How to fix Battle Grounds

Nadiko-DN

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

They deliberately removed the ability to kick people in Evergale. It's clear they have no intention of punishing afkers. I agree that it's semi-annoying, but that's the reality of the situation. :/

The kick function was being abused and with the addition of the equipment purifying materials, would have been abused ever further because people. People are inherently nasty and will abuse any power given them. People suck.

zgaO7.gif

Make those who don't do at least 1k damage to the enemy get no rewards. Easy to do even for clerics/supports (even in support sets) and even lowbies without gear (which don't even need to be there but w/e) as long as they don't fully afk.

Or just apply the same rules as for siege here.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

42 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Something that NCWest could do is add an option during the sieges/Evergale in which you can report the afk people, as they did for the goldsellers, once enough reports have been gathered, that character can not enter at any moment or siege in the game for a few days.

Potential for abuse is too high. "I and my friends don't like you, so we're all going to report you and the autotool will autoban you from things." The gold seller block and even reportbot have been abused, and they're less damaging.

You can report siege AfKers with a ticket to Support.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Potential for abuse is too high. "I and my friends don't like you, so we're all going to report you and the autotool will autoban you from things." The gold seller block and even reportbot have been abused, and they're less damaging.

Don't waste Support's time with tickets for siege afkers. As posted earlier, given fair warning, if someone is AFK, an alliance leader can kick them, and in the alliances I've been in, it hasn't been abused since the rules were posted - people have been given multiple clear warnings after clearly being AFK, usually for almost the whole seige.

Right now, there's no way with people who AFK in EC. NC can either decide that EC is like dredge and it's not going to be enforced at all  OR they can say that a multi-alliance instance should be held to a higher standard- which I hope they do. I would prefer that if someone is inactive after a certain period (let's say 5 minutes), they get an auto-kick, and their spot gets filled. That's not perfect, I'm been in other games where someone can get into a match just as it ends, but at least with EC you don't burn an entry.

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I dont see it that way, in fact, something must be done to end this problem, it isnt fair to go to EC and see half of our ally afk leaving the whole league at a great disadvantage and to the people who is trying to get the necessary points.

Oh, I agree. It's just having an automatic "report AFK" function ingame would be horrendously abused. Like I said, it's already happened and happening, and kicking got abused so much that it was removed.

Most we can hope for at this point is reporting AFK'ers directly to Support (since Support can see that they're AFK'ing) and having Cyan and Hime back us up that AFK'ing in EC is actually severely damaging to fellow players and the policy should be that they can get banned for it.

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

I dont see it that way, in fact, something must be done to end this problem, it isnt fair to go to EC and see half of our ally afk leaving the whole league at a great disadvantage and to the people who is trying to get the necessary points.

Agreed. But people suck. Huge. And they will abuse any system that is player driven.

Allow alliance leads to kick in Evergale and potatoes will kick anyone they don't like or kick every except their friends or kick people so that their friends get a pop. Imagine that happening to you. Imagining sitting in the queue for 30 minutes (if you are an Asmo, that actually happens.. Elyos get insta pops and I can't figure out why since they have greater numbers) and having the alliance lead kick you for no reason other than they wanted to. They will claim you were afk. You can complain to Support but how does that get you your Evergale run back?

Give players a Report AFK button and they will find it funny to have all their friends spam report someone they don't like.. making them not be able to queue again or whatever punishment you attach to the button.

I wasn't kidding when I said that people suck. They do. In great numbers. Give them any power at all and they will abuse it. 

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Agreed. But people suck. Huge. And they will abuse any system that is player driven.

Allow alliance leads to kick in Evergale and potatoes will kick anyone they don't like or kick every except their friends or kick people so that their friends get a pop. Imagine that happening to you. Imagining sitting in the queue for 30 minutes (if you are an Asmo, that actually happens.. Elyos get insta pops and I can't figure out why since they have greater numbers) and having the alliance lead kick you for no reason other than they wanted to. They will claim you were afk. You can complain to Support but how does that get you your Evergale run back?

Give players a Report AFK button and they will find it funny to have all their friends spam report someone they don't like.. making them not be able to queue again or whatever punishment you attach to the button.

I wasn't kidding when I said that people suck. They do. In great numbers. Give them any power at all and they will abuse it. 

This ^^

4 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

Don't waste Support's time with tickets for siege afkers. As posted earlier, given fair warning, if someone is AFK, an alliance leader can kick them, and in the alliances I've been in, it hasn't been abused since the rules were posted - people have been given multiple clear warnings after clearly being AFK, usually for almost the whole seige.

Right now, there's no way with people who AFK in EC. NC can either decide that EC is like dredge and it's not going to be enforced at all  OR they can say that a multi-alliance instance should be held to a higher standard- which I hope they do. I would prefer that if someone is inactive after a certain period (let's say 5 minutes), they get an auto-kick, and their spot gets filled. That's not perfect, I'm been in other games where someone can get into a match just as it ends, but at least with EC you don't burn an entry.

^ ^ wrong I used to see people kicked out of coalition in UA siege right before fort flip by some people just because of dislikes or grudges etc. I don't know what happy bubble you are living in but Aly is right there are a lot of nasty people out there and this crap does happen.

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

for that reason something has to be done, if I waited more than 30 minutes to go in to EC and to lose or not to get the necessary points because a lot of people were afk i would be much more than pissed.

