rng proc nerf

RoboCawk-DN

I love it how they make rng procs for stigmas worse for event, I knew it would happen but my god it's worse than i imagined. Yes make it bad to sucker some people to buy items on bcm but c'mon man, not everyone can and between Ncsofts greed and lazyness on banning hackers is the sole reason this game keeps depleting in population and servers merging. It's frustrating, i love this game but the staffs greed and lazyness are ruining the game.

4 hours ago, Knoxville-DN said:

Here is ~350 stigmas I did BEFORE the event:

tTiSmQm.jpg

Today DURING the event it took me ~150 stigmas to finish off Apply Lethal Venom, Sigil Strike, Lightning Slash, Scoundrel Bond to +9 each. Rate seems same if not better but thats just my experience. Also I kept the same "base" stigma for each enchant and feel that some are "luckier" than the others.

And here is someone who says that he feels the success rate for stigmas went up.

It's RNG, Robo. I know many people that are now rocking all 9s. I'm not! My RNG just isn't that good. Apparently neither is yours. But I don't think it's a conspiracy.

I love you conspiracy theorists. I couldn't get one stigma to +4  before the event, I can't afterwards, whereas I got several easily to +6 with no fails, so far I think it's been better. Getting stigmas to +9 shouldn't be easy.

Reminds me of the guy with not one but TWO Sheba minions unhappy because he couldn't get a Sireine minion...

RNG in Aion is something complicated. Is not like using real dice. With many other gambling items you can know previously all the possible results and wich ones benefits you and with that you can know your success chances. 

But NCSoft never provides the success rates (except for luna daily items). So the only rates that we know, are those provided by players who made a research trying a large amount of times doing something. Also, since NCSoft does not provides "rates" they are free to change them if they want to. We saw something like that in the last snowballs event. I usually collect a large quantity of them and open them all in a row in one toon. And I like to take notes about the results. 

And you have to take into consideration that if you do few tries for something with a random result, your numbers can be really different than the real rates. Maybe you have just 20% chance of success in something. But if you do 4 tries you can "win" 3 times and you may think the chance is 75% or you can lose them all and think the chance is near 0%. The only way to know the real numbers is with so many tries. More tries you do, more close to the real rates you will be. In the snowball even I opened a large number each day, some days, and my rates were almost the same each of them. 

And something strange I saw in some of those events is that apparently the RNG could be affected by some things in the game. Like it can be bugged or something. With a large amount of atemps and knowing the normal rates, sometimes you will see that your success chance is smaller than normal. I usually stop doing what I am doing, close the game, restart my computer and log again, and the rates are normal again. I am not sure wich are those elements, but usually when something like that happens, the rates go down. (Never noticed a "weird" increase of the success). To avoid this I suggest to do all your RNG important things just after loging in, and never after many hours online.

In the past some players told me that they had a technique to improve their rates or even to have 100% success on some things. But they never showed me proofs. 

And finally, I have the same sensation than you. In my experience in Aion I tend to see lower rates on my things when we have an event that gives something doing that. So I try to take that into consideration when deciding if I am going to try the event or maybe avoid it and wait some weeks. 

30 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

I love you conspiracy theorists. I couldn't get one stigma to +4  before the event, I can't afterwards, whereas I got several easily to +6 with no fails, so far I think it's been better. Getting stigmas to +9 shouldn't be easy.

Reminds me of the guy with not one but TWO Sheba minions unhappy because he couldn't get a Sireine minion...

that person doenst exist. Its ofc a troll

Archived