Server Merge

Just now, SwordNBoard-BR said:

Who does it punish you? lol you are a cleric therefor you can join any group for GP contribution as your class is in demand for you to not have confidence in this 

I'm a sorc. I've been a sorc since 3.7.

And, I'll say it again: It's not going to happen.

You should probably come to terms with this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The merge didn't kill BR, it was the toxicity of the server, it was brand new steam players or the elite of the elite bored and wanting something new. I rerolled BR and didn't want to deal with the grind, regaining gear, rank etc. Not to mention if you weren't in an established group of people (probably from your old server) it was a hell of a time. 

Give me IS LFG before BR any day of the week!

7 minutes ago, SwordNBoard-BR said:

yes but Ncsoft can rebalance that this time around no ap exchange let people pvp for it well PVE in EB too i guess

AP exchange is not the only issue because if they took say EB gp away they would just AFK arena with an Alt so they can get quick pops against no one.

If they truly wanted a siege rank they should add fortress points and the only way to obtain that rank is via killing gates/fortress boss. That would be the only way they could stop ppl trading AP for it. You should also have to be in the winning League to obtain the points that way it forces people to group up for what is meant to be a faction event. 

1 minute ago, CaptainSquid-SL said:

AP exchange is not the only issue because if they took say EB gp away they would just AFK arena with an Alt so they can get quick pops against no one.

If they truly wanted a siege rank they should add fortress points and the only way to obtain that rank is via killing gates/fortress boss. That would be the only way they could stop ppl trading AP for it. You should also have to be in the winning League to obtain the points that way it forces people to group up for what is meant to be a faction event. 

afk arena would not contend with those who actually play them out

Dingsky was top 30 and 90% of what he did was AFK arena when he was off working. I would say its very viable even against those people that do 100s of EB he was still top 30 SL elyos. Unless they stopped selling arena tickets.

2 minutes ago, Scooopz-IS said:

The merge didn't kill BR, it was the toxicity of the server, it was brand new steam players or the elite of the elite bored and wanting something new. I rerolled BR and didn't want to deal with the grind, regaining gear, rank etc. Not to mention if you weren't in an established group of people (probably from your old server) it was a hell of a time. 

Give me IS LFG before BR any day of the week!

Pretty much this. ^

I played on BR. I rerolled a brand new sorc there, who I even got halfway decent gear on (RIP Cheesecake-BR), but that server made IS-E and SL-A look like they were filled with saints and angels, it was so toxic. By the time I gave up on my character there and transferred my KR sorc to SL-A, the population was already dead, and that was months before they announced merge. People had already abandoned the server before the merge announcement happened.

And arenas can be surprisingly effective for farming GP with. I think the KR-A gov farmed a crackton of his GP with arenas?

2 minutes ago, CaptainSquid-SL said:

Dingsky was top 30 and 90% of what he did was AFK arena when he was off working. I would say its very viable even against those people that do 100s of EB he was still top 30 SL elyos. Unless they stopped selling arena tickets.

i believe it's more so of what he did when he was active as well

No, Sword. What you are saying makes no sense.

You say that the announcement of the merge killed BR. That many people returned to their home servers because they didn't want to lose their rank. Your solution is to.. TAKE AWAY THEIR RANK.

It's true that those on BR are, for the most part, going to lose their rank. It's true that those on IS, TM and KR are going to lose their ranks at higher numbers than SL and BR because three servers merging into one is tougher than two merging into one. The whole GP thing is going to stink and many many people are going to be effected. But it would be far more unfair to erase everyone's past efforts and reset the GP. It's like saying that everyone should go into the merge with starter gear because on some servers it has been easier to get ap, medals, omegas and pre-enchanted gear from the broker.

You go ahead and compete your little heart out after the merge, alright? You will have more ground to make up, but you are up to the challenge, right?

54 minutes ago, Lumin-IS said:

If you are still using Rank-based gear, you are undergeared and need to actually play the game and get Spinel gear.  

The problem on BR is that there are not enough medals on the market, that's why most of the people are still running around with L65a2 gear.

But anyway, to get back to the topic. Rank doesn't mean anything. Why do you care about it so much CPD? You being General doesn't mean anything to me. Hench, people can have my 5* rank if they want. I never aimed for it, never asked for it, never cared for it.

Aion already said Gp will not reset. All our ranked gear will still be usable and they will give out items to ones whom lose rank. Not to mention some people put alot of $$ into getting GP especially when the Gp Trader was around. Honestly it won't affect me it they do not. the new gear isnt rank required. All you get is some more metals. 

