Forums

what avoid in aion 5.8 before aion 6.0

Ozone-DN

It's pointless to "avoid" 5.8, especially when 6.0 will come maybe in 6 to 9 months.

Apollon gear wasn't exchanged in Korea, but the Prime Guardian/Archon and Prime Commander (pvp) was. Harvester was also exchanged. It really depends on NCWest what their exchange rate will be.

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

From the comments we are seeing from Korean players, I think NA people are less enthusiastic about 6.0 than they were when we saw the first teasers. Sadly.

That's not entirely true. Koreans disliked the 5.x patch the same way they dislike 6.x patch, because you will find players disliking patches here and there. To me it seems the NA community is begging for 6.0 to come. Besides, there was a 2-3 hour queue on Korean servers, pretty sure people are and will be still playing.

Nobody likes harsh changes. Maybe it's still for the best.

I agree completely. We seriously cannot go on with this arms race that we have now. There -has- to be a cap top gear in some way, shape or form. Also totally agree that harsh changes are difficult. I was super hopeful when I saw the teasers for 6.0, but in seeing the actual game play from the Koreans I am less enthusiastic. I almost feel like in trying to warm things up, the Korean Overlord may have gone overboard and thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

But.. it's early days and those of us who have complained from the beginning have endured many many changes up to this point and gotten used to them.

Ok. lets see. we are not complaining about everything. We just saw some infor who made us think that Aion will come back to the old style and we were really happy and now the things are different. 

Aion 6.0 Have some pros and cons. 

Pros:

- coming back to the old leveling system and not more boring grinding for exp  (Oh yes!! So good!)
- enchantment limits (I really love this)
- aparently some rebalance on classes to make them more different and (maybe) to make roles important again (I think this could be awesome if is true)
- no more of the new manastones and coming back to the old system (maybe?) with composites (I think we really need this)
- A new map similar than the old Katalam and Danaria (We need something like that. Was really good for open world PvP and casual PvP)
- untradeble gear again (Cool!! I know is harder to get but is much better and we used to do our effort to get things)
- PvP gear will come from PvP features and PvE gear will come from PvE instances (finally some coherence! Yes. I really like this)

Cons:

- no more trades or account warehouse (Will be so hard to help friends or to be helped. Harder to level up and gear some alts)
- deleting half of the maps (Why? Is really needed? Why they can´t just add permanent rifts on those maps and pvp quest so low level players can get something?)
- deleting half of the instances and a lot of the remaining will be just to solo (I know we do not play in so many instances, but is funnier when we can do different things)
- making all the 5.8 or previous gear useless. (well. I do not like this, but I will survive. Is not the big deal to me)
- P2W style wont be removed, They will just change the items to pay for (This style is damaging the game since 4.2 or 4.3, and we were asking for something different)
- so many skills deleted or combined (Is like they want to make the game so much simple. In clerics the skills removed are so many and includes most of our fast heals)
- deleting content with story and lore (Well. I know that most of the people does not care so much and they don´t read anyway. But in some way was nice for some of us)

unknow things:

- the new mechanics, stats, numbers, maths (how they will work? are we going to find balance? They really tested the new things or we will find broken classes and unbalanced things?)
- what is going to happen with some skins, and other apearance items we have (and we paid for some of them) and we will have many options or not (who knows? is not important but 
- The new instances will keep the need to play in groups with a decent comunication? or will be more fast runs in silence? Are we going to need again more things than just Tank-Healer-DPS? Is going to be important to have "dispels, chanter, traps, Aoe DPS" like we had in the past? Or they are going to be more similar than the new 3 player instances (just 3 random people and lets go fast)?
- the new exp system will give the new players enought time to learn how to play or they will hit 80 without knowing how to use their class?

14 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Ok. lets see. we are not complaining about everything. We just saw some infor who made us think that Aion will come back to the old style and we were really happy and now the things are different. 

Aion 6.0 Have some pros and cons. 

