Jump to content
kuroma-DN

What happened to the drops in iluma / norsold?

Recommended Posts

What happened suddenly nothing drop from mobs and only from isnstance?... I want to craft things but now I cant get metrials at all... That a bug in the drop rate which will be fix someday or that is the new drop rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vantheria-IS said:

They were nerfed with the 5.6 release.

Yep, it sucks.

that not only sucks.... if its not bug I have only 1 question to ncsoft HOW WE WILL CRAFT NOW?! its not like in the past that we gather what we need and then craft now we have to start almost everything from extracting armor pices and weapons... and please dont say "u still get them from instance" not all the people have the time to run every instnace (even one run can take time people which some people dont have) or even if u run who said u will get something?  

so what now people will start to join only 70+ for adma/ttc to make it fast run? (like those who gearcheck ORB and the old UAx3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   

Nerfing the drops only advantages bots who can grind for days without break... the same thing was done in Idian Depths and it made the real players leave ID a lot faster than the bots.

Edited by Capa-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read the mobs in Cygnea are supposed to drop aetheric field pieces so I tried farming them so I could get into the instance the other night. I was there for a couple of hours and killed enough mobs to earn over 6k AP but didn't see a single one. I did get one white drop, so there's that.

Edited by Krysalinne-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kuroma-IS said:

that not only sucks.... if its not bug I have only 1 question to ncsoft HOW WE WILL CRAFT NOW?! its not like in the past that we gather what we need and then craft now we have to start almost everything from extracting armor pices and weapons... and please dont say "u still get them from instance" not all the people have the time to run every instnace (even one run can take time people which some people dont have) or even if u run who said u will get something?  

so what now people will start to join only 70+ for adma/ttc to make it fast run? (like those who gearcheck ORB and the old UAx3)

Hey, I'm on your side lol. I hate it. I used to do the daily mob kill quests every day. The XP and "brilliant gift" reward are laughable, so I did it mostly for the drops. Getting purple and orange gear drops that I could sell on broker because I'm always low on kinah. Now that I get no drops, I see no point in doing those dailies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vantheria-IS said:

Hey, I'm on your side lol. I hate it. I used to do the daily mob kill quests every day. The XP and "brilliant gift" reward are laughable, so I did it mostly for the drops. Getting purple and orange gear drops that I could sell on broker because I'm always low on kinah. Now that I get no drops, I see no point in doing those dailies.

I think the fastest way to get answer is to send ticket lol I will try it 

17 minutes ago, Capa-SL said:

Nerfing the drops only advantages bots who can grind for days without break... the same thing was done in Idian Depths and it made the real players leave ID a lot faster than the bots.

bot? I didnt saw bot LONG time... and if u see temp afk most of the time its not a bot its a temp who afking... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kuroma-IS said:

bot? I didnt saw bot LONG time..

You must not be IS-A then. There are 3-4 bots I see every single night. You can tell because they're level 70+, but still soldier rank 9, and they always pick the half dps/half heal classes (chanter or SW). Plus they're severely undergeared. One of them, a chanter, is still in visible Resurgent gear lol. They're always farming mobs in the exact same area--on the way over to Fissure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kuroma-IS said:

What happened suddenly nothing drop from mobs and only from isnstance?... I want to craft things but now I cant get metrials at all... That a bug in the drop rate which will be fix someday or that is the new drop rate?

May I ask what are you crafting? Because most materials are now sold directly by NPCs:

Spirit Stone of Eternity: Sold in stacks of 100 for ~11m kinah whenever you have your UA Landing at L5 (one bundle per day, can be purchased by any toon but can only be opened by 66+ toons). Also guaranteed drop (in stacks of 5) from named bosses in the Upper Abyss.

Natural Vitality / Natural Essence / Edible Fruit / Edible Meat: Sold in stacks of 100 for ~200k kinah by the Aetherforging NPCs in Norsvold/Illuma (one bundle per day, can be purchased by any toon but can only be opened by 66+ toons)

So that leaves Spirit Stones of Darkness/Light, as well as the [green/blue/red/purple] water drops/gems as the only annoying materials that rely on mob drops (which bots farm anyway, so you may as well just get them from the broker and use your time farming things with guaranteed drops instead). 

