Boss void zone abilities not visible

Zenril-KT

Hi returning player here and was wondering what specific graphics option controls boss ability "void zones" like the blue circles of death in on bosses in AOE/DSL. First time running the dungeon I saw the abilities but later lowered my settings from auto (everything on high/far) to remove seemingly unnecessary visuals like water effects/shader quality and now I cannot see these abilities. I tried swapping everything back to high/far in graphics but still not showing, any ideas? 

29 minutes ago, Verithyn-SL said:

Hi returning player here and was wondering what specific graphics option controls boss ability "void zones" like the blue circles of death in on bosses in AOE/DSL. First time running the dungeon I saw the abilities but later lowered my settings from auto (everything on high/far) to remove seemingly unnecessary visuals like water effects/shader quality and now I cannot see these abilities. I tried swapping everything back to high/far in graphics but still not showing, any ideas? 

First of all, welcome back! Secondly, I haven't had to mess with my settings recently but I *think* the option that controls telegraphed attack visuals is the Full Screen Skill FX. It isn't one of the sliders (It's located beneath the sliders near the bottom of the settings list) so you may have overlooked it when resetting stuff (I did the same thing a while back haha.). Hope that helps!

4 minutes ago, Verithyn-SL said:

I have had that feature enabled (never turned it off) but am playing the game in windowed full screen do you think that could be an issue? Thanks!

Nope, I have mine set the same as well. Hmmm. How about on your Misc. tab, do you have the "Display Effects for" set on anything but All? This should only affect players but Aion's settings are a fickle and strange mistress.

First of all, Aion runs on this sh*tty outdated cryengine...omg, hate it to infinity.

Second of all, Fest is right, set "display effects > for all" and you'll be able to see boss's abilities and areas of effect on the ground.

*which also turns on visible all the other players' skills and sometimes makes fights a visual clusterf*ck so to speak. O.o

13 minutes ago, CaptainSquid-SL said:

What is a decent game engine?

I am not sure, but for some reason Aion hates my rig. I like the engines that Fallout 4, Skyrim or Quake Champions are built on. Or Final Fantasy Online from mmo titles. These run smooth as butter on my pc. Aion, not so much :( . Maybe it's just my config, I don't know.

Actually if there's anyone with Ryzen build, gtx gpu and g-sync monitor who could help me, please let me know. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Archived