Forums

How to fix Battle Grounds

Nadiko-DN

On 1/29/2018 at 0:05 PM, Aly-DN said:

Run out. Hit a mob for 1k damage. Run back and afk.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, knee-DN said:

at least 1k damage to the enemy

reading's a bit hard it's k

20 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

Yesterday I told to my group about blocking, and 2 of 3 afkers in my group begun a play. I'm not asking to block everyone in sight, but when you have 2 supports in group and both afk, it's ridiculous.

By the time you're done menacing everyone to block them, 3/4 of the people you're talking to have already turned off the game sounds and are away from their keyboard/tabbed out.

3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Mmm to be fair, the statement stands. Run out. Hit one ely/asmo. Run back and afk.

and it's really not that hard to code a check for minimum damage within a given amount of time as well as movement before you'd be automatically kicked from an instance. 

Really, do you honestly think that afking in PVP instances is unique to Aion ( it isn't)? and before we get more rounds of 'but people will find away around it'..well yes, some people will always, eventually find a way to exploit anything,  in no small part because the developers don't plan on all the selfish ways that people dream up. As some others have also said, community pressure should also normally come into play, but in NA we don't "name and shame".

It isn't as though people that don't stand a chance most of the time -  I often see either very geared and/or very high ranks AFKing, usually right from the start, not the lesser geared. I've also  been in alliances where we stood a very good chance, however every single support class AFKed.

53 minutes ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

and it's really not that hard to code a check for minimum damage within a given amount of time as well as movement before you'd be automatically kicked from an instance. 

Really, do you honestly think that afking in PVP instances is unique to Aion ( it isn't)? and before we get more rounds of 'but people will find away around it'..well yes, some people will always, eventually find a way to exploit anything,  in no small part because the developers don't plan on all the selfish ways that people dream up. As some others have also said, community pressure should also normally come into play, but in NA we don't "name and shame".

It isn't as though people that don't stand a chance most of the time -  I often see either very geared and/or very high ranks AFKing, usually right from the start, not the lesser geared. I've also  been in alliances where we stood a very good chance, however every single support class AFKed.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you that afkers suck. They do. I'm simply saying that is the state of Aion, and the developers are purposely making that okay by removing the kick option from Evergale.

56 minutes ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

and it's really not that hard to code *snip*

It is actually really hard for us to get anything coded just for us. The coding is done in Korea. Korea doesn't have an issue with afkers. Therefore Korea isn't going to code us a solution.

So really all of this is mute.

People are going to afk because people suck. 

I wish there was something we could do. I really do. But Korea doesn't care and people suck.

48 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It is actually really hard for us to get anything coded just for us. The coding is done in Korea. Korea doesn't have an issue with afkers. Therefore Korea isn't going to code us a solution.

So really all of this is mute.

People are going to afk because people suck. 

I wish there was something we could do. I really do. But Korea doesn't care and people suck.

I agree with you actually,  I'm not discussing the process of game development in Aion, which you are referring to, I'm talking about the actual fix itself. Aion's roadmap process - i.e. getting changes in from the community and getting them prioritized, communicating those changes.

I  if Korea doesn't have a problem, then a code change may or not be done, depends upon the scope, but it definitely would take awhile. Until then, the fastest solution is likely through a communication through the CM as per sieges.

(p.s. it's moot)

Hi, I'm part of this AFK problem, I participate during the weekend evergales, but the evergale time during week days is literally garbage for anyone with an Asian timezone, obviously not everyone has a suitable timezone for it because of it being an NA server, but the rewards for evergale are too beneficial to just skip out on.
I have no choice but to queue for it while i'm at work, and obviously I'm unable to participate while there.

If there was two evergale events, one at the current time, and another at a later time, it would be great, but unfortunately, we don't get what we want.

It seems easy enough to get kicked automatically from Panda if you're AFK for too long - even if you have your shop up.  Shorten that time, and you have automatic kick from Evergale. Yes, that would result in toons  still AFK,  now mindlessly jumping, but if there is some way to determine whether or not a toon actually moves so many meters in one direction or another - that could be the answer. If not, for say, 3 minutes, then auto-kick.

I really am appalled at the numbers of afkers in Evergale - it is  such a shitty  thing to do to your faction. It is no exaggeration to say that full alliances are afk on a regular basis in Evergale. I have never, ever kicked anyone who wasn't afk whether I liked them or not - and I have never been kicked from an alliance - but I'm sure it happens. There has to be some automated solution that will not (1.) inundate support with tickets or  (2.) continue to turn ordinarily pleasant gamers into cursing, raging lunatics.   ahem.

Archived