Jump to content
Sunix-DN

Why not rename Aion 6.0 to Blade & Soul?

Recommended Posts

Sunix-DN   

This game has become an awful artistic copy & paste of BnS.
They started copying skins, little features, systems and now 80% of the new mobs are BnS sprites

FULL SIZE

pxuEjnY.jpg

Edited by Sunix-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

Well, interestingly enough, some of the ones you posted are reshaped Aion mobs in BnS, which are later added to Aion. :P

6 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

"Wallets of Eternity".

Could have came up with something more fitting, other than the 5.0 title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Well, interestingly enough, some of the ones you posted are reshaped Aion mobs in BnS, which are later added to Aion. :P

Could have came up with something more fitting, other than the 5.0 title.

Aion: Rewallet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirei-KT   
4 minutes ago, Kircheis-KT said:

Is it really that odd for a company to re use assets? Sames them time and money to focus on other things.

It is not unusual, but the extent to which NCSoft is doing this at present certainly makes one question their stances towards their games. It's hard to pass it off as just re-using some assets or borrowing ideas anymore. The problem is that this suggests that they either 1) have completely ran out of creativity/ideas or 2) just consider everything besides Lineage2:Mobile (their major moneymaker) as a secondary priority or quick cashgrab (hello, MxM).

Such things do not exactly indicate a bright, prolonged future for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not uncommon for a company like NC to be reusing ideas, its something they have done for a long time, i remember when Aion 3.0 came out (i think) i was playing L2 and people were saying what the Kamaels had to do in Aion. Taking an idea from one game to another is done very often, and a proof is MxM (RIP) where NC took characters from past and presents games and put them in a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunix-DN   
2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

It is not unusual, but the extent to which NCSoft is doing this at present certainly makes one question their stances towards their games. It's hard to pass it off as just re-using some assets or borrowing ideas anymore. The problem is that this suggests that they either 1) have completely ran out of creativity/ideas or 2) just consider everything besides Lineage2:Mobile (their major moneymaker) as a secondary priority or quick cashgrab (hello, MxM).

Such things do not exactly indicate a bright, prolonged future for the game.

 

you got the best reply, Kircheis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

It is not unusual, but the extent to which NCSoft is doing this at present certainly makes one question their stances towards their games. It's hard to pass it off as just re-using some assets or borrowing ideas anymore. The problem is that this suggests that they either 1) have completely ran out of creativity/ideas or 2) just consider everything besides Lineage2:Mobile (their major moneymaker) as a secondary priority or quick cashgrab (hello, MxM).

Such things do not exactly indicate a bright, prolonged future for the game.

Good reply. As also Rinkusan said, the company seems focused on short-term investments atm.

Btw, the revenue from mobile games lowered in the last quarter. But still the major moneymaker, you're right. Aion is unexpectedly raising!

XK3Py8x.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

Aion is unexpectedly raising!

Due to the merge, which occurred during 4th quarter. Everyone wanted to come back and see what it was like. I expect 1st quarter 2018 will also be steady due to 5.8 coming out. We won't truly be able to tell if Aion is steady or back into decline until summer (when 2nd quarter 2018 reports are released).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sunix-DN   
7 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Due to the merge, which occurred during 4th quarter. Everyone wanted to come back and see what it was like. I expect 1st quarter 2018 will also be steady due to 5.8 coming out. We won't truly be able to tell if Aion is steady or back into decline until summer (when 2nd quarter 2018 reports are released).

those numbers counts for every Aion server. Not only NA

Look at the GW2 numbers, thats what I call a truly Revival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   
On 2/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, Sunix-DN said:

This game has become an awful artistic copy & paste of BnS.
They started copying skins, little features, systems and now 80% of the new mobs are BnS sprites

FULL SIZE

pxuEjnY.jpg

Amazing, it's almost as if both games were made by the same company...

On 2/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, KallSu-KT said:

Good reply. As also Rinkusan said, the company seems focused on short-term investments atm.

Btw, the revenue from mobile games lowered in the last quarter. But still the major moneymaker, you're right. Aion is unexpectedly raising!

XK3Py8x.png

I figured that Aion would go up, though that only shows maybe half of it. I hope when they show 1Q 2018 it'll be much more. I'm also glad the mobile gaming craze is starting to calm down lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×