what avoid in aion 5.8 before aion 6.0

Ozone-DN

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

When and where did you read there will be Homeward Bound at 6.0? For the record, they're removing the status of new/returning players. Can't have Homeward Bound without that.

Well that settles that, doesn't it?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

Yes I can. I can check in LFG or post that I am buying +20 something. Will be expensive, but with enought kinah I can. I can Buy omegas or temperings from BCM when they add them. Large quantities. Of course I will be wasting so much money, but is about numbers. Dior got his upgraded daevanion gear using a lot of money in temperings to enchant his plume. With money I can buy lunas to get manastones +11. With more money I can buy 42 felicitous from BCM and use them in all of them. Supps are used to go to +15. after taht is aplification. No supps required. Did you see some of those videos from a koreans players showing us how to enchant and how get better gear? Of course they break so many things. But With money I can just buy more.

A limit is nice. Cause even if a player with real money can get the stones on the first day, +15 is an easy lvl to get, so a free player could reach that some weeks later. And they wont have difference in gear. Untradeable gear is nice, cause we will need to try harder to get what we want. Do you find normal that a player who never did BoS and has no clue about how to play there, have a complete harvester +15? 

There will always be differences. We can not have all the same. But in that way the only difference is your effort and how much you try to learn and your skills. I wanted IS gear on 4.0. Wasn´t easy for me. I needed some months just to get the kahrun full HP. I lost so many runs from LFG just trying to learn. We needed a key and was expensive. Yet, I loved that instance later. I needed like 120 wins to get the full gear. But I did probably twice of that. Why? to help my friends to get their gear. To make my legion more active. I leveled up a templar just for IS. If you like something, you will keep doing that. If you do not like something you wont try it twice. 

You can't even get +11 from luna anymore, and asking to buy +20 lol? You really think people will go out of their way to try and sell a +20 piece to you, and risk getting broke with no guarantee that even if they succeed the buyer could have second thoughts. I tried selling +20 special elite wings for months and there wasn't a whisper.

Why have a limit if barely anyone does amplification? Some people like to +16 just so they feel good about themselves as they are above average. Removing that will just hurt those people's ego, and people's ego are what funds and keeps this game going.

And big deal if someone got a Peitan weapon, its trash compared to what currently exists. I was dumb enough to get baited by it, and NCsoft got a lot of money and no one got to win despite paying.

14 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

You can't even get +11 from luna anymore, and asking to buy +20 lol? You really think people will go out of their way to try and sell a +20 piece to you, and risk getting broke with no guarantee that even if they succeed the buyer could have second thoughts. I tried selling +20 special elite wings for months and there wasn't a whisper.

Why have a limit if barely anyone does amplification? Some people like to +16 just so they feel good about themselves as they are above average. Removing that will just hurt those people's ego, and people's ego are what funds and keeps this game going.

And big deal if someone got a Peitan weapon, its trash compared to what currently exists. I was dumb enough to get baited by it, and NCsoft got a lot of money and no one got to win despite paying.

But... on the broker are a lot of +20 items usually. Also some players offer items on LFG chat. Yes. it is expensive. But some people took that risk and now they want to get some profit in kinah. I do not even need to ask somebody to try to enchant ir for me. I just need to check what is on sale. 

NA is not like Korea. In Korea more players try to get a +30 item. It is tru tahn in NA +20 is considered a lot and so few people try to go further. But remember that the game is not designed acording to us. They are more focused on what happens in Korea. There the limit is something. 

An even here. You probably saw that is a big difference between a weap +15 or the same weap +20. The last one has one extra skill or pasive. Those last 5 levels count as 10. And if you have 3 or more items +20 on your set, the gap with players on +10 to +15 is really big. 

I am agree that reaching a +30 requires to be totally a P2W player. And you really need a lot of money, but we do not have that here. But lets be honest, as a free player, and even with some toons and doing everything to get more items, You will just reach a +15 set after some months. But +20 is too much and usually you will not have enought resources for that if you do not use your real money. 

but still. I think all this conversation is a little outdated now. Somebody added a video on another thread showing us something about enchantments. It seems that our new "technical limit" will be at +10. So maybe we will still see  the gap between free players and players with money on the last 5 lvls on enchaments. (it seems that is really hard, and expensive to reach +15. and the bonus are bigger on higher levels). So in some way, will be the same. just different numbers. 

5 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

But... on the broker are a lot of +20 items usually. Also some players offer items on LFG chat. Yes. it is expensive. But some people took that risk and now they want to get some profit in kinah. I do not even need to ask somebody to try to enchant ir for me. I just need to check what is on sale. 

NA is not like Korea. In Korea more players try to get a +30 item. It is tru tahn in NA +20 is considered a lot and so few people try to go further. But remember that the game is not designed acording to us. They are more focused on what happens in Korea. There the limit is something. 

An even here. You probably saw that is a big difference between a weap +15 or the same weap +20. The last one has one extra skill or pasive. Those last 5 levels count as 10. And if you have 3 or more items +20 on your set, the gap with players on +10 to +15 is really big. 

I am agree that reaching a +30 requires to be totally a P2W player. And you really need a lot of money, but we do not have that here. But lets be honest, as a free player, and even with some toons and doing everything to get more items, You will just reach a +15 set after some months. But +20 is too much and usually you will not have enought resources for that if you do not use your real money. 

but still. I think all this conversation is a little outdated now. Somebody added a video on another thread showing us something about enchantments. It seems that our new "technical limit" will be at +10. So maybe we will still see  the gap between free players and players with money on the last 5 lvls on enchaments. (it seems that is really hard, and expensive to reach +15. and the bonus are bigger on higher levels). So in some way, will be the same. just different numbers. 

