Aion: Heart of Frost Known Issues - January 31, 2018

Cyan

Well, since we are learning English, I guess I should ask our teacher a question. "Mrs Celeste, if the description appears on EVERY SINGLE case, even when enchanting old gear, in which we knew the 100% success rate trick wasnt possible, then is it true it applies to new gear, that has the same characteristics to old gear?"

Sometimes you can miss stuff, sometimes you can misread/misunderstand them, sometimes you dont even read them because you know. That is why in MMOs you can ask other players, just like you were now. (Before you were calling us illiterates that is...)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Celestianos-KT said:

@Cyan Let us talk about that enchantment bug where you can't get a 100% success with Omegas + Greater Supplements on your purified items:

Here's a response I got from the support team after days of waiting (a copy-paste from request #17360635) :

"Hello there,
We deeply apologize for the bug has caused you.
We've reviewed the situation and verified that the greater supplement did not work as it should be. [...]"

And yet, my following reports for restoration of lost materials and enchantment levels after a number of failures didn't get any follow up even with the whole set of proofs requires AND the confirmation from the support team that this is in fact a bug.

Please do fix this ASAP. It isn't amusing to lose the only safe way to enchant items and sit there facing the appalling incompetence of the support team. It's not as if enchantment materials dropped from mookies.

It isn't a bug, and before you call out anyone for incompetence you really should be very, very sure of your facts.

All purified gear, whether it's PVE or PVP gear does not explode, the downside is that you have no 100% guaranteed enchantment rate. 

It's entirely up to you to decide whether it's a worthwhile investment, but don't blame support, the information has been available for a while.

It's just a generic html-kind of thing, those menus. It's not custom if/else if/else thing, which is what it should be. It's bad at conveying information because it can't be customized. That's part of Aion's complexity problems.

It's okay to be wrong, too. We're all wrong every so often. Getting angry and rude and unreasonably defensive makes you look so much worse than just being wrong.

7 minutes ago, Celestianos-KT said:

You are right and I apologize but why would I look for information about the game outside the game if the game already offers the information? If the game is wrong, the game should be fixed. I was only quoting what the game was clearly saying.

I agree with you 100%, and your expectations are completely, absolutely reasonable IF we still were a subscription game, but sadly, we aren't. This game limps along now, and a lot of the information is now available externally (even that has decreased). Unfortunately, the UI can be unreliable or misleading, so it helps to talk to others and do research elsewhere.

Irrelevant.

That text exists there regardless of what you put in the box. Try it yourself before talking nonsense. I'm not here to teach you how to enchant.

To the underlined, clearly I had. So has Bryos. So has everyone who -tried- to help you. You may have not come here to teach any of us to enchant, but we actually are all here to help -you- and that becomes very difficult when we are met with sass.

There are those of us who haunt the forums (maybe more than we should?) do so -because- we know that the in game text is often vague or wrong and that the patchnotes are often incomplete and because Support is using copy and paste answers that are more than a year out of date with our current patch. You can ask in LFG, but often you are hit with trolling. Facebook is often the same. (True Aion is a good one for non-trolly, but the others are mostly ego and qq.) The one place you can go and get real, non-trolly answers are these forums.

You are right and I apologize but why would I look for information about the game outside the game if the game already offers the information? If the game is wrong, the game should be fixed. I was only quoting what the game was clearly saying.

I understand you. If something in the game gives some information, it should be true. But let´s be honest, there are a lot of wrong information ingame or in the page. Like the outdated leveling guide or the descriptions in C.U.B.E. 

Actually our best source of information are veteran active players. I saw a lot of players asking complicated things to support members or even cyan/hime/gydeon, and they aren´t the best people to ask. (like players asking why BoS is not giving te rewards they say). If you saw the last video with Gydeon and Hime you can see easily that they have no idea about the game now. Gydeon even had to use a cheated glad to show us something to easy. And Hime were just dancing in new skins and emotes. 

And support works in that way. If you ask something so complicated for them, they try to give you a generic answer. Most of the players stop asking after something like that and it makes their work easier. Try to remember that they do not even know the game. Their asnwers cames from reading texts and patch notes and trying to find the answer. 

About what you asked. It is not supposed that omega+greater supps can assure 100% success on unbreakable gear. That only works in that way with archdaeva gear that can be destroyed if your enchantment fails. But the new upgraded gear is unbreakable so it works in the same way that the old enchanments. Still, I found better success rates on omegas + greater supps now, than in the past with L130 + greater supps. 

so text is wrong, like a really huge list of other wrong texts and descriptions in Aion. They should fix them, but probably they wont. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

To the underlined, clearly I had. So has Bryos. So has everyone who -tried- to help you. You may have not come here to teach any of us to enchant, but we actually are all here to help -you- and that becomes very difficult when we are met with sass.

There are those of us who haunt the forums (maybe more than we should?) do so -because- we know that the in game text is often vague or wrong and that the patchnotes are often incomplete and because Support is using copy and paste answers that are more than a year out of date with our current patch. You can ask in LFG, but often you are hit with trolling. Facebook is often the same. (True Aion is a good one for non-trolly, but the others are mostly ego and qq.) The one place you can go and get real, non-trolly answers are these forums.

this is surprisingly completely true...  people here in the forums are terrifyingly helpful beings even so that post like this one below gets serious answers LMAO

Rewards are not always given out for some of the large scale faction activities including: Iluma Invasion supply box, Divine Siege (I can't confirm but I've heard that people dont get their soulstones and have to ticket it), Chepsundit with the omega enchantment stone (the weekend sky warship thing above Iluma where the sky island portal is.) I noticed there are always problems when there are more than 1 league of players participating, like one league will get rewards and the other gets nothing, for example. Is that intended?
Also the loot system on Chepsundit sucks nyerk. It should be changed to be made identical to the Iluma Invasion loot (when it actually does work) where everyone can loot their reward at once. Currently it takes 20minutes for the items to roll, and people can hog the body to prevent others from picking up their omega supply box.

Don't ignore this issue. This creates potentially hundreds of support tickets each week for the same damn thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived