Best Server? (population, economy, leveling, PvE, PvP)

GenericUser9878

I actually think Danaria is bigger, but not by too much. @Vantheria-DN is correct that the Elyos numbers are superior to the Asmodian numbers on both servers. Haven't seen much a difference in the economies and leveling is nyerk easy to 70 and slows down after that. Server doesn't effect leveling.

And yes. Your characters are on Danaria.

5 hours ago, 5s2761F2-DN said:

I just finished downloading Aion. I am a returning player, I was playing during the 4.x era. I'm aware of the server merge. I was in TM back in the days so I guess my toons went in Danaria right?

Anyway which one is the best server in terms of population, economy, leveling etc. now?

In terms of playerbase both servers are about equal. Danaria has a slightly larger playerbase and warmer community, but Katalam has more people who know what they are doing - both in terms of PvE and PvP. It really depends on where your priorities are.

Besides that it's the same old. Elyos have the numbers, Asmos have the gear and co-operation, and both sides have hackers.

16 minutes ago, Vang-DN said:

Having played on both servers as well as both factions at one time or another, Danaria is the best server and Elyos seem to dominate pretty easily. Just my take 

That's a pretty recent thing. When the merge first happened, the numbers were rather even for sieges (300+) and the Asmodians squashed the Elyos to the point that the Elyos had a level 9 buff on -every- single fort. The Asmodians took a break to let the buff go down to something more manageable. The new patch hit with the new Divine fort and suddenly the Elyos were pulling 500+. No clue where all those bodies came from. Yet, last week the Asmodians succeeded in taking Divine despite having fewer numbers (though not as outnumbered as the week before) -and- the Elyos had all three uppers so they had the cannon that destroys the first gate. That's not what I would call "dominating pretty easily."

I have a feeling that when the Asmos decide to siege again in actual numbers, the server will go back to being Asmodian dominated.

44 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I have a feeling that when the Asmos  decide to siege again in actual numbers

Part of the thing -- and I think you will agree -- is that we (DN-A) do not know from day to day if we're sieging. We'll see a post in lfg from Aioroz or Scooopz like 10 minutes before siege starts and we may or may not be busy with something else at the time lol.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

That's a pretty recent thing. When the merge first happened, the numbers were rather even for sieges (300+) and the Asmodians squashed the Elyos to the point that the Elyos had a level 9 buff on -every- single fort. The Asmodians took a break to let the buff go down to something more manageable. The new patch hit with the new Divine fort and suddenly the Elyos were pulling 500+. No clue where all those bodies came from. Yet, last week the Asmodians succeeded in taking Divine despite having fewer numbers (though not as outnumbered as the week before) -and- the Elyos had all three uppers so they had the cannon that destroys the first gate. That's not what I would call "dominating pretty easily."

I have a feeling that when the Asmos decide to siege again in actual numbers, the server will go back to being Asmodian dominated.

Totally agree with you on this. I played as Asmo on Israphel for a few years before the merge and getting asmos to siege is like trying to drive a car in the ocean. Impossible. However, if and when they do decide to siege again, then yes I think Asmos will take over. That’s a big if though 

Archived