And yes, i agree with you, people suck, its the only thing people can do in perfect way, but even so i still think having an afk report option wll bring more benefits than disadvantages.

10 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

This ^^

^ ^ wrong I used to see people kicked out of coalition in UA siege right before fort flip by some people just because of dislikes or grudges etc. I don't know what happy bubble you are living in but Aly is right there are a lot of nasty people out there and this crap does happen.

Perhaps what I wrote before wasn't clear- I never said  we should have a voting system- I said auto-kick (i.e. no movement, no skills for "x" period, you're kicked). Since you don't play on DN-Elyos (unless you have an alt), what you wrote was unintentionally funny for anyone who has a clue about our past UA coalition history and how it was abused until there was some intervention. Trust me, if there was a voting system I know that it would be abused, since the same people who took advantage of the coalition system would take advantage of the vote-kick in EC.

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

for that reason something has to be done, if I waited more than 30 minutes to go in to EC and to lose or not to get the necessary points because a lot of people were afk i would be much more than pissed.

And yes, i agree with you, people suck, its the only thing people can do in perfect way, but even so i still think having an afk report option wll bring more benefits than disadvantages.

Totally agree.

BUT.. do you have an idea that would stop afkers that isn't ripe for abuse by players? Putting in a fix that just makes things worse won't help here.

49 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Perhaps what I wrote before wasn't clear- I never said  we should have a voting system- I said auto-kick (i.e. no movement, no skills for "x" period, you're kicked). Since you don't play on DN-Elyos (unless you have an alt), what you wrote was unintentionally funny for anyone who has a clue about our past UA coalition history and how it was abused until there was some intervention. Trust me, if there was a voting system I know that it would be abused, since the same people who took advantage of the coalition system would take advantage of the vote-kick in EC.

So I put my coffee mug on my space bar and jump over and over while afk or I start a macro that has me using a few skills and tape the key down that starts the macro.

I agree that the only way to have a fair system is for it to be automated, but people suck. They will always find a way around automated systems. Why? Because something for nothing and beating the system is fun.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

do you have an idea that would stop afkers

I said it before in another thread and can repeat it once again. Easiest way it's make entrance not for free, are you willing to run? Ok, pay 10m+ and do what you wish, and we will check how many afkers would like to spent kinahs.

1 minute ago, Aroch-DN said:

I said it before in another thread and can repeat it once again. Easiest way it's make entrance not for free, are you willing to run? Ok, pay 10m+ and do what you wish, and we will check how many afkers would like to spent kinahs.

10 million kinah is nothing. People that afk aren't going to care if they have to pay pocket change to be carried.

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

10 million kinah is nothing. People that afk aren't going to care if they have to pay pocket change to be carried.

Yeah and with high chances to have a fail, so 10m will be throw in trash-bin. After they spent ~50m per day for nothing they will quickly give up or start to play and help to side.

1 minute ago, Aroch-DN said:

Yeah and with high chances to have a fail, so 10m will be throw in trash-bin. After they spent ~50m per day for nothing they will quickly give up or start to play and help to side.

50 million is nothing. 100 million is nothing.

And they won't lose every single one. Winning 2/5 each day for doing nothing and just having to pay a little bit of kinah? Sounds good. 

17 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

50 million is nothing. 100 million is nothing.

And they won't lose every single one. Winning 2/5 each day for doing nothing and just having to pay a little bit of kinah? Sounds good. 

1b per run still nothing, I got you. But it's your own opinion. a lot of afkers are low levels with empty pockets.

I dunno and not sure how I feel about this myself but maybe lower the points needed for the rewards from 4K.  To many evergales are one sided, and perhaps that is what is leading to less active people queing maybe if the points were lower more people would participate as they in a quick enter actually have a decent shot of getting rewarded as most evergales are quick enters.  As for afk'rs you can't have humans involved in dealing with it as like aly said will be abused, North americans in aion have shown they will abuse every glitch, bug or game mechanic in Aion since beta and people will be kicked like seiges just cause.   So I don't have a true fix for afkr's but I dunno maybe lowering the points and getting more active people to que would fix it some but will never 100% fix.  I suppose some would still just to afk knowing points lower so will get rewards for doing nothing

15 minutes ago, Aroch-DN said:

1b per run still nothing, I got you. But it's your own opinion. a lot of afkers are low levels with empty pockets.

Have you actually taken a look at the afkers? I see 75s, high ranks and "Pro" PvPers. It isn't just the low levels. If you make the kinah amount high enough to be prohibitive to those high levels, it would  price all low levels out of even being able to afford a single run.

11 minutes ago, Aroch-DN said:

3-7 days ban after ticket to support would be solution too.

And another way put afkers in block list, and tell them about it. If a lot of players will block them, they definitely notice it.

A ban isn't going to work any more than it worked for dredg. When the game went ftp Support just didn't have the time to deal with afk dredg tickets. Evergale will lead to more. Support and "more work" just aren't a good combination. Added to that (which was one of the dredg arguments, too) what if your team is just getting slaughtered and a majority of players decide to let the instance end quickly so that you all can try again in a new instance quicker? That would be against the rules and result in everyone getting a ban. 

Your idea to block afkers isn't a bad one. It would also work for hackers and has been suggested multiple times.  Notice we haven't had any success with "block hackers" or "don't run with hackers" as a way to stop people from hacking. Why? Because people suck. 

Archived