Weekly Server Maintenance - February 7, 2018

Cyan

I dont think its the same event like two weeks ago they didnt said anything about plums and to make the cards npc to dissappear 10 min before maintance that was mean from ncsoft... I loged 10 min before maintace and couldnt use my cards :(

But someone know if this event effect failling to pluse plumes?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Lol now they changed BoS boss drops of the purifying material.... really. So some benefited and are up ahead, now the next ones will suffer..... should be better to keep as it was. That is not fair for the rest of the players.

They shouldn’t have made it so easy to get in the first place. I’m glad they fixed it... You think its fair when complete noob has best gear in game? Cuz this is what was happening.

1 hour ago, Heat-KT said:

They shouldn’t have made it so easy to get in the first place. I’m glad they fixed it... You think its fair when complete noob has best gear in game? Cuz this is what was happening.

I do not think "a complete noob" can get those stones. First at all you need to have 20K HP and/or good gear with PvE stats to survive the aoes. Also a complete noob can not even follow the instructions to do all the way with the prisoners (I saw one kicked out for that). Finally you need some xforms, many heals and still nice dps. So not everybody can do even just 1 boss. But it is true that at least 10-15% of the players can do that now. 

Decreasing the amount of stones to 1/5 will not change who get them. It only will change how fast we get them. 

IMO the bad idea was to give harvester gear so easily in the events but keeping BoS so hard to do. But those stones should be easy to get. 

23 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I do not think "a complete noob" can get those stones. First at all you need to have 20K HP and/or good gear with PvE stats to survive the aoes. Also a complete noob can not even follow the instructions to do all the way with the prisoners (I saw one kicked out for that). Finally you need some xforms, many heals and still nice dps. So not everybody can do even just 1 boss. But it is true that at least 10-15% of the players can do that now. 

Decreasing the amount of stones to 1/5 will not change who get them. It only will change how fast we get them. 

IMO the bad idea was to give harvester gear so easily in the events but keeping BoS so hard to do. But those stones should be easy to get. 

I agree with you about the Harvester's gear. Because I do I think it was a doubly  bad idea to make the upgrading of the gear (that we agree they shouldn't have had in the first place) nyerk easy.

Any tardlet wearing Harvester's even underleveled were making "BoS 1 boss" groups. Players that wouldn't know a rotation if it baked them a cake for their birthday were doing it. 

Basically giving the gear away, making the gear stupid easy to upgrade made it so that nublet players never had to learn to play properly in order to be rocking the best gear in the game.. to use in their AoE runs.

Changing it to make the upgrade items harder to get was a good idea, even though it was like closing the barn door after the cow had run away, been slaughtered, turned into ground beef, sold at the local market and been used in a 4th of July BBQ.

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Complete noobs have gotten into the BoS 1boss runs and were carried even though they constantly died or got lost. I was in a few runs with some carries. Unfortunately they didn't get kicked. Or you got the people that can at least follow directions but they still don't know to play their class and their DPS/heals suck.

In a group with two clerics, couldn't keep the group alive. But G2 with 1 cleric and a dps chanter is fine. 

4 minutes ago, Jayda-KT said:

Complete noobs have gotten into the BoS 1boss runs and were carried even though they constantly died or got lost. I was in a few runs with some carries. Unfortunately they didn't get kicked. Or you got the people that can at least follow directions but they still don't know to play their class and their DPS/heals suck.

In a group with two clerics, couldn't keep the group alive. But G2 with 1 cleric and a dps chanter is fine. 

In my last run i was in a group with 2 other clerics, so the leader told me to go in DPS mode..... we had a templar in that group too, but he was kicked out for not having idea about how to follow us. 

after a short time I realized that just doing DPS could be a bad idea and I used more time healing than attacking. And to be honest, I was fine with just half of my heals, so actually I was healing the healers... And now that I think about that, why I was doing that? :P 

1 minute ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

In my last run i was in a group with 2 other clerics, so the leader told me to go in DPS mode..... we had a templar in that group too, but he was kicked out for not having idea about how to follow us. 

after a short time I realized that just doing DPS could be a bad idea and I used more time healing than attacking. And to be honest, I was fine with just half of my heals, so actually I was healing the healers... And now that I think about that, why I was doing that? :P 

Yeah I had to stop and heal them myself. And the clerics didn't have mansions/estates, nor used an admin boon. So their just barely 19k HP turned into like 17k, and it just got worse from there.

1 minute ago, Jayda-KT said:

Yeah I had to stop and heal them myself. And the clerics didn't have mansions/estates, nor used an admin boon. So their just barely 19k HP turned into like 17k, and it just got worse from there.

