Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - January 31, 2018

Cyan

3 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_July_26th_2017

- Enchanting the Commander gear can fail even when using Omega Enchantment Stone with Greater Supplements (Mythic).

yeh I know that yet in the North american notes not 1 mention of new gear failing with supps other then Both mine went to 15 just saying they can fail which many won't have a clue about because no mention in the notes we use.  So the point here is yes mentioned in Korea but it really should of been mentioned in our notes so that the player base here who uses those notes would know.

When enchantment fails, it follows the following pattern: Enchant Stage Attempt Failure

Penalty 0~10 - 1 stage

11~14 Back to stage 10           

15~19 Back to stage 15

Above 20 Back to stage 20

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_July_26th_2017

- Enchanting the Commander gear can fail even when using Omega Enchantment Stone with Greater Supplements (Mythic).

Is it possible to get the drops w/o doing any extra stuff?

to get the drops in Bos literally just have to kill the 1st main boss about 15 min runs I'd say.  Nothing extra required and every one there gets 10 soulstones in easy mode.  The harvester stuff really doesn't take alot of stones to do a piece either a weapon is only 18 stones so 2 runs and can upgrade a wep

• Aion Team
16 hours ago, Brutallus-DN said:

@Cyan, will the Power Up event make plumes go down by 1 level? Or will they remain the same by resetting to 0 every time they fail

Thanks!

The Power Up Week will have no effect on plumes! Only accessories, Essence Core, and stigmas. 

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

yeh I know that yet in the North american notes not 1 mention of new gear failing with supps other then Both mine went to 15 just saying they can fail which many won't have a clue about because no mention in the notes we use.  So the point here is yes mentioned in Korea but it really should of been mentioned in our notes so that the player base here who uses those notes would know.

When enchantment fails, it follows the following pattern: Enchant Stage Attempt Failure

Penalty 0~10 - 1 stage

11~14 Back to stage 10           

15~19 Back to stage 15

Above 20 Back to stage 20

So theoretically I could dump 200 black stones into a piece of gear and get it enchanted to +15 or whatever. I mean, it would probably take all 200 stones because it would keep failing and resetting back to +10, but those stones are useless anyway so why not use them, I guess?

8 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

So theoretically I could dump 200 black stones into a piece of gear and get it enchanted to +15 or whatever. I mean, it would probably take all 200 stones because it would keep failing and resetting back to +10, but those stones are useless anyway so why not use them, I guess?

in theory you could since the new gear does not blow up.  Doubt would have decent success rate considering people failing with greater supps + omegas but yeh and if you fail on 10 you goto 9 and can go further down from there, but since stones are useless and will be even more so in 6.0 go for it.  Why not?

2 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

to get the drops in Bos literally just have to kill the 1st main boss about 15 min runs I'd say.  Nothing extra required and every one there gets 10 soulstones in easy mode.  The harvester stuff really doesn't take alot of stones to do a piece either a weapon is only 18 stones so 2 runs and can upgrade a wep

I just did a run and why did we help those prisoners escape? What does easy,normal and hard mode have to do with the first boss?

6 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

I just did a run and why did we help those prisoners escape? What does easy,normal and hard mode have to do with the first boss?

Additional Missions

Completing 0 to 5 additional tasks will trigger Easy Mode and spawn <Twisted Opel>/<Twisted Shurak> as final boss. Completing 6 to 8 tasks will trigger Normal Mode and spawn <Cursed Opel>/<Cursed Shurak>. Completing 9 to 12 tasks will trigger Hard Mode and spawn <Suffering Opel>/<Suffering Shurak>.

http://aion.wikia.com/wiki/Bastion_of_Souls

4 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Ok but why are some alliances clearing prisons?

Rescue Daevas

This part is compulsory for all groups wishing to reach beyond the prison. There will be a total of 10 Daevas imprisoned in each of the 3 floors. They must all be saved in order to disable the protective shield around <Prison Camp Generator> and access the following areas. While there is no time limit for this, the alliance wishing to trigger ranks above easy mode, this task must be completed along with the other tasks before time expires.

You need to destroy all 4 generators to get the door open to 1st boss I believe I don't lead Bos I just do it.  The extra missions also determine if the 1st boss is easy or hard mode as well not just the final boss

To answer your questions, you need to release the prisons in order to progress.  As I understand it, if you don't release the prisoners, you can't leave the prison area. (I say as I understand it because I have never -not- released all the prisoners.)

Beyond that you need to do a certain number of aide missions (outlined by @Tyd-KT) to determine the boss you get at the end. Your drops from the last boss are determined by the difficulty of the last boss and some of the aide missions also will trigger drops from the last boss.

Anyone else think it is absolutely nuts that we will have people running around with upgraded BoS gear who have never done an aide mission.. let alone killed the final boss in -any- mode?

Just now, Aly-DN said:

Anyone else think it is absolutely nuts that we will have people running around with upgraded BoS gear who have never done an aide mission.. let alone killed the final boss in -any- mode?

Lol Funny you should say this I said the same thing this morning on skype to a friend.  Like just completing bos was big, then all the gear was given in events and what do they decide to do to upgrade they make it the 1st Boss and give 10 Soulstones to each person.  So if you have full harvesters what full upgrade of all in 10 to 15 runs I haven't done the math but seems about right

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

To answer your questions, you need to release the prisons in order to progress.  As I understand it, if you don't release the prisoners, you can't leave the prison area. (I say as I understand it because I have never -not- released all the prisoners.)