Pros:

- coming back to the old leveling system and not more boring grinding for exp  (Oh yes!! So good!)
- enchantment limits (I really love this)
- aparently some rebalance on classes to make them more different and (maybe) to make roles important again (I think this could be awesome if is true)
- no more of the new manastones and coming back to the old system (maybe?) with composites (I think we really need this)
- A new map similar than the old Katalam and Danaria (We need something like that. Was really good for open world PvP and casual PvP)
- untradeble gear again (Cool!! I know is harder to get but is much better and we used to do our effort to get things)
- PvP gear will come from PvP features and PvE gear will come from PvE instances (finally some coherence! Yes. I really like this)

Cons:

- no more trades or account warehouse (Will be so hard to help friends or to be helped. Harder to level up and gear some alts)
- deleting half of the maps (Why? Is really needed? Why they can´t just add permanent rifts on those maps and pvp quest so low level players can get something?)
- deleting half of the instances and a lot of the remaining will be just to solo (I know we do not play in so many instances, but is funnier when we can do different things)
- making all the 5.8 or previous gear useless. (well. I do not like this, but I will survive. Is not the big deal to me)
- P2W style wont be removed, They will just change the items to pay for (This style is damaging the game since 4.2 or 4.3, and we were asking for something different)
- so many skills deleted or combined (Is like they want to make the game so much simple. In clerics the skills removed are so many and includes most of our fast heals)
- deleting content with story and lore (Well. I know that most of the people does not care so much and they don´t read anyway. But in some way was nice for some of us)

unknow things:

- the new mechanics, stats, numbers, maths (how they will work? are we going to find balance? They really tested the new things or we will find broken classes and unbalanced things?)
- what is going to happen with some skins, and other apearance items we have (and we paid for some of them) and we will have many options or not (who knows? is not important but 
- The new instances will keep the need to play in groups with a decent comunication? or will be more fast runs in silence? Are we going to need again more things than just Tank-Healer-DPS? Is going to be important to have "dispels, chanter, traps, Aoe DPS" like we had in the past? Or they are going to be more similar than the new 3 player instances (just 3 random people and lets go fast)?
- the new exp system will give the new players enought time to learn how to play or they will hit 80 without knowing how to use their class?

1. Leveling is much easier and less important than before. Ever since the addition of essence cores one can forget about leveling. With strong enough cores you can have 75 skills on a level 73. Luna got buffed in 5.6 with xp increase, and in 5.8 theres a lot of imrpovements in xp especially for 3 man instances where you get get more than a bill xp per run with 100% xp amulet. Not to mention we have events like Kumuki. I would understand if yoy made this complaint pre- 5.3, but right now the only reason to level is Avatar form which isn't too great.

2. How are enchantment limits a good thing when, barely anyone has +20 gear, and before 5.0 a handful had it.

3. I agree with

4. The only problem I had with the new manastones was the lack of interest but they were good if you invested in it.

5. Would be nice if they hadn't removed all those regions.

6. How was tradeable gear a problem, you still needed to do instances to get them. I don't want to go back to the days of doing 80 Infinity Shard runs just to get a full set.

7. PvP gear will come from pure PvP, the problem with that is people won't have a platform to start and they have to be good from the get go. This can lead to a snowball effect where winners will win even more and losers get dumped in the dumpster. Atleast with the current system there is a buffer that minimises the gear difference between winners and losers in pvp. This new system will mean better players will gear up faster and their win % will keep increasing.

The only good thing about 6.0 is class rebalance but other than that it spells doom to Aion especially by removing economy.

3 minutes ago, TradedKatForSam-KT said:

1. Leveling is much easier and less important than before. Ever since the addition of essence cores one can forget about leveling. With strong enough cores you can have 75 skills on a level 73. Luna got buffed in 5.6 with xp increase, and in 5.8 theres a lot of imrpovements in xp especially for 3 man instances where you get get more than a bill xp per run with 100% xp amulet. Not to mention we have events like Kumuki. I would understand if yoy made this complaint pre- 5.3, but right now the only reason to level is Avatar form which isn't too great.

2. How are enchantment limits a good thing when, barely anyone has +20 gear, and before 5.0 a handful had it.

3. I agree with

4. The only problem I had with the new manastones was the lack of interest but they were good if you invested in it.

5. Would be nice if they hadn't removed all those regions.

6. How was tradeable gear a problem, you still needed to do instances to get them. I don't want to go back to the days of doing 80 Infinity Shard runs just to get a full set.

