The saddest part of every update

Ele-DN

I joined a group for the new group instance, Frozen Monolith, and there was 3 others in the group. Obviously it didn't fill quickly because everyone is looking at other new content and the group leader goes "Looking at a youtube vid of how to do it.." and something about how everyone else should too.... I mean whats the point? Watching the vid to what is already  done and makes the instance get worn out faster

Its not just an Aion problem, its basically a millenial problem. I sometimes get the impression that this generation wouldn't know how to wipe their own butts properly without there first being an depth step-by-step YouTube video on how to do so.

Used to be you went into a brand new MMO dungeon and felt your way through the hard way. You died, but you learned. Then came the inevitable thrill of clearing the last boss, and the sense of fullfillment that came with perseverance. 

But now? Nope, gotta clear it "NAO"! (Then whine about how dull it got after a single day.)

Sad indeed.

4 minutes ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

Because there are a limited amount of entries it is important to try not fail so you don't waste other people's time. If we had a cool-down system instead it wouldn't matter as much.

So you're telling me that if your group watch a vid and did it on the first day the update came out is the same as anyone watching the same vid you watched and wanting to join your group 10 months from now?

Flying blind is great when you play single player games but if you bring down 5 other people with you isn't that a bit selfish? Besides a well designed game is still difficult even if you know what to do like Cuphead. Also, more often than not games aren't designed to be good but to force a barrier that encourages you to pay to clear. We are seeing more and more whaling tactics creeping into AAA games which creates games with little substance if you don't pay or wait ages.

2 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

So you're telling me that if your group watch a vid and did it on the first day the update came out is the same as anyone watching the same vid you watched and wanting to join your group 10 months from now?

Before I try to answer that question please clarify what you're trying to compare. Reducing a chance of failure, aka doing research, is the same no matter when you do it.

1 hour ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

Flying blind is great when you play single player games but if you bring down 5 other people with you isn't that a bit selfish? Besides a well designed game is still difficult even if you know what to do like Cuphead. Also, more often than not games aren't designed to be good but to force a barrier that encourages you to pay to clear. We are seeing more and more whaling tactics creeping into AAA games which creates games with little substance if you don't pay or wait ages.

Before I try to answer that question please clarify what you're trying to compare. Reducing a chance of failure, aka doing research, is the same no matter when you do it.

If someone deliberately trolling in order to get a run to fail, I can understand people getting upset, but most people are trying  to learn. I find it far more selfish not to  ever give people the opportunity to learn. If someone won't listen when you give them a chance- well, you tried. 

Incidentally, I don't know which games you play, but I know of a few that don't require any whaling to clear. They do require knowledge of game mechanics, even at the easiest levels of dungeons. The research is easily available online and the games themselves often have very good tutorials to introduce dungeon mechanics.No, it isn't free, but a sub or buy to pay is far cheaper than microtransactions in some cases.

Hahahaha. Aion is already worn out and honestly Aion was so easy I understood every instance on my like my 2nd or 3rd run. Nothing wrong with looking at videos. Not even needed to watch everything. I skimmed and looked at important parts. But if you also pay attention during runs it's always the same thing and same skills so why even care for pve anyways other then getting your cool downs gone and try and make the little kinah you can. Rip aion.

Archived