Scheduled Game Update - January 10, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just updated and disconnect because you know maintenance and went back and no patch notes. I already have a fair idea of what's happening in 5.8 because of Aion Powerbook but I know for sure NA does things differently as we didn't get all the 5.6 godstones, and the patch notes are the ONLY way for verification on what we will get.

31 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I don't know why the make it a policy to release it on the day of the maintenance as oppose to a good week before hand.

I can give you one single reason (but it's just my point of view): what would it happen if you knew in advance that some item will be removed? or will become more valuable? Think about omega stones, tempering, stigma. People will rush to the broker, selling/buying them, and the faster to read the patch notes (granted that he's at home and not at work/school) will be the richest. We are already able to foresee something from aionpowerbook, but as you said, NCWest may adapt it a bit to our market, or bring only half patch.

It's better to check your wounds after the patch.

EDIT (to avoid double post): nah, BR are definitely more than 5%

35 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

I can give you one single reason (but it's just my point of view): what would it happen if you knew in advance that some item will be removed? or will become more valuable? Think about omega stones, tempering, stigma. People will rush to the broker, selling/buying them, and the faster to read the patch notes (granted that he's at home and not at work/school) will be the richest. We are already able to foresee something from aionpowerbook, but as you said, NCWest may adapt it a bit to our market, or bring only half patch.

It's better to check your wounds after the patch.

EDIT (to avoid double post): nah, BR are definitely more than 5%

True, but same enterprise does that for another of its games (BnS) and NEVER made confusion nor problem for playerbase or anything. They announce weeks previously any item that will be gone, they also have trade options for the ones who didnt sold (or didnt want) and nobody cryed. they usually offer gold compensation or the equivalent item as trade, so its a win-win. But please dont get upset with me. Just stating the facts.

Another fact is: how incredible it is on same enterprise the big gap between game support teams, just to mention Aion vs BnS..... Its scary and frustrating -.- ME WANTS PATCH NOTES!!!!!

I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to tip their hand on items removed or some such. 

I honestly think it has far more to do with Aion not having a single dedicated staff member. Anyone that works on Aion also works on several other games. BnS still has dedicated staff members who do nothing but BnS. Since their sole focus is BnS, they keep on top of things like the store, events and updates. While all of Aion's things seem to be done last minute and rushed. 

29 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

You're right a week before the update could be too good for a powerful player like me, though my reasoning was more like I'm bored and just want to know.

Coming from you, that's like saying you have the biggest 'package' but it's dysfunctional.

Best to go clean up the house or take a nap or play something else if you're that bored.

Is that difficult to post the new patch notes? We should be able to read the notes at least a day in advance but as usual here it comes the mess. Then you will do meetings to gather players to find out how to make Aion better again. Probs paying more attention to the game and loving it a bit more would help. 

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Isn't this the truth! Love logging in after patch day to have players for -days- asking in LFG, "So what's new?" Right! I forgot it was our job to read the patch notes and type out a tl;dr from your lazy bottom!

So where are the patch notes? I need to start preparing!

On a side and semi-connected note, does anyone else find it funny that there are still people who login and immediately start shouting in all caps in LFG that NCSoft screwed up their name?

Days? More like WEEKS in my experience lol

You're right too, when you tell them it's all in the patch notes they say 'I never read patch notes I am too lazy to read' well I AM TOO LAZY TO TYPE!!

I must admit I find it odd people are still logging in with their merged tag, probably didn't read about the name change ticket in their inventory either.

8 minutes ago, Ozone-DN said:

WHERE ARE PATCH NOTES? IM CLIENT AION AND THIS ARE ABSURD

===============================

You send the manual to a pilot of air in last minute 

XSupportX

If the pilot is anything like most of the Aion players he wouldn't read the manual anyway, he'd just get airborne then ask the passengers to tell him what was in it.

6 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

If you all could just cut it with the "NA does things differently" crap, because it is not true. The 5.6 godstones were not released in other regions as well. 

Not true, they were released in some P2W events on EU and RU. I remember Accordance talking about the new godostones hitting Russian Servers in an event.

But I don't want those here in NA, so lets not complain

Archived