcement! :D

2 minutes ago, Scooopz-IS said:

BR was a strong server because most people wanted a fresh start, or if you were a new player the chances of getting a rank high enough to transform (the main draw of the long haul) was basically inattainable.

The GP system was screwed up since day 1 where anyone with enough AP could buy rank and make it impossible to catch up (you can see who it is on your server because the gaps are HUGE). The 1450 monthly requirement was a nice start but that system needs work as well. 1450 is too small a number IMO. Anyone can get that in a single day if they do arenas/instances/siege.

yes but Ncsoft can rebalance that this time around no ap exchange let people pvp for it well PVE in EB too i guess

2 minutes ago, Tetsuya-IS said:

Yes I'm bored...

I understand where you're coming from. The server merge announcement might have discouraged people from playing on BR for a time and convinced others to go back to the main servers. But if you're trying to speak for their benefit, then resetting the GP is just punishing them as well. Wouldn't you say? 

who is it punishing those active players will maintain there rank the very next day your smart enough of a guy to understand that erasing a large number means nothing

It was not what's new, but what do you need? The strongest equipment the rank serve only for the use of the Xform AP, I that game 5 years ago had the dream of me transform one day, but it is not possible anymore XD, with a merger believed to the game will get busier and this is Obviously for everyone, an inflation of older servers will certainly allow them to become younger, but over time this will naturally be stabilized.

2 minutes ago, SwordNBoard-BR said:

who is it punishing those active players will maintain there rank the very next day your smart enough of a guy to understand that erasing a large number means nothing

You're speaking for yourself here. Erasing a large number aka resetting the GP is a punishment for people who have played for a long time. The veteran players. Say person X played for 4 years and has a lot of GP, not because they farm GP nonstop, but because they spent the time and effort. Then person Y earns 3x more GP daily because they have the time and resources. Person X will have to endure another 4-6 years to maybe even hope of retaining the GP rank they previously had. 

Make sense?

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

I'll put this as gently as I can.

It's not going to happen, CPD. It punishes more players than it benefits, and no other region did it. Nyerk would hit the fan if they did. Bummer for you and BR.

Who does it punish you? lol you are a cleric therefor you can join any group for GP contribution as your class is in demand for you to not have confidence in this 

1 minute ago, Tetsuya-IS said:

You're speaking for yourself here. Erasing a large number aka resetting the GP is a punishment for people who have played for a long time. The veteran players. Say person X played for 4 years and has a lot of GP, not because they farm GP nonstop, but because they spent the time and effort. Then person Y earns 3x more GP daily because they have the time and resources. Person X will have to endure another 4-6 years to maybe even hope of retaining the GP rank they previously had. 

Make sense?

4-6 months? does not amount to 4 years if the gap was only a few months gap sure people would still play Beritra is a ghost town after the announcement yet for them to not deliver in spring as intended

Archived