Forums

Power up Event

kitat-KT

I really love how you make out your doing us a massive favor by adding this event,when in fact it was your developer's poor game design choices that added exploding gear in the first place as yet another massive cashgrab.

And then when you've figured you have probaly lost people and money by ewxploding gear you act like your doing us yet another favor by adding supps so gear doesnt explode.

I really wish the playerbase would wake up to the tactics being employed here,the people in charge dont randomly do these things it's all planned out to maximise money,before losing player's.

Sure this event will help players somewhat,but let's nopt pretend it isnt yet another cashgrab giving us back something we previously had until all this exploding stuff was added.Everything in Aion is designed as a time,money and cashgrab.It's these sort of tactics and choices that have driven away player's and drove's and the fact it come's across as a favor is truly the icing on the cake.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's up to each player if they wanna spend money on a game or not. If you don't see it fit, then don't but most of us already guessed what this event will be about. Not really a suprise when you have played here for a while. Nobody is forcing to do so, so I don't really understand what your goal is with this thread anyway since NCSoft is a company and have to earn their money too somehow so of course there will be some P2W events and this is one of them, although this one is a bit different compared to others, since you might actually get some of your stuff enchanted. Not sure how the RNG will be, this thing is unpredictable. lol

I now own over 100 stigmas; can't wait for tomorrow!

14 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

you might actually get some of your stuff enchanted. Not sure how the RNG will be, this thing is unpredictable. lol

Anyway out there to better the RNG? (some have claimed:)

1. Enchant/temper then wait exactly 10 min for the next enchant. (start at 1, then enchant every 10 min.)
  2. Before you enchant, max out DP first.
  3. Before you enchant, get as much Energy of Repose as you can.
  4. Enchant between server time 2am-3am.
  5. Enchant in your studio/house/etc.
  6. Before enchant, un-equip any items that are +5 or more/enchant naked.
  7.  Pray.

Can anyone claim any of the above is true? Anything else (in game) that we can do to get better RNG, or is everyone just crazy?

MayBlue - "I think you're crazy, just like me," Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

In news today a company is selling something to make money and pay their salaries Full Story at 11.

You had to see this coming the moment they released event info last week.  They are a business and being a free to play model which everything they are selling is farmable in game they are still in the business to make money like it or not.  so your choice you can buy stuff and upgrade or you can buy it or farm them in game your call.

6 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

I now own over 100 stigmas; can't wait for tomorrow!

Anyway out there to better the RNG? (some have claimed:)

1. Enchant/temper then wait exactly 10 min for the next enchant. (start at 1, then enchant every 10 min.)
  2. Before you enchant, max out DP first.
  3. Before you enchant, get as much Energy of Repose as you can.
  4. Enchant between server time 2am-3am.
  5. Enchant in your studio/house/etc.
  6. Before enchant, un-equip any items that are +5 or more/enchant naked.
  7.  Pray.

Can anyone claim any of the above is true? Anything else (in game) that we can do to get better RNG, or is everyone just crazy?

MayBlue - "I think you're crazy, just like me," Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

For me most suck ... oh  i mean success rate % done ,  i usually do after done instance or pvp , rate % done  more than normal time .

Maybe you guys defending these kinds of tactics should take a look around in the game, there's absolutely NO new player icons next to people's names because of stuff like this and why the game has been spiraling downward the last few years and headed to 6.0 with massive changes.  I completely agree with OP in that it's simply asinine that they know the system is shitty and give us a non-shitty version of what we want and call it an event.

Well, since we're months out from 6.0, tf do you expect them to do? The devs and higher ups at NC would never allow this buff to be active full-time because they are a company to make money, not a charity. It's p2w af, but guess what? We're a f2p game, and nearly every f2p game has some amount of p2w in it. 

Aion is OLD. Aion is not advertised. Aion reviews are being done by people who haven't played in years. 5.X is shit, but 5.X being shit isn't the only reason we're not seeing too many new players. 5.X is more the reason we're bleeding existing players.

To be honest, I do not like this kind of "events". If we can call this an event. This is just a "use your money to get more stuff". I know that a lot of people wanted this, and I know that we hate to have gear that can break. But creating this buff in this week and adding the omegas, temperings and stigmas on the BCM is too obvious. At least they could add the essence core solutions in the list (those are free and we have many). 

I prefer events that encourage the people to play and have fun. Events with drops in the instances or even exp. They also get money on those. We need more entries and we buy scrolls, instances packs and related items. And I would also like to see some "BCM event" some week with all the emotes from the past or even some skins that we can not get anymore, maybe some rare candies and fireworks or funny kisks. I bet they could make a lot of money if they do that

Now, related with this new buff, do you tested if the succes rates remain the same than previous weeks or the chances are lower? For some reasson my luck is really bad when I try to enchant in the middle of some "enchanting events" ¬¬ (and most of my friends say the same). 

Well, to be honest, you do not like many things. :P Just as you can use money, you can use in-game resources to farm them. Like, stigmas, have you not been collecting them from Crucible Spire, Evergale Canyon or Mirash Sanctum? Omegas and Tempering Solutions have been the cheapest they have been in a long while due to them being readily available by people spamming instances and events that dropped them like candy.

This kind of events, which I believe is actually the first time we have ever got one, actually encourage player the same, if not more, to play the game as the others. As I said before, spam instances for stigmas, Omegas and Tempering Solutions, do camps in Norsvold/Iluma and exchange tokens for Omegas/Solutions, do camps in Upper Reshanta for BMds and get the bundle. Even just farming kinah to buy stigmas form others, or levelling up characters to get free stigmas from quests.

Archived