Forums

Luna is the reason why Aion is dead

Neleth-KT

I want exp orbs removed from luna instance and shorter time in luna instance half or just remove luna instance and reduce materials that need for crafting.
Luna is the reason why people don't play the game,why play the game when you can get afk for exp each day without doing anything.

Remove FoO/Luna will free people time to do instances together and have fun.

I'm not saying they need to remove Luna instances now but they should in 6.0 patch.
However I don't know if we will get new abbey in 5.8 or not.

But if we do I hope it will boost exp greatly.

Going to disappoint you here, but Luna actually is good. Maybe not the dice game and other stuff, but you get a free craft, weekly and daily dungeon that also drop mats. Luna helped me get mounts, pets and skins I always wanted to have without wasting millions of kinah or spending any real money on it. You can afk them if you wish, but a rank S in both dungeons has a 50% chance for Tempering Solution and Omega. I think it's worth it.

The game is very grindy right now, removing the exp will simply force people to quit. In 5.8 we get Fissure of Oblivion that has an option that gives 50% more exp, but we don't know if it's going to be part of the western release (which I think it should be regardless). Aion cannot be a grind game, it must be a lore-based game as it was from the very beginning. 6.0 is fixing that, hopefully.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Luna isn't nowhere near the reason aion is dead or dying. Like, the whole breaking of gear and removing of much loved maps didn't make you think that was a good reason why the game started to die or fall apart? Or the whole tempering everything? Or gear having no enchantment restrictions? Leveling isn't all that you do in Aion. There's this thing called pvp and pve that a lot of people like to do (instead of make a ton of mostly useless/baseless posts on the forums all day). Getting to 75 isn't all that it's cracked up to be either. I took my time and still had a lot of fun.

16 minutes ago, Jayda-KT said:

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Luna isn't nowhere near the reason aion is dead or dying. Like, the whole breaking of gear and removing of much loved maps didn't make you think that was a good reason why the game started to die or fall apart? Or the whole tempering everything? Or gear having no enchantment restrictions? Leveling isn't all that you do in Aion. There's this thing called pvp and pve that a lot of people like to do (instead of make a ton of mostly useless/baseless posts on the forums all day). Getting to 75 isn't all that it's cracked up to be either. I took my time and still had a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Ashtar-KT said:

Luna keeps a lot of people logging in everyday. The reason's the game is dead atm have been gone over so many times it's like beating a dead horse.

I think this is self explanatory. 

If you calling logging luna afk is something u call making game alive then we should let bots go free since it make people login too.

It's true that it isn't only reason but it's one of the reasons why the game dies.I didn't ask luna instances to be remove at 5.8 but I'm asking them to remove it in 6.0 since exp problem was took care of in 6.0

Jayda if u don't post about my posts being useless then we can discuss like civil people but since u mentioned it I say ur post is full of bias and so much hated toward to me so save urself ur time never come in and reply in my thread again.Go wherever you like anywhere but not here.

12 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Jayda if u don't post about my posts being useless then we can discuss like civil people but since u mentioned it I say ur post is full of bias and so much hated toward to me so save urself ur time never come in and reply in my thread again.Go wherever you like anywhere but not here.

reaaaallllyyyy.gif~original

I said "mostly" useless. I'm being totally civil right now. I was elaborating on Ashtar's post, kinda.

Luna bubble XP is not why the game is dying/dead. Not even close to why the game is dying/dead. I'm not going to sit here and rehash all the changes that have killed the game in Korea and NA, but luna isn't it at all.

So, yes, this is another baseless post from you.

Congratulations, you got me to respond to one of your baseless, trolly threads. +1 postcount.

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Going to disappoint you here, but Luna actually is good. Maybe not the dice game and other stuff, but you get a free craft, weekly and daily dungeon that also drop mats. Luna helped me get mounts, pets and skins I always wanted to have without wasting millions of kinah or spending any real money on it. You can afk them if you wish, but a rank S in both dungeons has a 50% chance for Tempering Solution and Omega. I think it's worth it.

Well i think that is a extremely optimistic percentage,  in my experience geting Omega from Rank S is around 30%, and temperings i would say 10-15%, i did 12 runs last week and and I only got 2.  
thanks for your advice @Johngunmad-KT , now i'm a bit less human and a bit more tryhard, i run dual client to do 2 weekly Rank S at the same time, not that hard once you get the hang of it :P.

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

The game is very grindy right now, removing the exp will simply force people to quit. In 5.8 we get Fissure of Oblivion that has an option that gives 50% more exp, but we don't know if it's going to be part of the western release (which I think it should be regardless). Aion cannot be a grind game, it must be a lore-based game as it was from the very beginning. 6.0 is fixing that, hopefully.

From what i read in Aion PowerBook in 5.8 mobs inside Fissure will give 1,5 to 2x more experience (i guess that includes fatties)  the 50% more exp you say i think is a buff only for ppl playing in suscribed PC Rooms.

5 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I want exp orbs removed from luna instance and shorter time in luna instance half or just remove luna instance and reduce materials that need for crafting.
Luna is the reason why people don't play the game,why play the game when you can get afk for exp each day without doing anything.

We know the leveling in 6.0 will be a lot easier, so getting a bit of free exp from luna wouldn't matter at all, with the partial remove of archdaeva things and E-forms is highly probable they will remove FoO too.

