Forums

Aion 6.0

Sunreeli

So let me get this right in 6.0

They are revamping the entire map and removing large parts of it :(

The archdeava system is going and the skills for all classes are being revamped :(

The economy is being completly changed with Kinah no longer having any value .

Crafting (as we know it)  aethertapping and essance tapping are gone all the time kinah blood sweat and tears gone (really not happy about this part !!!!) >:(>:(>:(

So basically its a brand new game why the hell not put this Aion into maintence mode  and just make Aion 2 on a new engine cause 6.0 is a completly new game !!

No, they are not sweeping it under a rug, they are literally just throwing it out of the window. And, yes, that is not hiding them, that is literally removing existing content and pretending it is not there, because it wont be there, replaced by new content.

1 hour ago, Taisto-KT said:

So let me get this right in 6.0

They are revamping the entire map and removing large parts of it :(

The archdeava system is going and the skills for all classes are being revamped :(

The economy is being completly changed with Kinah no longer having any value .

Crafting (as we know it)  aethertapping and essance tapping are gone all the time kinah blood sweat and tears gone (really not happy about this part !!!!) >:(>:(>:(

So basically its a brand new game why the hell not put this Aion into maintence mode  and just make Aion 2 on a new engine cause 6.0 is a completly new game !!

The re-vamping of the maps is actually needed. Leveling has become so much easier that we really don't need all those  low level maps. The content on them has been out of date for years. I think of the reduction in maps as "streamlining". All the extraneous quests have been removed so that the flow of quests and the story -should- be much nicer than the jumbled mess we have now.

Some of the skills from the arch-daeva system will be rolled into changes in class skills. I don't think there is anything to panic about this. Change is tough but we have been through this once before. It will just take some getting used to.

I seems to me that the economy changes -should- alleviate some (or a lot?) of the inflation we see on the servers. It's going to feel very strange, but in the end these changes should help a lot.

I have master crafters and am torn regarding the changes to crafting, but again.. this change feels like a streamlining. Unlike the Koreans, we have a heads up. So we have time to work on our aetherforging before the changes happen.

There is a reason why 6.0 was named "Refly" in Korea. We are literally starting over with some of our old Aion systems.. hopefully for the better.

im sure im not the only person that likes lvling at a normal speed  and enjoying the maps even after the 50 + toons ive made over the past 10 years i still like questing  i dont get the whole lets get you to end game in a few sec makes no sense to me. people get to end game now without actually knowing how to play thier class having done no group stuff so having no idea how they perform in a group situation or anything about the other classes. The continual dumbbing down and nerfing into the ground removes all the fun .  

im pretty pissed  as a beta tester that all the money ( from when it was subbed ) work blood sweat and tears that i have invested in this game is just being thrown out the window .

if they wanted to make such radical changes MAKE AION 2  with a new engine instead of just rehashing the old stuff. I personally wish they would make a legacy server with old Aion on it from pre 2.0 when rifting was fun before they screwed everything up .

Pretty much the only thing i agree with is the basic resetting of the economy should have been done a long time ago way to much kinah in the game broker is completly out of a casual players range 

I do understand what you are trying to say, but I still do not understand why every new player MUST know how to properly play at low levels. So what if you have to learn your skillset at endgame? As long as they get it, I think its fine. That is why each big patch adds different tiers of instances so that players can gradually learn. I do not see why its wrong to learn what you class can do while doing the Norsvold/Iluma instances or AoE.

5 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

I do understand what you are trying to say, but I still do not understand why every new player MUST know how to properly play at low levels. So what if you have to learn your skillset at endgame? As long as they get it, I think its fine. That is why each big patch adds different tiers of instances so that players can gradually learn. I do not see why its wrong to learn what you class can do while doing the Norsvold/Iluma instances or AoE.

whats the point of lvling if not to learn how to play your class  might as well just start at endgame !! not saying you must know how to play properly at low lvls but the whole point of lvling systems are so that you learn how to play your class etc . if people want to just faceroll to end game thats fine thats what fast track is for but dont take away the game for the people that actually enjoy lvling properly !!

But what is leveling properly? You'll get a completely different answer from each person you ask.

I think the Korean grindfest method teaches you nothing. I didn't learn my class pre-2.0 because it didn't matter that I was spending 8 hours a day every day working on leveling if the skills and rotations I developed weren't optimized or even correct. I dropped over 100+ hours on glad leveling it in 1.5-1.9 and still suck because it's not practice (and grinding) that makes perfect... it's perfect practice makes perfect.

I prefer the fast leveling where I can get my full kit and then start figuring my nyerk out. And I don't feel like I'm doing nothing but feeding a pay by the hour system.

I'm glad you found pre-2.0 fun. I did not. I did not at all.

like i said nothing wrong with people like yourself that just want to go staight to end game fast track is there for that  however dont remove the option to quest to end game at a normal speed that option should still be available you are cutting out a pretty big chunk of players by removing that option . for example  i would imagine the RPers are pretty pissed about it and people like myself that enjoy the lvling process.

I have never found Aion to be grindy i do not remember having to just grind mobs for the hell of it, because i quested did the instances etc. so killing mobs had a reward and a sence of achivement .

