Chanter Healers VS clerics

Nadiko-DN

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Props to your clerics.

So, props to my cleric because I can survive BoS wearing a Kahrun Set.

But blame on Byros's gear (and not the cleric) because he got stomped on BoS?

Props to your double standards point of view. 

@Sunix-DN.. it's not a double standard at all.

Props to -your- clerics for doing what I had trouble doing. 

Look.. if you are wearing a set so totally outdated, you may meet the HP mark and you may have some juicy heals due to the HB, but you have -none- of the other damage mitigating stats that newer sets have. That means that you can't help but take more damage. Which means you and your cleric are having to work harder to keep you alive.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You realize that the reason why you had trouble healing a Kahrun set, despite it being perfectly fine in all current end game instances, is because you don't have a HB set, right ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Look.. if you are wearing a set so totally outdated, you may meet the HP mark and you may have some juicy heals due to the HB, but you have -none- of the other damage mitigating stats that newer sets have. That means that you can't help but take more damage. Which means you and your cleric are having to work harder to keep you alive.

You need to switch to a dps set to dps. End of story. Instant gear-switching is now implemented directly in the game, you have no excuse for dpsing in your healing set(s).

On 13/01/2018 at 10:08 PM, knee-DN said:

You realize that the reason why you had trouble healing a Kahrun set, despite it being perfectly fine in all current end game instances, is because you don't have a HB set, right ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You need to switch to a dps set to dps. End of story. Instant gear-switching is now implemented directly in the game, you have no excuse for dpsing in your healing set(s).

This 10 times. I'd go with a set that gives decent ammount of concentration instead of some mediocre PVE defense all day every day. I'm not going to invest billions in a support PVE (Harvester) set when its NOT needed.

Kahrun/IO gear is perfectly fine for chanters and will be til the end of 5.8 (if not for 6.0 too).

On 13/01/2018 at 1:02 PM, Aly-DN said:

@Sunix-DN.. it's not a double standard at all.

ookie

it looks like chanters will be more able to compete with clerics in 6.0 we get a 3K heal over time that heals every 2 sec for 10 sec and a 9K burst heal that cleanses over time every 3 sec for 10 sec both with a 10 sec CD chanters getting allot of love

Please all you super chanters running around in Kahrun that think you can out heal or even compete with a cleric get a nice pug group to frozon monolith and let me know how that goes.  Actually just contact me after you beat it and I will issue an apology for calling you stupid.

31 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

Please all you super chanters running around in Kahrun that think you can out heal or even compete with a cleric get a nice pug group to frozon monolith and let me know how that goes.  Actually just contact me after you beat it and I will issue an apology for calling you stupid.

1) except for the misconception of the OP, no one said chanters can outheal a cleric. Did you really read the thread, dude?

2) say what u want, Kahrun gear is still one of the best PVE support sets for chanters. PVE damage mitigation is pure bullnyerk. Ncsoft can't make real challenging PVE. If you like (and want) to be PVE overgeared, nice for you. I have done old and new CoE and BoS with this set. *props to my clerics lol*

I've done those instances with really nice clerics (Letizi, Hunnie, Seira, Crown, Suijin) and they deserve every proper respect I could give

3) No one's asking for your apologies, save it for urself

After reading through this thread, a friend of mine pulled out her old best beloved Kahrun set to try running CoE with it, just for fun. But after the first boss knocked her down to about 10% HP she switched back to her current gear. Maybe if she pimps it out and I finish my HB set eh? :P

Anyhoo, I know older players will swear by concentration, I don't notice my casts getting interrupted much personally? (I'm surprised more folks don't try stacking agility in new gear for the concentration!) I really feel the difference when people in my group don't have those damage mitigating buffer stats or PVE defense though- and when I don't have it myself. Oof. 

i never said anything about out healing all clerics yes i have been known to compete with a few clerics out there and non of you who play clerics can really judge me you have yet to see what i can do in a party but yes i am a confident healer i know what im doing and i do better then most other wanna be supports out there from what i hear most chanters who claim to be support never heal to begin with let alone know how to begin with why dont you guys party with me before you start judging me im level 69 on KT my chanters name is Kisune throw in a songweaver or another chanter for support and ill be just fine

3 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

After reading through this thread, a friend of mine pulled out her old best beloved Kahrun set to try running CoE with it, just for fun. But after the first boss knocked her down to about 10% HP she switched back to her current gear. Maybe if she pimps it out and I finish my HB set eh? :P

Of course mobs hit harder with 10% pve defense missing, but the point is not in defense, it's in the healing output. Make the set +15 with HB 5~6. There is no way 400 HB (+40%) won't win any other pve def % set, all of which have low HB.

Anyhoo, I know older players will swear by concentration, I don't notice my casts getting interrupted much personally? (I'm surprised more folks don't try stacking agility in new gear for the concentration!) I really feel the difference when people in my group don't have those damage mitigating buffer stats or PVE defense though- and when I don't have it myself. Oof. 

I read at one point that concentration was capped at 200 for pve (reachable in any set with 55AP headband/55 cruci headband + nishaka/RB shield), but personally at 109 with just the headband I've never felt the need to go for the 200. As for agility, it doesn't give nearly enough concentration at any point (not even with +10 stones) to be worth socketing over HB or even plain HP. The same way, your essence points are better off in your heals, dps skills or even Health if you need to soak up dmg.

Archived