AFKing luna is a matter of choice, coz you dont get anything at all from a Rank B not even Luna blessing for the luna craft, and if you put the effort to get Rank S can be really helpful for the non-P2W ppl, and the Exp you say is a Drop of water in the sea nowadays... yeah in lower lvls is a lot of exp but lv 70 onwards doing a free daily run is almost nothing.

7 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I'm not saying they need to remove Luna instances now but they should in 6.0 patch.

In other words, you have already farmed enough mounts and cabinets and skins, so players who come later, should get nothing. Got it.

I can't fix my post on first one so I'm saying this again.

Remove luna instances and reduce materials that needs for crafting or just half time of luna instance and reomove exp.
For godsake I'm not advice to remove in 5.8

Yes afk can get S-rank too I've got it too many times.(And done it in 15 mins each char by afking)

Luna is the reason why people keep making alternates,it's the reason why people choose to afk luna more than doing something together.
Now it's even worse we got kumiki bi-weekly too that's mean entire day we can only do luna,kumiki,FoO and that took all of ur day already.

Luna instance can be removed by simple just add all drops of instances into luna material boxes.

12 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Not a grind game --

-- like it was from the beginning.

YOOOO IM DEAD

It took almost 2 hours to ding L14-15 back at 1.5 Launch.

Luna Xp is nice during the beginning of Arch Daeva content, but you do realize if someone were to do solely Lunas, it would take probably 3 years of logging daily to reach 75. It's XP is nearly nothing come later in the game, and you gain far more XP from various instances in a shorter amount of time. (i.e. duoing DL, boat @ Sanctum Defense, Duoing/soloing CoE/AoE/etc)

1 minute ago, Jake-DN said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Not a grind game --

-- like it was from the beginning.

YOOOO IM DEAD

It took almost 2 hours to ding L14-15 back at 1.5 Launch.

Luna Xp is nice during the beginning of Arch Daeva content, but you do realize if someone were to do solely Lunas, it would take probably 3 years of logging daily to reach 75. It's XP is nearly nothing come later in the game, and you gain far more XP from various instances in a shorter amount of time. (i.e. duoing DL, boat @ Sanctum Defense, Duoing/soloing CoE/AoE/etc)

Of course, if you had a piece of brain, you'd actually understand that grind does not equal questing. The whole 5.x patch was all about grinding on mobs with almost no quests in 5.0, you had Fissure, hard af AoE and quests that gave so little. During the whole 5.0-5.6 patch NCWest struggled to reward players with just bit of exp events.

Back when Aion was released, I know how it played, I tried the game out on release, the difference is that the game was much more rewarding, you had much more quests. People specifically glorify any patch pre 4.8, and 6.0 is attempting to restore that.

You want to know what's grind? Try Rohan Blood Feud, back in the day, getting from 40 to 45 would take a month. Someone took 6 months to hit level 80 from 79 and they were spending money on the cash shop.

Grind on mobs =/= Questing.

I get where the OP is going with this. Luna has, in a sense, killed any reason there was left to group for xp, especially in the lower levels. But much of that was DOA long before luna showed up. Quite frankly, luna has helped far more than it has hurt in that regard. 

TBH, from a personal pov were it not for Luna, I probably wouldnt even log in nowadays. Whenever I find myself dreading to do so, I remind myself that I need to check for the latest recipes. Sad that such a minor component respresents the bulk of my desire to play this game atm, but thats the honest truth.

26 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Luna is the reason why people keep making alternates,it's the reason why people choose to afk luna more than doing something together.

Now it's even worse we got kumiki bi-weekly too that's mean entire day we can only do luna,kumiki,FoO and that took all of ur day already.

Luna instance can be removed by simple just add all drops of instances into luna material boxes.

The lack of worthwhile content in the present Aion is why people turn to Luna and the stuff you mentioned to begin with. If you can't provide them with reasons to play, at least give them reasons to login. A player who logs in 15 mins to do that stuff you mentioned is still better than a player who doesn't login at all.

I think you are mistaken on the whole cause and effect thing.

29 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Of course, if you had a piece of brain, you'd actually understand that grind does not equal questing. The whole 5.x patch was all about grinding on mobs with almost no quests in 5.0, you had Fissure, hard af AoE and quests that gave so little. During the whole 5.0-5.6 patch NCWest struggled to reward players with just bit of exp events.

Back when Aion was released, I know how it played, I tried the game out on release, the difference is that the game was much more rewarding, you had much more quests. People specifically glorify any patch pre 4.8, and 6.0 is attempting to restore that.

You want to know what's grind? Try Rohan Blood Feud, back in the day, getting from 40 to 45 would take a month. Someone took 6 months to hit level 80 from 79 and they were spending money on the cash shop.

Grind on mobs =/= Questing.

You obviously didn't play during launch.

There were little to no quests and you had to continuously grind on mobs to level up. 5.0 was much like the launch of Aion, just far more p2w content.

My mind wasn't really clear when I created this topic,a bit of piece of information keep coming a little.

I'll state here again I DO NOT WISH TO REMOVE LUNA I only want luna instance to be remove along with exp in 6.0 and add materials u got from instances into luna material boxes.
Sorry for topic misleading.

*Remove luna instances not luna itself*

So people got more time to do other stuff rather than stuck themselves in luna

As I've already stated add materials u got from instances into luna material boxes what's the purpose of the instance ? nothing ? why keep it ?

Archived