7. PvP gear will come from pure PvP, the problem with that is people won't have a platform to start and they have to be good from the get go. This can lead to a snowball effect where winners will win even more and losers get dumped in the dumpster. Atleast with the current system there is a buffer that minimises the gear difference between winners and losers in pvp. This new system will mean better players will gear up faster and their win % will keep increasing.

The only good thing about 6.0 is class rebalance but other than that it spells doom to Aion especially by removing economy.

1- in 5.8 is much easier to level up. So the problem with the experience in some way is fixed now. But remember how it was at 5.0 or 5.2. I like 5.8 (at least the things I saw to this point)

2- so few people have it +20 or more, but was something where real money could make a huge difference. If we have a limit, everyone will reah the same value just playing. 

4- so expensive and rares. At the beggining was so hard to see a +8 or higher. We came from a game where manastones were something normal and we got them from normal drops. As we can buy everything, Is another thing where people with a lot of real money on the game, have some advantage. Free players are unable to have a full +10 or better manastones gear. 

6- the problem is that I do not really need to do the instances to get them. I can let you do the job, I can convert some dollars to kinah and I will buy it from you. Yet, in 4.0 things wasn´t perfect. I was thinking more on something like 3.7. Having a complete TS or Kahrun gear wasn´t hard, but we had to play. And about IS, you were lucky, I needed like 120 runs for the full set :P 

7- Well. About this, we will need to see how they manage the rewards. I collected my first coliseum 55 C1 gear from lvl 46 to 55. I lost so many arenas, but even losing you got something. And what you say in some way happens all the time. Even in PvE. People with better gear can do more things easily and they get more items. 

18 minutes ago, TradedKatForSam-KT said:

The economy isn’t being removed. Where did you read that? Having untradeable equipment and items like pre 5.x doesn’t mean the economy is being removed. All items are obtainable in game.

Saying 6.0 will be the doom of Aion is both subjective and objective. Didn’t people say the same thing about 4.8? About 5.0? Yet here we are.

It’s been literally 2-3 days since 6.0 launched in Korea, can’t call it a failure when we don’t yet know what’s ahead of us.

You can't really pay to win for +20. Older gear pre 5.0 you could, because all you needed to do was dump omegas and eventually you would get to +20. But archdaeva gear you have to go through enchanting from 0-15 again each time you fail in amplification. You still gonna have trouble farming those supplements unless you honestly believe paying players are dumb enough to buy 400 greater supplements for 300 ncoin which is such a rip off. Also to mention paying players would be limited by the actual supply of the item. Can't do any enchants if pieces are already bought out.

I remember when +10 manastones were 1.1bill now they are as low as 160mill, if anything its just a lot of spoon feeding in from events, its just become easier.

There will always be a need for instances, just because you have say harvester gear means doing AOE is pointless or something like that. You can get gear to sell to others, not just for yourself. But for Infinity shard if you get your full set, whats the point of doing it anymore. 5.x instances means your effort will always be relevant regardless of what gear you have.

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

The economy isn’t being removed. Where did you read that? Having untradeable equipment and items like pre 5.x doesn’t mean the economy is being removed. All items are obtainable in game.

Saying 6.0 will be the doom of Aion is both subjective and objective. Didn’t people say the same thing about 4.8? About 5.0? Yet here we are.

It’s been literally 2-3 days since 6.0 launched in Korea, can’t call it a failure when we don’t yet know what’s ahead of us.

Removal of kinah, and trading between players extremely limited that's gonna completely decimate the economy. 4.8 wrecked the game, a lot of people quit, no one liked Enshar or Cygnea. Atleast with 5.x things get better with each patch, always improvements.

17 minutes ago, TradedKatForSam-KT said:

Removal of kinah, and trading between players extremely limited that's gonna completely decimate the economy. 4.8 wrecked the game, a lot of people quit, no one liked Enshar or Cygnea. Atleast with 5.x things get better with each patch, always improvements.

Kinah isn’t removed. It’s character bound.

The current economy is what wrecked Aion. 