From a devs point of view why even bother having a lvling system if you just rush everyone to endgame seems to me like it would make more sense to just start at 80 and scrap the rest of the game save alot of money on development if they didnt have to develop lvling content !!!   

37 minutes ago, Taisto-KT said:

whats the point of lvling if not to learn how to play your class  might as well just start at endgame !! not saying you must know how to play properly at low lvls but the whole point of lvling systems are so that you learn how to play your class etc . if people want to just faceroll to end game thats fine thats what fast track is for but dont take away the game for the people that actually enjoy lvling properly !!

Supposedly there is a little spirit/thing that guides you in the leveling process that is supposed to teach the game far better than the old quests ever did.

Leveling is going to be different. Just like the classes will be different and the areas will be different and the way we get gear will be different and etc. 

no its old Aion rehashed again on a 10+ year old engine which was being pushed when they released it . with the changes they are making basicically a new aion it would have been better to make Aion 2 on a new modern engine that would be able to carry the game forward. 

Put it this way 6.0 in my opinion is Nc trying to get a few more years out of Aion while developing the new Lineage and the next Aion.  It is smart business keep bringing in money with your older game while developing the new ones behind the scenes and when they are ready cash in again.  Why else redesign the whole game basically  and call it refly then not to try to bleed few more years out of it

There are some things about 6.0 that make me nervous and even a little mad, BUT I think we're all jumping the gun here. It's only been out for a couple of weeks and 99% of us haven't even gotten to play it. I intend to play 6.0 when it releases here in NA. If I like it, great. If I don't like it, then fine, I will stop playing the game. I think we all just need to calm down and see how we like it once we *actually get to play it OURSELVES.*

I actually agree with a lot of what Taisto-KT is saying. I would totally advocate for two separate servers if I thought it were possible; one server for the PVPers who prefer endgame content, and another for those who wish to take their time with the leveling process.

While I am truly disappointed in the direction the game is going, I think I will stick around until I have experienced the changes for myself.

Nope. Is not the old Aion Taisto. Is a completely different game than all that we saw previously. 

And yes, they made a lot of big mistakes in the last years, and they paid for that. They lost a lot of players in many games (and money). Still, they are not really trying to solve them. It seems those are the same "noobs" who screwed aion in the first place, cause they are destroying a lot of things that people loved from aion at the same time they erase the mistakes. In their place, I would try to take the game idea back to Aion 3 (with new gear on the same style and more instances). When you are having a crisis is better to come back to the last point you were fine, instead of trying something new and risk yourself even more. 

Maybe it will be a great game.  Maybe it will be another failure.  We still do not know. But what is sure, is not the same Aion that we played all those years. 

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

(pre4.8) 4.X > 3.X by a longshot

Actually I liked the first stages on 4.X. The new maps, open world PvP (even when I am a PvE lover), The Blood Marks and the way to get some pvp gear in camps with casual PvP was nice. New and heavy instances to get the new and powerfull "purple items". Yes. it was really funny.

But I am not sure. Maybe the good and funny things were just the continuation of some old good things. I remember some mistakes and weird things even in 4.0. So it was like the devs weren´t really inside the game when they did all the new things. 

Few examples:
- the new items from crafting weren´t balanced. The gear was impossible to craft and the new scrolls and potions were too expensive and hard compared with previous ones or similar items (they needed to give katalium gear in events and adapt the potions and even add them in NPCs).
- Ceramium medals at the beginning of 4.0 were so hard to get. And the abyss gear became more complicated to obtain than in previous versions. After that they had to add them in new instances (most of them PvE).
- Most of the instances were so hard at the beggining and so few people were able to finish them (is normal to have some hard ones with nice rewards, and some easier ones with lower rewards). 

Was like they started to do some things without thinking in them so much, but we did not notice that cause the game was still great. :P 

I would've never even considered playing Aion if this 6.0 patch never happened but here I am preparing for it because the playing field will be leveled between a new player and a veteran, gear wise. I see concern about losing gear but just think about how good this can be with a steady influx of people looking for a great pvp game.

3 hours ago, Aiel-DN said:

I would've never even considered playing Aion if this 6.0 patch never happened but here I am preparing for it because the playing field will be leveled between a new player and a veteran, gear wise. I see concern about losing gear but just think about how good this can be with a steady influx of people looking for a great pvp game.

I am taking it easy now, not trying to level up (it's such a pain) I know I will lose all my efforts to have taken my toons to master but it will be okay, I will lose all my houses on all my accounts like losing them before was not enough, etc. etc. When 6.0 will go live I will try and I must really, really do not like it to leave, I bared so many things in this game and I'm still here so only if 6.0 will be just or mainly PvP it will be my time to leave. 

Before I start to worry I will try. Now is not the time. :)

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Supposedly there is a little spirit/thing that guides you in the leveling process that is supposed to teach the game far better than the old quests ever did.

Leveling is going to be different. Just like the classes will be different and the areas will be different and the way we get gear will be different and etc. 

Its not a spirit. Cheska is Munin's granddaughter and she guides the leveling through campaigns. Sometimes she joins your group to help in combat.

Leveling has became pretty pathetic, easy and linear. By the way, its a good thing compared to 5.x awful exp grind.

Archived