Beyond that you need to do a certain number of aide missions (outlined by @Tyd-KT) to determine the boss you get at the end. Your drops from the last boss are determined by the difficulty of the last boss and some of the aide missions also will trigger drops from the last boss.

Agreed, part of that is only a small percentage of certain classes have any hope of getting into a BOS run - by certain classes - I mean DPS. 

Generally due to no one not taking anyone who hasn't run it before- not blaming anyone, it's just not easy to get into BOS. 

I do agree that some DPS don't have the necessary skill or can't follow directions, but a good percentage of the rest just fall into that evil circle of no experience, can't get in--> how do they get experience?

@CyanPardon me if not the correct place to question about it, but regarding the upcoming tempering/enchanting event, besides the wording of the post mentioning in explicit manners; "(...)tempering accessories..." but if possible, just in case, could you ask the dev team if are the Kaisinel/Marchutan equipment intended to be included in the event benefit as well? And if not, in case that does not bother you that much, would you ask them about the possibility to extend to these items as well?

Sorry if anything, and very much appreciate any response! Thanks!

P.S: Obviously, besides your response above about restriction to accs!:P

4 minutes ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

Agreed, part of that is only a small percentage of certain classes have any hope of getting into a BOS run - by certain classes - I mean DPS. 

Generally due to no one not taking anyone who hasn't run it before- not blaming anyone, it's just not easy to get into BOS. 

I do agree that some DPS don't have the necessary skill or can't follow directions, but a good percentage of the rest just fall into that evil circle of no experience, can't get in--> how do they get experience?

Well.

The thing is.. gearing in Aion is a process and by getting the top end gear from events, players skip the whole process and end up the poorer for it. There are people today running around in full upgraded BoS gear who have never downed the last boss in BoS. Hell, some of them haven't even downed the last boss in CoE. So now they have amazing gear to do what? Farm AoE? They not only don't have the experience to run BoS, but they don't have the experience of gaining experience to down difficult instances.

You say that it is hard for dps to get a group is they don't know someone. That's mostly true. But let's look at why that is. There are really very few groups that do regular or static BoS's. Why? No one needs them because the gear was handed out like candy in an event. There was no -need- for all those dps you bemoan to get off their duffs, research the instance and put together their own group. Honestly. How do you think those other static groups started? Someone (or group of someone's) researched the instance, put together a group and worked on the instance until they downed it.

And tbh with you, I am hesitant to even do a gear check when filling in a dps for my runs. You know why? Having the Harvester's gear doesn't say anything about you other than you are good at farming pumpkins. So now I am far more likely to stick with people I -know- rather than give someone a chance because your gear says nothing about you. Your stats say nothing about you. So the only thing I can go by is your performance and if I don't know you, I don't know what you can do.

24 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

your gear says nothing about you. Your stats say nothing about you. So the only thing I can go by is your performance

Also, the ability to LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS. So many people in this game simply do not listen.

I'm an average player at best, but I am invited to BoS, ToE, etc because I listen. I try my best and I do what I'm told. If I'm told to stay right next to Marked Player A, then I stay right next to him. I don't run off and start dpsing the other mobs. If I'm trying a boss for the first time, I ASK QUESTIONS. I don't try to be "cool" and act like I've done it before when I haven't.

People need to swallow their pride and just learn to listen -- a basic skill we all learn in kindergarten, but which, sadly, is forgotten by many in adulthood.

This 10x soulstone per run needs to be fixed, it literally takes only the first boss to kill to upgrade, no quests are needed to be done to get it only the prisoners/generators need to be done to get the soulstones. You can upgrade a full set in 6 runs total. Not sure if this was intended or not but 10x soulstones from every run and dropping from first boss is a joke ;p, in a week everyone will have the full set and again the gear will mean nothing to get.

Also those complaining about not getting a invite to a bos run - make your own its not a hard instance lol. Research it and learn it, then you can go whenever you'd like.

It's what I did and now I can form whenever I'd like to lol. 

15 minutes ago, Casey-DN said:

This 10x soulstone per run needs to be fixed, it literally takes only the first boss to kill to upgrade, no quests are needed to be done to get it only the prisoners/generators need to be done to get the soulstones. You can upgrade a full set in 6 runs total. Not sure if this was intended or not but 10x soulstones from every run and dropping from first boss is a joke ;p, in a week everyone will have the full set and again the gear will mean nothing to get.

Also those complaining about not getting a invite to a bos run - make your own its not a hard instance lol. Research it and learn it, then you can go whenever you'd like.

It's what I did and now I can form whenever I'd like to lol. 

Can't change it now. 

I figure by next week no one will be running BoS at all.

12 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Ok, just tested the BoS Soulstone fix.

- It aways drop 10 stones, Ive did with 6, 7 and 8 quests (Maybe more on hard mode?)
- Only drops from the first boss

- It can reset the lvl of the weapon after purify it (mine went back to lvl80)

- Omegas + supp can fail on any lvl of enchantment, but the item dont break

- Put my Greatsword on +25 on first try, the RNGs are good.. enchant ur weapons before NC nerf it :P
- The old Apollon gear (enraged, Firm and etc) still cant be purified (and Im think GM fooled me on the ticket about it :P)

Just doing 2 Aides gives 10 soulstones <.<

The people who know how to finish the entire run still benefit so much, as they can get these pieces and sell on the broker. Yes some dropped from event but its not enough and the demand is much higher than the supply. Its come to the point where for certain classes there is not enough for a single piece of armour, they would have to buy expensive boxes.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived