The Little Completionist That Could (potentially)

Bryos-DN

After the 6.0 news, I decided to finally make myself complete the quests I have not completed, as well as a few others objectives. I need a bit of assistance with a few things that have been a boulder in my way.

Gelkmaros

• This one has been giving me trouble for literally years. The quest is "Unusual Trap", it starts from this Grass-wooven Trap which spawns somewhere near/around the Strigik Forest (northeast). I spent hours roaming around the area with a macro, checked everywhere online, even had a friend check server files to try find its location. Anyone know about it? It is literally the only quest in Gelkmaros I have left to complete (well, I also have the Decrees of Valor left to do, but that will be eventually finished).

Iluma

• I want to finish my Atreian Bestiary with every single mob. Getting there. There are however two mobs that I cannot find; "Windswept Griffon" and "Blue spotted Ribbit". They supposedly spawn in Zephyr Vale during daytime. I checked on all floating platforms, ground level and camped a whole in-game day in there. Still couldnt find them. Bugged, missing something?

Will maybe post more later, if I remember stuff. :P

You use a fan-made database to help you. you know, AionCodex, AionDB, AionPowerbook. When I look for a zone, for instance, Gelkmaros, I look up all quests in Gelkmaros and compare it to my "Completed" list on my journal. If I am missing one, I just take note of it. :P

I can't help either but I'm curious how many quests you have completed. I'm at 1,562 myself but still have quite a few to do. Also on the repeatable ones do you guys do all the repeats or just once and done? I'm trying to do all the repeats but it gets boring.

I am almost at 3,000. I did however complete nearly every single quest in low level areas, even the removed ones in removed zones and the old Reshanta ones. Event ones as well.

As for repeatables, only if they give a good reward for doing them, like a weapon that I keep as souvenir or title.

Well, here is another inquiry about the Atreian Bestiary. As you may know, the sapien races for Norsvold are Mau and Calydon, and Krall and Strigik for Iluma. Under the "Rare" tab, it says the book for those can be acquired by killing the elites that spawn at nighttime and daytime.

My question is, is it broken? I only got books for killing named mobs, ans the elites are not giving me anything. I would much rather avoid named mobs because they takes ages to solo. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going to post about this, but then it just solved. Evergale Canyon has this quest that introduces the artifacts in Northern and Southern Caves, asking you to investigate them. However, this one will only update if you visit the caves when the artifact is neutral, not Elyos or Asmodians. So, the only way is to do it as soon as the instance enables it.

Archived