People come and go, people are free to keep enjoying the game and look past its flaws or mourn over what they loved and move on somewhere else. This happens with all games, not just Aion. 

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

How about you move this section to the "Unknown" section and stop spreading this nyerking rumour? (and talking about patches that didn't exist)

Yes I can. I can check in LFG or post that I am buying +20 something. Will be expensive, but with enought kinah I can. I can Buy omegas or temperings from BCM when they add them. Large quantities. Of course I will be wasting so much money, but is about numbers. Dior got his upgraded daevanion gear using a lot of money in temperings to enchant his plume. With money I can buy lunas to get manastones +11. With more money I can buy 42 felicitous from BCM and use them in all of them. Supps are used to go to +15. after taht is aplification. No supps required. Did you see some of those videos from a koreans players showing us how to enchant and how get better gear? Of course they break so many things. But With money I can just buy more.

A limit is nice. Cause even if a player with real money can get the stones on the first day, +15 is an easy lvl to get, so a free player could reach that some weeks later. And they wont have difference in gear. Untradeable gear is nice, cause we will need to try harder to get what we want. Do you find normal that a player who never did BoS and has no clue about how to play there, have a complete harvester +15? 

There will always be differences. We can not have all the same. But in that way the only difference is your effort and how much you try to learn and your skills. I wanted IS gear on 4.0. Wasn´t easy for me. I needed some months just to get the kahrun full HP. I lost so many runs from LFG just trying to learn. We needed a key and was expensive. Yet, I loved that instance later. I needed like 120 wins to get the full gear. But I did probably twice of that. Why? to help my friends to get their gear. To make my legion more active. I leveled up a templar just for IS. If you like something, you will keep doing that. If you do not like something you wont try it twice. 

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You need something to wear when the new patch comes out while you are working on the new stuff, so it's still important to acquire and purify the current sets.

There will be a homeward bound event at 6.0 + 6.0 quests give you gears until level 80.

So indeed there is somehow no point reaching level 75 atm and spending much time on current gear that will disappear within the next 6 months.

28 minutes ago, 1s2C44BF-KT said:

So indeed there is somehow no point reaching level 75 atm and spending much time on current gear that will disappear within the next 6 months.

The gear part, its fair. Getting to 75 though, this is actually the best time to do so.

Those who reach 75 before 6.0 get compensated. With what? Not sure yet, but they know it was a big trip for those that did, so, we can expect it to be a good reward. If you dont like that, then how about the benefits of being level 75 NOW? Abuse of Elemental Transformations while we have them, that tasty 180 Essence skill, the ability to run something more than AoE or CoE, having excess of Essence, being completely invisible to level 65 mobs, resisting the majority of the skills some mobs throw at you.

52 minutes ago, 1s2C44BF-KT said:

There will be a homeward bound event at 6.0 + 6.0 quests give you gears until level 80.

How exactly is a Homeward Bound event going to help those of us that aren't going to stop playing for at least 30 days? Actually.. most of us got flagged currently as a Returning User by mistake so even if we were going to be inactive for 30 days prior to 6.0 we wouldn't be able to participate in any new Homeward Bound since we are participating this time. 

Add to that that Homeward Bound gear has never been the best gear and gear in and of itself is changing radically in 6.0 to gear that you get and then continue to upgrade as you level. 

Not really sure what you are trying to get at.

Well first my friend, 

Homeward event gear is effective for level below 65, which is completely fair. It wasn't supposed to be tagged as the best gear but the gear that will help you to not feel naked once 66+.

Yet add to that as I said that since the 6.0 release, you receive new gear as you are leveling from level one until level eighty.

So I suppose NCSoft thought about these new starters players or even those who are not 80 :  as cool and decent but not best gear to start with.

So unless you're a tryhard +20 pvp gear, etc.. It is clearly a huge benefit.

I guess here they thought about casual players that they want to bring back in the game.

----------

And for your first paragraph. Actually I've been grabbing all the homeward bound event since their first release. First as a new then a returning player. So it is possible to gather them.

And I bet you anything they will put a new one at the 6.0 release which is hundred percent logical.

So what you could do, is make a new account on the same server than your current chars and send all your kinah from your current chars to this new one, so you will have something to start with.

Archived