 

 

2 hours ago, kuroma-IS said:

that not only sucks.... if its not bug I have only 1 question to ncsoft HOW WE WILL CRAFT NOW?! its not like in the past that we gather what we need and then craft now we have to start almost everything from extracting armor pices and weapons... and please dont say "u still get them from instance" not all the people have the time to run every instnace (even one run can take time people which some people dont have) or even if u run who said u will get something?  

so what now people will start to join only 70+ for adma/ttc to make it fast run? (like those who gearcheck ORB and the old UAx3)

That's actually an argument in favor of running instances rather than farming in open world in terms of time vs rewards. You could spend an hour farming in open world just to end up with a bunch of useless +1 manastones, and even actual material drops would hardly sell for anything since the material bundles sold by NPCs pretty much regulate the prices, and bots keep the prices low on the other mats anyway.

Meanwhile, even in a run where you had to wait for people relogging/DC'ing etc, you shouldn't be spending more than an hour in an AoE or CoE 2-boss run, which will give you guaranteed loot (armor/weapon boxes for each group member, so DE heaven right there), on top of extra kinah from selling Golden Wings / supplements / other drops. Those instances have been nerfed to hell (no more enrage timer on AoE bosses for example, as well as lowering the bosses' level so fresh archdaevas can actually hit them), I've run them even on L68 alts with trash gear.

And you're forgetting we now have another solo-friendly source of kinah which is Crucible Spire, just make a bunch of cleric/SW alts (two of the easiest classes to run the instance) and clear it until you get to the floors that give you the +7/+8 manastone bundles, ez kinah right there and you can take your time clearing it as you have multiple entries per week.

Seems you're tunnel visioning your end goal, the methods for efficient kinah/material farming always change from patch to patch, rather to sticking to snore-inducing open world farm you should adapt and give it a try with instances, be it solo or group content (avoid Adma/TL since they don't give guaranteed loot for everyone anymore, unless you need dimension stones).
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I just say in the past from 1 hour of farrm I could get more then 10 armor pice in good days in one run I cna get 1 pice if the roll work for me 10 is bigger then 1 and to get 1 pice u could do it in 5-10 min if u kill mobs fast and know where to fram and which mobs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
22 minutes ago, kuroma-IS said:

Btw I just say in the past from 1 hour of farrm I could get more then 10 armor pice in good days in one run I cna get 1 pice if the roll work for me 10 is bigger then 1 and to get 1 pice u could do it in 5-10 min if u kill mobs fast and know where to fram and which mobs 

That's what a nerf means and you actually demonstrate why it needed to be nerfed. 10 armor pieces in an hour of grinding? Why would anyone make a group to run an instance? And if you, a person, was getting 10 in an hour, imagine the kinah being made by the bots?

 

As Hinotorii pointed out, there are place now to get the normal drops without having to farm and if you want things to disenchant, you are going to have to make friends and run instances. Try running AOE (which is easy easy now) with a group of friends several times in a row. Do loot "one mythic and pass". Everyone gets at least one mythic de each run, plus you get the boxes with more disenchants in them. 

Edited by Nyinu-KR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

That's what a nerf means and you actually demonstrate why it needed to be nerfed. 10 armor pieces in an hour of grinding? Why would anyone make a group to run an instance? And if you, a person, was getting 10 in an hour, imagine the kinah being made by the bots?

 

As Hinotorii pointed out, there are place now to get the normal drops without having to farm and if you want things to disenchant, you are going to have to make friends and run instances. Try running AOE (which is easy easy now) with a group of friends several times in a row. Do loot "one mythic and pass". Everyone gets at least one mythic de each run, plus you get the boxes with more disenchants in them. 

I killed more then 1000 mobs in one hours how u think I got it, and used almost any drop buff I had..... u have any idea how many mobs u need to kill for those drops? I am not like those who going to farm and killing slow in 1 hour I killed 1000-1400 mobs and got 6 pice to 10 pices with all buff drop I could use, some days I killed 3000 mobs and didnt got 1 pice... and I run aoe and everything but I dont like the idea now that if I dont have time I will take with me only 72+ 71+ to aoe or adma or ttc becuse I need to rush thing and go back to my life in 20 min... I am thinkg about new players too. if people will conetinue with that the new player will not be able to get in ttc or adma just before few days I Saw in lfg group for adma or ttc who join only 72+ becuase one of them had to go fast in real life.... those things will just get more common and new players will not get into groups... 

