Jump to content
Forums

Help understanding AION NA subscription model


Recommended Posts

Hi I am a former AION EU player which has decided to move here to NA after 6.0 got announced. I feel that the European publisher will find a way to screw that 6.0 over and so I will take the following months to build a presence in here, NA.

Would someone please be gentle and explain what the major differences are between a paying player and a f2p one. I'm thinking of getting the monthly prestige pack subscription, assuming it does actually help.

I've logged in game and seen a few unique NPC's which I believe are linked to the prestige pack, the pink robots. Again, a quick explanation of what they do and if there's any special currency involved would be lovely.

Least, I've been around these forums lately and the overall feel is that people are nicer and keener to help, while over the EU forums it's mainly a troll/toxic fest, and this has been a huge plus for my decision to switch over xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, I  hope you have better time here. Speaking from a player who isnt much as a paying player.You dont have the restrictions to must have a gold pack like EU has but someone who is starting from zero here, a prestige back might help alot. Since you dont get much kinah from game quests unless  lucky with events.

The robots with with pink quests are only for prestige players, game currency that you receive with pack. I dont if their worth buying but you can get some skins/mount from luna too. Which recommend doing the luna instances that arent nerfed like EU has it. Free untradeable  omegas(apes what you call in them in EU?).   

Edited by Heuo-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

Welcome, I  hope you have better time here. Speaking from a player who isnt much as a paying player.You dont have the restrictions to must have a gold pack like EU has but someone who is starting from zero here, a prestige back might help alot. Since you dont get much kinah from game quests unless  lucky with events.

The robots with with pink quests are only for prestige players, game currency that you receive with pack. I dont if their worth buying but you can get some skins/mount from luna too. Which recommend doing the luna instances that arent nerfed like EU has it. Free untradeable  omegas(apes what you call in them in EU?).   

Thanks a lot, not the most specific answer I was expecting but still useful, I guess you summarized the main bits which is good, it gets to the point. 

Also I was just browsing the cash shop earlier on, and the feeling is that it's got less pay2win items in here which is good, slightly more balanced. Would you players agree?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hi and welcome! :3 

You're getting the right impression of NCWest. It's much less P2W than GameForge, as I know you need certain packs so you can "unlock" certain features on EU, which is making you spend money... lol The prestige pack is really not that bad, might need to be updated by NCWest but that's another thing. Other than that you can play it w/o spending any real money on Aion unless you really wanna go fancy and want certain things from the BCM, which you can't get in-game. The BCM offers some skins, packages like the value boost pack and more, but all those are not a must have, so you can play w/o them.

As you already discovered, the prestige pack offers access to special NPCs. You get prestige coins daily for just being online and with those you can buy in-game items from those special NPCs. It's quite straight forward, but if you need help with anything or got more questions, feel free to ask! :3

And yeeeee, we have some drama here and there on LFG and some trolls but people on forum are very lovely. I've been asked many times to switch to GameForge but nope nope, it's horrible there for me, I dislike it a lot. >.<

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loomia-KT said:

a few unique NPC's which I believe are linked to the prestige pack, the pink robots. Again, a quick explanation of what they do and if there's any special currency involved would be lovely.

Firstly, you get special prestige "coins" just from being online. You will receive these coins on ALL toons on this account, not just the toon to which you have applied the Prestige Pack. They are storable in your account warehouse, so you can move them from your alts to your main. There is a vending machine with those NPCs from which you can purchase things using those prestige coins. Most of the vending machine rewards are outdated crap. I think most of us only use the coins to buy the Major Blessed Augment item as that's the only thing really worth it. Hopefully they will update the rewards for 6.0, but I doubt it.

Next, there is an NPC who looks like a little doctor. He gives a buff that lasts 24 hours (actual hours that you are logged in, so it will stop counting down when you are logged out). The buff applies 5% running speed and 10% item drop rate. Note, this buff can be applied to all of your toons on that account, not just the toon to which you have applied the Prestige Pack.

Another NPC in that little group gives instance-related quests. For example, you can run Beshmundir Temple and Dark Poeta twice each and then turn it into him for 4000 prestige coins. He also gives one weekly pvp quest and one daily pvp quest.

A last NPC has a couple of random things you can do, such as turn in a plastic surgery ticket or get a piece of crap gear that no one would use (and it's not cute for a skin either). He's kind of useless tbh.

3 hours ago, Loomia-KT said:

Would someone please be gentle and explain what the major differences are between a paying player and a f2p one

Aside from the NPCs listed above, here are the other benefits Prestige Pack holders receive.

1. You will receive more entries into instances each week. For example, you will receive 3 entries per week into Adma and Theo instead of 2. You will receive 2 entries per day into Fissure of Oblivion instead of 1. There are other instances which also receive increases; these are just random examples.

2. Each month, you will receive two boxes of gifts. One box will contain 1 hour running and attack/cast scrolls as well as crit strike/spell scrolls. These are one of the most useful things, in my opinion. The other box will receive random items that will vary from month to month. Warning, some of them will be outdated. Like the vending machine, they need to revamp these gifts. You could receive something as useful as an omega or something as useless as a conqueror's mark (outdated Gelkmaros currency). You can see the items here under Rewards: http://store.aiononline.com/store/detail?goodsNo=9330000&categoryPath=1_98

3. You will receive a gold chest that will stay in your inventory for 30 days. You can open it once per day. It will give random items, MOST of which are useful, but there are a few outdated items as well. You can see the items here under Prestige Case (30 Day): http://store.aiononline.com/store/detail?goodsNo=9330000&categoryPath=1_98

4. You will receive more GP in sieges than non-Prestige players.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything as I am not currently logged into the game.

Edited by Vantheria-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks peepz you're all amazing, I will be getting the monthly prestige subscription then. I'll just hit 66 first.

Slightly offtopic now,  would you please have a look at my average ping from the image below and tell me if I will be okay doing mainly PvE and some open world PvP from time to time? Bear in mind I'm using a ping enhancing service (similar to battleping, wtfast) and the connection is very stable, no spikes at all.

Screenshot

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Loomia-KT said:

Thanks peepz you're all amazing, I will be getting the monthly prestige subscription then. I'll just hit 66 first.

Slightly offtopic now,  would you please have a look at my average ping from the image below and tell me if I will be okay doing mainly PvE and some open world PvP from time to time? Bear in mind I'm using a ping enhancing service (similar to battleping, wtfast) and the connection is very stable, no spikes at all.

Screenshot

As you seem to be a gunner, you should be just fine! :3 My ping is 250-350ms and I have no major issues with it (maybe I'm waaaay to used to it). You're not alone! <3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

As you seem to be a gunner, you should be just fine! :3 My ping is 250-350ms and I have no major issues with it (maybe I'm waaaay to used to it). You're not alone! <3

Oh good to know, although I only made the gunner to quickly get to lvl 10 to unlock the forums :D I'm only loyal to the Ranger class >---)> xD

Anyway back on topic, seen the new currencies and the subscription model Korea has adopted with the 6.0 update, I'm so looking forward for those to be implemented in here as they are! I'll try to explain

According to the past updates, NCWEST had requested some tweaks for the game model to suit western players needs. With PLAYNC getting rid of the mandatory subscription, they have adopted a model that (to me) would easily fit the western playerbase exactly as it is, The balance between p2w and f2p is very clever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...