Lol

but still the funiest time there was once that I was in healing mode but they added on my group a sorcerer with 14.500 HP. How it is supposed to keep him alive? :P 
And with soul sickness was even funnier XD. And I keeped ressing him, probably he had to pay a fortune in the soul healer xD

wellp this might be the week everything goes to shit but yet ppl like to focus on what the "no blink blink noobs" get, but nono if they have money to spend and they come to my instance with best gear its all good... if the groups arent too demanding on skill might be because the skill in general it hasnt been requiered for quite some time.. very few ppl like to "teach" and the majority wants to get it over with asap

nobody is special anymore in this game unless they can finance it...

12 minutes ago, Reflectionn-DN said:

wellp this might be the week everything goes to shit but yet ppl like to focus on what the "no blink blink noobs" get, but nono if they have money to spend and they come to my instance with best gear its all good... if the groups arent too demanding on skill might be because the skill in general it hasnt been requiered for quite some time.. very few ppl like to "teach" and the majority wants to get it over with asap

nobody is special anymore in this game unless they can finance it...

I have a Legion since many years ago and we accept everyone no matter the gear or level. I used a lot of time teaching them and taking them to instances so they can get better stuff. So nope. I´m not elitist. Actually I am pretty noob (no matter how much time I´ve played :P ) 

And you are right about that the game was so easy on lower levels since a lot of time ago. Now you can go from 1 to 66 in few days and you do not need to learn a thing. After that you will just join some easy instances where most of the players rush and still you will not learn a thing. And finally you will find yourself with lvl 71 or 72 and you wont even know what are the essence points or why you can not access to reshanta. In the past all the levels and maps had a lot of players and we needed to play with others, collect our gear and learn how to play. I had a very bad time on my first Fire Temple cause I wasn´t good using my dispels (divided in 2 skills on that level) 

But we were more humble on that time. It took me some months to go to rentus and tiamat stronghold. I asked other people about requirements and I needed that time to get the stigmas and gear. Now everybody thinks that they must be allowed to go everywhere no matter the gear or practice cause is just a game. I still keep that habit from the past. When I see a post about something I do not know, before applying I wisper to the leader and I tell him that I do not know how to do it, but I would like to try and if that is ok to him. If he says no, is fine (and usually if you are honest, so few people rejects you and even if you fail later, nobody is mad about that, cause you told them)

The rates of this event are LAME.

Just another money sink from NCsot and i'm not surprised.

Before the event I've managed to +9 two stigmas easly than now.

Boon of Quickness broke 6 times IN A ROW. I've exploded more than 40 stigmas and its on +4 now;

I know a friend who +9 at first, RNG is RNG. Yet the rates are total lame. Good luck spending billions of kinah or a lot of cash to end up in a +3 ~+4 stigma

5 minutes ago, Kero-DN said:

The rates of this event are LAME.

Just another money sink from NCsot and i'm not surprised.

Before the event I've managed to +9 two stigmas easly than now.

Boon of Quickness broke 6 times IN A ROW. I've exploded more than 40 stigmas and its on +4 now;

I know a friend who +9 at first, RNG is RNG. Yet the rates are total lame. Good luck spending billions of kinah or a lot of cash to end up in a +3 ~+4 stigma

It's supposed to be stupid hard to get to +9. If you managed it before the event, that's flat-out amazing. You don't get to complain about your RNG ever again. 

3 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

To be fair, that item is irrelevant with the event going. :P

Edit:

Or more like, the event is irrelevant with that item.

No, and no.

1- In this event you MUST have the exact stigma to enchant your target stigma, also the enchantment rates are clearly nerfed. I've seen people breaking 100+ pieces of Arcane Thunderbolt and yet not getting it to +9

2- This item can crit +2

3- This item can crit +3

4- This item can maintain the enchantment level of your stigma untouched in a fail with a good/reasonable rate (just search for koreans using it)

5- The price of stigmas floats in a really high range and depends on wich one you want to enchant.

6- stop working for NCsoft and defending their mistakes, you don't even get paid for it

• Aion Team
23 hours ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

@CyanIs there a screenshot fo the wings the top money spenders are going to win?

Just curious what the prize is gonna be ;)

We will be changing the name of the item to be a bit less confusing. Here is an image of the wings, sorry for how small it is!

vs5k2uZ.png

16 hours ago, Ooooops-DN said:

Just to be sure ...does this event equal the use of the event temperings and omega stones O.o

[Event] and non-event items will both count!

Archived