Satisfaction survey

Shaddock-DN

Satisfaction survey  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with 5.8? / Você está contente com a 5.8? / ¿Usted está feliz con 5.8?

• Yes, completely satisfied / Sim, completamente satisfeito/Sí, completamente satisfecho
    • No, I want 6.0 / Não, eu quero a 6.0/No, quiero jugar 6.0
    • No, I don't like the way the game is being managed / Não, eu não gosto do modo que o jogo está sendo administrado/No, no me gusta la forma en que el juego está siendo administrado
    • No, I pretend quit Aion/ Não, eu pretendo parar de jogar/No, pretendo parar el jugar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/18/2018 at 02:16 AM

Considering they messed up and did not add two major parts about 5.8 patch and they had 8 months to do that for such a small patch do you guys really think they could rush a patch like 6.0???? Not gonna happen.

1: Grey Wolf vendor

2: Harvester Purification Stones

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I believe all the complaints about the 6.0 and the "I'm going to lose all my items" crying do not make any sense apart from being mad at the idea new players will have easier times, which is not very mature and upsets me.

The thing is, new items will be better than the ones you've got at the moment, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS in a videogame. It's always been like this, new updates brought better and more powerful equipment, only this time for once NCSOFT is making it easy to get them. Despite that people still complain? What the nyerk am I missing here?

I left the game two months ago.

Since 5.0 the game has lost the fun for me, since the difficulty of improving the equipment has become insane. Casual players like me will never reach gear +25, like other ppl do.

The game has died for casual players, and we are seeing consequences of it (people quiting, merges, no more sieges, panesterra died, long time queues to join a simple pvp instance etc.)

The 5.0-5.6 system (i didn't try 5.8) destroyed the game.

If 6.0 can bring the old Aion system back (even if they keep some p2w things), i wanna try it.

15 minutes ago, Loomia-KT said:

Hi all, I believe all the complaints about the 6.0 and the "I'm going to lose all my items" crying do not make any sense apart from being mad at the idea new players will have easier times, which is not very mature and upsets me.

The thing is, new items will be better than the ones you've got at the moment, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS in a videogame. It's always been like this, new updates brought better and more powerful equipment, only this time for once NCSOFT is making it easy to get them. Despite that people still complain? What the nyerk am I missing here?

I refused to partake of 5.0's gear system for many many months after launch. Only with the addition of the 100% success enchants to prevent breakage did I finally move out of my 65 gear. My 65 gear was still at a level to easily match and outclass casual players. Could I keep up with whales? no, of course not, but I didn't play to do that. I played to have fun, and my 65 gear was more than sufficient. That being said, I worked my freaking ASS off to get that 65 gear to the level it was. I worked my ass off to collect a plethora of expensive skins that I could sell to fund future gear upgrades. I maxed out crafts, aetherforge, and built up billions of kinah over time and effort to always have a platform to spring off of with each new gear update. 

6.0? Nope, sorry, nothing is tradable anymore, nyerk your player economy. Were to stupid to realize we have full control over people and can ban anyone we want so we choose to ignore hackers/botters who are blatantly cheating/RMTing. Lets instead punish EVERYONE for it. Oh, and here are some free quest gear that UTTERLY DESTROYS your hard earned gear and all your stocked up enchantment supplies are now worthless. Have fun!

I'm not "crying" because my gear is getting replaced. I'm nyerking mad they are changing the core being of the game and trashing years of progression. 

Ok. the idea of aion 6.0 coming back to the old system is a good idea. We all loved that! We want to come back to the old system. We also want new gear more balanced and to have limits on the enchanting level. You are like this, cause you saw the first info. We were all so happy with the first info. We are not complaining cause we are going to lose our gear or the time used to level up (well at least most of us are not complaining for that)

But. Try to see this. Aion 6.0 is not like the old Aion. We are not coming back to the old system. Ok. wanted that, we were so happy some days ago, but now we have more information and that is not what we are going to have. Nope. aion 6.0 is not aion 3.7 or older. 