The only +20 pieces I see on broker are PvE pieces and its hard to sell.

And I have +35 pieces, but I didn't pay at all so I don't know where you get this rubbish that its only possible with paying players. +20 is possible with some luck and not that hard to +15.

Truth is that you CANT prepare for 6.0. Maybe just save some scrolls for exchange etc With 6.0 hype KR even managed to make your kinah lose any value. Last i heard that exchange rate is current 30m -> 1 gold bar -> 1.3m new kinah, at same time they lowered matt selling prices to NPC and removed kinah from mob drops, also they put in shop items what cost 200 gold bars = 6b in current price. And on TOP of all that in Quna shop is bundles for 70 Quna what gives you 10m new kinah when open.

Ones who say that its worth to grind to 75 now most likely want you to feel same PAIN as they had because in Korea for new gear got exchanged 80lvl PvP set and 80lvl Parusha (Harvester) . With those sets sorc can hit maybe 6k MB and 2.5-3k MA, in 6.0 80lvl sorc in set from QUESTS will have 8-9k magical attack and 6k+ accuracy (ones in red sets will have 12k+ Magical attack). Every pre 6.0 gear will fit only for skins. To say even more 6.0 use completely different stat system.

P.S. Yeah right 180 day Title is so worth to grind to 75 now rofl

P.P.S. To be honest Korea did huge mistake by bringing 6.0 only in KR instead of launching 6.0 at same time in all regions.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, Kubei-DN said:

When and where did you read there will be Homeward Bound at 6.0? For the record, they're removing the status of new/returning players. Can't have Homeward Bound without that.

Well they might have removed the current version of it but according to Cyan, the KR dev team is working on a new system. So this is not the end for sure.

We might be able to expect it with the following 6.X patches, because this system seems to be very attractive to new players and it was very useful in the past. Rewrapping it, sounds like a good plan considering how many things were outdated. 

Better use to use up those temperings/omegas or sell them.

14 hours ago, Svaite-DN said:

P.P.S. To be honest Korea did huge mistake by bringing 6.0 only in KR instead of launching 6.0 at same time in all regions.

NC Korea's main concern are their  games for Korean players so why would they wait, plus they dont translate the game for NA/EU and many other reasons why it will take longer for other regions.

PS.Does anyone know what will happen to ancient coins/blood marks/blood medals/Spinels etc.. can you trade them for something? are all the npc gone?

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

Well they might have removed the current version of it but according to Cyan, the KR dev team is working on a new system. So this is not the end for sure.

We might be able to expect it with the following 6.X patches, because this system seems to be very attractive to new players and it was very useful in the past. Rewrapping it, sounds like a good plan considering how many things were outdated. 

I'm not entirely sure whether the devs will want NCWest to keep the Abbey and stuff. I don't see the statue leading to Abbey in the main cities, usually it's whatever Korea says, the West does, but you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

Did someone said that kinah is player bound? But you can still sell things right? I mean with broker you can still exchange kinah. his could possibly block kinah sellers doing their job, but if you can still sell items they will simply use this means.

I like they are making plenty of solo things. I do not like going to mass things like instances. I am a lone wolf, I like it this way.

They need to stop forcing things up our ass though. Give people options for many things on play style.

17 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Did someone said that kinah is player bound? But you can still sell things right? I mean with broker you can still exchange kinah. his could possibly block kinah sellers doing their job, but if you can still sell items they will simply use this means.

I like they are making plenty of solo things. I do not like going to mass things like instances. I am a lone wolf, I like it this way.

They need to stop forcing things up our ass though. Give people options for many things on play style.

The kinah is bound to the character as is the new currency. You cannot open a private shop nor trade other players directly and it was looking like the only thing on the broker was stigmas.

Most everything will be character bound.

8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The kinah is bound to the character as is the new currency. You cannot open a private shop nor trade other players directly and it was looking like the only thing on the broker was stigmas.

Most everything will be character bound.

Well might as well this will be the final death of the game. No reason to farm anything if you have to sell it on npc. Previously people had professions, crafting things to sell and get a profit. professions are done worthless now and sooner or everything will be soul bound.

I am more than sure they are trying to destroy the game. Unless we miss something and we do not take that something into consideration.

Professions have been worthless for quite some time now. I have said so before, but the only reason to keep up with old professions are consumables, and they will be unusable/worthless in 6.0, so might as well jut remove that aspect. Suyre, people can craft skins, but... barely anyone does. We have moved on from them for quite a long time now.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, Svaite-DN said:

No they didn't. Releasing it in KR first gives us a chance to see what changes are coming our way. We are getting plenty of time to plan and prepare for them.I am thankful we didn't all get it at the same time.

13 minutes ago, Ashtar-KT said:

No they didn't. Releasing it in KR first gives us a chance to see what changes are coming our way. We are getting plenty of time to plan and prepare for them.I am thankful we didn't all get it at the same time.

Same. If we're losing housing again, this gives me a chance to start hoarding admin boons. :P

just leveled a chanter and leveling became pretty easy and linear.

Tbh i think its okay if you want to fully skip 5.8

most (if not) everything will become useless in a month or so when ppl start getting their new gear

Koreans got some compensation. But for the REAL good compensation you should be using +25 - +35 ancient harvester or 80 abyss gear

so....

So having a lot of kinah will be useless right? Unless there are NPCs to buy things you need, since you cannot buy it from other players.

I just fail to understand ho everything will be soul bound and how will people be able to build their characters when they will not be able to sell something in order to buy something else.

its useless to gear up rn if u cant achieve +25.  if you saw 6.0 streams you get the new free gear and its already better than the gear we have now. Might as well save ur kinah or raise your aetherforging level since you can craft all the new items through that in 6.0

Archived