Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 11, 2018

Cyan

9 minutes ago, Elonwyn-KT said:

Weirdly, there's also a box that's for characters level 9 or under - but obviously the only characters under level 10 able to get the box will be the ones who are level 9 and on their way to their Ascension ceremony. Just for the hell of it, I quickly created a new alt (I'd been wanting to play around with a Ranger character anyway) and she grabbed the box immediately on arriving at Sanctum - but the box was locked and she couldn't open it. So at that point, the only alts that could open that box wouldn't even be able to get it in the first place.

There are npc at the starting zones you can get them, just after making a new char

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period today, Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hour.

- Changes -

• An issue with AP to GP conversion NPCs unintentionally spawning will be fixed.
  • An issue which caused players to be flagged as returning users will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Was that 'servers not available for approximately an hour after maintenance finishes'?

1 minute ago, Cydaea-DN said:

There are npc at the starting zones you can get them, just after making a new char

There weren't when I created the alt. Or at least, I'm pretty certain there weren't; certainly didn't notice them anywhere around the starter area or Akarios Village?

22 minutes ago, FPSDOUG-KT said:

Can you guys fix the twin box so people over level 20 can open it and for people who are leveling and missed the box because they level so fast 

Not a snowball's chance in hell considering every single character was flagged as a returning user and has that box, which has been pointed out in other posts continuously gives items.

Reading is hard, but it also helps you get nice things.

2 minutes ago, Salomae-KT said:

Was that 'servers not available for approximately an hour after maintenance finishes'?

They evidently are unfamiliar with the cardinal rule of IT - always say it will take twice as long as you think it will take, thus making you appear extra efficient when you get it up and running "in only half the time!" (and giving yourself leeway for nyerk-ups).

1 minute ago, Elonwyn-KT said:

There weren't when I created the alt. Or at least, I'm pretty certain there weren't; certainly didn't notice them anywhere around the starter area or Akarios Village?

They were there after maint yesterday, just as you zone in the starter area

They evidently are unfamiliar with the cardinal rule of IT - always say it will take twice as long as you think it will take, thus making you appear extra efficient when you get it up and running "in only half the time!" (and giving yourself leeway for nyerk-ups).

ok got it lol been too long for me in returning need to get up to speed a little more.

1 minute ago, Cydaea-DN said:

They were there after maint yesterday, just as you zone in the starter area

I'll take your word for it - I didn't see them, but then again I was being distracted by an Italian player who was harassing me with sexual comments so perhaps I just wasn't paying close enough attention. (Ugh, the joys of playing a female alt....)

I'll take your word for it - I didn't see them, but then again I was being distracted by an Italian player who was harassing me with sexual comments so perhaps I just wasn't paying close enough attention. (Ugh, the joys of playing a female alt....)

Ya they can be missed, they stand behind where you zone in

Just now, Cydaea-DN said:

Ya they can be missed, they stand behind where you zone in

Ohhhh, right, got you! Unfortunately that was exactly where Mr Italian Dudebro was also standing so I didn't bother looking behind me at all and just headed off and away from that area as quickly as was feasible. Now I'm curious what's in those low-level gifts - might just create another alt to find out... :-D

• Aion Team

The maintenance wasn't intended to remove everyone's current return status, but rather fix the issue that caused most everyone to get it after the patch which was set significantly lower than 30 days.

Well, I got mine legitimately; I didn't have a machine capable of running Aion for a couple of years, and had no idea when I finally got a new machine and downloaded the client that there was a major patch coming up. Not that any of my old characters were particularly high-level anyway (when I finally found where they'd gotten shuffled off to - seven Elyos and one lonely little Asmo boy all lumped together on one server...), which is why I was starting over again. I had a level 33 sorcerer who didn't do too well out of the gift boxes, what with being too high for the level 20 box but not high enough for the 65+ version, but happily had my level 18 Chanter who is doing very nicely out of it by level 28.

@Cyan   So anyone who did not log in before extra maint basically will get screwed with no rewards for returning user while those who did get 30 days.  Should have just left it alone, only ones losing out are those who could not log, stupid fix. Screw those who had problems or couldn't log. Typical Ncsoft BS   Lets just give to some and screw the rest,,,,,,, Nc logic at its best

Deal with it, you had the whole day of yesterday to get online. In life, there are situations in which people lose either way. If they kept it going, they would have been unfair for the truly returning players. If they removed everyone's returning player status, they would be unfair towards them as well as everyone with the returning player status. Out of all situations, this one is the fairest.

2 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

I'm confused... Where do we get the "Twin's Gift" and what levels can accept it? Because I have a level 25 alt and would like to pick it up if I can.

• Get the gift bundle from the NPCs in Ishalgen/Poeta
  • Open the bundle.
  • Open Twin's Gift Level 1 (level requirement) <-- You would get stuck here on that character, because you cannot open it.
  • Get rewards and Twin's Gift Level 10 (level requirement as well)
  • And so on until level 65.

Archived