Our complains come for some of the following

a lot of skills (usefull skills) are going to be removed
they are not fixing the P2W things, they are just replacing them for new ones
they are erasing a lot of stats that allows us to have strategic gear. (and with only 3 manastones I am not sure If i will be able to have a block set or MR set again)
they are erasing a lot of maps. Nice maps. 
they are erasing a lot of instances and we are goint to have just a few of them and a lot of them are just for solo mode
they are erasing the trades, account warehouse and other ways to share things between alts or friends. 

and the obvious thing: we still do not know how the new numbers in stats will work, how the classess and roles are reworked, and some normal fear to the unknow (we can´t not complain with NCSoft for this one)

7 minutes ago, Raefu-DN said:

I refused to partake of 5.0's gear system for many many months after launch. Only with the addition of the 100% success enchants to prevent breakage did I finally move out of my 65 gear. My 65 gear was still at a level to easily match and outclass casual players. Could I keep up with whales? no, of course not, but I didn't play to do that. I played to have fun, and my 65 gear was more than sufficient. That being said, I worked my freaking ASS off to get that 65 gear to the level it was. I worked my ass off to collect a plethora of expensive skins that I could sell to fund future gear upgrades. I maxed out crafts, aetherforge, and built up billions of kinah over time and effort to always have a platform to spring off of with each new gear update. 

6.0? Nope, sorry, nothing is tradable anymore, nyerk your player economy. Were to stupid to realize we have full control over people and can ban anyone we want so we choose to ignore hackers/botters who are blatantly cheating/RMTing. Lets instead punish EVERYONE for it. Oh, and here are some free quest gear that UTTERLY DESTROYS your hard earned gear and all your stocked up enchantment supplies are now worthless. Have fun!

I'm not "crying" because my gear is getting replaced. I'm nyerking mad they are changing the core being of the game and trashing years of progression. 

Will the new equipment make your toon stronger than what it is now? Is it going to be easy to obtain? Will you be able to have fun assuming these two conditions are fulfilled?

7 minutes ago, Loomia-KT said:

Will the new equipment make your toon stronger than what it is now? Is it going to be easy to obtain? Will you be able to have fun according these two conditions are fulfilled?

You obviously paid no attention to what I typed.

Just now, Raefu-DN said:

You obviously paid no attention to what I typed.

I did but unfortunately as I said earlier I could not find a valid point. I still believe It's just you're crossed to the idea any new or casual will be at your level. I see it as simple as that.

I play on aion EU and I can tell you the best times I had in years were when they opened a new server back in the summer and for the first two or three weeks everyone was on basic daevanion gear. Again, It was the best fun in YEARS, and the thought that it's going to happen again with the 6.0 makes me feel happy.

1 minute ago, Loomia-KT said:

I did but unfortunately as I said earlier I could not find a valid point. I still believe It's just you're crossed to the idea any new or casual will be at your level. I see it as simple as that.

I play on aion EU and I can tell you the best times I had in years were when they opened a new server back in the summer and for the first two or three weeks everyone was on basic daevanion gear. Again, It was the best fun in YEARS, and the thought that it's going to happen again with the 6.0 makes me feel happy.

Like when Beritra server opened. The first month was so fun!

30 minutes ago, Loomia-KT said:

I haven't seen anyone cry about losing gear in 6.0. Mostly because we won't be losing anything. All our old gear will still be right where we left them.. sitting on our characters. The few things that are being totally gotten rid of (like essence cores) we will be compensated for with the new currency. As for the items that are just being reworked or replaced (like plumes and bracelets) we will be given a comparable item. If you have a +20 items at the end of 5.8, it will still be +20 when 6.0 starts.. even though you will not be able to +20 any of the new post 6.0 gear. 

What is concerning, at least to me, are things like the deletion of the whole Abyss. Come on! Aion -is- the Abyss. Remember? We were one big happy planet until the Cataclysm and the Abyss was created. Both sides thinking the other had perished (and blaming them for it) until they run into one another again! Surprise! Let's kill each other! So gone will be the only total flight area. We have -wings-! Also making most everything (including kinah) untradeable is a big blow. Hell, kinah isn't even account tradeable. Hearing the broker is almost totally empty save for stigmas. And crafting? All those crafters we made over the years will be gone. It's fine if you personally never got into crafting, but so many of us did. Crafting our own potions and scrolls and collecting mats and storing them for future use and crafting furniture and skins and food and.. all gone. And these are just a few things that come to mind as I type.

