Newbie Friday - Few Questions

GenericUser9878

Hi, I'm a returning player and I have few random questions. I stopped playing right before the vision sigma update.

Can I replace all my current old stigmas (prior vision stigma update) to the new stigmas? Like I heard that there were gonna put an NPC that exchanges all your stigma stones with the new ones. Is this still possible??

Second question: I made a new character anyway because now it's really easy to level up. I'm already at lv55 and I think it was a wise choice so that I get all the new sets through the new quests and storyline because I guess what I had before now it's worthless (blood mark set and ancient coin set). I made a sorcerer and stigma wise I already got the full tree from the quests (another reason to easily get the stigmas since they are too expensive from brokers). I have the Repulsive Field vision stigma which I'm gonna keep because I planned a build that is gonna give me that vision anyway. so the question is where can I find the other stigmas that I didn't get from the quests? Will I receive more stigma quest and get them all by level 75?

Also where do I drop stigmas so that to upgrade them?

Last question: I get the effect of the vision stigma Repulsive Field. 6s shield that blocks 30k damage. But you can't move or attack so what's the point? How is that skill usefull? I believe it's a pure PvP skill but if so isn't Boon of Iron Clad better? Allows you to move and attack so you get a chance to run away or CC the opponents and I think it's a bit more efficient panic skill than the vision stigma.

First, no. There is not an NPC that replaces all your old stigmas. However, there are NPCs (or there were?) in your capital that gives you AP in exchange for the stigmas you bought with AP and kinah for the ones you purchased with kinah. (or maybe the kinah ones are automated now?) 

Second, no. You receive one tree of your stigmas through quests. The other tree or other stigmas either need to be purchased from the broker of received as drops. Good news is that you can buy 3 bundles of stigmas (where you can select the one you want) from an artifact on your end-game map. They cost 10 spinal medals each. Also, you get a stigma bundle (random class) from running Evergale Canyion (PvP 66+ instance). Events usually give stigmas. This answers your third question as well.

I don't play Sorc, so I really can't speak to how good that Linked Stigma is.

EDIT: I think the stigma turn in for ap and kinah is actually all automated now. Just need them in your inventory when you login. A window should pop up offering to sell them for you.

If you havent played since the first stigma overhaul (4.8, since the introduction of LINKED skills), you should have bundles that give you stigmas for your class of any kind, but those are irrelevant now. The second stigma change (when they removed inert stigmas, 5.3?), I think we got several bundles allowing you to get every single stigma stone for your class depending on how many slot you unlocked. Check your inventory for the "Normal/Greater/Major x-class Stigma Bundles".

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

However, there are NPCs (or there were?) in your capital that gives you AP in exchange for the stigmas you bought with AP and kinah for the ones you purchased with kinah. (or maybe the kinah ones are automated now?) 

The NPCs that exchanged stigmas for AP were the very first ones before any stigma changes. they dont exist anymore. All old stigmas can be exchanged for their original values by just "using" them on your inventory, popping up a window.

2) Aly covered it. You also get Stigmas from Crucible Spire.

Archived