No matter which is chosen, there will be upset players.  There are pros and cons to each decision. On one hand, many players have devoted many, many hours (and real life money on EB scrolls) to obtain their rank; yet those wishing to climb (be it returning user, newer-ish servers, etc.) are left in the dust if they wish to be anything  5star+.
Previous resets/introduction of GP system was refreshing, imo. It allowed for a complete roster change. OTOH, if it didn't reset we would keep those who have shown their dedication to keeping their ranks & xform abilities.

I argue that it would be interesting to see players compete again for their rank rather than just accepting that their current hold of 20k gp will never surpass someone merging with 2,000,000+ . There's also plenty of xform ranks that I swear do not even have the abilities on their skillbar (they never transform). Or the skill is there but they "don't want to spend AP on seeds".  Someone with 20k who started later but is active in every siege has no chance of ever obtaining an xform ability post-merge. Each server has had a different population and a different (im)balance; which is why I'm all for a reset- so one server can't dominate the others.
Most of the people wanting resets are low rank and most of the people against it are higher rank. Every person's decision is going to be a biased one of what they themselves will gain out of it. I'm a 4star, I'll be nothing once merge hits, which doesn't bother me. My gear will remain the same. I have no ambition of obtaining xform rank again. My gain would be a clean slate. A fair chance for everyone as they'd start from 0 and a re-introduction of competition.

In a personal sense, I'm very skeptical of what I've heard/seen of the ranks Kahrun will be merging in with and how they act during sieges. 

1 minute ago, Maleficent-KR said:

Aion already said Gp will not reset. All our ranked gear will still be usable and they will give out items to ones whom lose rank. Not to mention some people put alot of $$ into getting GP especially when the Gp Trader was around. Honestly it won't affect me it they do not. the new gear isnt rank required. All you get is some more metals. 

GP merchant was in game currency nobody but DavidPM was dumb enough to buy the items off BCM

Just now, SwordNBoard-BR said:

GP merchant was in game currency nobody but DavidPM was dumb enough to buy the items off BCM

Dude... xD u i meant in the past people paid for gp lol .. So idk if aion is gonna be all let me Take it or not. 

but Friendzone makes a very very good point. Ones whom want to keep it are high ranks ones whom don't arent. no matter what happens people will complain , Saddly no one can please every one.

im not ranked but i do feel that all the non active afkers  should be removed. sadly aion does not have the time to figure out whom is afk and not. like i said before xD They can reset i wont care lol ill have my gear, All the new gear is not ranked either , All they got is medals and xform. which on KR most don't use any way lol. either way what happens is what happens.  

The GP must be respected, for the time that some players have dedicated, throwing it to the ground, the time invested and remaining in nothing, and that another comes to occupy your place is a bad taste, no one would like to try, please To be coherent in proposing initiatives, in this merge there will be many changes, many will bother, like the decrease in the general rank to have difference between 1 server to another, but even so these are tolerable things, because you do not lose your GP that has Cost to obtain, and to lose it would suppose that many more stop playing for those bad decisions.

7 minutes ago, Goticia-KR said:

The GP must be respected, for the time that some players have dedicated, throwing it to the ground, the time invested and remaining in nothing, and that another comes to occupy your place is a bad taste, no one would like to try, please To be coherent in proposing initiatives, in this merge there will be many changes, many will bother, like the decrease in the general rank to have difference between 1 server to another, but even so these are tolerable things, because you do not lose your GP that has Cost to obtain, and to lose it would suppose that many more stop playing for those bad decisions.

The issue really is... and CPD has said it several times already. He deems GP values as a non-factor and there's a lot of people that have worked hard to obtain the GP (crazy amounts) they have. It may not have achievement value to you CPD because you're up to just giving it up. I understand that the difference in BR vs IS / SL is pretty great, but sometimes you have to accept that. 

But people have their opinions. So let it be. 

we are losing many players for the hack, imbalance of factions, etc, sometimes the decision more laudable is to leave things as they are, or ask all of them seems to be more correct, respecting more the weight the opinion of those who have to lose, so that in the end the decision is the least painful for all.

16 minutes ago, Goticia-KR said:

we are losing many players for the hack, imbalance of factions, etc, sometimes the decision more laudable is to leave things as they are, or ask all of them seems to be more correct, respecting more the weight the opinion of those who have to lose, so that in the end the decision is the least painful for all.

PLZ NO turn threat to hack.

Archived