I did CoE in 30-38 min once (without last boss) so think about the time its needed and about new players. As the BG of legion I cant to make only high lvl groups, that why I couldnt run anything last week I dont have the time to go to do full instance now. 

and please dont start AoE is short I know is short and easy now but BG and Deputy of legion need to take people them even if they will make TTC run 40-45 min insted of 15min

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw about the kinah is very low what u get from the pices is only trash gear  very rare when u got good gear, that why I siad u need to know WHERE to farm WHAT to farm. how do u think I could kill the 1000-2000 mobs in a hour for those 10 pices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

So you are perfectly capable of getting things to disenchant. Not sure why you are complaining.

because I killed 500 mobs and got nothing lately so I stoped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
5 hours ago, kuroma-IS said:

 

because I killed 500 mobs and got nothing lately so I stoped

That seems like a good thing to me. Last thing any sane person would want to do with their time is kill 2 thousand mobs for disenchants you can get in other ways. So this nerf is totally improving your game play! Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

That seems like a good thing to me. Last thing any sane person would want to do with their time is kill 2 thousand mobs for disenchants you can get in other ways. So this nerf is totally improving your game play! Good to know.

so ur problem that I could make a lof of metrials because I killed mobs fast? lol I know people who farmed 4 hours and got one pice... maybe I need to chhange my location anyway I got tired from that meanless "fight" I will just get things in my ways haha, have fun all and I hope I can kill mobs just for fun and still to get things.

Btw if I killing elite mobs lvl 80 they still drops thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

I don't have a problem at all. You are the one crying that you can no longer kill two thousand mobs for 10 disenchants when you are fully aware how you can get the same things in other ways.

 

If killing two thousand mobs is your idea of a good time in Aion, then the drops really are meaningless. 

Edited by Nyinu-KR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 6:06 AM, Nyinu-KR said:

That seems like a good thing to me. Last thing any sane person would want to do with their time is kill 2 thousand mobs for disenchants you can get in other ways. So this nerf is totally improving your game play! Good to know.

There seems to be a severe disrespect for other peoples play styles here. Just because you wouldn't want to do something, doesn't dismiss it as a viable play option for other players. I don't like waiting 20-30 min for instances to form so I don't do a lot of instances, other people would rather wait in sanctum for something to do and don't really mind (imnsho) wasting most of their game time waiting for stuff to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want drops when your faction has the UA forts go solo or duo barracks the drop rate in there has not been nerfed and you can still get around 10 drops per one run with a drop buff. With out a drop buff i found to get around 3-4 but still better then none i just don't see the gain vs time invested with no drop buff but open world used to be like that and i doubt they nerf the drop rate in there since a bot can not effectively farm that place due to entrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zhynn-DN   
On 15/08/2017 at 5:49 PM, Hinotorii-SL said:

Spirit Stone of Eternity: Sold in stacks of 100 for ~11m kinah whenever you have your UA Landing at L5 (one bundle per day, can be purchased by any toon but can only be opened by 66+ toons). Also guaranteed drop (in stacks of 5) from named bosses in the Upper Abyss.

Natural Vitality / Natural Essence / Edible Fruit / Edible Meat: Sold in stacks of 100 for ~200k kinah by the Aetherforging NPCs in Norsvold/Illuma (one bundle per day, can be purchased by any toon but can only be opened by 66+ toons).
 

True. Yes. Good points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 10:49 PM, Hinotori-KT said:

May I ask what are you crafting? Because most materials are now sold directly by NPCs:

Spirit Stone of Eternity: Sold in stacks of 100 for ~11m kinah whenever you have your UA Landing at L5 (one bundle per day, can be purchased by any toon but can only be opened by 66+ toons). Also guaranteed drop (in stacks of 5) from named bosses in the Upper Abyss.

Where is the npc that sells that spirit stone of eternity bundle? o-o 

Also besides the named bosses, is there another way to farm them out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×