[New Player] Looking for advises :)

YamiKokennin-KT

Hello Aion community~

So I started playing over the weekend and so far, I like the game. I know that the game has been out for a long time and it must have been through a lot of changes. With that said, do you have any advises for a newbie like me?

I am in to PvE contents only -- Solo/Party farming, raid, dungeons runs -- Currently, I am playing a Songweaver.

Any advises would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, YamiKokennin-KT said:

Hello Aion community~

So I started playing over the weekend and so far, I like the game. I know that the game has been out for a long time and it must have been through a lot of changes. With that said, do you have any advises for a newbie like me?

I am in to PvE contents only -- Solo/Party farming, raid, dungeons runs -- Currently, I am playing a Songweaver.

Any advises would be much appreciated!

Yes ------> Final Fantasy XIV PVE >>> Aion

(plus you will be PVPing in Aion) so expect it

16lzmfk.jpg

My advice for the new player would be, when it comes to crafting, pick just one  profession. When you level a profession to Expert, you will unlock a quest that will reward you with an extra row of space for your personal inventory. That extra space will come in handy as you level. I should warn you though, crafts in general, are not only ultra expensive and time consuming, but they are removing the crafting professions entirely in the next major update (6.0). Unless you like the idea of making your own consumables (cooking or alchemy) or crafting furniture items for your studio (construction), don't waste your time picking up a second profession.

My suggestion is to go to Options > Interface > Untick the option that prevents you form seeing low level quests. They are not a great source of XP, some are really grindy, others are tedious, but some of them have good stories behind them and such.

48 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

Final Fantasy XIV PVE >>> Aion

Meh, all PvE is the same.

7 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

Yes ------> Final Fantasy XIV PVE >>> Aion

(plus you will be PVPing in Aion) so expect it

@Calista-DN Haha, I personally am not a fan of FF actually so...it's alright :) But the PvP you mentioned, is it for end game or just based on event/quest?

@Voltric-DN @Cheesecake-DN Thank you for the input. Yea I got quite overwhelmed yesterday when all of a sudden there were so many crafting starter quests. I guess I will wait and see which one I want :) 

@Bryos-KT Thank you~ Yea I am still doing some low level quests for their back stories. So far, not too bad I guess

Hello, Welcome to Aion, "I'm glad you're here," my favorite Shugo Quote.

Best advice: Aion 6.0 will be out some time this year, and the game will change dramatically. When that happens, we will all be looking for advice.

For now, levels 1-65 are the introduction to the game.  It will go fast if you want, or you can take your time to practice using the new skills you get every few levels. Do the yellow, campaign, quests and a few blue quests to level up.

I am at level 74 and I can make and spend 42 million in an hour. Don't worry about the in game, kinah, cost of anything. At L70+ most of everything in game becomes affordable.

So for levels 1-65, just have fun.  Quests will give us the gear we need, and we don't have to do anything to get through the intro fast. If anything, it goes too fast/as fast as you want it to.

There is a craft we get at L66, called Aetherforging. Alchemy (Level up to 480) is still useful, but the other crafts are not useful. When 6.0 is released. Aetherforging will be the only crat in game.

MayBlue

1-65 are empty levels, they are sections of the game NCSOFT abandoned and just speed you through. They have a short exp curve and you gain a substantial amount of power in a short period of time. 66+ is where things slow down quickly, your strength is tied to creative points(CP) which come from leveling and essence cores.

66-68 is not that bad but the exp curve changes drastically, the next level is the sum of the exp required of all previous levels. For example, 67 is the sum of the exp from 1-66, 68 is 1-67, and so forth. CP is earned each time your exp bar gets to a blue diamond and you get 5 bonus points per level. This has gotten easier now that Adma, Theo, FP, and DL are 3 man instances that give a lot of exp but it still takes a long time even with exp amulets (which you can farm with a level 9 character). Furthermore, NCSOFT disabled world drops on archdaeva maps so the only source of materials, enchanting items, and gear are the instances which have a limited number of entries; Try to get a instance boost pack to mitigate this. Sadly, people don't check gear like the did in 4.x they just look at your level so sometimes you get rejected when you apply.

Fortunately, you can buy any piece of gear but you need kinah, and that comes from selling things that drop in the instances, from events, or RMT with the BCM ( or with "Paul" ). You also have dailies that can help a bit as well.

66-68: Luna, Adma, Theo, dailies

69 -74: AOE, COE (2boss), Luna, Adma, Theo, dailies

75: FM, TOE(rarely), BOS( ~20k hp )

World drops have tons of crafting materials, unless you mean other "materials".

Also, there are two kinds of "RMT", the good one (passing NCoin Codes or getting someone to buy you something from the BCM) and the bad one (buying kinah from gold sellers). NEVER do the latter.

30 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

World drops have tons of crafting materials, unless you mean other "materials".

Also, there are two kinds of "RMT", the good one (passing NCoin Codes or getting someone to buy you something from the BCM) and the bad one (buying kinah from gold sellers). NEVER do the latter.

True there are those but they are inexpensive compared to the chronos stone line and yes you can either pay NCSOFT or "Paul". I wonder who gets more business.

You will need to raise your level. Getting exp and leveling is so important now. Will give you advantage in PvE and also in PvP. Try to do all your admas, ttcs, dls and lunas. (you will unlock fp at lvl 72). 

You will probably need some new gear. At lvl 55 you will get a free one from a quest. that one will be usefull for some time. After that you can try to get Apollon gear. Is not so expensive now. You can buy it from the broker. It gives nice stats and bonus on PvE. Probably you will need something better later, but this gear can be nice in most of the content. 

You will also need to improve your economy. As you will see there are a lot of items and things that you need to buy but kinah is hard to get at the beggining. Try to collect some expensive items like omegas doing istances, you can sell the supplements from adma, ttc, dl and some others. You can sell the low quality gear from some instances. 

Try to take profit on the events. We usually have events all the time. Some of them can give you a lot of things. You need to see what do they imrpove and focus on that. If you have an experience event, is the best moment to play a lot and get more experience. If you have an event with drops from bosses is a nice moment to do as many instances as you can. 

As a songweaver try to practice with your skills. If you learn how to be a healer, how to be a pure dps and how to be a supportive dps, more people will want to play with you and you wll have more fun. (and no matter what other sw say, mp aoe stigma is nice and we love it :P )

10 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Are you seriously promoting gold sellers?

No, they promote themselves. I'm certain they've already seen them by the time they got to the capital city. They are eternal, though NCSOFT did a great job by reduce their numbers significantly. I'm genuinely curious since businesses set up shop where there are customers.

Even doing full support as a songweaver you can be top DPS in pve instances. Obviously will have to reach the right stats to do damage and land skills of course and learn rotations but you'll love songweaver. Just remember throne song is your best friend and will help you and everyone that is magic in your party to do more damage. Also the aoe party Mana is great :).

Archived