I have zero idea where you get that gearing in 6.0 will suddenly be easier for the new or casual player. Leveling will be, but not gearing. You are going to be totally on your own now. You can't just wait for someone else to run an instance or get a drop and then sell it. You are going to have to do it all yourself. Right now the new or casual player can just go to the broker and buy someone's extra earring or old plume. And when they get lucky and get an omega or a tempering or a nice drop that they can't use right now, they could place it on the broker to make kinah which would allow them to buy things they needed right now. Not in 6.0.

6.0 is going to be a totally different game.. for ill or good, we are going to get it. But make no mistake, it is not going to be all sunshine and roses and it definitely isn't going to be -easy-.

Edit: @Loomia

No, you just feel your idea of "fun" is the same for everyone. I worked hard, over 9 years to get my account to the point it was at. Do I think a "new" or "casual" player should be able to pick up the game and be "at my level"? Of course not, I worked to get to the point I was at. For me, my "fun" was collecting and progressing. 6.0 slaps me in the face. 

10 minutes ago, Raefu-DN said:

Edit: @Loomia

No, you just feel your idea of "fun" is the same for everyone. I worked hard, over 9 years to get my account to the point it was at. Do I think a "new" or "casual" player should be able to pick up the game and be "at my level"? Of course not, I worked to get to the point I was at. For me, my "fun" was collecting and progressing. 6.0 slaps me in the face. 

The discussion broadens here, there's many things to take into account. One being the game gets updated based on Korean players behaviours, they might have taken away all the unused and obsolete content from their region. Your point saying it's unfair would have been way more valid if the game wasn't as p2w as it is now, when someone could start today anew and match your plenty of years of hard farming with a couple of thousand pounds.

Still you should get over it and look at 6.0 as a new start to enjoy the game.

I'm not one of the ones mad about the change in progression; each patch has destroyed my efforts before (I weep over all the L130s I found on Cheese), but 6.0 is functionally Blade & Soul weapon/armor progression with mobile-f2p cashshop. I'm all for simplifying and making the game more accessible (hence not mourning the loss of "dead" maps), but making everything character-bound and potentially stuck behind a paywall is just as garbage as +35 gear in 5.8. And that's just scratching the surface of the initial information we're getting out of Korea.

I really dont get why are you guys complaining about 6.0.

You are complaining about stuff removed. Most 5.0 instances are boring and worthless. And dont tell me about the XP. This lvling system is lame. So yeah, they did good removing them. 
Also, Nors and Iluma are also crap. Beautiful maps but insane lag and only Zerging PvP. No thanks.    
Levinshor was good till 5.0 and it is pretty dead now. Kaldor born dead. I wont even mention Lower abyss. 
Yas we will miss maps like Morheim and Eltnem but since FT server their PvP died and focusing lvling in few maps will make it easier and less boring.

Most skills were not removed, but fused. Also there are new skills. Some were really removed due class rebalance. This will make the skill rotation easier, more slots in skillbar, etc.

Lakrum has the same system than old maps, since Elys and Asmos will share it. Way better than Nors and Iluma.

"But Koreans didnt like it blablabla". The way they play and see the game are very different than ours. Come on, they liked 5.0 stuff and +40 gear. Meh. No thanks.

I think you guys just want to complain. 

Leveling from 1-80 in 14 hours (as seen in one of the streams) is just ridiculous. I mean how boring is that? Leveled to endgame in one day? It takes the challenge out of the game. I'm not an infant who needs things handed to me; I WANT to work for them. 6.0 treats us like children who are too stupid to play a game and need our hands held.

2 minutes ago, Yeun-DN said:

"But Koreans didnt like it blablabla". The way they play and see the game are very different than ours. Come on, they liked 5.0 stuff and +40 gear. Meh. No thanks.

They didn't like 5.0 stuff and the +40 gear, though. LOL

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Leveling from 1-80 in 14 hours (as seen in one of the streams) is just ridiculous. I mean how boring is that? Leveled to endgame in one day? It takes the challenge out of the game. I'm not an infant who needs things handed to me; I WANT to work for them. 6.0 treats us like children who are too stupid to play a game and need our hands held.

They're marketing toward new players and making it as easy as possible. 5.X series has been all about catering (I use that term loosely) to older players while thoroughly ignoring new ones, and this patch is just as hard an extreme 180 as they could possibly muster. :|

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hi pal I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate here but if I could show you a chart of the active players this game has had over the past year and a half in Europe you would see a steady and consistent drop in numbers. You should at least try to be impartial when judging changes if they are made for the good of keeping the game alive and in an healthy state. 

50 minutes ago, Loomia-KT said:

The issue isn't "I'm going to lose all my items". The issue is "I'm going to lose all the gear that I'm currently working on 6 months from now, so why bother?"

Every whole-number patch (e.g. 3.X -> 4.X) in the past made gear from the previous patch less valuable, which most players acknowledge. However, there's been a trend over the past few years where new gear is being released at a higher frequency (e.g. boundless -> 75ap -> 80ap in 5.X) when it used to be just one "best set" (60ap) for 3.X. It's problematic because they're shortening the amount of time you can reliably use the set that you worked so hard to grind for. 

With all that being said, the issue NOW from what I've seen is that the hard-to-grind 80ap gear will be COMPLETELY useless when 6.0 hits just because of the significantly large stat differences between the 80ap gear and the 6.0 pvp gear. In the past, the best gear from the previous patch was still viable in the next patch. That doesn't seem to be the case this time. 

tl;dr NCSoft is releasing new gear that undermines previous gear sets more frequently than they used to, which is bad. NCSoft also made a terrible decision releasing grind-intensive 80ap gear that will be 100% useless 6 months from now.

1 minute ago, Loomia-KT said:

Hi pal I'm not trying to be the devil's advocate here but if I could show you a chart of the active players this game has had over the past year and a half in Europe you would see a steady and consistent drop in numbers. You should at least try to be impartial when judging changes if they are made for the good of keeping the game alive and in an healthy state. 

If they don't want to level that bad, go play a moba

7 minutes ago, Rinkusan-KT said:

The issue isn't "I'm going to lose all my items". The issue is "I'm going to lose all the gear that I'm currently working on 6 months from now, so why bother?"

Every whole-number patch (e.g. 3.X -> 4.X) in the past made gear from the previous patch less valuable, which most players acknowledge. However, there's been a trend over the past few years where new gear is being released at a higher frequency (e.g. boundless -> 75ap -> 80ap in 5.X) when it used to be just one "best set" (60ap) for 3.X. It's problematic because they're shortening the amount of time you can reliably use the set that you worked so hard to grind for. 

With all that being said, the issue NOW from what I've seen is that the hard-to-grind 80ap gear will be COMPLETELY useless when 6.0 hits just because of the significantly large stat differences between the 80ap gear and the 6.0 pvp gear. In the past, the best gear from the previous patch was still viable in the next patch. That doesn't seem to be the case this time. 

tl;dr NCSoft is releasing new gear that undermines previous gear sets more frequently than they used to, which is bad. NCSoft also made a terrible decision releasing grind-intensive 80ap gear that will be 100% useless 6 months from now.

So far this is a valid point to discuss. Still, it's mixed feelings because you know you're not going to bother with the top tier equipment knowing it's a waste of time and resources, so , exactly! I mean you're given the chance to focus on different aspects of the game for the time being until 6.0 comes out!

It could be a tiny bit frustrating for hardcores, it gives you the "oh I'm kind of stuck" feeling, doesn't it?

although they improved the progression to lvl 75 in this patch. getting to 75 right now sucks really bad. so the population of lvl 75 is low and it slows the endgame gear

this homeward bound event should have the exp drops up to 75 like they did to 65 when it was the cap. THAT was supposed to be this event but how it is. is insulting

@Azzmaria-KT Actually I know (but I can't see exactly how is it going - I'm not playing there, just watching streams, reading forums and databases, etc.). There are many points they shouldn't touch and I agree with you here. But I can see good things coming. Unfortunately 6.0 mistakes don't make me happier with 5.8.

IMO, the ideal would be a simultaneous update and open test server. Opened information for everyone. This way we could give them feedback. Anyway 6.0 will come someday and we need be ready for good and bad things. 

In addition, just the fact we live aion in past (always older patches from from korea) is enough to make our experience different cause we know our future. For me this is not a good thing for many reasons I will not point now.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You need to add this option:

Not loving 5.8, but it isn't horrible either and since there is no way to instantly get a patch that Korean just got (it takes at least 6 months to translate it and get it ready for our f2p model and servers) it's rather pointless to ask for 6.0. So I am going to just chill a little and play Aion.

those are exactly my feelings.

Archived